• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Gate City Smash: Melee Bi-Weeklies

Gate City Smash: Melee Bi-Weeklies
Posted by BEHR
Geeksboro Coffeehouse and Cinema
Sunday, July 3, 2016 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, July 3, 2016 - 08:30 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

BEHR

Smash Hero
***THIS IS A MELEE ONLY TOURNAMENT EVENT***
***TOs:BEHR & RP| Sneak***
***Steamers:Quasar & Grave***

Prices:

Venue Fee: 5$
Melee Singles: 5$
Melee Doubles:10$(Per Team/5$ Per Individual)

Schedule:
12:00 PM: Doors Open and Registration for Doubles and Singles Begin
1:15 PM: Registration for Doubles Closes/Last call for Doubles
1:30 PM: Doubles Bracket Begins
3:15 PM: Doubles Finishes/Registration for Singles Closes/Last Call For Singles/Lunch Break
3:45 PM: Singles Bracket Begins
8:30 Singles Finished

*Schedule is tentative, and can change before the tournament date.

Venue Polices:
-Outside Food is allowed, only downstairs tho for tournament goers. Drinks are sold in the venue
-Treat the venue owners and the venue itself with respect.
-Venue also has a wide variety on their menu of foods and drinks(beer,coffee,milkshakes)

TO Policies:
-PLEASE DO NOT GO BEHIND THE TO STATION,EVEN IF ITS TO REPORT A MATCH WAIT FOR A TO TO REPORT IT.
-DO NOT PLAY MATCHES A HEAD OF TIME.
-If I see any violations of this you will be DQ'ed.(I will give you up to 2 warnings) Multiple Violations of this can result in a ban from the tournament venue/series.

Setup Waive Policy:
We have all the TVs we need(15). For the event on 1/17, we estimate using around 12 TVs. So all we need are Cubes/Wii+Melee. Doing so will get you a 2.50 Drink Voucher that you can use to purchase a drink off the Geeksboro Menu.

Melee RulesSet:
Melee Game Settings
Stocks: 4 stocks
Time Limit: 8:00 minutes

Melee Stagelist
Neutral: (Singles)

Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick: (Singles)
Pokémon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium

Melee Details:
Stage Striking-Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral stagelist until there is one stage remaining. The player or team without port priority strikes first. Then the other player/team strikes two stages. Then the player/team with port priority strikes one more stage and the remaining stage is used for the first game of the set.

Stage Bans-After each game of the set, before counterpicking, the player who won the previous game may ban one stage from the stagelist. This rule is not in effect for best-of-5 sets. All stage bans affect both players, meaning players who banned a stage may NOT counterpick that stage themselves later in the set.

Stage Clause-A player/team may not counterpick any stage they previously won on during the set.

DQs- If you are called for a match and dont show up for it in 15 minutes since being called you will lose the first game,you will get another 5 minutes and if you still dont show up you will lose the set. (I will be somewhat lenient if you dont hold up the bracket or let me or Sneak know where you are at)

Payouts:
<8 : 70%/30% OR 70%/30%
<32: 60%/30%/10%
<48: 50%/25%/15%/10%
<64: 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%

BEHR

Smash Hero
Question: Is it possible to spectate this?
Yea, you will just have to pay Venue Fee.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The tourney date that is Scheduled on 1/31 will be on 1/30 now. It switched from a Sunday to a Saturday just for that weekend. We will go back to sundays after the 30th.

InfiniteThoronz

Smash Cadet
Yea, you will just have to pay Venue Fee.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

The tourney date that is Scheduled on 1/31 will be on 1/30 now. It switched from a Sunday to a Saturday just for that weekend. We will go back to sundays after the 30th.
Thank you

Fyrefox

Smash Cadet
How many people typically attend these tournaments on average? I live about two hours away from Greensboro, and have had an itch to play in some tournaments.

BEHR

Smash Hero

The Mad Scientist

Smash Rookie
where do we register? also does anyone want to team with me i play falcon, and falco
I'm curious to know as well, do we register at the event itself? I'd hate to get there on July 3rd and had already driven 2 hours to find out the spots are full lol. I'll just get there early then. And sorry Ryan, i'm already with a partner.

Top Bottom