• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Japanese Results Compendium

juddy96

Smash Lord
Umebura will be on SHI-G, Sumabato will be on another stream. Shimitake said possibly Ranai's stream, but it appears he isn't going atm.

Also, Aki signed up for Sumabato after the notables list was made

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
What's up with overlapping tournament dates these days :/

:059:
Yeah, but the three tournaments between March 19th-21st (Shulla-bra, Hirosuma, and TSC) are way spread out from each other in Fukuoka, Hiroshima, and Sendai respectively

Last edited:

FernGully

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nemosinevitioest
How do you guys know about these tournaments in these cities in Japan? I live in Sendai, Japan and I would love to try and play or at least spectate the players in these tournaments, and get involved with the Smash scene in Japan. If you guys could send me a PM or reply to my message, I'd serious appreciate it.

Gratefully,
FernGully

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys know about these tournaments in these cities in Japan? I live in Sendai, Japan and I would love to try and play or at least spectate the players in these tournaments, and get involved with the Smash scene in Japan. If you guys could send me a PM or reply to my message, I'd serious appreciate it.

Gratefully,
FernGully
The Japanese communicate mostly on Twitter. https://twitter.com/sendai_suma4 will direct you to some house locals. The largest tournament in Sendai is TSC https://twitter.com/tsc_suma4 . They're having a Melee/WiiU event March 19-21, with 19th being friendlies, 20th being side events like doubles, and 21st being being the Singles tournaments. You'll have to sign up beforehand though, so don't forget. Sign-ups are expected to start sometime in early March.

FernGully

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nemosinevitioest
The Japanese communicate mostly on Twitter. https://twitter.com/sendai_suma4 will direct you to some house locals. The largest tournament in Sendai is TSC https://twitter.com/tsc_suma4 . They're having a Melee/WiiU event March 19-21, with 19th being friendlies, 20th being side events like doubles, and 21st being being the Singles tournaments. You'll have to sign up beforehand though, so don't forget. Sign-ups are expected to start sometime in early March.
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be in Japan during those dates, otherwise I'd go to everyone of those events. How often are these tournaments held in Sendai? What would be the best way for me to be a a part of it?

Gratefully,
FernGully

Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be in Japan during those dates, otherwise I'd go to everyone of those events. How often are these tournaments held in Sendai? What would be the best way for me to be a a part of it?

Gratefully,
FernGully
Unfortunately the concept of weekly tournaments doesn't yet exist in Japan. For example, the gap between TSC2 and TSC3 is nearly half a year. Your best bet is going to be a house local. There appears to be some house locals the 27th/28th. They typically run around 8 people each. Will you be in Sendai during those dates?

FernGully

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nemosinevitioest
Unfortunately the concept of weekly tournaments doesn't yet exist in Japan. For example, the gap between TSC2 and TSC3 is nearly half a year. Your best bet is going to be a house local. There appears to be some house locals the 27th/28th. They typically run around 8 people each. Will you be in Sendai during those dates?
Yes. I will be back in Sendai on the 24th.

FernGully

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nemosinevitioest
Last edited:

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Jucchan,

Thank you so much. This is awesome information.

Edit: I suppose I need a Twitter account if I want to sign up for the tournament?
Yes, you'll need a Twitter account. Most Japanese signups are tied to twitter.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
Any idea what this tournament is? Seems like it's happening in Yokohama Prefecture. http://chromakeybullet.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-98.html
It's a Yokohama Smash hangout happening on April 30th. The page says that they were able to secure a venue, but that they haven't planned what events they're doing. They're putting an entrant cap of 170, with one third allowed to enter the tournament, the rest are spectators/friendlies.

juddy96

Smash Lord
It's a Yokohama Smash hangout happening on April 30th. The page says that they were able to secure a venue, but that they haven't planned what events they're doing. They're putting an entrant cap of 170, with one third allowed to enter the tournament, the rest are spectators/friendlies.
Looks like this account has more details on this tournament and it has a name and such. It will have Smash 4.

https://twitter.com/BlackBros_SSB/status/703528591204548609

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman

juddy96

Smash Lord
Also, it appears that once again Ranai won't be entering Sumabato. Anything going on with him?

Djent

Smash Champion
Thanks as always, juddy96 juddy96 . I have been dropping the ball on punctual updates lately.

I am currently working on a notable list for Sumabato, since that's now full. Also, spring break, so I'll actually get to watch it live!

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
:4sheik: Edge, Aki, tk3, Paseriman, Nasubi, Z~Tan, Sylph, Hiraga, Shachi
:rosalina: ikep, Atelier, Yuzu, Jan, Ruriruri
:4diddy: Dainosuke, Isotaku, Daiki, Macho
:4rob: OCEAN, Sopumo, Kenkenpa, Ginko
:4cloud2: Komorikiri, Kamemushi, Masashi
:4bayonetta2: Komorikiri, 9B, ikep
:4ryu: 9B, Aki, Kei
:4mario: FILIP, Tatsutsuyo, Chart-yasu
:4sonic: YOC, RYO, Real