• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Jul 11, 2015] Makeshift Combos 3 [P:M 3.6 Tournament] (San Antonio Texas)

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Makeshift Combos
P:M Tournament
July 11th, 2015
San Antonio, TX

(By Vitamin C and Plate)

< Schedule >
Venue opens at 12:00 PM, so that's the earliest you can show up!
Registeration closes at 12:45 to seed bracket and/or pools!

Tournament Schedule
1:00 | Project M Doubles Begin

3:00 | Project M Singles Begin
6:30 | *Side Event (see bottom of page)
8:00 | Cleanup and Friendlies.

If more than 50 entrants, we will run pools and schedule will be as follows:

1:00 | Project M Pools Wave 1
2:30 | Project M Pools Wave 2
4:00 | Lunch Break
5:00 | Singles Bracket Starts
6:30 | Project M Doubles Start
8:00 | Side Event*

Registration for all events and venue fee collection will start at 12:00PM.
Exact change is appreciated, but not necessary. Helps keep payout pools separate without too much hassle.
Full setups must arrive before 1:00 PM in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.

< Entry Info >

Venue Fee: $5 per person (Free if you bring a FULL setup)
Project M Singles: $5 per person
Project M Doubles: $5 per person ($10 per team)
*Side Event: $1 per person

The tournament is open to anyone and everyone! Just show up to the venue on the day of the tournament and bring the following:
1. Enough cash for the events you wish to enter (see the prices above, exact change preferred.)
2. Your own controller (Any Project M compatible controller, GameCube controller preferred. Please take batteries out of wiimote when not in use, as to not interfere with matches.)

If you bring a full setup for any game, we will refund your $5 venue fee at the end of the tourney.
A full Project M setup is a CRT TV, Wii, Brawl disc, and SD card with PM v3.6.

Prizes for each individual event are distributed from the money pot as follows:

<55
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

>55
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%

< Rules >

Project M Ruleset:
4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
Items OFF and set to NONE
Buffer OFF
All sets are best of 3, except finals which are best of 5
Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, Falcon's forward-B at the side blastzone, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
Gigabowser is Banned.

Warioman is Banned.
your mom's dog is banned as well.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
First player strikes one stage.
Second player strikes the next two stages.
First player strikes the next two stages.
Second player strikes one stage.
Players play on remaining stage

Starters
Green Hill Zone
Pokemon Stadium 2
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland

Delphino Secret
Yoshi Story

Counterpicks
Second Row
14 stages in all

After each match:

Winner announces THREE stage bans, these bans lasts for 1 round.
Loser chooses counterpick stage
Winner chooses their character
Loser chooses their character

< Side Events >
The Ruleset is the same, with Metal Cavern and Dracula's Castle added. Payout is winner take all.

If time allows, we will run your choice of these side events:

Random Singles: Bo3, Round Robin, players go random.
Falcon RR: Bo3, Round Robin, players go Falcon
Ganon RR: Bo3, Round Robin, players go Ganon
Turbo Singles: Bo3, Round Robin, all stages legal except training room. (this should be hype!)

Additional Rules:

Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.
Sudden Death: If a match ends with both players dying at the exact same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock, 3:00 minute rematch will be played out on the same stage.
Glitches: Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Performance altering controller modifications(Turbo/Macro buttons) are not allowed.

Placings in Singles Pools are determined based on:
1. Number of sets won
2. Number of games won
3. Head-to-head winner

Code of Conduct:

All ejections or disqualifications due to violations of the Code of Conduct or individual game rules will be without refund.
No alcohol or illegal substances inside the venue. Getting caught with these items or evidence of the presence of these items will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
No fighting or weaponry inside the venue. Throwing controllers or acting in a way that could pose a danger to other players will result in disqualification from the event and eviction from the venue.
No refusal to play on certain TVs or setups will be tolerated barring extreme circumstances. All players agree to have their matches recorded if requested by the TO.
Be on time to your match. You have 5 minutes from when it's called to be at your station or you forfeit the first game. If you are 10 minutes late you forfeit the match and are either out or in losers.

Collusion (Pot splitting, bracket rigging, etc):
I don't tolerate collusion of any kind. I don't want to hear it. I don't want to see it. I don't make money off this event. I give up my Saturday to run this event. I do this because I want the San Antonio and surrounding scenes to have another tournament to go to. If you are strapped for time come talk to me. We can work something out.
In the case that 2 or more placing players are caught colluding, prize money will be redistributed to the next qualifying tier of players. This will be a pain for everyone involved. Don't do this.

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING TVS!
I can only provide a couple TVs to start with, so it's up to the rest of the community to bring more and make the event easier to run. More setups means more friendlies and more playing time, so please do your part if you have equipment to lend for the day.

*Side event to be run if time allows
**Yoshis Story and WarioWare not legal in doubles

Last edited:

hamyojo

Smash Ace
If this was Melee I'd go
Hell if it was SD Remix I'd show up and take everyone's money with Pichu

Top Bottom