• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 3, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Revival Biweekly (Mason, Ohio)

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Check out the next event run by me here: http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...rever-ssbu-ssbm-ssbpm-cincinnati-ohio.379802/
https://www.facebook.com/events/311589135718074/

Event

Cincinnati Smash Revival featuring Smash 4 WiiU, Melee, and Project M.
Features all the best player's in the Cincinnati Tri-state area, and frequently players from Louisville and Columbus area.

Time - All times are not set and stone and are estimated
12:30 Signup for all events begins
1:30 Signup for doubles event ends
1:30 Smash 4 WiiU Doubles Event Begins
2:00 Signup for singles events ends *can always sign you up before pools begin, but you must inform me if you are going to be late
2:00 PM Singles pools begin
2:30 Melee pools begin
3:00 Smash 4 WiiU Singles pools begin
~6:00 Final Brackets for games begin
~10:00 Complete tourny is over
12:00 Venue closes

Fee
$5 Smash 4 WiiU Singles
$5 Melee Singles
$5 Project M Singles
$10 Smash 4 WiiU Doubles (per team)
$5 Venue fee per player (Ex: entering all singles events will cost $20)
Venue fee will be completely waved if you bring a full set-up for Smash 4 WiiU, this includes a monitor, wiiu, game, and controller adapter; if you bring one of these things and it gets used you will also receive some off your venue fee

Payout
- Singles

1st - 50%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%
4th - 5%

- Doubles
1st - 50%
2nd - 32%
3rd - 18%

Location & Parking
Game Swap
1065 Reading Road, Suite E, Mason, Ohio
A ton of parking, at least 200 spots in front of the store.

Rules
Round robin pools for the singles events, then it will cut to a 16 or 32 man bracket.
All matches, for all games, are best 2 out of 3.

Smash 4 WiiU
3 Stocks
8 Minute Timer
No Items
Custom moves Not Allowed
Equipment Not Allowed
Stagelist:
Starters:
Battlefield, Town and City, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Final Destination (any omega)
Counterpicks:
Delfino Plaza, Halberd, Duck Hunt, Congo Jungle 64, Castle Siege
PM 3.5
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/
Using PM 3.5
Custom stage list: 2 Bans
Starters:
Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Fountain of Dreams
Counterpicks:
Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Dreamland, Norfair, Lylat Cruise

Melee: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Message to new players!
Message to new smash players. If you are new to the competitive smash scene for any game please read this!

1. Bring your own gamecube (or another controller that works with the game) controller

2. Plan to stay for the whole event. Even if you get knocked out of the tournament early, there is still plenty of fun to be had at events! We play all smash games all day. There is plenty of time afterwards for friendlies, money matches, party games, board games, pokemon, steak and shake, and lots of fun stuff. There is a lot more to the smash community than begrudgingly looking at each other asking what there stage ban is.

3. There have been many people that come for the first time, play in tournament once and leave because they think that they have been knocked out. All singles smash events I run have round robin pools and cut off to a double elimination bracket. All other events I run will also always have at least a double elimination bracket. That means you will get to play at least twice in any event and in singles events 4-5 times.

4. Explanation of pools: a tournament uses pools to break up the players into small, equally balanced sections for play, then moves the top players to a bracket to determine to tournament winner. For example, if you are placed in a pool of 5, you will play all other 4 people in that pool. The player(s) with the most wins in the pool will be moved to the bracket.

5. Don't feel bad or give up when playing top players. Playing top players is how you get good, so give it your all every time!

6. Please, please, please be on time. Many people have shown up just a bit late either to be disappointing that they missed the tournament or manhandled me into putting them in.

7. Bring your setup! Having enough setups is essential to running a tournament in time.

8. Ask people playing to join in! I see many new players standing around doing nothing before/after the tournament. Don't be shy! We all love smash!

8 1/2. Don't take the setups for friendlies during pools/bracket, we need those setups desperately and I'll kick your ass if I catch you doing friendlies mid-tourny.

9. Always tell the TO if you are going to leave! Whether if it is for good or if you are going to get food.

10. bring yoeru noobcake frineds
Venue & Setups
Always in need of setups. The venue has plenty of space and 10 CRT TVs available on site. Please bring CRTs, Monitors (for Smash 4 WiiU), Gamecubes, Wiis with PM 3.5, and WiiUs. We will definitely also need gamecube adapters for each WiiU console.
Smash will be played in the back where there is more room and the TVs are setup, it is not like other Game Swaps and is spacious. There is also plenty of people there playing card, board, and tabletop games all day Friday and Saturday too. There is many restaurants within a mile and a major road with 20+ restaurants a mile north.

Tournament Organizers & Contacts
Collin Atkins (PiBs) and Game Swap employees. Co-TO's Dr. X and Daycia.
You can contact me through smashboards or email me at blakfishy@gmail.com

Also if you are interested in Cincinnati area smash check out our active facebook group. We talk about upcoming events, local smashfest, and going to regional events. https://www.facebook.com/groups/cincysmash/

Results Thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/cincinnati-smash-revival-biweekly-results.352742/
YouTube Channel with recorded videos from CSR: https://www.youtube.com/user/ReGamingProduction/feed

Last edited:

Kidbuu42

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kidbuu42
Been looking to come to one of these ever since joining the Facebook group. How many people usually come to these?

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
We had a lot of new people this week and I am hoping to get atleast 25 people for the next tournament.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I live right down the road and was wondering if there will be doubles events as well? Plus, do I have to pre reg or can I sign up the day of? I might gave a few friends interested if there will be a decent turnout

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I live right down the road and was wondering if there will be doubles events as well? Plus, do I have to pre reg or can I sign up the day of? I might gave a few friends interested if there will be a decent turnout
There is no doubles at the moment but we hope to have them in the future. We could even have them this week if we have the turnout.

You do not have to pre-reg, but make sure you are there by 2:30 to sign up. Bring out all you can the tournaments are growing at a rapid pace.

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm definitely coming to this thing, but my friends had to back out, they said they had things to do on Saturday night and that they thought the tourney should start earlier in the day. Just wanted you to know so you may take that into consideration for next time, anyway, I'll be there and I'm looking forward to having fun

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
We never run into plans during Saturday night, that is why I chose the 3:00 time. Only having two brackets of singles allows us to start the tournaments at 3 and be done by 7, friendlies, parties, doubles, and such afterwards go into the night. The time was chosen for people waking up late from Friday and being okay for Saturday, however if the tournament keeps growing I will switch the starting time to 1 or 2.
Well, I'm definitely coming to this thing, but my friends had to back out, they said they had things to do on Saturday night and that they thought the tourney should start earlier in the day. Just wanted you to know so you may take that into consideration for next time, anyway, I'll be there and I'm looking forward to having fun

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
Would you be willing to add brawl on a later date? i'm bad at brawl but i am crap at melee and pm lol

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
The brawl community is pretty much dead. However, if there is demand for it we have the room. Come to practice and get better at melee and pm. There is plenty of newbies we are willing to help.

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
The brawl community is pretty much dead. However, if there is demand for it we have the room. Come to practice and get better at melee and pm. There is plenty of newbies we are willing to help.
ok i might join you guys on the 14th i did want to get into pm

Overswarm

is laughing at you
may or may not attend this with Tako, depends if I have something else to do this weekend and if Columbus is comin' down

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm still a maybe, but let me know. The recent Smash direct actually kinda made me dehyped for Smash.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Would definitely be interested in Brawl here, btw. Smash 4 coming out relatively soon so imma have to get back into mindgame mode.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Why is this?
dislike the idea of a 3DS smash, really really dislike the idea of "FD versions of stages" that will turn into the comp scene being "Why not just turn X stage into FD version? Then its fine." and having a hugely similar stagelist. Not coming out until nearly 2015.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Bah you're just as bad as those guys who are like, we won't play stages cause we don't like them when you say you dislike 3DS smash.

It's not like Wifi will be the premier competitive scene, it's just another thing to waste some time on.

Last edited:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
I'm so hyped to play smash after that direct. I just want to play greninja and villager now. Also there is more variants in the stages than "final destination mode". Multple pictures of smashville have two distinct platform placements.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Seems like there's something going on at ESI this weekend, maybe a small event idk. Columbus won't be at this one.

Rizner

Smash Ace
This still starting at 3? I might have to work some so trying to figure out my schedule.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How are you getting there Rizner? I might be driving so depending on how many people are going I might be able to drive people if I am attending. Mostly depends on if I end up playing smash today to practice and if I am sick tomorrow as my throat is bleh today.

Rizner

Smash Ace
How are you getting there Rizner? I might be driving so depending on how many people are going I might be able to drive people if I am attending. Mostly depends on if I end up playing smash today to practice and if I am sick tomorrow as my throat is bleh today.
Cool, would be good to play some. I would probably drive myself, I live/work in milford so only like 30 mins

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Are there seriously 3 bans for this? o_O

Definitely not attending with 3 stage bans and that stage list. Sorry. It's not worth the money for the trip and if I have to support a bad ruleste on top of it I can't do it.

Last edited:

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Results for today... I'll leave it to Collin to make a results thread if he wants to. Feel free to correct characters as needed:

Melee:
1st. Dr. X (Fox)
2nd. Soul Pech (Jiggs)
3rd. Fumbles (Falco, Peach)
4th. Ragu (Sheik)
5th. Village Mascot (Falco)
5th. Sneakytako (Sheik? Marth?)
7th. PiBs (Jiggs, Ness)
7th. Juushichi
9th. Danny (Marth)
9th. PKDon (Ness)
9th. Rizner (Fox)
9th. Shadey (Fox)
13th. Kid Buu
13th. Quinn
13th. TNT
-- Pools Cutoff
16th. Jon (Fox?)
16th. P5
16th. Jake
16th. Nathan
16th. Russy
21st. Evil Gzus (Fox?)
21st. NFT
21st. Taco
21st. Achu
21st. Zack

PM:
1st. Sneakytako (Metaknight, Wario)
2nd. Juushichi (Game and Watch, Falco, Link... like, everybody?)
3rd. Soul Pech (Jigglypuff, Lucas)
4th. Fumbles (Ice Climbers, Metaknight)
5th. Rizner (Zelda)
5th. Village Mascot (Link)
7th. Dr. X (Lucas)
7th. Quinn
9th. Danny (Marth?)
9th. Russy (Ganondorf)
9th. Ragu (Sheik, forfeited like a scroob)
9th. NFT
13th. TNT
13th. PiBs (Kirby)
13th. Jon
13th. Kid Buu
17th. Jake

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
as for characters won with... GnW, Falco, Fox, TL. That's it, I think.

Melee: Mario, Fox, Marth, Luigi.

Last edited:

Unit583

Smash Rookie
NNID
protoman64
Is there going to be any 64? Also, this is my and my friend's first legit smash tourney, so is there anything we need to know?

ECchristian

Smash Rookie
Been wanting to go to my first tourney for a while. anyone passing through Lebanon on the way there that would be able to gimme a ride there and back?

Last edited:

PiBs

Smash Journeyman
Is there going to be any 64? Also, this is my and my friend's first legit smash tourney, so is there anything we need to know?
No there will not be any 64 at the next tournament. As the tournament expands and I find another TO to help me out consistently I will look to add more events like 64. I love 64 and would definitely host it.

For your first tourney I would just suggest to have fun. Try playing with everyone, ask people to play friendlies with you, be on time, bring your own controller, bring a setup if you can. Enter the tournament even if you don't think you will place high enough for payout, the experience is great.

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
No there will not be any 64 at the next tournament. As the tournament expands and I find another TO to help me out consistently I will look to add more events like 64. I love 64 and would definitely host it.

For your first tourney I would just suggest to have fun. Try playing with everyone, ask people to play friendlies with you, be on time, bring your own controller, bring a setup if you can. Enter the tournament even if you don't think you will place high enough for payout, the experience is great.
All of this.

Top Bottom