• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 22, 2015] AFK Games Monthlies (Cross Lanes, WV)

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice

EVENTS

Melee Singles + Doubles, 64 Singles
FEES
$5 Venue
$5 Melee Singles
$10 per team, Melee Doubles
$5 Smash 64 Singles

SCHEDULE
SCHEDULE (tentative)
Doors: 3pm
Registration for Melee Dubs/64 Close: 3:45pm
Melee Dubs/64 Singles: 4pm
Registration for Melee Singles close: 5:45pm
Melee Singles: 6pm

RULES
Melee Ruleset - Wobbling is LEGAL

GENERAL CONDUCT
Using AFK Games as a venue is a privilege. The owner trusts that the people running the tournament and the people participating uphold the standards of the Smash Community. There is ABSOLUTELY no drugs or alcohol permitted in or around the venue. There are also no weapons (Knives, firearms, etc) allowed either. Smoking is permitted OUTSIDE. Vaping is allowed inside, but it is preferred that you vape outside to avoid disturbing players/customers. If any of these rules are broken, you will be asked to leave, and forfeited from the event(s) you enter.

AFK Games is located on 134 Goff Mountain Road Suite 2, Cross Lanes, West Virginia, 25313

STREAM
We will have a stream! www.twitch.tv/aaronscaring

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Good looks. Me and Krox will try and head up to these more frequently (mainly for the Melee ones, but I would be down to go to a couple PM ones every once in a while as well). I'll try and get Shake to show his face as well.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Haha ok, looking good so far. I thought of the idea for FftF weeklies, but I'd like to keep these tournaments more organized too. We need to start keeping better track of results & posting them. Then we can upload them to the rankings as well. Once we get some livestreaming/recording going, we can work on getting a bit more exposure. I know the Morgantown people would be down to travel sometime, and with the Ohio folks, we could easily get 20 or so people. I mean, we got 16 entrants last week without you/me/Ohio.

Also, I'm going to edit my first post in this thread so it doesn't sketch people out XD

Last edited:

Zenaga

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm so surprised that there is a melee tournaments in West Virginia, let alone Project M. I'm going to do my best to show up and bring some friends.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I don't know if it was clarified, but these tournaments alternate between PM and Melee each week. So this Friday it's Melee, next Friday it's PM, etc..

I wonder if we should ever try and hold both at once...

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
^ Not hard to do. Just need a good number of setups and a strict schedule.

Zenaga

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a lot of fun. I only started getting into the mechanics of Melee through P:M, so it should be interesting. I found two others to come with me.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah for sure. We'll have to plan it at least a month in advance so that people can make sure to schedule off and whatnot. We'll also need to avoid big EC tournaments. I want to see KY/OH/Pitt players at the very least. Also all the Morgantown & northern WV homies.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
so prizes aren't percentage based?
Ummmm let me check with the TO and I'll get back to you. I don't know them off the top of my head, but they are percentage based. It's just that when we have a decent turnout we give away a few free prizes to Top 3, such as little collectible figures, etc.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Excellent. This week is looking like a real solid showing. Can't wait to get some recording (and maybe commentary?!) going. WV is probably the #1 prospect as far as regions go.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yes, PM is next Friday. We had 18 entrants for Melee just last night, and I think PM (on average) is approximately the same. Lately Melee has been pulling more entrants, but I think the scenes are pretty much the same size so it kind of depends on who all is able to show for any given week.

And for anyone interested, the results for last night: http://challonge.com/July18AFKMelee

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Swag, I'll try to bring a car load. Excuse me for being lazy and being on the road, but is this tournament just a straight to bracket dbl elim? And do you have any best of 5 sets towards the end?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok awesome, hope to see you there. And yeah it's just a straight double elimination bracket. WF, LF, and GF are all best of 5.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Gonna try and make it down for this week! My car seems to be falling apart, but I have faith it will survive the journey to Cross Lanes. Just warning you now that I am about as useful as an old sock when it comes to PM.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I should be bringing a car of 4 from Pikeville, KY

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So it turns out we're running Melee AND PM this week. Melee starts at 5pm and PM at 7:30 (as it was before). Hope to see everyone out there!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
if we dont show up in time for melee, dont wait up for us, we will be there in time for pm

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
If you want to wait up for us, we will be there around 5:10

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, I think a few people are gonna be a little late so you should be fine. This is a smash tournament, of course, so nothing ever runs on time.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Finally home.
Great experience. You guys are cool. 10/10 would do again. Thanks again for the event.

Top Bottom