• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West [Aug 22, 2015] MacD presents: Mayhem - Melee (Pasadena, CA)

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
How often do these happen??
assuming the frequency continues as it has this year, it's usually around 3 or 4 weeks between each one. If there's two in a month they're at the tail ends of both. I don't run the tourney tho so anything can change but that's what it's been like as of 2014.
So, for your planning pleasure, it's a little more often than once a month.

ThePhoenixDown

Smash Cadet
ok thank u
assuming the frequency continues as it has this year, it's usually around 3 or 4 weeks between each one. If there's two in a month they're at the tail ends of both. I don't run the tourney tho so anything can change but that's what it's been like as of 2014.
So, for your planning pleasure, it's a little more often than once a month.

MacD

Banned via Administration
Whoops, i forgot about this thread. sad sad days. yea it's still this weekend. would be sick if you could come out

copy pasta from the FB page:

Hey guys, Mayhem this weekend. Sorry I'm late on the reg. Both events at Super Arcade this weekend got me behind. Melee only this weekend. Also Peef won't be able to help me TO this time (finals johns), so Deez is gonna be my co-host this weekend. Remember, if you pre-reg it's only a $7 venue fee. if you don't it's $10. You can save $2 more off your venue fee if you bring a full setup.

Let me know if you have any questions.

View Entrants: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hENKIFiuR_8QDwqPPqErynhMJdO0MJRIYB4FvTe3Lj8/edit?usp=sharing

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/764060857010136

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
just to clarify, since I still have yet to make a facebook (I'm super bad w/ any social media that isn't tumblr naturally), mayhem's on this saturday?

MacD

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
It sort of feels rude of me to ask this, but with a lot of recent controversies this last week about it, and some previous discussion there's been about wanting to have it again, I feel the need to ask; are there any plans or even thoughts about bring PM back to mayhem?

MacD

Next Mayhem the 28th of Feb. Pre-reg will be released roughly one week before the event (on Feb 21st).

I am unsure of what I will do regarding PM, but I do know that i will not be hosting PM alongside Melee at my current venue

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
Next Mayhem the 28th of Feb. Pre-reg will be released roughly one week before the event (on Feb 21st).

I am unsure of what I will do regarding PM, but I do know that i will not be hosting PM alongside Melee at my current venue
After deciding to leave the stone age and make a facebook to check out the socal smash groups I actually found out there's gonna be a PM tourney at the old venue at MTG deals a week before the next mayhem

So I'm probably set for now lmao. glad to hear a response nonetheless too, thanks for that!

Large_Rabbit

Smash Rookie
So excited, this is gonna be my first tournament. I totally expect to get bodied, but it should be fun.
Is the total registration 7 dollars (if pre-registered?)

DontHateOnNate

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2793-1615-9405
Am I right to assume that not all matches are going to be streamed? The one on the 28th is gonna be my first tournament and my friends want to watch me get destroyed xD

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Am I right to assume that not all matches are going to be streamed? The one on the 28th is gonna be my first tournament and my friends want to watch me get destroyed xD
Yes. I highly doubt there will ever be a Smash tournament that has every match streamed. That's like... impossible. :/
On a side note, good for you for going to your first Smash tournament! Good luck!!

Last edited:

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
yeah to be on schedule there is usually like well over a dozen matches going on during pools and what not. hype matchups/finals in pools and what not are usually what get streamed around then, and from then on a good chunk of the main bracket if not the whole bracket is streamed. but ultimately a lot goes unstreamed, and that's just a time thing unfortunately. if you wanted to stream everything you'd need a stream on most/all setups which is.........

granted you're hearing this from someone who's never TOd and hasn't gotten a chance to go to any tournament side this one (until this saturday for classic mode) so maybe I goofed a few details there, but the key idea I'm sure enough about; it's hard enough running a tournament and getting everyone out at a decent hour just streaming the hype matches/top bracket.

MacD

yea most matches won't be streamed.

glad to here you are gonna show up to your first tourney though!!! at least 5 people have told me it's going to be their first one. gonna be lots of fun!

MacD

Mayhem Reg is up. Sign up here and Pay at the venue. If you need to update your teammate/events please use the update. If you can't go please fill out a delete. This all helps save time and makes thing easier on me day of. (sorry i was a day late)

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Pre-reg: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1x__IhZ6pOH-167uLwolopoId5gyt8L1UeAMl34DBY40/viewform?usp=send_form

View Entratns: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/176JzOJyhksjljqY4euTaqAe5bV8EemFDDud7ow39M9k/edit?usp=sharing

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/450990618386536/

DontHateOnNate

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2793-1615-9405
What time do you think singles will end? I actually might not be able to go depending on when singles ends @-@ but then again i'd probably get bodied round 1 xD

MacD

singles has been ending around 10-11pm.

we split pools into 2 sections though, so you'll either be playing from roughly 2:30-5 or 5-7:30. top 16/32 after. that depends on how many show up and how i have to split the bracketrs

MacD

Just confirmed next Mayhem on the 4th of April. Which works out perfectly cause the other weeks in April are gonna be hype elsewhere.

BTW START SHOWING UP BEFORE 12 IF YOU WANNA DO TEAMS. things keep getting delayed cause of the last rush that show up right before 12, then it take time to reg, then sorta and make the bracket.

https://www.facebook.com/events/702772073189032/

Balsoid

Smash Rookie
Oh, and another question. I've never been to a tournament, so i don't know how this works, but is there a designated area and setups for friendlies?

Best Asura ARAD

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gyran_ssb
Oh, and another question. I've never been to a tournament, so i don't know how this works, but is there a designated area and setups for friendlies?
in my experience so far when pools start up there are tables designated for each pool ("Pool 1 use that table over there, Pool 2 use that other table next to it, etc.") to get their sets done so anything that isn't designated as a table for pools should be open for friendlies. beyond that once the full bracket starts there won't be nearly as many setups used for tourneys as opposed to friendlies anyways, although you might see some people filter out of the venue with their setups as they have to leave later on but a good amount will be there until grand finals is over. after that though we pretty much pack it up

BTK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spen5er60
3DS FC
3282-2431-9947
I wanted to ask two quick questions. The first is if to preregister, I would just have to add my info to the list correct? My second question is if I preregister, would that mean I wouldn't have to sign up at the venue?

Top Bottom