• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab Stand-up / Pop-up Percentage List

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I was playing the other day and getting irritated at my Thunder's combos not working because my opponent (Falco) kept getting popped into the air with little lag. So I decided to find out the percentages at which a prone opponent will pop up with little lag versus slowly standing up. This list should be completely accurate. The percentages given indicate the first percentage at which your opponent will pop up. Below that percentage your opponent will stand up slowly when jabbed.

1. Fox 84
2. Falco 55
3. Bowser 42
4. Sheik 39
5. DK 38
6. CF / Ganon 37
8. Roy 28
9. Link 27
10. YL 25 **
11. G&W 24
12. Peach 23 *
13. Pichu / ICs / Doc / Mario / Pikachu 21
18. Kirby 20
19. Ness 17
20. Zelda 16 *
21. Mewtwo / Yoshi / Marth 15
24. Jiggs 11
25. Luigi 5
26. Samus 4

* Jab will not hit on flat ground, but double jab will.
** Jab may or may not hit on flat ground, depending on spacing.

These numbers don't correspond EXACTLY to the Thunder's Combo stand-up / pop-up percentages because some of the momentum from the shine is still present when the jab hits. So for Thunder's Combos, your opponent will tend to pop up 2 - 3 percentage points lower than indicated. I only checked Fox (82) and Falco (52) but results should be similar for the other characters you can do Thunder's Combo on.

This is useful information because often your opponentn will just lie there after missing a tech, waiting for you to attack. Wavejab is a pretty fast way of getting them up and has good reach. But once you jab, you might find yourself getting attacked if the jab pops them up. The stun varies by character, but for most there's just enough stun to do quick attacks like jab, grabs, utilts, and usmash (I think--I don't have AR anymore so I'm going on feel here) so use those. However someone like Samus can up-B you before those connect. The only thing you can reliably connect with is the shine. If your opponent is at stand-up percentages, then a charged usmash works well.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
This is good information from you as always.
I actually found a way to get more out of a thunders combo. I was on the bus pondering fox combos in my head when I thought of this.

Fox1 vs Fox2

Fox1 waveshines jabs and spaces the shine closely as possible to the opponent w/o making Fox2 get shined behind him and does full wavedash immediatly and jabs. If you do this correct Fox2 will slide behind Fox1 because of the long wavedash and he will get hit by a reverse jab on the last 1-2 frames (forgot how many there is in Fox's jab) giving Fox1 the oppurtonity to charge a u-smash longer because he will be in neutral position much faster.

It's hard to explain but if you think about attack hitboxes from start to finish you can really be creative.

LogiGuy

Smash Cadet
when I see posts like these it makes me see this game still having so much depth to learn it wasnt til recent silentwolf was posting the thunders comobo :bee:

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Are grabs safe to use aswell?
I don't know. I wish I still had AR so I could find out the stun frames, but I think it varies by character and also by damage, so it just depends. They are not stunned very long at all though, so if your opponent has a good reaction time and a fast attack, like Fox, Falco's down B, Bowser, Samus' up B, or several characters' jabs chances are you might get hit. Grab is probably fairly safe since it outprioritizes any attack your opponent might do (although floaty characters may be popped up too high to grab). If they get popped up usmash is probably fairly safe because Fox's head is invincible.

L__

Smash Master
Ah, a very important list. Thanks and I'm glad that there are still things in Melee that is still being discovered.

You can't thunders combo Ka-Master's Falco even from 0% lol. After 25% it's really really easy to pop up.
Just Di the shine right.

Even at 0%, it's really easy to get out lol. You know when the shine's going to hit, right after the aerial, smash DI up.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Even at 0%, it's really easy to get out lol. You know when the shine's going to hit, right after the aerial, smash DI up.
Yeah these percentages are really just when they're lying on the ground having missed a tech. They don't represent Thunder's Combo percentages per se, but rather an upper limit on Thunder's Combo. You cannot do Thunder's Combo above these percentages, and you might not be able to do it below them if your opponent DIs correctly.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Could you thunder's combo by using the dair to make them stand up instead of a jab? It's probably even easier to DI then the jab, but at least it makes them stand up at higher %'s and it's unexpected.
Yes you can, but with dair they have a better chance of getting out if they smash DI any of the hits from it.

You can u-throw on platform, dair to charge upsmash.

Or you can shine into a fastfalled dair that only hits with 1 of them into charge up-smash, more flashy.

Tero.

Smash Champion
You can SDI the jab up and get out of the jab reset even at 0%

Top Bottom