• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Jul 23, 2015] Project Playhem Weeklies - Series Cancelled details in OP (Livonia, MI)

Moradis

Smash Rookie
I really want to go to this, I'm a complete scrub still but only one way to get better, and you learn more from a loss than a win.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
I really want to go to this, I'm a complete scrub still but only one way to get better, and you learn more from a loss than a win.
You should show up. They are actually a lot of fun, and it is a good way to learn. Looks like that's not an option.. Do you actually main Falcon and Ike?

Last edited:

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
Well I'll probably be absent for the rest of the month since I'm moving. I'll be back in August with a friend!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I regret to inform you all that the Project Playhem Weeklies series is now officially done. I will be posting a large informative post in the FB group about the situation.

For now, I'd like to thank everyone who has supported Pulse's Weekly series. It has been an amazing ride and many of you wouldn't be in this scene right now if it wasn't for this.

I can ensure you on behalf of Pulse Gaming that myself, DBP, and Jaxz will find a new venue to host a weekly series as well as an even better venue for our Monthly events.

Sparky15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elec-Wolf
3DS FC
2578-3364-0347
I regret to inform you all that the Project Playhem Weeklies series is now officially done. I will be posting a large informative post in the FB group about the situation.

For now, I'd like to thank everyone who has supported Pulse's Weekly series. It has been an amazing ride and many of you wouldn't be in this scene right now if it wasn't for this.

I can ensure you on behalf of Pulse Gaming that myself, DBP, and Jaxz will find a new venue to host a weekly series as well as an even better venue for our Monthly events.
OH OK. Bye, I'll see you all in fornever. :3

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Wow.. this really sucks..I hope a place can be found pretty soon.. or else everyone will just have to invade Macomb Library again.
EDIT: I guess things are already in motion for Invasion... o .o

Last edited:

Daybreak502

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EricAJ

That really sucks :( I only went to one two weeks ago and it was one of the funniest times I ever had playing smash. It was the only local smash 4 Tournmanet I can find. Does anyone know if there are any others similar to this in the area, also ik it's kinda early to be asking but when do you think you can find a new venue to start it up again?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
That really sucks :( I only went to one two weeks ago and it was one of the funniest times I ever had playing smash. It was the only local smash 4 Tournmanet I can find. Does anyone know if there are any others similar to this in the area, also ik it's kinda early to be asking but when do you think you can find a new venue to start it up again?
We are currently searching to find our new weekly home. For our bigger events we will be looking at larger venues in the area.

Moradis

Smash Rookie
Its not very big but Gamer Ave in Garden City could work till you find a bigger venue

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
Man that sucks, was really looking forward to getting some practice irl. was also really prepared this time. It's also the only tourney i could really go to...

Last edited:

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
How about ward church? Churches are usually small but ward has this one area that's even bigger than the old one. I took an ap exam there and it probably has enough room for Rebirth and DEFINATELY enough for playhem. It's a huge gymnasium that also has a stage and the people at Ward are really chill. I think there's a Project M tourney that uses the venue a lot. @ AdminBlue AdminBlue and I TO'd there for a tourney where we raised money for Civic Concern and they literally let us use the venue for free and bought pizza for everyone. I'd look into it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
How about ward church? Churches are usually small but ward has this one area that's even bigger than the old one. I took an ap exam there and it probably has enough room for Rebirth and DEFINATELY enough for playhem. It's a huge gymnasium that also has a stage and the people at Ward are really chill. I think there's a Project M tourney that uses the venue a lot. @ AdminBlue AdminBlue and I TO'd there for a tourney where we raised money for Civic Concern and they literally let us use the venue for free and bought pizza for everyone. I'd look into it.
The Problem with that is that Pulse hosts event to profit as a business through Venue Fees. This is what we do with venue fees.
• Pay people back for bringing setups
• Pay Gooshi for Streaming
• Pay Commentators at larger events
• Use it to support players traveling OoS by throwing gas money at them
• Pay TOs enough so they can buy dinner that night
• Put money into Pulse's bank account

Unless they allow us to rent the space for a certain $$$ amount we'll continue looking elsewhere.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
If we can get one a little closer to US-23 for those of us from Genessee County and Ann Arbor (and to avoid traffic by going too deep into 96) it would be awesome.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If we can get one a little closer to US-23 for those of us from Genessee County and Ann Arbor (and to avoid traffic by going too deep into 96) it would be awesome.
I'm in the same boat as many of you since my path to SC was 696 to 275 lol. I'm hoping with this new venue we might be able to start a bit later to try and avoid the brute of rush hour.

AdminBlue

Smash Cadet
NNID
GuyBlue
@ Ori_bro Ori_bro Ever considered having them on friday instead? Its easier to stay out later since more people won't have work/school the next day. Lol coniser Fridays when you find the next venue (hopefully very soon).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
@ Ori_bro Ori_bro Ever considered having them on friday instead? Its easier to stay out later since more people won't have work/school the next day. Lol coniser Fridays when you find the next venue (hopefully very soon).
The reason I dislike Friday is that it would hurt Saturday events. Especially when MI has double tourney weekends occassionly due to GGSS I don't want triple tourneys to happen. When you have events on the weekdays it doing what weeklies are intended to be, relaxed tourneys where newer players have an easy time transitioning into the competitive scene.

AdminBlue

Smash Cadet
NNID
GuyBlue
The reason I dislike Friday is that it would hurt Saturday events. Especially when MI has double tourney weekends occassionly due to GGSS I don't want triple tourneys to happen. When you have events on the weekdays it doing what weeklies are intended to be, relaxed tourneys where newer players have an easy time transitioning into the competitive scene.
Lol okay that makes sense. Thursdays are just hard somtimes. Anyways. Check your facebook messages goddam lol.

Kider

Smash Cadet
RIP playhem, i loved the series. Welcome Smashfield, I hope you can keep the hype train going.

ecstasy

Smash Cadet
NNID
stalfosslayer3
3DS FC
2981-5797-2461
I wish we could just use the Macomb library as our venue. I like how it feels and its not 65 miles from me XD.
Hope we get to fight again Ori, maybe at the next project playhem we will be able to.
Does the library still hold smash events? I live walking distance from it.

Top Bottom