• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 27, 2014] (Project M) PM Hype Night (Queens, NY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKGambit

Smash Rookie
1385096_764976850187919_1345526745_n (1).jpg

Current Facebook Event - RSVP!

Pricing:
  • Venue Fee: $5.00!
  • Singles: $10.00
  • Doubles: $10.00 per team
Payouts:
  • 1st 60%
  • 2nd 30%
  • 3rd 10%
Schedule:
  • Friendlies start at 3:00 pm
  • Tournament starts at 7:00 pm
  • Friendlies continue until ~1:00 am on most nights
Rules:
Livestream:
Videos:
  • Videos will be posted on YouTube after the tournament here.

Last edited:

AKGambit

Smash Rookie
Yeah the Venue is too small to run both tourneys on one day. We have a Melee tourney called Smash Mode Sundays as well, which runs weekly on Sundays.

Slatanata

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4425-2033-3295
I was thinking about coming to this in the summer. Do I need to rsvp through facebook or is there somewhere else I can do it?

Envioux

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Envioux
the facebook link above doesn't work for me. i live pretty close so i was interested in this. too bad i only found out about it at 2 am.

Idostuff

Smash Apprentice
The FB link is broken. Also is there decent parking anywhere near by?

Nyro

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfamousNyro
Wow, this site is awesome. It's been a while since I've been on here. It's a good thing I live in Queens. Will TRY to make it!

AKGambit

Smash Rookie
There is some decent parking near the event. Since the facebook link isn't working, just search for PM Hype Night and you should find it. I think the next one is PM Hype night 11.

BeastModeNY

Smash Rookie
PM HYPE NIGHT will be going down every single week on Wed Night. If you ever have trouble finding the event link you check check out beastmodeny.com or our facebook.com/BeastModeNY for more info! If that does not help you feel free to call 718-777-9722!

khip

Smash Rookie
waaaaay too crowded in such a small area last time i went. great people though

infomon

Smash Scientist
I'll be at Best Buy instead trying out smash4!!! wheeeeeee

Edit: Whoooops, totally wrong date. lol

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Well there doesn't appear to be any page on FB on this so I guess I'll RSVP right here then?

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
I hope I can make it out next week but til then I have a question. I see the tourney starts at 7pm but what time does it usually end? an example for a packed night and a not so packed night would be appreciated :)

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
PM Hype night tends to end around 10PM, or 11PM on a night when the venue is packed. Not packed = 10 people, and packed = 15 or more if everyone is inside. The venue is very small. If you desire more space, go to Nebulous on Sundays. But that's a separate thread...which I also manage. :p

Last edited:

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
lol nah man this is good news for me, I just didnt want to get back home too late. my neighborhood can get kinda fishy when it gets REALLY late so 10-15 people, ending at 10PM-11PM, in a small venue is perfect for me. I hope I can make it out next week and thanks for replying! also thanks for the heads up on Nebulous, I think i'll be looking into that in the near future as well.

FreshNewspapers

Smash Rookie
NNID
FreshNewspapers2
hmm... I'll try to make it there. I've been trying to find a ton of matches to play with people on net play. I want to try to put my skills to the test.

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
will there be a tourney today? I showed up here at 3:10pm and the place looks closed down for the day. then I found out there was no facebook event created for today. lol am I really the only one who trusted smashboards over facebook and decided to come out here? if so this really sucks. lol im still out here btw

Key Chain

Smash Cadet
Yo I'm here but it's not open is there one today?
nah man it looks like a lost cause. we've been BAMBOOZLED! lol nah but I checked the beastmodeny facebook page and on sunday they posted that they will be closed for the week. looks like that information wasnt spread through all the right channels.

sucks you had to come out from Harlem but on the low im kinda glad I wasnt the only one :)

AlmightySo

Smash Apprentice
nah man it looks like a lost cause. we've been BAMBOOZLED! lol nah but I checked the beastmodeny facebook page and on sunday they posted that they will be closed for the week. looks like that information wasnt spread through all the right channels.

sucks you had to come out from Harlem but on the low im kinda glad I wasnt the only one :)
lmfao yea wack they didnt post on smashboards that its closed tho. Gonna try to go to nebulous though.

H.L Prospect

Smash Rookie
is the PM HYPE night still happening? If so how can i RSVP?
I went to the tournement this wendsday just to find out from a near by shop owner that the owner went on vacation which got me real pissed for time that was wasted. I Think the tourney is going to happen again once the owner comes back.

KingsGambit27

Smash Cadet
Hey guys sorry about that inconvenience. The owner is running the tournament now through Facebook as his communication channel. I just respond to this thread to help people with what info I can about PM Hype night. But now I have to close it. If anyone wants to know more about PM Hype night, just search for Beast Mode NY on Facebook. Thanks for your dedication and remember to come out to Nebulous on Sundays too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom