• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jul 26, 2014] S.L.Y.M.I. 5- The Aftersmash Feat. Jreed, Cruzycakes, Lawn... (Easton, PA)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
So after a short break, we're alive!! The 6th Installment of the Smash Like You Mean It series. This tournament will be following a bunch of major tournaments in the summer of smash. Pretty sure this one can be just as important. Our series always brings in interesting out of state competition. We're expecting no less this event. The home of "Easton Smash" and of course, the "Game Gallery". What can we expect this time around? Who knows? You'll have to come and see. With attendants such as M2K, Hax, Cactuar, Zhu, Swedish Delight, Jman, Jreed, Cruzycakes, and Deff, who knows who might show up!?

Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/251012018427397

Contact Info:
Twitter: @TrueTempestt @Chostylish
Email: truetempesttstorm@gmail.com
Store Phone: (610) 829-1133 (I am generally not there due to my work schedule, but I'll be available the day of the tournament.)

Stream: twitch.tv/GameGallery

Setups:
Me/Game Gallery:
Wiis: 4
Cubes: 3
Brawl Discs: 4
Melee Discs: 3
TVs: 5

Other people:
Melee Setups:
PM Setups:
TVs:
Recording Setups:

Tempestt Says: Incentives!!
"If I get 100 followers on the new twitter @TrueTempestt I will grant the winner(s) of PM and Melee singles a voucher for free (singles) entry to the following tournament."

"If we break 30 entrants for PM and/or Melee Singles I will personally throw an extra $10 in. Plus, I'll pay out to 4th."

"If we break 12 teams for either game, The top 2 teams in whichever game accomplishes the feat, get a free drink compliments of me."

Time for the copy/paste

So The typical Game Gallery rules apply:

1.) Have fun!!
2.) Be respectful
3.) Be fair
4.) Have Fun!!!
5.) Let me know where you're at all times
6.) B.Y.O.C.

Here are the other rules.

Costs:
$10- singles
$10 per team
$0 for crews (Of course, this is dependent on time.)
==========================================================
Format:
Double Elimination for each game. 2/3 for all matches. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Stocks 4
-Pausing is not allowed. If you pause it will result in a loss of a stock.
-I WILL DQ you if you aren't there for your match. If you don't let me know what's going on, I can't help you. I can't and absolutely WON'T hold things up for you. I don't care WHO you are. It won't be total DQ, but you'll be sent to losers.

Special rules on coaching:
People tend to have a stigma about coaching. To coach DURING a match is NOT allowed. You CAN do it BETWEEN matches. You have a full minute to give yourself to breathe and focus if you need it. Take advantage of it.

After a Match:
The order is: Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character.

DSR: So we're clear. You cannot play twice on the same stage you won on. This is, unless agreed upon by both players. If you want to go back to the same stage you played upon...that's you. That means: If you lose on FD, and want to go back to FD...that's on you, buddy. It's YOUR funeral. However, if you beat your opponent, are on game 3 or higher, and (s)he won on FD, you have the right to deny him/her going back there.

AS ALWAYS. I don't care about about wobbling. If you want to wobble, it's legal. The other stuff, however....(Soul stunner, glitch freezie glitch, etc.) don't think about it.

Stalling using Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach's Wallbomber, etc. is not allowed. Please don't lame it up with excessive planking, either. Just common courtesy to players.

========================================================
Just a quick note:

Schedule (ideally):
Sign-ups start at 11:30
Teams will start at 1PM
Singles will start at 2:30-3PM

That's it for now, Happy gaming!!

Last edited:

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Looool, Lawn Chair trying to go in. BTW, these incentives are 100%. I may even up them depending on circumstances. I'm not aiming for quantity, but quality. (Though quantity is nice.) That twitter goal is a big key, though. Besides, more smashers need Twitters.

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Wait... 4 stocks for Brawl too? And what about a time limit? Plus, where is the PM?! Once these things are answered I will probably come.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
No Brawl. PM + Melee. I can't seem to draw enough for Brawl. Which is sad because I love Brawl Doubles. This started Melee only, and then moved to being Melee + PM because PM kids were like..."We want PM, and since you have no setups, we'll bring it." Now we have 2 setups of our own for PM. Mine + the Store's.

Any other questions?

Kelloggz

Smash Cadet
Im in on this tourney!. I play PM in the Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton area. Follow me on twitter and ill follow back @kelloggz91

Kelloggz

Smash Cadet
No Brawl. PM + Melee. I can't seem to draw enough for Brawl. Which is sad because I love Brawl Doubles. This started Melee only, and then moved to being Melee + PM because PM kids were like..."We want PM, and since you have no setups, we'll bring it." Now we have 2 setups of our own for PM. Mine + the Store's.

Any other questions?
IM deff gonna show up. If you want i can bring my wii for another PM setup man, If you wanna contact me you can message me here or on twitter @kelloggz91 . I'll be more then happy to help with the community

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Always happy to have more people show up. Especially in the area! Believe it or not, most of the players that show are outside of the ABE area. (Except for when KYL shows up with like 80 people [exaggeration] and I gotta keep them from each other first round) I look forward to meeting/playing you. Setups are always welcome and appreciated.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
The KYL crew is from Bethlehem. Easton Smash....well, if the name didn't give it away, lol. You also have players from Stroudsburg like Kite and Lazy. Some people from Washington Area like DH Ninja and Missed With True Strike, as well. I hear there's a group in Lafayette college. I need to get someone in there to advertise.

They came to one tournament...I think I scared them away. -_-

Kelloggz

Smash Cadet
haha ok cool man, how can i get in contact with this KYL crew? i woulod like to play with tjem especially if they in bethlehem

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
haha ok cool man, how can i get in contact with this KYL crew? i woulod like to play with tjem especially if they in bethlehem
Message Intimidator up above. He's the only member that posted, but I'm sure you'll be able to get a response.

So I might be trying to get a carpool going for this.
We'd be glad to have you. Just let me know what's up. I'll do my best to accommodate you guys.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Should definitely be showing up with a few bodies. I can also bring set ups

Last edited:

Brainfreeze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brainfreeze10
3DS FC
1289-8728-7299
Hey guys!

Someone mentioned this tournament to me and I'm thinking about going if only because I rarely see tournaments nearby that I can go to. I may be able to bring a TV or two and a PM set-up plus maybe a melee set up. I don't know if they're needed, but if I go I'll bring them just in case.

Anyway, I'm curious how good you guys actually are. I know that's kind of a weird thing to quantify, but as it'll be my first tournament and all, I have a feeling I'll just get bodied. Is there generally high tech skill? If I'm just going to get destroyed first round I may just come to hang out instead of trying to compete, is all.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see you guys in a few weeks!

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys!

Someone mentioned this tournament to me and I'm thinking about going if only because I rarely see tournaments nearby that I can go to. I may be able to bring a TV or two and a PM set-up plus maybe a melee set up. I don't know if they're needed, but if I go I'll bring them just in case.

Anyway, I'm curious how good you guys actually are. I know that's kind of a weird thing to quantify, but as it'll be my first tournament and all, I have a feeling I'll just get bodied. Is there generally high tech skill? If I'm just going to get destroyed first round I may just come to hang out instead of trying to compete, is all.

Thanks! Maybe I'll see you guys in a few weeks!
If you come and compete you will learn faster than trying to avoiding playing good players. You have to get destroyed first to really open your eyes on how to play smash. If you don't enter I'll be happy to play you in both games and give you some tips

Brainfreeze

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brainfreeze10
3DS FC
1289-8728-7299
If you come and compete you will learn faster than trying to avoiding playing good players. You have to get destroyed first to really open your eyes on how to play smash. If you don't enter I'll be happy to play you in both games and give you some tips
This is more or less what I was hoping for. I'd love to play friendlies and get destroyed if anybody is so willing to indulge me, and beyond that I think just watching and communicating with good players will be a tremendous help on its own. This way I can learn how tournaments work with out getting in the way as well.

I haven't ruled out entering or anything, but it seems silly to pay for a couple matches just to lose when I can do that for free and stay out of the way. We'll see :p

Edit: Also, do we know what PM stages are starter/counterpick/banned yet? That'd be good to know.
Again, thanks.

Last edited:

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
There will be a difference between friendlies and tournament matches. There more on the line with the tournament matches so no one really wants to show off and every stock counts. Friendlies someone can just mess around

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
There's also the aspect of pressure. Friendlies/Casuals don't have the same amount of pressure as a tournament match. (Although some friendlies can get intense.) You find out your bad habits a lot faster with pressure. In the end, just enjoy yourself and have some fun.

Setups are always welcome. Sometimes TVs can be iffy. CRTs tend to go, believe it or not, and can lag a bit.

Goku_

Smash Rookie
I am so coming to this. I'm trying to bring 3 of my friends too. I live in Doylestown so this is only 50 min away.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
On a another note I don't know if I can make it
Thanks for answering while I wasn't near a computer, Kite.

However, I do not approve of you not showing up. =(

The garage is the least expensive option when it comes to parking. If you feel like walking a couple blocks (Like 2-3) up, then you can park without meter. That spacing is pretty limited, but it IS there.

Last edited:

Gast0n

Smash Rookie
I am moving near the area soon so I may drop by! I don't expect anything really but experience!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I am so coming to this. I'm trying to bring 3 of my friends too. I live in Doylestown so this is only 50 min away.
Yo where in Doylestown do you live? I'm about 10 mins north of Doylestown, near the Wawa/Giant.

Also, I have off work for this so I'll probably try and make it to this with Lawnchair etc

Vortex 4

Smash Cadet
I can't wait to finally go to a REAL smash tournament with REAL smashers! I have a couple setups I can bring (Melee and PM).
Also, would there be any issue with bringing a camcorder to record some of the event? (not for commercial purposes of course)

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Go for it. We appreciate the set ups and so forth. There's also no problems with having a camera there, either. The owner is pretty chill about that. Our tournaments are a good way to get some experience in. There are some unknown players that are really good. One of them is a bit too "Lazy" to enter singles, most of the time.

Top Bottom