• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
EVERYONE USE THIS:
http://supershears-001-site1.mywindowshosting.com/

Rules updated on 2014-04-13

Rule 0:
READ THE RULES.

There are 7 levels of players:
{ SS , S , A , B , C , D , F }

At any given time, you can have the following point values:
{ 2 , 1 , 0 , -1 , - 2 }

Everyone starts in C with 0 points.

You get +1 from winning a point-match.
You get -1 for losing a point-match.

Once you get +3 or -3 you go to the next level, and your points go to 0

WHO TO PLAY (Per Tier):

(1) You SHOULD wait for there to be at least 6 players in your level before playing anyone. (Not enforced)

(2) If there is a person in your level who has as many points as you and you have not played them, then you MUST play them if they ask you to play.

(3) You may play anyone you have not played that is within 1 point level of you.

(4) The "Who you have played" is per tier. When you change a tier, forget who you played previously. If someone you play leaves the tier and you don't, you should still remember you played them in that tier. If they come back before you leave the tier, then you should not play them.

(5) If there are no people within 1 point level of you that you have not played, I'll waiver the 10 day timeout rule.

(6) If someone challenges you in compliance with the above rules, you cannot refuse, and you have 3 days to play (exceptions can be granted in special cases). Whats a good penalty? Maybe a -1 for the person who refuses and an extension on the 10 day limit for the challenger... submit screen caps that they refused...

WHEN TO PLAY:
(1) If there are 6 or more people in your level, and you do not play a match in 10 days, you get -1 points. If you already played everyone, play someone who has the closest points to you.

WHAT TO PLAY:
(1) You may only play as 1 character.

(2) You can register a 2nd character to play once I feel like letting people do that. WHICH WILL HAPPEN SOON.​

Best of 1
4 Stocks
No Items
Dream Land.

P2P is preferred.

Both players must record the match.

At the start of the game, the players hang on opposite ledges of the stage until their invincibilty wears out, and then and someone pauses. When they immediately unpause the match starts.

No pausing during the match. If you pause the match on accident, you must suicide.
If there is a DS, you must restart the match with the stocks at the amount each player saw they had. (which is why there is recordings).

All recordings for a match *should* be submitted here. If you didn't make a recording and there is a DS, you automatically lose.

You guys can agree to different rules if you want (5 stocks, best of 3, etc). Just make sure you have a recording of exactly 1 match with the winner winning on DREAMLAND. So if you do Apex ruleset, then the 3rd match must be played on Dreamland.

Report your results like this:
{ YYYY-MM-DD, LEVEL, Winner, Loser}​

If both players agree, you can agree to make it an apex style set.

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
EVERYONE START USING THIS:

http://supershears-001-site1.mywindowshosting.com/

matches, maintained by Studstill: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jqIHsw7FlPaO_blsR2LPF0WxhwsZpJlw0TRxTJ_tauo/edit#gid=0

SS Tier

S Tier

A Tier (2)
:falcon64: SuPeRbOoMfAn { +1 } 2014-04-02

:luigi64: Get $$$ { -1 } 2014-04-02
B Tier (9)
:pikachu64: Dial_911 { +2 } 2014-04-21
:yoshi64: Fireblaster { +2 } 2014-04-17

:kirby64: Stranded { +1 } 2014-04-27

:fox64: The Z { 0 } 2014-04-21
:fox64: Dext3r { 0 } 2014-04-20

:fox64: Blue Suit { -1 } 2014-04-27
:kirby64: Revan { -1 } 2014-04-22
:ness64: SheerMadness { -1 } 2014-04-18

:samus64: Cobr { -2 } 2014-04-22
C Tier (25)
:mario64: JamieHR { +2 } 2014-04-23
:pikachu64: Mariguas { +2 } 2014-04-24
:kirby64: \\Killer// { +2 } 2014-04-24

:falcon64: NovaSmash { +1 } 2014-04-27
:fox64: KitePhox { +1 } 2014-04-23

:fox64: Hipstur {0} 2014-04-27
:falcon64: Combo Blaze { 0 } 2014-04-27
:pikachu64: MrMarbles { 0 } 2014-04-21
:yoshi64: M!nt { 0 } 2014-04-21
:pikachu64: Pik@_Fan { 0 } 2014-04-21
:mario64: breakthrough { 0 } 2014-04-20
:yoshi64: Bloodpeach { 0 } 2014-04-18
:yoshi64: KoRoBeNiKi { 0 } 2014-04-18

:fox64: Unreal { -1 } 2014-04-27
:link64: Froski { -1 } 2014-04-27
:samus64: XKCP { -1 } 2014-04-27
:dk64: Near { -1 } 2014-04-22
:falcon64: soup { -1 } 2014-04-22
:pikachu64: Sojant { -1 } 2014-04-22
:jigglypuff64: ybombb { -1 } 2014-04-18

:falcon64: T Bret { -2 } 2014-04-27
:yoshi64: Komo {-2 } 2014-04-27
:dk64: tacos { -2 } 2014-04-18
:pikachu64: Battlecow { -2 } 2014-04-18

D Tier (16)
:fox64: caneut { +1 } 2014-04-27
:kirby64: Karajan { +1 } 2014-04-27

:pikachu64: Shears { 0 } 2014-04-28
:pikachu64: Dr. Combos { 0 } 2014-04-14
:fox64: $@M&R { 0 } 2014-04-14
:kirby64: KRYSTYAN { 0 } 2014-04-23
:falcon64: Sensei { 0 } 2014-04-22
:falcon64: JosephZander { 0 } 2014-04-22
:falcon64: .SHIZSEI. ( 0 } 2014-04-22
:kirby64: Studstill { 0 } 2014-04-20
:falcon64: Zero { 0 } 2014-04-19
:pikachu64: Bowl { 0 } 2014-04-18

:fox64: Ducky { -1 } 2014-04-27

:pikachu64: Vale { -2 } 2014-04-28
:mario64: Beardhammer { -2 } 2014-04-27
:fox64: Stylisland { -2} 2014-04-20
F Tier (4)
:falcon64: Metacopolys { 0 } 2014-04-27
:pikachu64: onmy. { 0 } 2014-04-18
:link64: Crusader { 0 } 2014-04-08
:fox64: Umbra { 0 } 2014-04-09​

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
If a tournament doesn't go well, I doubt this will either, but i'm all for it if people use it.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
I believe in this ranking much more than the subjective, opinion based, ranking list. Not sure if I will participate, though.

I do have some problems with using the Japan ruleset, a partial reason as to why I will not sign up immediately. . A Small minority of players tend to use 4 stock DL only on Kaillera in NA, so you should not use this set of rules to determine ranking amongst NA players unless you wish to use the Japanese version of the game, and to also partially discredit the rankings. I also believe the requirement for a judge in-game is an poor decision, because this forces the players to play on server instead of p2p(or stream, which also may cause unwanted lag spiking). Playing on server, especially with an extra person, has the potential to create more lag spikes than necessary, and is generally considered worse than p2p play. Additionally, some players cannot even play on Smash FU(the main server currently) due to a currently unknown fake packet-loss issue.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I believe in this ranking much more than the subjective, opinion based, ranking list. Not sure if I will participate, though.

I do have some problems with using the Japan ruleset, a partial reason as to why I will not sign up immediately. . A Small minority of players tend to use 4 stock DL only on Kaillera in NA, so you should not use this set of rules to determine ranking amongst NA players unless you wish to use the Japanese version of the game, and to also partially discredit the rankings. I also believe the requirement for a judge in-game is an poor decision, because this forces the players to play on server instead of p2p(or stream, which also may cause unwanted lag spiking). Playing on server, especially with an extra person, has the potential to create more lag spikes than necessary, and is generally considered worse than p2p play. Additionally, some players cannot even play on Smash FU(the main server currently) due to a currently unknown fake packet-loss issue.
Got rid of the Judge thing. If both players want to make it an Apex style set, then they can agree to that. But if at least one person wants to play 4-stocks, DL only, bo1, then that takes precedence. Either way this is not a bracket, since it is possible to never be eliminated ( win then lose then win then lose etc), so bo1 isn't as bad as you think it is.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Ok I think the terms are better now thanks c: Now, I believe there should be 1 channel for the recorded matches, dedicated to the online ranking system(Youtube has this thing now where you can have sub/alt accounts to your main account. Not 100% how it works exactly). Instead of having S, SS, and A tier games only, there should be all the games. What's the use in having a B/C/D/E/F tier if we can't even see how good the players in the lower tiers are? It'd be nice to see all the matches titled in the same format { YYYY-MM-DD, LEVEL, Player A, Player B } so we can see how players fare vs each other instead of seeing only the results.

I already like this a lot more than the subjective, opinion based system. Just giving ideas to improve it, and I hope that enough players are interested in these rankings for them to go to at least somewhat a good use.

I will also enter as (orange) Fox ^_^

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I already like this a lot more than the subjective, opinion based system. Just giving ideas to improve it, and I hope that enough players are interested in these rankings for them to go to at least somewhat a good use.

I will also enter as (orange) Fox ^_^
I figure at least 40 to make it worth while. I think the Japanese had cutoff time for when people could enter, but I'll have it open forever lol. They got like 200 people to sign up lol.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Let's see how many days my falcon lasts until its get bumped off xP
It's possible to never get bumped off.

Also, you guys can do the matches however you want. But you should submit a recording of the winner winning on DL. So if you do a best of 3 and the score is 1 - 1, then the last match MUST be played on DL and it must be recorded.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
I'm joining as Yoshi cause I ain't got **** to do. Although, anything higher than 4 frames for me and its a no go.

caneut

Smash Ace
I'll join fox, but I'm not recording ****. If I ds or something I'll quit.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
What about the round robin-esque format? I don't know the specifics for that and apparently neither do you, but I think it's the most fun aspect of it. Not sure if people would wanna do that, though. It's certainly fun to watch, especially with commentary.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Go ahead and put me on , I'll use yoshi I guess. I Wanna use DK, but no way I'd make it to A, so I'll wait to use him.

So anytime I play one of those people I post in this thread? Or does it have to be like we set up when to play and stuff?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Go ahead and put me on , I'll use yoshi I guess. I Wanna use DK, but no way I'd make it to A, so I'll wait to use him.

So anytime I play one of those people I post in this thread? Or does it have to be like we set up when to play and stuff?
Ya gotta agree that it is one of these matches, and do the hanging on the ledge and pause thing and record and stuff.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I LUV that you can place with multiple characters, would've loved to get as many characters as I can to A, too bad I've quit competitive online events for good unless I get rid of my frequent lag

The Star King

Smash Hero
Aniki is a pretty plain Japanese moniker I think, might not be the same person

EDIT: Holy **** there's like over 900 placings on that list

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Wait what? Aniki, the Melee Link player, also plays 64? :O
ikr
Does anyone remember Aniki and Masashi from Melee (~2006)?
I found it weird that this Buchimake Matsuri guy also uses the same Aniki tag (アニキ)
Aniki is a pretty plain Japanese moniker I think
yeah, the thing that was weird to me is that his moniker isn't just aniki, it's buchimake matsuri (aniki)
way before my post i tried figuring out where each aniki was from, but i forgot if i had found anything relevant. (i really doubt it's the same person tho)

anybody can make the translation of the japanese nicknames
no reason to translate a name you're never gonna see, so I omitted some
my jp video thread has a lot of names translated, it's a mess but you can still ctrl + f
otherwise, pretend this came on the back cover of your cereal box and have fun

7th Dan / 七段

如月 - Kisaragi
でじくろ - Dejikuro
トモ - Tomo
丼プリンww - Donpurin
南国 - Nangoku

6th Dan / 六段

エクスオ - Ekusuo(?)
ななきょう - Nanakyou (the dude who posted here about cheats)
ハンコック - Hancock (cool falcon)
もやし - Moyashi (it's food, boom should've brought a bowl of moyashi to intimidate him)
ふくろう - Fukurou
とろーり - Toroori (r/l)
オリオン - Orion
アカギ - Akagi
かっぱさん - Kappa-san ( h u e )
スケキヨ - Sukekiyo
みっちゃん - Micchan
アニキ / ぶちまけ祭り(アニキ) - Buchimake matsuri (aniki)

don't take the rankings too seriously, there are plenty of good players who are lower than you'd think, and the top 7 isn't exactly the cream of the crop

If anyone wants to know something else, how to find matches, etc, or if somehow you find a danisen in which Red is playing mario, pm me

Last edited:

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
ikr

yeah, the thing that was weird to me is that his moniker isn't just aniki, it's buchimake matsuri (aniki)
way before my post i tried figuring out where each aniki was from, but i forgot if I found anything relevant. (I really doubt it's the same person tho)

no reason to translate a name you're never gonna see, so I omitted some
my jp video thread has a lot of names translated, it's a mess but you can still ctrl + f
otherwise, pretend this came on the back cover of your cereal box and have fun

7th Dan / 七段

如月 - Kisaragi
でじくろ - Dejikuro
トモ - Tomo
丼プリンww - Donpurin
南国 - Nangoku

6th Dan / 六段

エクスオ - Ekusuo(?)
ななきょう - Nanakyou (the dude who posted here about cheats)
ハンコック - Hancock (cool falcon)
もやし - Moyashi (it's food, boom should've brought a bowl of moyashi to intimidate him)
ふくろう - Fukurou
とろーり - Toroori (r/l)
オリオン - Orion
アカギ - Akagi
かっぱさん - Kappa-san ( h u e )
スケキヨ - Sukekiyo
みっちゃん - Micchan
アニキ / ぶちまけ祭り(アニキ) - Buchimake matsuri (aniki)

don't take the rankings too seriously, there are plenty of good players who are lower than you'd think (and the top 7 isn't exactly the cream of the crop
thxx

Studstill

Smash Ace
2014 03 26 Cobr Studstill 1 Stock
I got the krec file, and a zipped version for the recording. Where should I send it?

We assumed this was intended to be a 1 match 4 stock dreamland.

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
how the **** is fireblaster gonna contact us/reply to us if he's banned? Or is he still able to use PMs?

edit: or is it possible to never having to play someone who just shows up randomly in the servers? One of the biggest things I hate about online events is that people just expect the other person to show up and never bother organizing a day to play. None of that would be necessary for this?

edit: I think I'll join this I guess. FALCON for now. Hope I can whip out an alt later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom