• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 9, 2015] Kumite in Tennessee 15 - powered by VGBC - $15,000+ (Murfreesboro, TN)

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
NO ONSITE REGISTRATION AT KIT 15!

ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY!

NO EXCEPTIONS!

Kumite in Tennessee 2015 presented by Vandy, Beely, and the KiT Crew!

Date: January 9-11, 2015

Venue: Lane Agri-Park Community Center
315 John R. Rice Blvd, Suite 101
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Airport: Nashville International (BNA) approx 30 minutes from venue.

Hotel Information
DoubleTree
1850 Old Fort Pkwy, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
(615) 895-5555
Sign up for the KiT group rate by reserving your room here or call and ask for the KiT 15 rate.
The hotel offers a shuttle service to the tournament venue upon request free of charge.

This is a 3 Day Event that REQUIRES online pre-registration. This means there will be no onsite registration of any kind for tournament games. We are dedicated to bringing you both hype and organization, and this will make for a better tournament experience for all.

Register now at www.kitrevival.com/register

Registration Schedule and fees
Early Registration Starts: September 1 ($35)
Late Registration Starts: December 1 ($45)
Registration Ends: January 2
Pools and brackets to be released: January 6

Spectator Pass: $20 at the door only

KiT 15 Main Games
Mario Kart 8 - $500 Guaranteed
Super Smash Bros Melee - $500 Guaranteed
Project M - $500 Guaranteed
Super Smash Bros for Wii U - $1000 Guaranteed

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - $500 Guaranteed
Mortal Kombat - $500 Guaranteed
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma - $500 Guaranteed +$250 bu Eighty-Sixed Clothing
Soul Calibur V - $500 Guaranteed
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - $500 Guaranteed
Killer Instinct - $1000 Guaranteed
Guilty Gear Xrd - $1050 Guaranteed + $250 by The Steam Co
Injustice: Gods Among Us - $2000 Guaranteed + $250 by Canada Cup Gaming
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - $2000 Guaranteed + $250 by GG|SherryJenix
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $2000 Guaranteed + $250 by Canada Cup Gaming
Ultra Street Fighter IV - $2000 Guaranteed + $500 by Dynamic Custom Beadworks

Game rules and payout breakdown can be found here: kitrevival.com/rules

Complete Schedule including stream information can be found here: kitrevival.com/schedule

Our broadcast partners:
twitch.tv/pandaxgaming
twitch.tv/nycfurby
twitch.tv/funkyp
twitch.tv/nycfab
twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
twitch.tv/sixfortyfive
twitch.tv/st_ultimate

Be sure to like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/KumiteInTennessee
Join the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/218948851647875/
Follow us on twitter: @KITVandy @KITBeely @KiT_CodEZ

We will have many announcements about KiT 15 as the year goes by! Stay tuned!

Project M Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* I shouldn't need to put this rule in but Giga Bowser is banned for tournament play

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage

Stagelist:

Starter -

Battlefield
Dreamland
Green Hill Zone
Pokémon Stadium 2
Smashville

Counterpick -

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Skyworld
Yoshi's Island: Melee
Yoshi's Island: Brawl

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* In all best of 5 sets there will be no stage bans.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Singles -

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Doubles -

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)

Smash 4 Wii U Rules

* 3 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Custom Movesets are BANNED
* Custom Equipment (for the time being) is banned.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stage list: [Currently with the unknown stages in the Wii U version I can't put up a stage list this will be updated]

Neutral -

Battlefield
Big Battlefield Omega (or any omega of your choosing, FD's background is too cumbersome at times)
Smashville
Town and City
Duck Hunt

Counterpick -

Wuhu Island
Lylat Cruise
Pilotwings
Halberd

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban

Last edited:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
All right! I will be running the smash brothers portion again this year.

Everyone make sure to pre-register as early as possible this year.

Last edited:

Alex 615

Smash Apprentice
I was hype for this until I saw Smash 4 kicking out PM if it's been released.

That's unbelievably lame.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice

We are working on a way to add Project M to the roster whether Smash 4 is out in time or not.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Here is the schedule of events including stream information! We are happy to have VGBootCamp on board to stream the Nintendo portion of the tournament!

www.kitrevival.com/schedule

Last edited:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hmm. maybe. Are there shuttles from the airport to whatever "offiicial" hotel there is?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
hmm. maybe. Are there shuttles from the airport to whatever "offiicial" hotel there is?
There are several hotels a couple minutes down the road from the venue. We are looking for an official one.

The Nashville airport is about a half hour from the venue. Unfortunately there are no shuttles.

Inthebackground

Banned via Warnings

You mean the official, new HD game is taking precedence over the bad player's wet dream that is Project M? You don't say.

Inthebackground

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
Of course you haven't. That's the point of an alt. Anyway, my car will be winning PM and Wii U should we decide to go to this.Although 3ds alone will be way bigger than PM. Simply because it's a real game. Don't get hot at the truth, you were quick to pander to that guy who was complaining about the new OFFICIAL smash taking the spot of an unbalanced hack of a game yet you're going to judge me based on my join date and post count.

Typical.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Let's keep it positive guys. Every Smash game is going to be great a KiT.

Fatchu

Smash Journeyman
Martin Methodist College or Murfreesboro, TN
If you have something that contributes to the thread please post it, otherwise please take your comments to another thread. Your comments are unwarranted, unnecessary, and unwanted.

This being said, I will gladly use my car as a taxi from the airport to the venue granted I have the necessary gas funds.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Good luck with winning any event. Since I have no idea who you are I'm assuming you beat me in brawl. Which doesn't matter to me. Congrats, hide in your anonymity. Unless you are Fatality, Reflex, Chad, Iori, Yoshiiscool, Abate, Oracle, Vro, Chinesaah, or GP from Georgia you didnt beat me in a tourney set. So congrats on beating my squirtle or something that I dont play in a friendly. You da bess. Money match in PM? best 3 of 5. and I'll double your bet.

Last edited:

Geegog

Smash Rookie
Gonna be big, anyone in Tennessee would be shamed if they don't go

Inthebackground

Banned via Warnings
If you have something that contributes to the thread please post it, otherwise please take your comments to another thread. Your comments are unwarranted, unnecessary, and unwanted.

This being said, I will gladly use my car as a taxi from the airport to the venue granted I have the necessary gas funds.
This is a perfect example of the type of hypocritical pandering that goes on in the community.

You want to complain about me defending Smash Wii U but PM fanatics raging that Smash Wii U is "kicking out" Project M, which isn't even an official game, is okay, and the T.O was quick to pander to him.

Anyway, not going to post anymore, as I'm sure this will have no turnout anyway due to it being so close to Apex

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Considering PM is currently the most played smash game in pretty much every region right now its not surprising that we put PM back in as one of the games. Your negativity is unwanted and you decided to duck my offer to MM. So all mouth and no skill is what I'm calling. Bads will be bads.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
This is a perfect example of the type of hypocritical pandering that goes on in the community.

You want to complain about me defending Smash Wii U but PM fanatics raging that Smash Wii U is "kicking out" Project M, which isn't even an official game, is okay, and the T.O was quick to pander to him.

Anyway, not going to post anymore, as I'm sure this will have no turnout anyway due to it being so close to Apex
What are you after here?

PM was being saved as a contingency plan in case Smash 4 was not out in time - you can surely see the projected release date is close to our tournament date. We wanted something to fall back on in case it was not out for the people who registered for it. This was a mistake - PM should have been in from the beginning. KO and I discussed how to add it long before I made this thread and the decision was final. I am not pandering to anyone. The challenge was how to fit it into the schedule and we fixed that.

PM, Melee, and Smash 4 are all there and each one will be great - so what are we arguing about?

I don't care about the turnout. Our obligation is to provide the best experience for the players who are there - not to worry about the people who are not there.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The troll has been banned as he's confirmed himself as an alternative account. Please cease feeding it in further attention.

Thanks.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I actually agreed with that guy too, in regards to it being silly to be disappointed that Smash 4 would kick out PM (it didn't, but if it did)

I just didn't feel like arguing the point :laugh:

Last edited:

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Had a fun time last year, I definitely plan on coming at least for friendlies and if I can scrape together some spare cash I'd love to enter the tourney too.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
We are extending the early registration special through the weekend. The registration fee will go up to $35 on September 1.

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
The trophy for Smash 4 and Mario Kart is coming along. Bowser is looking sick! I'll post up pictures of the finished version soon.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Any clue on what the Sm4sh ruleset is? I haven't looked too deep into this so if I seem like an idiot, sorry. :p

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
unfortunately not at the moment. we dont know all the stages that are going to be in smash 4 for the Wii U yet and how the pace of the game is going to be.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Im hoping to have doubles for each event. It's all time dependent. Though if there are doubles it will be paid for on site.

Last edited:

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Melee singles does not start until 6 PM on Saturday. KO, if you want (and have time) you can run doubles while Smash WiiU is going on. It would just have to be paid on site and would not have stream time allocated.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Heard about this yesterday at the Huntsville tournament, def going to show up, and looking forward to seeing some shenanigans for mk8

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I have one more question, hopefully not counting as a double post:

If Custom Moves are allowed, then would Miis be allowed as well? Even if they're just the guest miis?

KiT Vandy

Smash Apprentice
Some changes to the schedule via the mothership:
There is a change to the schedule. Street Fighter Pools will now be exclusively on Saturday – in its place on Friday we will run exhibitions (details TBA). We have also moved the BlazBlue finals to Saturday night. Lastly, Killer Instinct Pools will now be on Saturday and will be streamed by St_ultimate

This does have a small effect on the Smash stream: with Killer Instinct moving to Saturday that frees up all of Friday on SixfortyFive. The "Special Events" you see below for SixFortyFive will likely be all Doubles Events! Or dare I say...4v4?

Top Bottom