• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Pray "2" Win (Smash 4)

Pray "2" Win (Smash 4)
Posted by Snow Black
Detroit First Church of the Nazarene
Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack

Information:
It is my pleasure to announce Pray to Win 2! (Pray 2 Win) We're finally back with the next event in the series. On January 16th, we return to the Detroit First Church of the Nazarene for another Smash 4 event! Learning from the last event we aim to provide an amazing tournament featuring Smash 4 singles and doubles. Michigan's own GooshiGaming will be streaming the event! More information will be posted as the tournament nears, so check back for updates!

Prices:
We're going to be charging a $5 venue fee, which will be refunded at the end of the event for anyone who brings a setup! Setups are super important in ensuring that the event runs smoothly and on time, and makes it more fun for everyone. More fun, less spending, who wouldn't want to bring a setup? Singles will be $5 per person, and doubles will be $10 ($5 per team member).

Payouts:
First - 40%
Second - 25%
Third - 15%
Fourth - 10%
Fifth - 5% / Fifth 5%
Payouts will be adjusted dependent on the amount of entrants

Schedule (Tentative):
10:00am - Doors Open
12:00pm - Doubles Bracket Begins
3:00pm - Singles Bracket Begins

Rules for Singles
2 Stock, 6 Minutes
Customs off
Equipment Banned
Miis Banned
Double Elimination
----------
Stages
• Starters
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Town & City
• Counterpicks
- Duck Hunt
- Dreamland 64

Full ruleset can be found here
, with some small changes.
Alcohol is not allowed inside the venue!
Please bring setups! We will need them to effectively run the event and finish on time.
All tournament sets will be best of 3, excluding winner's, loser's and grand finals which will be best of 5.

Contact Information:
Justin "SnowBlack" Tolbert - (248) 513-7012 | jutolbert@novischools.net
Jeremy "Nibble" Warner - https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.warner.5
Keith "Shekels" Kosten - (248) 986-7374 | keithkosten@gmail.com

ToneDeaf

Smash Rookie
Definitely going to do my best to attend! What time does registration end? I'm coming back from a small road trip that day and will be able to make it there at around 2:30, could that work?

Hell2U

Smash Rookie
So while Doubles are going on, Single friendlies will go on as well? Or will the doubles take up all the Wii Us? I'm planning on attending, just want to know.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Definitely going to do my best to attend! What time does registration end? I'm coming back from a small road trip that day and will be able to make it there at around 2:30, could that work?
According to the Facebook event, the schedule appears as follows.

10:00am - Doors Open - Singles and Doubles registration opens
11:50am - Doubles registration closes
12:00pm - Doubles Bracket Begins
2:50pm - Singles registration ends
3:00pm - Singles Bracket Begins

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
You should be there in time for singles at 2:30 :)
So while Doubles are going on, Single friendlies will go on as well? Or will the doubles take up all the Wii Us? I'm planning on attending, just want to know.
Maybe once we get further in the bracket, tournament matches always have priority over friendlies

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hello, I'm coming with a friend and we are excited about the tournament. Can you tell me how many people were at the last one? Thanks!

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
Hello, I'm coming with a friend and we are excited about the tournament. Can you tell me how many people were at the last one? Thanks!
Last time we had 35 entrants for singles. We're looking to be getting more like 45-60 people this time!

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
Awesome! Thanks for answering. Btw, are ClassicControllerPros (or anything connected to a wii mote) allowed? Just wanted to check.
Yes they're fine, but please make sure you disconnect your controller from the setup after playing so that others may use the setup after without interference.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Hey TOs, I just wanted to thank you for an awesome event. I know you had gotten some flack about the running times and all that, but considering the fact that this was only the second iteration of the tourney and your attendance doubled since last time, I think everything went well (15-20 mins behind really isn't that bad, imho). My friend and I were also very thankful for a comfortable environment to play in for our first tournament. I think we'll want to train up and visit some smaller locals before we come again, but we'll certainly come to more of these in the future.

Also for the future, I was wondering if we could donate to your church's youth program? I was going to ask about it while I was there, but you all seemed quite busy and we had to leave early.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and don't feel bad about mispronouncing my name; everyone usually misses it the first couple times. That was the first time I've heard that particular pronunciation, but it's all good. It can help to break the ice at times, haha.

Last edited:

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
Hey TOs, I just wanted to thank you for an awesome event. I know you had gotten some flack about the running times and all that, but considering the fact that this was only the second iteration of the tourney and your attendance doubled since last time, I think everything went well (15-20 mins behind really isn't that bad, imho). My friend and I were also very thankful for a comfortable environment to play in for our first tournament. I think we'll want to train up and visit some smaller locals before we come again, but we'll certainly come to more of these in the future.

Also for the future, I was wondering if we could donate to your church's youth program? I was going to ask about it while I was there, but you all seemed quite busy and we had to leave early.

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh, and don't feel bad about mispronouncing my name; everyone usually misses it the first couple times. That was the first time I've heard that particular pronunciation, but it's all good. It can help to break the ice at times, haha.
I'm glad you had fun at the event! It was the second tournament I've ever hosted and I'm glad you think it went well. The name thing was funny too haha, Nibble was doing his best to call the matches. I'm not sure what you mean by the donation thing though, did you mean for the TOs to donate to the church, or the participants?

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm glad you had fun at the event! It was the second tournament I've ever hosted and I'm glad you think it went well. The name thing was funny too haha, Nibble was doing his best to call the matches. I'm not sure what you mean by the donation thing though, did you mean for the TOs to donate to the church, or the participants?
I meant for participants (myself specifically) to donate directly (and separately) to the church, if that's possible. I wasn't sure if the tournament organizers were at all affiliated with the church or if it was simply an open venue.

Snow Black

Smash Cadet
NNID
sn0wblack
I meant for participants (myself specifically) to donate directly (and separately) to the church, if that's possible. I wasn't sure if the tournament organizers were at all affiliated with the church or if it was simply an open venue.
Ohh I see. I personally don't have much to do with the church besides this but, one of the TOs, Nibble, actively attends and knows more about that than me. He doesn't use smashboards much so I'll find out and get back to you!

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Ohh I see. I personally don't have much to do with the church besides this but, one of the TOs, Nibble, actively attends and knows more about that than me. He doesn't use smashboards much so I'll find out and get back to you!
Excellent, thank you. He can PM me on here or message me on twitter (BJCMuse).

Top Bottom