• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jigglypuff's rest cannot seem to hit CPU standing Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0193

Smash Rookie
As the title suggests, I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but I can't seem to rest using Jigglypuff's down + B special even when on an opponent.

I'm standing right next to a CPU Fox in training mode, I press down and B to rest, jigglypuff closes her eyes and falls asleep, and nothing happens to fox AT ALL. No damage, no knockback, nothing. Is Rest currently broken or something?

I tried everything. I tried setting the damage to 1%, nothing. Even after we had both spawned, and we were both at 0% nothing happens either. I also tried having myself and fox face both directions thinking that maybe fox has to be facing me or something and reached no avail either.

I think rest's hit box must be broken.

I can upload a video to show exactly what's wrong if I need to.

Thanks for looking into this.

[Edit: I'm using the sideways wii remote as I can't find my gamecube controller at the moment, but I don't know if that makes a difference.
I'm using v3.5 of Project M, obviously.]

Badge

Smash Apprentice
The hitbox of Jiggs rest is really small. You usually can't hit opponents that are standing right next to you on the ground, because you get pushed away too far. Instead you have to either run or jump into them before resting. This is intended behaviour and not a bug.
Try hitting Bowser with rest if you have trouble getting it on Fox - the larger hitbox makes it much easier to connect. You have to be literally inside an opponent to rest them and not just next to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom