• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 25, 2015] MegaManor X2 (Muskegon, Mi)

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
1728 Sanford Street
Muskegon, Mi 49441

Entry Information
$5 Venue*
$5 Entry Fee for Singles
$10 Entry Fee for Doubles
($5 per player)
A2 $2 Too-Good Tournament Series: Skullgirls
*Venue Fee is waived for a Full WiiU Setup only. You must stay through Sm4sh Doubles. (TV, WiiU, Game, Adapter)

Payouts
[collapse=<24 Entrants]
60% – First
30% – Second
10% – Third[/collapse]
[collapse=24-31 Entrants]
50% – First
25% – Second
15% – Third
10% – Fourth[/collapse]
[collapse=32-47 Entrants]
48% – First
24% – Second
12% – Third
8% – Fourth
4% – Fifth (x2)[/collapse]
[collapse=<48 Entrants]
45% – First
22% – Second
10% – Third
8% – Fourth
5% – Fifth (x2)
2.5% – Seventh x2[/collapse]
[collapse=A2 Tournament]
TBA
[/collapse]

Schedule
11 AM - Registration begins
1 PM – Sm4sh Singles Pools Wave 1
2 PM – Sm4sh Singles Pools Wave 2
3 PM – PM Doubles Bracket
4 PM – Sm4sh Singles Finals Pool
5 PM – Sm4sh Doubles Bracket
6 PM – PM Singles Pools Wave 1
7 PM – PM Singles Pools Wave 2
8 PM – PM Singles Finals Pool

Pools?
[collapse=Pools]
Pools grant a greater number of matches to all participants, and furthermore by using an ALL-POOLS format, the best players all get the chance at the prize, rather than Smasher A claiming first because they were able to avoid Smasher B because they met Smasher C in WF and Smasher C is capable of beating Smasher B where Smasher A cannot.

Depending on turnout, Pool Waves will have either 4 or 8 pools in which players will fight other Smashers in as much region-free conflict as possible. In 4-pool format, only the Top 2 will get out of the pool, creating two 4-man pools, in which again, Top 2 get out, creating the final 4 man pool.

Eight pools will progress similarly, with the first wave pulling the Top 2 performers out. This created four 4-man pools, in which only the Top Player in each pool gets out. These Top 4 players will then be placed in the Finals Pool.

In the event of a 2-way tie, the two plauyers will graduate into a new best of 3 set.
In the event of a 3-or-4-way tie, it causes a POOL RESET, where all four combatants must play out their pool again until a winner emerges. This is for the sake of preventing collusion.
[/collapse]

Rules
[collapse=General Rules]-Players who fail to report to their match within 10 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 15 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- BYOC
- Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
- Wireless controllers are discouraged due to interference and unreliability.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
- Any player is allowed to pick a stage they have already banned against an opponent.
- Any hacks or mods applied to a setup may be inspected by a TO, who reserves the right to have those hacks disabled if they are deemed inappropriate for tournament play.
- Team Attack ON[/collapse]
[collapse=Project: M Rules]
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* The TO staff reserves the right to change rulesets accordingly in the event of a new release at least two weeks before the tournament.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “122112″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash WiiU Rules]
  • 2 Stocks
  • 6 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack is On
  • Pause Disabled
  • The act of stalling is banned -- Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If a match ends with a Character’s suicide move, the player that initiated the suicide move, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Ganondorf, win the match regardless of what the results screen states.
  • If the game results in a Timeout the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in % it goes to a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.
  • LGL is 50, only used if a timeout happens.
  • Any Glitch that freezes the game is banned.
  • Equipment of any type is banned.
  • Custom Movesets are allowed and must be revealed before any game of the set.
  • Mii Fighters are allowed. This includes Piston Punch.
[/collapse]
Stages

[collapse=Project M Singles Stages]
Winner of previous game gets 2 Bans
Starter
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Lylat Cruise
- Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick
- Norfair
- Dreamland
- Green Hill Zone
- Wario Ware Inc.
- Final Destination
[/collapse]
[collapse=Project M Doubles Stages]
Winner of previous game gets 2 Bans
Starter
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Dreamland
- Distant Planet
Counterpick
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- Norfair
- Lylat Cruise
- Wario Ware Inc.
- Final Destination
[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash Wii U Stages]
Winner of previous game gets 2 bans
Starter Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege
Omega Stage *

* Note: Legal Omega Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Pyrosphere, Mushroom Kingdom U, Wii Fit Studio, Palutena's Temple, Smashville
* Note: banning Omega Stage bans all of them
* Note: If Smashville or Battlefield are banned on counterpick, their omega form is also banned.
*Omega's are banned with FD
[/collapse]

Housing
This is technically a house tournament. Find a spot and lay your head, we're housing everyone who needs to stay the night Friday/Saturday night.

*Note that the city of Muskegon will hand out Parking Tickets to those parked in the street past 2 AM. Please use the visitor parking at the hospital a block away if you plan on staying late.

Food
Food and drink are provided at the Manor. That is what the Venue Fee is for.

TO Contact Info
Solharath - [removed]

[collapse=Old Manor Information]
[collapse=Melee Rules]
- Items set to OFF and NONE.
- 4 stock, 8:00 timer.
- Sets are played best two out of three games, with all Semi-Finals and Finals matches being played best three of five.

Playing a Set
1. If there is a Port Priority dispute, use GnW Hammers.
2. Double Blind character selection if requested.
3. Highest port priority strikes first.
4. Strike order:
Melee: 1-2-2-1
[Play Game]
5. Winner bans stages. Bans may be reapplied per game.
6. Winner selects character.
7. Loser selects character and stage.
8. Repeat steps 5-8 until set is complete.

- Master Hand and other glitches are banned.
- Wobbling is allowed.
- Bans: Winner may ban one stage per game.
- Dave's Stupid Rule - Players may not counterpick any stage that they won on. This excludes Random.
- Gentleman's Clause - Players may play on any stage if agreed on by all players.
- If a game times out, the winner is determined by stock, and then percentage. If both stock and percentage are the same, the game should be replayed in full.
- If Sudden Death occurs at the end of the game, play a one stock, three minute game with the same characters and stage.[/collapse]
[collapse=Smash WiiU Rules]
  • 2 Stocks
  • 5 Minute Time Limit
  • No Items
  • Team Attack is On
  • Pause Disabled
  • The act of stalling is banned -- Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinite’s, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • If a match ends with a Character’s suicide move, the player that initiated the suicide move, Bowser, Kirby, Dedede, Ganondorf, win the match regardless of what the results screen states.
  • If the game results in a Timeout the player with the lower % wins. If both players are tied in % it goes to a 1 stock 3 minute tiebreaker.
  • LGL is 50, only used if a timeout happens.
  • Any Glitch that freezes the game is banned.
  • Equipment of any type is banned.
  • Custom Movesets are allowed and must be revealed before any game of the set.
  • Mii Fighters are allowed. This includes Piston Punch.
Stage Striking and Bans
  1. Highest seed strikes first
  2. 1-1 then you start on remaining stage.
  3. A stage may be agreed upon by both parties.
  4. At the end of the each match
  5. the winner may ban 1 stage (If FD is banned, all FD/Omega stages are banned as well).
  6. Loser announces counterpick stage
  7. Winner may change character, then loser may change character
  8. Game 2 commences
  9. Repeat above steps at end of Game 2 if a Game 3 happens.
  10. Every set, including finals, will only have 2 bans per player/team.
  11. Dave’s Stupid Rule, DSR, is on.
  12. You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Sultan of Smashers Rules]
* 3 stock, 5:00 minute timer.
* Turbo Mode, All-Star, Stamina set to ON.
* 220 HP
* Type 3 Stamina
* All items set to OFF and item frequency set to NONE.
* Input Assist set to OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Ditto Rule: You may not have any character on your team of three characters the same as any other character on your team.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

After each match:
1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
[/collapse]

Stages
[collapse=Smash 3DS Stages]- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story (Brawl)

Counterpick
- Tomadachi Life
- Arena Ferox
- Prism Tower[/collapse]

[collapse=Sultan of Smashers Stages]
Starter
- Battlefield
- Smashville
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Green Hill Zone
- Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
- Norfair
- Fountain of Dreams
- Final Destination
[/collapse]
[collapse=Melee Stages]- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams*(singles starter/doubles banned)
- Pokemon Stadium(singles counterpick/doubles starter)
- Kongo Jungle 64*(singles banned/doubles counterpick)[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Good to see someone finally straying from the APEX stages and experimenting with a new list. Unfortunately, I don't think I have any chance of attending, but good luck to everyone else!

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Due to conflicts with the MI Melee circuit, I'm moving this to June. Also, I am dropping Melee in favor of running a focused tournament as a trial for running a more time-friendly environment.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Plenty of states realize the APEX ruleset is not ideal, and was only put in place because of its simplicity for a large scale tournament. Smaller scenes can get away with new rulesets. Let's just try experimenting stagelists for now - it's an important summer, full of change and tournaments abound.

It's poor form to talk down at a new tournament series trying to get off the ground just for being something different.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
There's nothing wrong with experimenting with stagelists. I am not running a conventional stage list (as confirmable in the Lordyfest tournament page). There is no "correct" stagelist, but it's pretty obvious what stage aspects players prefer by looking at the endgame of 64, Melee, and Brawl. I never (explicitly) said you shouldn't run this ruleset, I just voiced my opinion that I think it's a bad stagelist. Plenty of other players echoed this idea when I talked to them at Tuesday (day of hype) Lordyfest. I am okay with seeing popular opinion on the 17th, but you have my prediction.

On second thought... Dracula's Castle for best starter :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
A preferable stage does not a fair stage make. I like a lot of APEX stages, and other ruleset stages, but in accordance to skill and being able to strike specific stage aspects usefully during the process, the APEX ruleset and all Bottom 7 starter lists are skewed in favor of established metagames and, more specifically, Spacies.

Heck, FD and DL are mostly considered starters because they're more of a spacie counter in the first place, and if we want to play with the idea that spacies don't dominate entirely like the community claims, we have to use a stagelist that reflects that. Now, I know that taking FD out as a starter would ruffle too many feathers, but removing two similar triangle stage setups for more unique and balanced stages seems a far more agreeable way to go.

Apologies if I seem to be speaking harshly in any way, but popular opinion can often not be trusted.

Last edited:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Lordyfest was my first real event, hopefully I'll be able to make it to this one as well.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I actually like the stage list aside from jungle and sky world cause they're both pretty campy stages IMO but still the experimentation is cool. Lylat should be a starter though IMO literally the only bad thing about it is the ledges but it's not worse than melee battlefield lol

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Due to work absolutely screwing with me(ask for Tue/Sat off, work Tue/Fri/Sat), I'm forced to move the times around. Because let's be honest, Tournaments that take place at the Manor are remembered more for the after party more than their tournaments. These are usually the epitome of what it means to go to a West MI tournament, so I hope everyone makes it out, and has Sunday morning off as well to really enjoy themselves.

I thought for sure this was edited when I did the facebook group, but phone editing + spotty wireless must have not gone through.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I've made it home from work and we've got a modest amount of bodies, sure are more to come. Remember, Laketon Avenue is still under construction, so it's best to come to this from Apple Avenue's exit.

Oh, and don't park in front of the house to the left of the Manor. They are very shouty people and will take any excuse to yell at us. Park across the street, please!

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Fixed it! It was a typo before, as it was meant for June, not July, but that's neither here nor there now. The initial post is getting a face lift for the next tournament, and the date has been changed.

LOE1

Smash Lord
I'll go if i can get a ride from someone in East MI thats going.

Daddys Kisses

Smash Rookie
Is this going to be on the same day as the Ann Arbor tournament? Because as much as I'd like to cheese in an easy victory against east Michigan, I don't think I could pass up a smash manor night.

Daddy will show up a little kinky, as is tradition.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Is this going to be on the same day as the Ann Arbor tournament? Because as much as I'd like to cheese in an easy victory against east Michigan, I don't think I could pass up a smash manor night.

Daddy will show up a little kinky, as is tradition.
$20 money match when we meet? :D

Daddys Kisses

Smash Rookie
It's about as last minute as you can get, but I'm offering a ride out for east Michigan folks. Shwick isn't coming, so I have four spots.

That also means I could use a doubles partner. I could float a level nine computer, though, and probably see better results than with Shwick. Right, guys?

Daddys Kisses

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts all around, from the floor of the manor. The hangover is real.

It never gets old to hear a room full of guys always refer to you as 'daddy'.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
That also means I could use a doubles partner. I could float a level nine computer, though, and probably see better results than with Shwick. Right, guys?
My Ganon will team with you. Shwick to Shwick to Side Shwick all day. And my Shwich to Schwik to Aerial Down Shwick is broken.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Updated Date. Rules are the same as last time.

I'm in talks with someone who wants me to help with the local convention to run an event on the 16th, so I may push the date somewhat here in a bit.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Put location in OP plz. Not just the event thing.

Also, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1668763026681384/

edit: also how are you going to have FoD as a starter but not FD especially when you have Battlefield and it seems your goal is to eliminate redundant stage structures from the Starter list?

Let stage striking work and include the variety of zero platforms in addition to one, two, three, and four.

Last edited:
Top Bottom