• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 3, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Revival Biweekly (Mason, Ohio)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Castle Siege is terrible, but that's why I love it. No one bans it when it's available because who in their right mind would pick it? So it's my goto counterpick and everyone's like "Fuuuuuuuuuuu!"

That said, its presence or lack thereof will not keep me from attending. Visiting a friend in the area, and he's had an interest in PM for a li'l bit, so we'll be there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Castle Siege is terrible, but that's why I love it. No one bans it when it's available because who in their right mind would pick it? So it's my goto counterpick and everyone's like "Fuuuuuuuuuuu!"

That said, its presence or lack thereof will not keep me from attending. Visiting a friend in the area, and he's had an interest in PM for a li'l bit, so we'll be there.
If you're playing against a zoning character you have a hard time KOing (see: Ivysaur) CS is a superb counterpick. Especially for Ivysaur. The slants stop his over-b from being as effective, and the tiny portion allows you to knock him off stage fairly easily. The second stage gives you ample room to combo an Ivysaur on stage, so you basically switch between "easy to KO" and "easy to combo" stages.

iz gud

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
I'm attending. I need a PM partner that's relatively good and works well with Peach players. Anyone interested?

Beegs009

Smash Apprentice
Once I visit Ojanya at college, I'll come down to one on of these. It will probably be the middle of August when I do guys! Hope to see you guys soon!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I'm attending. I need a PM partner that's relatively good and works well with Peach players. Anyone interested?
I really like teaming with peach in PM, if you'll have me. I don't believe Team Nick is going so I don't officially have a teammate yet, so we'll see.

mudkyp

Smash Apprentice
I really like teaming with peach in PM, if you'll have me. I don't believe Team Nick is going so I don't officially have a teammate yet, so we'll see.
Ahhh I just saw this! Next time for sure man!

Once I visit Ojanya at college, I'll come down to one on of these. It will probably be the middle of August when I do guys! Hope to see you guys soon!
Beegs you don't have to make an excuse to come see me ;]

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Drephen, do you want to team in PM for the next one of these and get guaranteed first? Sheik + Bowser is pretty OP. You can even go ness in some of the matches. :B

Drephen

Smash Master
Drephen, do you want to team in PM for the next one of these and get guaranteed first? Sheik + Bowser is pretty OP. You can even go ness in some of the matches. :B
well next one is melee teams but i might be going to this indy tourney not sure yet. whenever pm teams is next, sure thing

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
well next one is melee teams but i might be going to this indy tourney not sure yet. whenever pm teams is next, sure thing
The next CSR will be having PM teams, we alternate games for doubles every month, not every tournament

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
It is melee teams. There has been much more demand for melee teams and it shows with turnout for singles events.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Can't wait for Melee Doubles, man. Collin, you run a good tourney, also. Even when Kel threw you a curveball and trolled the bracket, ha ha. My first match was called out as '2-Phone' and confused the crap outta me. Also, super fun friendlies. 2-Tone, Salt and FEAR should be at this one, too. Megachuck has stuff going on this weekend, though :(

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Barring any unusual circumstances, I should be able to attend this. By the way, it'll be my first tourney so, needless to say, I'll be a bundle of nerves. I should be able to bring setups for Melee and PM (minus a CRT, I don't have one :crying:), as well as a setup to possibly record or stream matches. Is there anything in particular if which you are in need?

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Just wanted to say I had a blast at today's tournaments (7/26/2014). I'm basically the Professional Smash equivalent of the New York Mets, but I'm perfectly okay with that given that these were my first Melee and PM tournaments. I'm looking forward to participating in more events, time permitting. Thanks to everyone for a smashing time!

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
GG's everyone! Another great CSR! Melee was awesome and PM was fun, too. I vote for permanent Melee Doubles, although I know it won't happen :p See you all at the next one.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I'm trying to find a teammate for P:M on saturday - preferably someone who won't hit me every 10 seconds. I'm a Zelda player who abuses the kicks and Dins', and I could play ZSS as well. And hopefully that person will be available to practice on Wednesday and Thursday too.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
I'm trying to find a teammate for P:M on saturday - preferably someone who won't hit me every 10 seconds. I'm a Zelda player who abuses the kicks and Dins', and I could play ZSS as well. And hopefully that person will be available to practice on Wednesday and Thursday too.
I could team with you and hopefully I don't get hit by a lot of dins though & I Play Sonic with a Secondary Snake thats if I come though also can I team with you for Melee?

Last edited:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
apparently they're running Melee dubs and not P:M dubs. . . ? Can someone confirm what the teams event for this Saturday is?

And I'd team with you for Melee, but you should know that we'll get bodied hard.

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
apparently they're running Melee dubs and not P:M dubs. . . ? Can someone confirm what the teams event for this Saturday is?

And I'd team with you for Melee, but you should know that we'll get bodied hard.
to tell if we are doing melee dubs or PM dubs is it goes melee than pm next one is PM

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
The next tournament will be melee teams. There is much more turnout and demand for melee teams, so that is what we run. If there is increased demand, I will definitely put PM teams back into rotation.

Renss

Smash Rookie
Planning on coming this saturday with one other person, anything important I should know before coming?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I should be able to attend this weekend. Would like an updated PM stagelist -_-;;

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Planning on coming this saturday with one other person, anything important I should know before coming?
It is BYOC (bring your own controller), bringing a setup always helps also. Make sure to be there on time not only for the tournament, but to get sufficient practice beforehand. Don't be afraid to jump into friendly matches by asking player to join in on a setup.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I may be in town for this tournament if I were to say be right outside of Cincinnati could someone pick me upI Drive a truck for a living so I would be completely dependent upon a ride

Top Bottom