• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 27, 2014] 4SF MONTHLY PROJECT M TOURNAMENT! (Daly City, CA)

CPU / Yin

Smash Cadet

4SF is a SSB Project M tournament in the Bay Area, hosted by NCYC (The North County Youth Collective). We are a teen services organization, therefore this is a TEEN event, so please, within AGES 13-19. There will be singles and doubles, with prizes for both. Come hungry, game wise and food wise! :)

*Note: Please read the whole post to avoid asking questions that can be answered by the stuff here!*

RULES
  • 4 stocks, 8 minutes
  • Double elimination
  • S@X Stage List (Bottom 2 rows except PS1 and Skyloft, and adding in Dracula's Castle and Distant Planet)
  • Giga Bowser is banned!
  • Pause should be off. Pausing will result in losing a stock, so just turn it off.
  • If you and your opponent agree, you can play on any stage y'all would like
  • Bring your own controller!
  • Again, PLEASE BE NO OLDER THAN 19. We're not allowed to let you compete if you're above that age!
FEES AND PRIZES
$5 per singles entrant, $4 per doubles entrant (if you pay for singles, you don't have to pay for doubles!)
No venue fee
Prizes/trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place include t shirts, movie tickets, and trophies! All money goes towards Daly City Teen Services and NCYC!

FOOD?!?!
There is gonna be hella food, for good prices too (like fries and pizza).
There is also a nearby shopping center where one could theoretically purchase food. But hey. We sell food too.

SCHEDULE
Here's a good idea of the times this tournament will be running by! If you can bring set ups, please do. The more there are, the more efficiently the event will run, making it a lot better of an experience. So, that being said:

11:30 - Sign ups for both events open
12:30 - Doubles sign ups close, and doubles will begin
1:30 - Singles sign ups close, and singles will begin

Once an event begins, no more people can enter! There is no late registration, so please get here on time. If you just can't make it here before sign ups end, you should still come anyway, because there is plenty of smash to be played and people to meet!

QUESTIONS?
If you have questions, contact us...
  • by email, at persianemcee@gmail.com
  • of course you can message me on here
  • and finally, any of the contact info on the flyer
EXTRA STUFF
If you can bring a set up or extra controllers, contact me, and we can coordinate it. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
Oh My Gosh. I am glad this was finally posted! I'm sure @MasterSavage feels the same way. I'll be there most definitely. Hope the concord people return. I also have some beef with a DK/Ike main and that Ness main. See everyone there.

ThundeRzReigN

Smash Cadet
Oh My Gosh. I am glad this was finally posted! I'm sure @MasterSavage feels the same way. I'll be there most definitely. Hope the concord people return. I also have some beef with a DK/Ike main and that Ness main. See everyone there.
We'll settle this on Sunday. I'm the DK/Ike main. Can't wait to see you and everyone else there.

Reidlos Toof

Foot Dive!
You do realize that at least half the hardcore smash community in NorCal is over 19 right? Probably more then that. You have the right to impose whatever rules on entrants that you want, but I think that having an upper age limit is a real bad idea. Other communities already tend to think of Smash as a "kids game" and doing things like this really don't help.

pinkdeaf1

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0387-9018-0614
You do realize that at least half the hardcore smash community in NorCal is over 19 right? Probably more then that. You have the right to impose whatever rules on entrants that you want, but I think that having an upper age limit is a real bad idea. Other communities already tend to think of Smash as a "kids game" and doing things like this really don't help.
The problem with your statement is that this is a youth program hosting this event. The event may have a side intent of supporting the smash community for the sake of supporting smash, but in no way does that will translate "youth program" to "smash program." The main purpose of this event is for youth support - not smash support.

albg96

Smash Rookie
Does the tourney start at 11 pm?
Because that is what the post says is that correct?

Last edited:

CPU / Yin

Smash Cadet
4SF July Results:

Singles - 17 people, Top 8

1st: Tyger

2nd: ThunderzReign

3rd: Lawrence

4th: Jesse

5th: Freddy, Negative

7th: Ryan, Fuzzy PJs

Doubles - 9 teams, Top 3

1st: Tyger & Freddy

2nd: Thunder & Regret

3rd: Yin Yang (Jesse and Ryan)

Congrats to everyone who placed! It was smaller than usual, but we'll be seeing bigger numbers the next time for sure.

Challonge Links-
Singles bracket: http://challonge.com/4sfjuly
Doubles bracket: http://challonge.com/4sfjulydoubles

Top Bottom