• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Jul 20, 2015] SAM1 (Smash At the Mountain #1) (American Fork UT.)

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
SAM 1
(Smash At the Mountain)

Date: July 20th

Where: Bushi Kai Karate Studio 735 E Pacific Dr • American Fork UT

Venue Open 1:00PM-11:00PM

• Venue Opens For Players (Setup For CRTs will happen as needed in between events)......................................................................................................................................1:00
  • Sign up For Project M (Play Friendlies).............…………........................................................1:00-1:30

• Project M. (v.3.5) Singles……………………………………………….......................…………..….1:30-3:30

• Sign up For Melee Doubles (Play Friendlies)…………...…………………....…..................….......3:30-4:00

• Melee Doubles.…………...…….............................................................................................4:00-6:00

• Sign up For Melee Singles (Play Friendlies).....………………………………...................…………6:00-6:30

• Melee Singles……………………………………………...………………...................…....………...6:30-10:00

• Clean up .....................................................................................................10:00-11:00
Venue Fee $5.00 (Venue fee is waived if you bring a set up!, that includes a CRT TV, and a GameCube/Wii with PM and/or Melee)

Project M. Event Entry $3.00
Pot split between top three (%) 50, 35, 15

Melee Doubles $4.00 ($8.00 per team)

Melee Singles $5.00

(Game Cube controllers will NOT be provided)

Sponsored by:

CANYON CHIROPRACTIC

Last edited:

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Will the brackets be double elimination? And will there be a stream?

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
You all just watched Armada win EVO congrats to him, the greatest smasher ever!
Now see if you have what it takes to win SAM it all starts tomorrow at 1:00 PM with yes P.M. as the night continues we will also have melee doubles, and then the grand finale: Melee Singles. Be there, bring your friends, and lets all have a good time. All details are posted Above

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
im sorry i didnt see it, tbh honest your font color is unreadable on my background. i will try to find it though im sorry

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
oh im sorry. actually it never crossed my mind tbh, ha we are using 3.5 because it 3.6 is still in beta, and we have more aces to 3.5 as well. i hope that answers your question. sorryabout that.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The hell?

You realize that every patch that initially comes out is essentially in beta too right?

That every tournament since the release of 3.6 has been using it? (Though the majority have included the toon link fix which is the only major issue with the patch)

How do you have more access to 3.5? 3.6 is more readily available online.

Like I don't mean to come off sour about all of this. But this really seems like some bad decision making. (A tournament on a monday during the day, 3.5, 2 hours scheduled between events(It's going to take longer if you have more than 16 people)) there are a lot of things that make me really hesitant about this one.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
i recognize this. admitably i haven't completely figured this all out,in the future i will be able to have more access to a lot more materials. however, as far as timing, iwont need more time at all, i have more than enough set ups as a whole to completee each event in the time needed. im not trying to pretend i have everything figured out this time around but i guarantee you its going to be a good time. and we will finish everything. im new to this scene i know, but im trying my best. and this tournament will be a success, so long as i can get people to come, all i ask is faith form my community, i hope it comes out in force tomorrow.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
The hell?

You realize that every patch that initially comes out is essentially in beta too right?

That every tournament since the release of 3.6 has been using it? (Though the majority have included the toon link fix which is the only major issue with the patch)

How do you have more access to 3.5? 3.6 is more readily available online.

Like I don't mean to come off sour about all of this. But this really seems like some bad decision making. (A tournament on a Monday during the day, 3.5, 2 hours scheduled between events(It's going to take longer if you have more than 16 people)) there are a lot of things that make me really hesitant about this one.
I do however, hope to see you at future tournaments, whether it be another SAM, or at a tournament i don't run, that my family will allow me to attend. sorry if this isn't something you feel is professionally put together, i really am trying to please everyone.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I think @Tsuteto would be fine with meeting your parents in the next few weeks if they feel uneasy about the scene.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I appreciate that, i dont want to make an enemy of you sinz so im sorry if my decisions upset you or anyone else veiwing the thread.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You're not making an enemy of anyone. That's a pretty sad line of thinking too man :(((((

We are just trying to figure out your situation better.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely, but as im sure youll learn from playing and meeting me, im very... head strong, i want to make this tourney successful, and as long as people show, it WILL be. because i have everything to make it so, im not knowledgeable about pm, but next month i will probably follow your advice, and use 3.6 over 3.5

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, if you are going to SAM 1, you might end up in the wrong place. If you put the venue address in google maps on an iPhone, you will end up at a chiropractic building. To get to the venue, continue down State Street and turn right on 700 East. then turn right again onto 110 South. Follow the road into the back area and you will see a building (Bushi Kai) with the doors propped open. That is our venue.

Top Bottom