• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Jan 17, 2015] Final Battle - MVD/Nakat/Nairo/ESAM/Denti! Register Online! (Los Angeles, CA)

D

Deleted member

We want to make this a really big tournament as a first for Smash 4 and to continue the series for Brawl. Please support/attend!

Special Attendees announced soon!

More info TBA

If you guys want to set up a booth or something selling controllers, artwork, or any merchandise, contact me via PM!

Price (subject to change):
Venue Fee (w/ registration): $7
Venue Fee (w/o registration): $10
Smash 4 Wii U Singles: $10
Smash 4 Wii U Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Smash 4 Wii U 4v4:TBD

Discounts:
$5 off venue fee if you bring a FULL SETUP (tv+wii/wii u) and we use it.

Schedule: coming soon!

Payouts

Singles Pro Bracket Payout:
1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
**If there are less than 60 entrants payout will be to top 6.**

Top 6 Payout:
1st: 48% of pot
2nd: 22% of pot
3rd: 14% of pot
4th: 8% of pot
5th: 4% of pot
5th: 4% of pot

Doubles Payout
1st: 58% of pot
2nd: 28% of pot
3rd: 9% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Stream: www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments

Brawl Rules:

Bring your own controller.

Settings:
3 stocks
8 minute timer
Items set to off and none
Team Attack On
Pause Off*
No aesthetic hacks*

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Gameplay:
•Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of five.
•All other sets are best of three.
•Timeout victories are determined by stock count, ledge grab limit (50 for every character except Metaknight, who has 35 ledge grabs), percent.
•Double Meta Knight is banned in teams.
•Any action that can prevent the game from continuing is banned (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, stalling under the stage, etc.).

Conduct:
•Tournament attendees are expected to maintain respectful conduct towards other attendees and players (i.e. not knocking players, yelling in ears, etc.).
•Tournament attendees are expected to respect the venue, equipment, and other's property; and liable for any damages they render.
•Coaching is allowed only between games.
•Bracket manipulation is not allowed (intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, subbing).
•Wii Remote must have batteries removed when not playing.

All other inquiries and issues are determined at the discretion of the TO. Failure to adhere to rules will lead to punishment at the TO's choosing, which could include the removal from the venue.

First game procedure:*
-Players determine who chooses port and who chooses stage strike order, if necessary by coin flip (or other method agreed to by players)
-Players choose port, alternating between teams in doubles.
-Players strike stages in alternating order:
1 strike - 2 strikes - 1 strike

After each game:*
-Players may counter pick the next stage and controller port after a game loss.
-Players may strike the last stage they lost on during their opponents counter pick.
-Players may (additionally) strike another stage during their opponents counter pick.

In the event of a tie, a 1 stock 3 minute lgl 10 match will be played to determine the winner.

*per request by player

Smash 4 Wii U Rules
2 Stocks
6 Minute Timer
Team Attack on
Custom moves banned
Mii Fighters banned

Stagelist *subject to change as the Wii U draws closer*

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Castle Siege
Town and City
**if you ban FD, you ban all forms of FD.**

for more info:
Facebook Event Page

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, so I am going to change things up a little bit again.
Payment will be at the door, however, registration will be online (if you've been to the other Temple tournaments you know how this will be done). Registration will not be mandatory, however the venue fee will change depending on if you registered or not.

Venue with registration: $7
Venue without registration: $10

Also I worked out things with the venue owner, the 1st 10 who bring their full setups wont get it completely waived, but they will get $5 off venue.
So...
Venue with registration AND full setup: $2
Venue without registration AND with full setup: $5

Full Setup=Wii U+Adapter

Its very simple. All you need to do is register on the Google Form and your done! Make sure your there early with your setups!!

Register here: http://goo.gl/forms/ohezxMeGu9

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Buummmp!! We have many OOS players looking into this as MVD/Nakat were confirmed, and Keitaro, Nairo, and Shaky are all looking to attend!

D

Deleted member

Yes. Clashtournaments is looking to come out to this to stream.

D

Deleted member

I'll be updated soon, but looking like $10 venue/entry

D

Deleted member

Subject to change but I dont want any customizations what so ever, and its too much of hassle to get a standard mii going. Because its unfair if you have a heavier/lighter Mii, so its going to be banned.

D

Deleted member

Well, he lives in SoCal, so it's implied that he probably is. I'll get a confirmation on that.

D

Deleted member

FOW, ZeRo, and Denti are looking to come out. That adds to the hype!

D

Deleted member

Its not final. I'm just putting a stagelist out there for now so I can condense it a little later.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I live near LA, so I have no problem driving down to this. Can't say for sure what I'll be doing two months for now, but I'll definitely consider this.

Devery

Smash Rookie
I'm really looking forward to this tournament I got a friend who's joining me in coming to this tournament and where some what close to LA as well and will be our first tournament

GruntMasher117

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers, I have been playing Super smash bros. since Melee but i have only played with friends locally and by myself. I feel like taking my skills to the next level and to enter local tornaments and to have fun with other players. I have dreamed of entering a tornament and I would love to enter this event with my buddy Brandon who will assist me in team battles in this event. I hope we will enjoy this event and to also look further into this because we will be completly new to this. Also are we allowed to bring food and beverages to this fight because we will probably be starving. lol

hope to see all of you soon there.

Last edited:

GruntMasher117

Smash Rookie
I'm really looking forward to this tournament I got a friend who's joining me in coming to this tournament and where some what close to LA as well and will be our first tournament
Same here man I hope we will have a great time there. Maybe we will have a little fight between our two groups. lol

D

Deleted member

Hello fellow smashers, I have been playing Super smash bros. since Melee but i have only played with friends locally and by myself. I feel like taking my skills to the next level and to enter local tornaments and to have fun with other players. I have dreamed of entering a tornament and I would love to enter this event with my buddy Brandon who will assist me in team battles in this event. I hope we will enjoy this event and to also look further into this because we will be completly new to this. Also are we allowed to bring food and beverages to this fight because we will probably be starving. lol

hope to see all of you soon there.
Yup, you'll be allowed to bring food! Theres also food places nearby so you can get food there. Make sure not to be out getting food while matches are being called though because you may miss your match. I'd suggest getting food before the event starts or asking the host if it is alright if you go get food.

Also if anyone's wondering, my buddy and I are fighting in Brawl. Who else is doing Brawl?
I myself will be entering Brawl :) Alot of people will be entering too, so hope you look forward to it and I look forward to meeting new people!

D

Deleted member

Clash Tournaments is 100% confirmed for this! Expect an awesome stream for this event!

GruntMasher117

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply Zan- I read the rules to better understand the way how it's going to go. But I don't understand the "Ledge grab limit" part. Is it how many times you can grab onto a ledge in one game or is it what percent you have to be at to be allowed to grab a ledge? But I do look forward to this tournament.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the reply Zan- I read the rules to better understand the way how it's going to go. But I don't understand the "Ledge grab limit" part. Is it how many times you can grab onto a ledge in one game or is it what percent you have to be at to be allowed to grab a ledge? But I do look forward to this tournament.
It is how many times you can grab the ledge in one game, but only applies if you go to time. If you go over the limit and do not go to time, then its fine; however if you have exceeded the ledge grab limit and you go to time, that match will count against you.

D

Deleted member

Quick question is it possible to sign up for singles and double tournament me and my buddy plan on doing both?
As of right now there isnt. All you need to do is show up the day of and register at the venue. Looking forward to seeing all these new faces :)

Top Bottom