• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Apr 23, 2015] Atx Sanctum Weeklies!!! (Austin Tx)

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
If you stay until later in bracket, there will be plenty of time for friendlies. However, when it is earlier in bracket, the TOs need to use every setup available in order to finish the tournament at a reasonable time. Also, the tournament this week will have pools, so you are guaranteed more games than you are with a straight bracket. In addition to pools, there will be a single-elimination amateur bracket for everyone who doesn't make it out of pools. If you win the amateur bracket, you don't get a cash prize, but you get to choose what pool you are in for the next monthly.

Last edited:

Grime.

Smash Apprentice
@ J jotun This week we are running pools so your guaranteed 5-7 matches. Other than that friendlies are played before tournament. When the tourney starts we usually need all the tvs

jotun

Smash Ace
Neat. I'll try to make it.

Is 7pm the actual tournament start time, or is that just when you expect people to start showing up? How late do these usually run?

Sizeable D

Smash Rookie
Neat. I'll try to make it.

Is 7pm the actual tournament start time, or is that just when you expect people to start showing up? How late do these usually run?
7pm is when people start showing up and setting up. It'll typically run until midnight, maybe a bit later.

sos246

Smash Journeyman
So who wants to team with me this Thursday??? I've got a master sword so we basically can't lose. :p

Last edited:

HOLYFRIEDMONKEY

Smash Rookie
Well the majority of us that host can only do it Thursdays. We are going to have tournaments in the future on the weekends to try and bring some other cities here
I'm from San Marcos and I sadly work until weekends. Any projections of how soon a weekend thing going down? (Just recently joined smashboards)

waveshine?

Smash Rookie
Hey this is really cool ive been looking for a weekly tourney so this is really cool but i only have one prob i go to school on friday so how late am i gonna be out?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
You can also just come for friendlies before the tournament starts around 6:00 until the tournament starts around 8. The first people with setups to get there usually arrive and setup at about 6-6:30ish every Thursday.

Inverted reflex

Best smasher in my house
This happening the this next thursday? (jan 8th) Also since this is my first time going to this weekly, is showing up at around 6:30 good?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
There will be round robin pools, then a double elimination bracket for the people who made it out of pools. There will also be an amateur bracket for those who don't make it out of pools which will be single elimination

Last edited:

PZ Crawfish

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm really new to the smash scene and I was going to try and make it out this week, I was wondering if it would be cool for me to take pictures during the tournament? Its cool if it isn't, its just for a school assignment.

Soul Comet

Smash Rookie
NNID
SoulComet
3DS FC
2208-6139-0078
lol is it Weekly Friday's? I was reading the threads and people were saying it's weekly Thursdays so I'm not sure anymore.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Hey I'm really new to the smash scene and I was going to try and make it out this week, I was wondering if it would be cool for me to take pictures during the tournament? Its cool if it isn't, its just for a school assignment.
Most people are probably fine with it. Just find one of the TOs and ask if it's cool with them

lol is it Weekly Friday's? I was reading the threads and people were saying it's weekly Thursdays so I'm not sure anymore.
It's Thursdays

Top Bottom