• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Eight Count : A New SSB4 Weekly in Westchester County !

Eight Count : A New SSB4 Weekly in Westchester County !
Posted by RosieTwoDutch
7 South Division Street , New Rochelle NY , 10805
Sunday, March 6, 2016 - 12:30 PM
Until: Sunday, March 6, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody . Been in this scene since the end of Melee and finally decided to start throwing my own events , something I always wanted to do . This is going to be the 2nd tournament , the first one was a complete success !

- Venue Fee = 2$
- Singles Tournament Entry Fee = 10$
- Doubles Entry Fee = 5$ per teammate
- We are running singles first , and then doubles . If enough people are down I usually like to throw fun side events just to keep it fresh .

TOURNAMENT RULES

- Double Eliminaion Bracket
- After taking 20% for the house the split is 45/25/10
- ( For Doubles , only 1st place gets payed out winning 80% of the total pot )
- All matches are best 2 out of three , while Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5
- 2 stock , 6 minutes ,
- ITEMS OFF
- NO CUSTOMS
- NO EQUIPMENT
- The only controllers you are allowed to use for this tournament are a Gamecube controller , a Pro Controller and a Wii-mote with a nunchuk . Anything else is not allowed .
- Mii Fighters are fine , any moveset is fine ( subject to change )
- NO COACHING ALLOWED ! ( Will be enforced )

STAGE PICKING

- You play Rock , Paper , Scissors and the winner strikes first .
- Winner of RPS strikes ( or picks a stage that can no longer be an option when choosing a stage to play on) 1 out of the 5 starter stages .
- Loser of RPS then strikes 2 of the remaining 4 starter stages
- Winner of RPS then chooses between the 2 remaining stages

AFTER THE FIRST GAME:
- Strikes RESET ; all 5 starter stages plus 2 new counterpicks to choose from
- Winner of the first game strikes 1 out of the now 7 stages
- Loser of the first game decides between the 6 remaining stages

IF THERE IS A GAME 3 :
- Same thing ; read AFTER THE FIRST GAME
- Omegas can be substituted for Final Destination ; if Final Destination is struck , so are Omegas
- When you are put in a situation where you pick what stage is played on , you cannot pick a stage you have already won on unless the other player agrees to it
VERY IMPORTANT - STAGE BAN(S) are decided FIRST , then characters are selected

STARTER STAGES
- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Town & City
- Dreamland 64

COUNTERPICK STAGES
- Lylat Cruise
- Duckhunt
- Kongo Jungle ( Doubles Only )

This Smash Tournament is being held at Champs Boxing Club in New Rochelle on 7 South Division Street . Parking is free on Sundays in the two lots at the venue , one across the street and one down a block.

M-Squared

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mylezy12
3DS FC
3909-8181-1769
No town and city or dreamland? And how many people are you expecting here?

jamesster445

Smash Lord
A scene that doesn't require me to drive 5 hours and pay tolls? I'll see you on Sunday

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
I just updated the event description , for a while I thought Smashboards didn't even post this . 1st tournament was a complete success , next one is on the 10th

M-Squared

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mylezy12
3DS FC
3909-8181-1769
From your last report it sounds really good. How many people entered? And I see the stagelist has been updated :)

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
18 people entered for our first tournament . All support is appreciated !

Last edited:

Penguin2424

Smash Rookie
Hey, I was thinking about coming to the next one, I was just wondering if there is an age restriction? Also, it mentioned about what controllers r allowed, does this mean we should bring our own?

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7
Are you guys planning on doing a melee, project m, or rivals of aether bracket or side event? much appreciated if you could get back to me on that ASAP... looking to go in the near future. Quote, reply, or PM me... Thanks!

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
Here we go :

P Penguin2424 - Great ! There is no age restriction . Yes , you should bring your own controller .

ZioSkills ZioSkills - If you pause you lose 1 stock , but most people will let it slide due to it being accident or the situation you both are in when you paused it . You cant quit mid match and change character , but if you lose the first or second match there is a process that gives you the option to change character .

iNSOMNIACssbm iNSOMNIACssbm As of right now no

Next tournament is being held on February 7th !

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
Im sorry to report that today's tournament has been cancelled due to issues with the venue . I want to personally apologize to anyone I may have inconvenienced by cancelling on such short notice . I will let everyone know when I have things straightened out . I am with you ,

Rose

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7
The 14th is certain though, correct? I can also bring a gamecube setup if you guys don't only want smash four. The DLC characters are included as well i assume

Last edited:

Emra

Smash Rookie
I am disappointed there was no one there for March 6

Last edited:

RosieTwoDutch

Smash Rookie
I have no idea how to end this threat . If someone reading this has that power , please make it stop !

See you around the world .

Top Bottom