• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Jersey Japes South [SSBM weekly, P:M monthly] (Princeton, NJ)

Jersey Japes

Smash Cadet

Weekly at Princeton University hosted by Masha, NJzFinest & Buu
Formerly "Princeton weekly" and "Jersey Japes"

Bracket archive:
http://jerseyjapes.challonge.com/

Uploaded Results:

Tournament Page
Search Facebook for "Jersey Japes South" for the most recent event
Stream: ???

Venue:
Friend Center
William St. Princeton, New Jersey, 08540
The building is literally at the corner of Olden St and William St. Enter from that corner where the streets meet! Only building there.

View attachment 17923

PLEASE BRING SETUPS (Crt TV and cube/Wii) IF YOU CAN!!! Bring your own controller as well!

Events:
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles

Entry Fee:

$10 per team

Prize Pool:
2nd place gets money back. Winner takes rest.
If we have enough entrants where 20% of the pot is more than $10, we'll do 80% for first place and 20% for second.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles

Entry Fee:
$10

Prize Pool:
Divided among the top 3 places (60%, 30%, 10%)

Monthly: P:M Singles
Bracket 4:30PM

Entry Fee:
$10

Prize Pool:
Divided among the top 3 places (60%, 30%, 10%)

Ruleset:
-Apex 2014 National ruleset
-Grab n Go Clause (may not touch teammate's controller or control their character in any way in doubles)

Parking:

The places that are checked off in red are parking lots where you can park at any time. Follow Washington Road to Ivy Ln. Ivy Ln is the road where you can access these parking lots. You’ll see a big stadium around there. You can also park on Prospect Ave, Olden St, William St, and Nassau St. Parking here is metered until 7PM. After that you do not have to pay. Nassau St. has plenty of places to eat and drink. If you love fat sandwiches, go to Hoagie Haven. It's a very very short walk and order a Body Bag :)

View attachment 17759

If this map isn't clear enough, please let me know and I'll post another.

Other Jersey Japes Series
NORTH: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/381848/

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
JJs13 Results!
Jersey Japes South 13 - Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Frycook
$168.00
2nd
C!Z
$84.00
3rd
Max Powers
$28.00
4th
NjzFinest
5th
Theftz
5th
Emanon
7th
Kevorkian
7th
Zofrea
9th
Downey Soft
9th
YTG
9th
ADVANCED
9th
Fable
13th
AD
13th
Ragin
13th
Scooter Dave
13th
Vestboy Myst
17th
Reter
17th
Failsaucemcgee
17th
Ohmy
17th
Nipples
17th
Jet
17th
Mkolpnji
17th
MyQuestForPower
17th
Lint
25th
NobodyExceptsTheSpanishInquisition
25th
Scrandino
25th
DY
25th
Flurb

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
JJS will be running both the 14th and 21st of march, but then the next one will not be until the 11th of april.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
For the 3/14 tournament, if you left a black charger please let me know.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
reminder that there is another JJS this saturday (3/21) since JJN can't run. There will be NO JJ TOURNAMENTS on the 28th. The alternating biweekly schedule will resume with JJN on April 4th

keninblack

Smash Cadet
If anyone in Union County/near Summit is planning on going to JJS today let me know, would love to be apart of a carpool and chip in for gas. If not i'll definitely try to make it to the next JJN. Thanks.

Cheetah164

Smash Rookie
The challonge says the 21st and the title says the 11th, so is it today or no?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
The title is automatically in place via the biweekly schedule we updated the thread with. That's is why there's a post saying come on the 21st.

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
Can anyone come to this? Is there like an age restriction or something? I'd like to come tomorrow, but if I can't then I wont.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
As far as I know anyone can come. It might be difficult to get into the building (you need some sort of pass), though, so make sure you're a member of the facebook group and stuff so you can tell someone there to let you in. Otherwise you'll have to sit outside and wait for someone else who's going in to get there.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
th
Can anyone come to this? Is there like an age restriction or something? I'd like to come tomorrow, but if I can't then I wont.
there is no age restriction, although the venue may be inappropriate for younger-than-usual audiences at times.

Jersey Japes

Smash Cadet
This event has been moved to the 25th, Princeton Hackathon is using the venue this Saturday and we just found out. Sorry guys! No JJ this Saturday

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
Is it a far walk from Princeton junction? Not from the area.
if you take the dinky from princeton junction to princeton, its about a 15-20 minute walk to the venue. sometimes you can ask in the event if anyone is willing to pick you up. our players are very nice usually but results vary.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
JJS23 will be this saturday 6/20 in the friend center! Daybreak/Alex will be guest TOing, please arrive on time and be respectful. setups always needed as usual. Room will be 007 on the lower level if the other room is still empty of furniture

Last edited:

Jersey Japes

Smash Cadet

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
Will jersey japes feature wii u ever? I'd surely make the drive there and bring folks from the Just Smashing weekly....such a short drive

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking to go to this. Is all the information above still correct? The parking in the lots are free right? Is there a facebook page for this event?

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
I want to start including it but we are very short on setups.
Hmmm....well I'd bring my setup and I'm sure the folks I bring could bring there's. There's a lot of people in SJ who prefer Wii u so turnout would be good and setups should meet quota if you ask for them.

Cheetah164

Smash Rookie
Is there an event this week? No facebook page or challonge bracket yet, so I just want to know before I make plans.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
I'm looking to go to this. Is all the information above still correct? The parking in the lots are free right? Is there a facebook page for this event?
Is there an event this week? No facebook page or challonge bracket yet, so I just want to know before I make plans.

Talking to @ NJzFinest NJzFinest tonight and will post an event / update the date on the thread as soon as i know. KTAR is this weekend and I think he wants to go for WiiU

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
No JJS this saturday and not sure about next week yet, will update with a facebook event when its set. Sorry guys

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
You guys having it on 7/18/15?
a smasher named Fable will be hosting a tournament at the same time/venue so if you want to come through you still can! we will be streaming Evo on a flatscreen monitor so you won't miss out on that. you'll probably have to wait for someone to open the door if you're not a university student, and it will most likely be downstairs in room 007.

Jeppery

Smash Rookie
a smasher named Fable will be hosting a tournament at the same time/venue so if you want to come through you still can! we will be streaming Evo on a flatscreen monitor so you won't miss out on that. you'll probably have to wait for someone to open the door if you're not a university student, and it will most likely be downstairs in room 007.
Arg, didn't see your message until today. Is anything being held there at all on Saturday? (7/23)

Cheetah164

Smash Rookie
No challonge bracket and no facebook page, I'm guessing there's no japes saturday because of labor day weekend?

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
no JJS on 10/3 all the TOs are away! next one on 10/10
go watch tbh5 instead!

Top Bottom