• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JellyBean Heroes--A Boy And His Blob For DLC!!!

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
I think that the pair would make an excellent addition to the smash roster! The different flavors of Jellybeans would grant Blob different forms! For example, they could use a Root Beer-Rocket or Tangerine trampoline to recover, a cinnamon blowtorch or coconut...coconut to attack, use a Punch hole to bury opponents! However, the blob must be near for these to happen, and the boy would not be able to fight well on his own (think of a more risky/rewarding :rosalina: or :4olimar:).

Show your support and share your ideas right here, and go out and vote for the Boy and Blob!!!

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Yessss thank-you I thought I was the first to think of boy and his blob haha I think blob will hop slowly behind boy patiently waiting for a jelly bean to be thrown, I think the boy should be able to throw the jelly beans to blob from anywhere on stage allowing setups with proper blob spacing! Boy and his blob will bring something different to the game unlike every other character people are suggesting it's kinda annoying imo

I think boy should be able to fight on his own with quick short range jabs and quick arials to allow blob to attack after the enemy is stunned or distracted

Dr. Bran

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2062-9647-8749
YESSSS! Someone else out there is also awesome! Your ideas make a bit more sense for a duo character like a Boy and His Blob as far as attacking goes. The trouble I have when I think of this play-style is how they will recover. Of course, there is the trampoline, rocket, and parachute, but what would happen if the Boy needed to recover and the Blob was somewhere else? Would he automatically warp there (with a whistle), or would the boy just suffer the KO as is the risk of their separation?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's not as creative as you guys suggested, but I made a moveset for this duo.
Ground Attacks:
Neutral Attack-Punches twice than kicks 1%,1%,2%,
Dash Attack-Uses Blob in Bubble form 13%
Forward Tilt-Kicks 3%
Up Tilt-Swings Blob in Balloon form overhead 11%
Down Tilt-Kicks downward 2%
Smashes:
Forward Smash-Uses Blob’s Jack form to attack 10%-28%
Up Smash-Thrusts Umbrella overhead 6%,19%-8%,27%
Down Smash-Blob in his double form punches with the boy 7%-9% (boy) 9%-11% (Blob)
Areals:
Neutral Aerial-Swings around Blob in ladder form 6%
Forward Aerial-Kicks 2%
Back Aerial-Uses Blob in Blowtorch form 12%
Up Aerial-Fires Blob in bullet form 3%
Down Aerial-Uses the Anvil 17%
Grab & Throws:
Grab-Grabs: Blob eats the opponent: Long grab
Pummel-digests 1% per hit
Forward Throw-Fires using his cannon form 8%
Back Throw-Fires using his cannon form 8%
Up Throw-fires using his cannon form 8%
Down Throw-fires using his cannon form 6%
Other:
Floor-Blob flies around in hummingbird form 3%
Edge-Blob uses his shield form to protect the Boy who slowly gets up
Specials, Customs, & Final Smash:
Neutral Special-Hole: Creates a hole to burry opponents
Custom 1-Hole Trap: Buried opponents have major damage dealt to them 18%
Custom 2-Water Hole: Buried opponents are dealt constant damage 1% per hit
Side Special-Rocket: The Boy uses Blob’s rocket form to go forward. 11%
Custom 1-Fast Rocket: Rocket goes fast and is hard to control 16%
Custom 2-Controled Rocket: Rocket goes slower and is easily controlled 7%
Up Special-Trampoline: The Boy jumps on the Blob in trampoline form. This goes higher if you press the A button before the jump
Custom 1-Floating Trampoline: The Boy jumps multiple times before going upward.
Custom 2-Super Trampoline: The Boy always goes high
Down Special-Bouncer: The Boy sits on the Blob in bouncer form and bounces on opponents for a meteor affect. You can float on water while this is in effect 11%
Custom 1-High Bouncer: Bouncer bounces higher 13%
Custom 2-Extreme Bouncer: Bouncer barely goes off the ground, and rapidly damages opponents 2% per hit
Final Smash-Giant: Blob transforms into his giant form and allows the Boy to control him.
Taunts:
Up Taunt-Whistles
Side Taunt-Feeds Blob a Ketchup Jellybean and Blob transforms into a brick wall
Down Taunt-Hugs Blob
Things that have no effect in battle:
On-Screen Appearance-Comes out of Blob in door form.
Cheer-(Males) Go Boy! (Females) Go Blob! (Both) Go Boy and Blob!
Victory Fanfare-Level clear music
Winning Pose-Jumps up and down while the blob eats the golden jellybeen and transforms into a door; Feeds Blob a lime jellybean, transforming him into a key, unlocks the door, and hugs him; Boy looks worried shouts “blob” and Blob appears out of a black frog.
Loosing Pose-Claps to the winner

I loved that game, though cycling through the jelly bean list drove me further to madness.

In Smash, would the boy actually have to toss jelly beans to the blob, though? Seems like that would inevitably give their moves a super long startup!

slambros

Smash Ace
Having played the game, I support this. It'll be interesting to see a big Shantae vs. Blob fiasco.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I loved that game, though cycling through the jelly bean list drove me further to madness.

In Smash, would the boy actually have to toss jelly beans to the blob, though? Seems like that would inevitably give their moves a super long startup!
Hmm.... It seem I was the only one not bothered by the controls.

As for lag here is what I see with the least amount of lag possible with each attack on my moveset.
Dash Attack-uses Blob in bubble form: Severe startup lag and a decent amount of end lag.
Up Tilt-Swings Blob in Balloon form overhead: Has about as much lag as Villager's up tilt.
Forward Smash-Uses Blob’s Jack form to attack: Has decent startup lag, but most forward Smashes are like this.
Up Smash-Thrusts Umbrella overhead: This acts a lot like Shulk's up smash.
Down Smash-Blob in his double form punches with the boy: This has a lot of startup lag.
Neutral Aerial-Swings around Blob in ladder form: No start up lag, but would hit behind first.
Back Aerial-Uses Blob in Blowtorch form: Has as much lag as Toon Link's forward areal.
Up Aerial-Fires Blob in bullet form: Has varying amounts of ending lag as far as attacks using Blob, but the bow can use punches and kicks while he waits for blob to return.
Down Aerial-Uses the Anvil: Has varying ending lag for Blob attacks.
Neutral Special-Hole: Creates a hole to burry opponents: Has some ending lag for Blob attacks.
Custom 1-Hole Trap: Buried opponents have major damage dealt to them: Same as original.
Custom 2-Water Hole: Buried opponents are dealt constant damage: Same as original.
Side Special-Rocket: The Boy uses Blob’s rocket form to go forward: Has some startup lag
Custom 1-Fast Rocket: Rocket goes fast and is hard to control: Same as original.
Custom 2-Controled Rocket: Rocket goes slower and is easily controlled: Same as original
Up Special-Trampoline: The Boy jumps on the Blob in trampoline form. This goes higher if you press the A button before the jump: Varying ending lag for Blob attacks.
Custom 1-Floating Trampoline: The Boy jumps multiple times before going upward: Same as original.
Custom 2-Super Trampoline: The Boy always goes high: Same as original
Down Special-Bouncer: The Boy sits on the Blob in bouncer form and bounces on opponents for a meteor affect. You can float on water while this is in effect: tiny bit of startup and end lag.
Custom 1-High Bouncer: Bouncer bounces higher: Same as original
Custom 2-Extreme Bouncer: Bouncer barely goes off the ground, and rapidly damages opponents: Same as original
Final Smash-Giant: Blob transforms into his giant form and allows the Boy to control him: Doesn't matter because you are invulnerable the whole time.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
I think he would be the pinnacle of custom moves for smash blob could have soon many

Last edited:
Top Bottom