• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Sep 10, 2015] Ganon's Gauntlet CGTC- Smash 4 Wii-U/Melee Weekly (Lewisville, TX)

Jah Sez

Smash Rookie
this sounds like a pretty fun thing to go to. i may not come this week but i definitely want to get more involved in north texas smash!

Latimew

Smash Rookie
This weekly is every week on Thursday, prizes go to top3 or more depending on attendance, and if you would like to use a pro controller i have no problem bringing mine.
Thanks for the reply! My friend and I will definitely be there this Thursday. Oh, and don't worry about the controller thing, I'll just use my Wii-mote.

Shandrong

Smash Rookie
Is this tournament still in the anime armory? also is there age restrictions me and my brother would love to come and smash this Thursday

Last edited:

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Is this tournament still in the anime armory? also is there age restrictions me and my brother would love to come and smash this Thursday
Still at the armory, address is in the description, no age restriction man. If language or player attitude is unsportsman like/too mature for your brother just ask me and i,ll make sure players behave.

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
Do the the Melee and Sm4sh tourneys run at the same time, or does one start when the other ends? If the latter, in what order are the tourneys? Also, does this event usually end earlier than 1:00am?

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Do the the Melee and Sm4sh tourneys run at the same time, or does one start when the other ends? If the latter, in what order are the tourneys? Also, does this event usually end earlier than 1:00am?
Smash4 at 7:30, then Melee at 8
and depening on attendance we try to end both around 10:30

3mangos Celestia

Smash Rookie
NNID
chris-frost
Bro last weeks melee was hype, probably gonna be back this Thursday, working on my Falco ;)
- Vinyl

Dakpo

Smash Lord
this sounds like a pretty fun thing to go to. i may not come this week but i definitely want to get more involved in north texas smash!
Are you a part of brothers in smash on facebook? That's where all the north Texas players are

IVIr.G

Smash Cadet
What time do people usually get there to get some friendlies in? When IaB was there we would get friendlies in around 6ish. Just wondering when a good time to show up to get some matches in would be.

DPM15

Smash Cadet
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. I'm pleased to report that today may be my lucky day. I might be playing tonight.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
What time do people usually get there to get some friendlies in? When IaB was there we would get friendlies in around 6ish. Just wondering when a good time to show up to get some matches in would be.
anytime past 5:30 i guess, may not have alot of setups before tournament but your more than welcome to come in and play

D-M0N3Y

Smash Rookie
I have recently lost access to my DPM15 account. This is my new and improved smashboards account. Hopefully, the weather tonight won't get in the way of tomorrow's event.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Yo guys, Tournament is still happening tonight!! 64 starts around 6:45, Smash4 at 7, and Melee at 7:30

D-M0N3Y

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I know y'all might wondering "what happened to D-M0N3Y?" Truth is, my dad was with me, and he had gotten extremely paranoid about the place and he was saying that it was sketch and what not. The only reason I went back home with him was simply so there wouldn't be a scene or anything. Also, my parents don't want anywhere even near the place. Whatever "vibe" he got, I would not be able to pick up on. I am sorry I had to go so suddenly. More than likely unless I see you guys at some other tournament, I probably wouldn't expect y'all to hear from me again. If it helps, I would have stayed if not for my parents being overly paranoid at times. Once again, I am really sorry about this.

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Hey guys, I know y'all might wondering "what happened to D-M0N3Y?" Truth is, my dad was with me, and he had gotten extremely paranoid about the place and he was saying that it was sketch and what not. The only reason I went back home with him was simply so there wouldn't be a scene or anything. Also, my parents don't want anywhere even near the place. Whatever "vibe" he got, I would not be able to pick up on. I am sorry I had to go so suddenly. More than likely unless I see you guys at some other tournament, I probably wouldn't expect y'all to hear from me again. If it helps, I would have stayed if not for my parents being overly paranoid at times. Once again, I am really sorry about this.
Its no problem man, we were trying to look for you and realized the situation- i do know the store looks sketchy and needs alot of work but its in the middle of re-ownership so there is a lot of visual changes going on. If there is anything i can do to help you attend tournaments man just let me know, i am not in control of how the store is run or presented right now, but i try my best to let people have the best experience they can for Smash Bros. i was very busy last night so i couldn't attend to every thing personally, but let me know anything I can do.

PinkMoon

Smash Rookie
Do yall play pm? And about how many people show up to these things? I'm new to the scene.

EpicB13

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicB13
3DS FC
3609-2226-8519
I had an amazing time tonight. I may have lost, but the experience realty helped me improve and made me happy. I'll definitely come back during the summer months.

Mr. Satan

Smash Rookie
NNID
N/A
3DS FC
3609-2065-4674
so just to double check incase google maps is playing me the fool. This place is located on the corner of garden rigde, and main street?

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
so just to double check incase google maps is playing me the fool. This place is located on the corner of garden rigde, and main street?
Yes, the name of the store changed to Sanctuary Gamers Refuge on the maps but the store front still has Milo's Anime Armory around it

Last edited:

Mr.Tootles

Smash Rookie
Would this be for anyone of any skill level? Or is it more for new or experienced players?

GBmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rengi67
Would this be for anyone of any skill level? Or is it more for new or experienced players?
These tournaments cater to all levels of skill, keep in mind the structure is competitive but we welcome anyone wanting to play or get better at smash

Mr.Tootles

Smash Rookie
We encourage people playing smash more than competing, so if you just wanna play friendlies paying the venue fee is all you need to do
Alright, thank you for answering my question. And thank you for letting me know about the friendlies.

MonkeyBird

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1143-7158
So I just show with up my trusty controller, pay some money, and get in on some competitive smash?

Last edited:

MonkeyBird

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1143-7158
Stupid Question : I have the 3DS version, will I be able to use it as a controller or do I need to bring a gamecube one?

I hope it's usable because I haven't used the gamecube one in so long and it feels so foreign now.

Top Bottom