• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 22, 2015] MacD presents: Mayhem - Melee (Pasadena, CA)

MacD

Banned via Administration

MacD

I wanted to ask two quick questions. The first is if to preregister, I would just have to add my info to the list correct? My second question is if I preregister, would that mean I wouldn't have to sign up at the venue?
you'll have to pay at the venue, but i'll have all your info

BTK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spen5er60
3DS FC
3282-2431-9947
Thanks MacD! I would love to help but would I have to be there at a specific time to help out? I live kind of far so I was thinking about showing up around 1:30.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Any chance of another Mayhem before Press Start? I know you probably don't want to TO two weeks in a row, but I'm leaving SoCal next month and would love to go to one more of these.

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
I am going to be attending this tourny but I want to play teams as well as singles does anyone want to team with me for this event who doesnt have a partner yet? in melee I play puff, fox, and falco :]

MacD

MacD

Mayhem the weekend before EVO. I'm expecting quite the turnout. PEEF won't be here to help and i'm not sure if Deez will be either. If that ends up being the case, i will probably need a right hand man. I'm also going to do things a bit different this mayhem in terms of helpers (more info on that in the future).

Other than that i've got some big things in store for this mayhem, hopefully everyone is ready!!!!

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1541335822753712/

MacD

it's melee only. no PM.

if you are only entering singles, registration ends at 2, so you'd need to show up before then/pay.

the sign up sheet comes out roughly 1 week before the event

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
If I am able to go does anyone have any tips
In terms of the game/tourney
-ask questions, how to do things, how to improve, what to do, etc. learn from your mistakes
-always get off a station if asked to do so for a tournament match
-make sure to pre-register
-If you have any questions or are confused about anything don't be afraid to ask
-if you have the opportunity to do so always falcon punch

In general
-get rest and stay hydrated
-have fun and try not to take it too seriously
-buy Mccain Chipotle

That should cover the big ones. Hope that helps

MacD

totally neglicted this thread, but in case people are still checking, the next on is this Sat the 22nd. Below is copied from FB:

Hey guys, Mayhem reg is up. I'm using smash GG. it'll be 100% MANDATORY PAID PRE-REG this time. REG ENDS at 10pm Friday night. You can use PayPal or Credit Card. https://smash.gg/tournament/mayhem-8-22

Things to know (explained more fully in a post later):
- Spectators are free. People playing friendlies still have to pay venue fee, which can be done in cash at the venue
- Venue fee is $8 now. The $1 increase is going towards buying my own streaming laptop. I'm sick of borrowing my roommate's.
- There will still be setup discounts. given in cash at the door. First come first serve basis until we run out of space

The bigger SoCal locals are too big to do in person reg/paying comfortably. the first comment below will link to a post i made about why we want to switch to paid pre-reg.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments, concerns.

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/603540166452551/

Last edited:
Top Bottom