• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 26, 2014] The Salt Shaker - Circuit Championship 300$$ In Pot Bonuses (Indianapolis, Indiana)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

The final event in this summer's Indianapolis Circuit! Come and compete against the best talent in Indy!

CIRCUIT: http://smashboards.com/threads/indianapolis-salty-summers-circuit-2014.356436/
STREAM: twitch.tv/indysmash
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IndianapolisSmash/
DOCUMENT: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TTrxrDgYW3ZVBpuYXEZcrCpNWVOqV0VrrrNM1GRvRRM

Hosts & Organizers
@ Xiivi Xiivi
@ JmanJ JmanJ
@kittheshadow
@CawRiN
@ OldManDyl (OMD) OldManDyl (OMD)

Venue
Broadway UMC
609 East 29th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46205

Our venue is the Broadway United Methodist Church; we will have two different rooms at the venue. We have been working with the church for a while now, and it's a great safe and clean environment; please help keep it that way! There is plenty of space, with tons of chairs, tables, and we have built up a lot of CRTs which we store at the venue. Having adequate space and a large number of CRTs will not be an issue! Still, we encourage players to bring Melee and Project: M set-ups; and of course more CRTs are always welcome, especially if you're aiming for a good amount of money matches and friendlies.

Parking is spacious, with two full parking lots outside of the venue. There is a local BBQ joint within walking distance; as well as Wendy's, Subway, Jimmy John's, Taco Bell and KFC within a quick driving distance. We're also good with ordering pizza if people want to do a chip-in for that! THERE WILL BE ON-SITE CATERING FROM THE CHURCH! HOT DOGS, HAMBURGERS, SODA, ETC... ALL AVAILABLE FOR A LOW COST!

Costs
Venue Fee: 5$$
Project M Singles: 10$$
Melee Singles: 10$$
Project M Doubles: 10$$ per team
Melee Doubles: 10$$ per team

Bring a CRT and get 3$$ off! Bring a Melee or P:M set-up and get 2$$ off! Bring a full set-up (CRT w/ either game) and your venue fee is waived! (If you're a local and have paid the monthly fee, you can get a reimbursement for bringing set-ups to this event!)

By bringing a set-up and accepting a venue fee discount you agree to leave possession of the set-up with the venue and staff until all events have finished.

Payout
Pot Bonus: 150$$ Melee Singles + 150$$ Project M Singles
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%

Rule Set
Melee Singles
Project M Singles (Stage List 1)

These will be the base rulesets. Check back soon for more detailed rules and code of conduct!

Schedule
12:00pm - Venue Opens
12:45pm - Late-Registration Ends
01:00pm - Melee Pools Begin
02:00pm - Project: M Pools Begin
03:00pm - Melee Doubles Begin
04:00pm - Project: M Doubles Begin
05:00pm - Melee Top 24 Bracket
07:00pm - Project: M Top 24 Bracket
09:00pm - Clean-Up Begins
10:00pm - Venue Closed

Times listed for events are start times and are not expected to be fully concluded by the next event's start time. Times are tentative and subject to change.

Registration
Pre-Registration Form
We cannot guarantee any seeding by region if you do not pre-register and are coming from out of state/town! Don't get stuck against your crewmates, pre-register today!

Last edited:

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Will there be any winter or fall events of the Indianapolis area
The normal weeklies are expected to continue as per the usual; as for bigger tournaments like this one we don't have anything planned, but will likely be setting stuff up once the time is closer to fall/winter.

Thread updated: we will have on-site catering thanks to the church being awesome. The pot bonuses have been ramped up to 150$$ per game.

Also there's a special post-tournament event the next day for Super Smash Flash 2: http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...cial-tournament-debut-indianapolis-in.358846/ The events are separate, but the venue is the same if people are wanting to have a fun full-weekend experience.

Last edited:

Loxofjesus

Smash Rookie
You said something about weeklies. Where can I find more info on your indy weeklies? Been looking for something like that in this area!

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Hey guys! TylerBeyond here! I am most likely going so I probably need a partner! Anybody??

The Fool

Smash Rookie
Just signed up, hoping to see some good competition. Also if you need extra commentators, I'd be more than happy to help.

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Also would love to help commentate! I know a lot about both games!

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Hopefully the Indy smash scene gets way bigger after this!

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
I also hope that Smash 4 is as competitive as Melee or PM.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Question for a TO: I will be driving seperate from the rest of Louisville given that I have something goin on Saturday morning. I see that melee singles pools begin at 1pm. I definatly will not be able to make it as early as 1 so is there any possible way I can play my pool matches when I arrive? I can't say exactly what time I would be arriving but it would definatly be well before 5 when top 24 begins so I don't think it would really be holding anything up. I'm really sorry for being inconvenient but I would really like to attend this event :)... The Indiana scene has always been very grateful towards myself and us Louisville players so any help would be appreciated!

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Question for a TO: I will be driving seperate from the rest of Louisville given that I have something goin on Saturday morning. I see that melee singles pools begin at 1pm. I definatly will not be able to make it as early as 1 so is there any possible way I can play my pool matches when I arrive? I can't say exactly what time I would be arriving but it would definatly be well before 5 when top 24 begins so I don't think it would really be holding anything up. I'm really sorry for being inconvenient but I would really like to attend this event :)... The Indiana scene has always been very grateful towards myself and us Louisville players so any help would be appreciated!
FYI for everyone else; this has been discussed and we'll help to accommodate as best we can. But don't everyone else try to show up late too cause we do have time constraints!

Are we doing this?

Also assuming Cincinnati comes should I bring a recording or streaming set up?
@Drephen said he was considering going as well.

We have a streaming set-up; and we'll likely want to keep it all on just one livestream. But extra recording set-ups so that more matches can be recorded and uploaded are definitely welcome!

@ sneakytako sneakytako pre-reg'd btw so y'all are coming haha

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
FYI for everyone else; this has been discussed and we'll help to accommodate as best we can. But don't everyone else try to show up late too cause we do have time constraints!

@Drephen said he was considering going as well.

We have a streaming set-up; and we'll likely want to keep it all on just one livestream. But extra recording set-ups so that more matches can be recorded and uploaded are definitely welcome!

@sneakytaco pre-reg'd btw so y'all are coming haha
Lol, sounds good. Tako the worst.
And yeah, makes sense with the stream. I'll have to make sure I got a way to get straight videos off of my computer, and as long as I figure that out I'll try bringing the recording setup.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How many people typically show up to these? Any results threads from prior events?

Also, is the $150 bonus spread out amongst all placements (thumbs up!) or just first place (down with the bourgeois!)

Last edited:

Torisuna

Smash Rookie
might seem like a nooby question but. Is this for anyone that shows up or was there a prior season ranking in order to be in? Sorry just want to ask because I have me and maybe 3 or 4 others that would love to do this. Just noticed there was a smash scene in indy. Me and my buddies are in the brazil/terre haute area.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
might seem like a nooby question but. Is this for anyone that shows up or was there a prior season ranking in order to be in? Sorry just want to ask because I have me and maybe 3 or 4 others that would love to do this. Just noticed there was a smash scene in indy. Me and my buddies are in the brazil/terre haute area.
I'm not the TO, but you are able to enter these events. The Circuit rankings is for additional prizes that reward people for consistent attendance and placements.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
How many people typically show up to these? Any results threads from prior events?

Also, is the $150 bonus spread out amongst all placements (thumbs up!) or just first place (down with the bourgeois!)
Salty Sundays started about five months ago; we have not had a major tournament under this brand before. The Indianapolis scene literally didn't exist beforehand; it was always the other parts of Indiana that had scenes. But we rented out a nice room in the church for sundays and slowly have built up the local base. Ranges from 20ish to 30ish. Our facebook group just passed 300 members when it was at like 8 in December haha. For the past two we've had over 60 unique locals show up at least to one Salty Sunday event. Which is a pretty good base. A lot of the other scenes in Indy look like they're showing up as well. Pre-regs are getting close to 40 now; and I don't expect everyone to pre-reg although that would be nice!

Entry Fees + Pot Bonus = Total Pot

Which is then distributed by the percentages outlined.

Not being at prior events does not count against you in any way!

In regards to signing up and playing there are no strings attached or anything; just like any normal tournament. You are encouraged to come and I'm glad you have a scene out there that is interested! If you all pre-register it will help me make sure none of you get put into the same pool!

How much does it cost to enter doubles?
10$$ per team

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Excellent. I may be attending and bringing some of cincinnati with me; we have a local nearby but the PM stagelist isn't nearly as good as this one and its only doing Melee teams.

I'll have to check some stuff and get it organized first before I can confirm.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It looks like I will be in attendance unless I have missed something horribly, horribly wrong. I should be able to bring two complete setups in my car.

Xivii, is there anything in particular you feel you may need for this event that you'd like assistance with or like provided other than setups?

As you guys are from Indiana and may not know, I typically sell T-shirts and bead art and deliver them at events; its how I pay for my own pot bonuses! Saving up for smash 4 tournaments with my current batch and hope to see some of you at my events :D

There isn't enough time to make much bead art (sorry) but I have a collection of shirts if anyone attending is interested.

The shirt designs I currently have done are here, minus a Jigglypuff design I haven't made a shirt out of yet:
http://imgur.com/a/GoaM8

If you are interested, let me know via PM what you'd like and I can hand deliver them to you at the venue. The shirts are currently sold at $10 each with the designs shown. I can do custom designs, but there isn't enough time to guarantee creation prior to the event.

If you are interested in ordering custom bead art and having it mailed to you, you can look at some prior work here:
http://imgur.com/a/J5nhg#0

If you want to purchase something, I ask that you bring change and let me know as early as possible; I often do not have specific shirts in stock and have to create them, which I have to schedule time for.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/iUmuyTB.jpg

Assuming this is okay with Xivii, I will be bringing the above Megaman Bead Art to the Indiana tournament as a raffle prize. Anyone who brings a setup (aside from myself) is eligible to win him. Bring setups, bring MANY setups.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Just noticed I need a PM teammate for this. I've lost a grand total of three PM tournaments since I started playing and to my recollection have lost 0 doubles tournaments in PM so far.

Boss? Drephen? Fizzle? Who wants to team for PM?

Edit: Just remembered, there was a tournament last August I didn't win at and got 5th in Doubles with Rat (Squirtle), so I added it. :B

Last edited:

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Overswarm that is all fine by us! Thanks for the initiative. I'm not sure what else you could bring though, unless you have a recording set-up like Rizner does; the more recording the better.

Oh and if anyone is interested and just wants to kill an extra day; there is a separate event for Super Smash Flash 2 the next day at the same venue: http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...cial-tournament-debut-indianapolis-in.358846/

Overswarm

is laughing at you
not really coming.....10 hour drive is wayy worse then 7....

basically trolling =P
aww :(

I wanted to play you in tournament.

I don't travel too much for Melee/PM/Brawl, I'm just kind of waiting for Smash 4, but hit me up sometime if you're ever wanting to travel to a midwest tournament and need a place to stay. I can't always offer housing, but if you give me enough advance notice I may be able to do so for Smash 4 stuff.

TylerBeyond

Smash Rookie
NNID
GuardianOfHorror
3DS FC
2852-8288-1346
Struggling to find a ride. ughhh. I have like 2 people that want to money match me. And I gotta commentate. We'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom