• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 12, 2015] Super Honor Strength SMASH! (Huntington NY)

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Thanks a bunch! As for the nair oos thing, I do actually use that a lot, but as I said I was off of my game (JOOOOOOHHNS). I'll definitely work on what you said, though.
You were a great DDD! Really impressive. Are you going tho the one this saturday?

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Okay, so I watched your set with Dandizzle who, ingeniously CP'd to WW, lol.

Overall, you're not half bad. I definitely see a lot of room for improvements. For example, I see that you were occasionally spacing Fairs in the neutral. Sure Fair has great range, but it also has a lot of end lag, and any good DD character is going to weave right past it and punish. Also, going off stage is very character based. You usually don't need to jump off fair Sheik, because you can punish her UpB landing lag by doing a standing get up and then just charge dsmash, grab, utilt, w/e you want.

Things to work on IMO would be spacing more with ftilts/dtilts and making sure you always keep waddles around (you seemed to do that), as they help in a ton of situations. D3 also has a great RAR with his fair, and a great nair OoS, so it would definitely be good to incorporate those. You went for a lot of shield grabs when you were obviously being crossed up which ended up with you getting punished. A nair OoS would typically cover this.

Just overall neutral game, and solidifying your punishes. Nothing was bad, just sometimes sub-optimal.

Edit: As a player, you're not bad. I think you're outside the range of top 10 LI, but not TOO far out, maybe close to top 20.
Exactly how do the rankings on LI work? If you were to guestimate my Snake/Zelda, where would i be? (In PM)

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Really cant hold the waiting against us. The events started very close to the times they were listed to begin. Same goes for the TOs not bringing smash 4 set ups. Want to buy me a Wii U? I'd gladly take it.

I was not made aware of an issue where anyone didn't play in an event they paid for. What exactly happened?
To be fair, the events did start quite a while later then planned (at least an hour). Also, Tock was not in fact entered, even though he did pay the TO. The first time I came here, I entered about 10-15 minutes before the tourney and I wasn't entered either. I did get a refund, however, I'm not sure about Tock. That was also a few months ago, so that happening more than once is a bad sign. Besides that, the tourney was fine.

Hey everyone, I'm a tourney newbie wanting to start on the Smash 4 Scene. Just wanted to ask a question about bringing a set up for Wii U. I have all the characters and stages plus a gamecube adapter, but I only have a HD Cable and not regular components. Would that work or should I pickup extra cables if I want to bring my set up?
I don't play Smash 4 so I'm not positive, but as long as you have a Wii U, the game, and an HDMI cable, you should be bring it. Also, try and bring a lagless monitor for it. It's not a problem if you don't bring one, but if you do it would help the tournament run much faster.

You were a great DDD! Really impressive. Are you going tho the one this saturday?
TOO MANY REPLIES FOR ONE POST! lol, but thanks :p. I'll try to go if I can, but as of right now it doesn't really seem like I can. I definitely want to start coming regularly, though

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
@ Boiko Boiko how do rankings work on LI and if you had to guess what where would i be? I main Snake/Zelda and when we played i took you down to last stock when i was zelda. What about Brawl? In the top ten right?

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
To be fair, the events did start quite a while later then planned (at least an hour). Also, Tock was not in fact entered, even though he did pay the TO. The first time I came here, I entered about 10-15 minutes before the tourney and I wasn't entered either. I did get a refund, however, I'm not sure about Tock. That was also a few months ago, so that happening more than once is a bad sign. Besides that, the tourney was fine.

I don't play Smash 4 so I'm not positive, but as long as you have a Wii U, the game, and an HDMI cable, you should be bring it. Also, try and bring a lagless monitor for it. It's not a problem if you don't bring one, but if you do it would help the tournament run much faster.

TOO MANY REPLIES FOR ONE POST! lol, but thanks :p. I'll try to go if I can, but as of right now it doesn't really seem like I can. I definitely want to start coming regularly, though
cool

Boiko

:drshrug:
@ Boiko Boiko how do rankings work on LI and if you had to guess what where would i be? I main Snake/Zelda and when we played i took you down to last stock when i was zelda. What about Brawl? In the top ten right?
LI rankings are all speculative until we finish full implementation of the GARPR Ranking System. Currently Hectohertz is working with others on an administrative panel that would allow us to seamlessly upload our brackets and run a mathematical algorithm to generate a numerical skill indicator.

I unfortunately, do not remember playing you. When/where was this? Regardless, I sometimes don't play hardcore and let people take games off of me, or take me to last stock, or whatever. It really doesn't mean anything until you take a set.

As far as top LI PM players go, in a very, very vague order (The top 5 is generally agreed, after that it's kind of a mess): Rolex, Boiko, Animal, Aklo, Killa Cubs, Codi, Ben Grimm, G$, Leelue, Kaeon, Darktooth, Bubbaking, Foxy Grandpa, Finch, Face, Vortex, Jamlosingthegame, Attack, Fantom, Vidiot...would all place above Hton's best.

I didn't include Raptor, Will and Eli because they're basically retired.

I don't know much about Brawl but I know LI is stacked with good brawl players including Vinnie, Raptor, ANTi, Dabuz, Will, and others..

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
LI rankings are all speculative until we finish full implementation of the GARPR Ranking System. Currently Hectohertz is working with others on an administrative panel that would allow us to seamlessly upload our brackets and run a mathematical algorithm to generate a numerical skill indicator.

I unfortunately, do not remember playing you. When/where was this? Regardless, I sometimes don't play hardcore and let people take games off of me, or take me to last stock, or whatever. It really doesn't mean anything until you take a set.

As far as top LI PM players go, in a very, very vague order (The top 5 is generally agreed, after that it's kind of a mess): Rolex, Boiko, Animal, Aklo, Killa Cubs, Codi, Ben Grimm, G$, Leelue, Kaeon, Darktooth, Bubbaking, Foxy Grandpa, Finch, Face, Vortex, Jamlosingthegame, Attack, Fantom, Vidiot...would all place above Hton's best.

I didn't include Raptor, Will and Eli because they're basically retired.

I don't know much about Brawl but I know LI is stacked with good brawl players including Vinnie, Raptor, ANTi, Dabuz, Will, and others..
Cool. We played at Huntington before These Honor strength Smash tournaments came. As for brawl, i wouldn't count myself out but PM. Definetly thank you for explaining and i dont recall you sandbagging. You went pretty pro but never the less i didn't take a set off you. I was not trying to imply that i was better than you or anything but i just wanted to us an example is all. Hope you didn't take offense to that:)

Boiko

Cool. We played at Huntington before These Honor strength Smash tournaments came. As for brawl, i wouldn't count myself out but PM. Definetly thank you for explaining and i dont recall you sandbagging. You went pretty pro but never the less i didn't take a set off you. I was not trying to imply that i was better than you or anything but i just wanted to us an example is all. Hope you didn't take offense to that:)
I never take offense to anything ever, lol.
Next time we play I'll show up. Show you why I've never lost an HSS tournament. ;)

Last edited:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
I'll have a word with Damon (Assistant TO) about missing entrants...but guys, it's not 100% his fault. I've tried to keep the entry line orderly in the past, but everyone crowds around the poor guy and shoves cash in his face and immediately walks away to play friendlies. Respect that he has to process all of your entries. Wait your turn and don't just throw money at him while he's dealing with other people. Do this and we should have no issues going forward.

I trust Damon to do sign-ups while I attend to every other matter for these things. If there is an issue PLEASE COME TO ME and I will find a resolution that makes everyone happy. If I need to personally handle sign-ups in the future I will, but I'm confident in Damon's abilities and that these are rare mess ups on his part.

ALSO

@ 1Flow 1Flow Less spam buddy, combine your posts

@ L Pag L Pag , @ Boiko Boiko is gonna stomp you. AND no, the latest event was Smash 4 running 30 minuutes late as 15 of the 20 entrants walked in at the time we were supposed to start. I keep track of these things and try to run efficient events, please don't just assume negative things about my event, especially when you get the payout -_-

@Omegaphoenix Optimally we need a wii U, adapter, HDMI cable, Smash with unlocks, and a lagless TV. Private message me if you'd like to discuss further.

@TOCK KNOCK If you're not coming back, I get it, but at least respond or PM me so I can know your version of what happened so I can prevent it in the future if it was indeed our fault.

Boiko

TBH I've only had one negative experience with HSS tournaments and it was just a matter of events overlapping too much. Basically, Smash 4 wasn't able to proceed due to PM holding it up and vice versa. It wasn't dramatic, but I definitely ended up staying later than I wanted to.

Outside that, I know Rubba does his best to make sure matches are being played at the right time on certain set ups. He's generally more organized than other TO's, but the venue definitely limits some of the flexibility.

I don't remember the start times off the top of my head, but maybe it would help to start Smash 4 an hour after PM. Since PM is generally smaller, as it finishes up, people will be free to play their Smash 4 matches.

If this is already the case, then, uh..hi. :)

Edit: Just checked the times, it's 2 hours later, LOL. I haven't been to one of these in a while. I'M SURE THE OVERLAP DOESN'T HAPPEN ANYMORE. SORRY GUYS.

Last edited:

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Where are you from? I'm going to FG this Saturday and POSSIBLY HSS the week after if Rubba can guarantee a quick tournament.
I live near Lake Ronkonkoma, and I'm not too sure if I can go this week, sadly.
I'll have a word with Damon (Assistant TO) about missing entrants...but guys, it's not 100% his fault. I've tried to keep the entry line orderly in the past, but everyone crowds around the poor guy and shoves cash in his face and immediately walks away to play friendlies. Respect that he has to process all of your entries. Wait your turn and don't just throw money at him while he's dealing with other people. Do this and we should have no issues going forward.

I trust Damon to do sign-ups while I attend to every other matter for these things. If there is an issue PLEASE COME TO ME and I will find a resolution that makes everyone happy. If I need to personally handle sign-ups in the future I will, but I'm confident in Damon's abilities and that these are rare mess ups on his part.

ALSO

@ 1Flow 1Flow Less spam buddy, combine your posts

@ L Pag L Pag , @ Boiko Boiko is gonna stomp you. AND no, the latest event was Smash 4 running 30 minuutes late as 15 of the 20 entrants walked in at the time we were supposed to start. I keep track of these things and try to run efficient events, please don't just assume negative things about my event, especially when you get the payout -_-

@Omegaphoenix Optimally we need a wii U, adapter, HDMI cable, Smash with unlocks, and a lagless TV. Private message me if you'd like to discuss further.

@TOCK KNOCK If you're not coming back, I get it, but at least respond or PM me so I can know your version of what happened so I can prevent it in the future if it was indeed our fault.
Shoulda been more specific, this event was realativley on time but previous ones I've attended have been quite late. Sorry bout that.
(also, about the stomp comment, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE DEE)

EDIT: my poor grammar ;_;

Last edited:

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Yeah I'll probably be there Saturday. and sorry 1flow Long Island has a lot of high level brawl players so I don't see you in the top 10 tbh :^(

RareSpark

Smash Rookie
Most likely will be there, and I'm 99% sure I'll be bringing a full setup for Smash 4. I'm just going to test out the lag on it tomorrow with some friends and see what they think of it.

steelguttey

mei is bei
in pm? sure.

i dont play smash 4 so im not gonna take you up on that deal

and if you want, i'll do it in zelda dittos. but you can play what you want

Last edited:

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
I'm gonna try and make it this week, but do you guys sell replacement AV cables for wiis at the venue? I seem to have lost mine :/

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
in pm? sure.

i dont play smash 4 so im not gonna take you up on that deal

and if you want, i'll do it in zelda dittos. but you can play what you want
If i am able to attend than sure:) I didn't mean this as an attack just to let you know simply as a response:)

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
This week should have a large PM turnout with community people home from school.

Also remember, if anyone comes even semi-regularly feel free to join our facebook group "Huntington Smash Community"

steelguttey

mei is bei
just gonna post here to reserve my venue fee spot. bringing that wii so i can get dat venue fee $$$

EDIT: just gonna post this here (was on facebook page before this)

so uh how about having a money match gauntlet before the tournament saturday? everyone seems to be coming down this time so it would be cool for call outs to be settled.

me and 1flow is already arranged so if anyone else wants to jump on that hype train then get on it

(remember you a ***** if you dont tag anyone use that @ button boys)

Last edited:

Boiko

Any way we can get PM singles to start even a half an hour earlier? Or at least super expedite the finish time. I need to dip BY 5.

@ Rubba Prime Rubba Prime

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
just gonna post here to reserve my venue fee spot. bringing that wii so i can get dat venue fee $$$

EDIT: just gonna post this here (was on facebook page before this)

so uh how about having a money match gauntlet before the tournament saturday? everyone seems to be coming down this time so it would be cool for call outs to be settled.

me and 1flow is already arranged so if anyone else wants to jump on that hype train then get on it

(remember you a ***** if you dont tag anyone use that @ button boys)
Remeber i might not be able to go. it looks likely that i will be able to though:):disco:

Rubba Prime

Smash Apprentice
@ Boiko Boiko , Im assuming you heard about our little incident last week. With the starting time so early many people barely make it or request I hold up the event to accommodate them. Right now I can only guarantee that we will do our best to start on time and run efficiently, but changing the times wouldn't be a wise decision to make, all things considered.

L Pag

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2191-7643-9888
Some stuff came up, I don't think I can go this week T^T
Maybe next week

Top Bottom