• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J-Stars Victory Vs. Topic (Plus Update Confirmed for Summer 2015 Western Release)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well I figured if they wanted a Dragon Ball Villain, they'd pick Freiza. Still hoping for Gohan. Azien is an interesting choice too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I don't think it's much of a matter getting the rights as they're owned by Sueisha and the Anime by Fuji TV and Toei Animation like everyone else, but I'm definitely happy they're in!

Still a month left and Yoh and Arale have not been announced yet though, I really hope neither of them have been cut! And there are other characters I'd like too, but It'd be disappointing to see either of them go.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Cool. Now Kenshiro can wreck house. Should've known that Roah would join in too. He's usually the other guy to be seen with Ken in these crossovers.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Only character I'm curious about them optaining is Yami Yugi-would they need permission from Konami or something?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
They shouldn't, Konami own the card game, but don't have rights to the Anime/Manga or the Characters (or at least those that appeared in them first like Dark Magician, not so certain when it comes to stuff that came after the card game was made real) as far as I'm aware.

If nothing else Dark Magician and Exodia are free from Konami as they appeared in chapter 38 when duel monsters was first thought up, before the game had any rules or owner, but I imagine it gets hazier after that. And of course the human characters have nothing to do with Konami who only run the game, so that's fine that side.

Moreover he appeared in the previous Jump games just fine, so even if someone did hold some rights (I Think TV Asahi are more likely than Konami, but I highly doubt they have anything either) then they're fine with them appearing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You wa Shock from Fist of the North Star will be in the Anisound Edition of J Stars Victory VS, with 4 songs left to go.

One thing to think about is that Kumagawa's bio is not on the site yet while everyone else's are there. It wouldn't be too far fetched if they are promoting him to playable status since the developers did do slight changes overtime like changing Hisoka's mitchmatched facial marks and updating Lala's artwork to her To Love Ru Darkness appearance.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
You wa Shock from Fist of the North Star will be in the Anisound Edition of J Stars Victory VS, with 4 songs left to go.

One thing to think about is that Kumagawa's bio is not on the site yet while everyone else's are there. It wouldn't be too far fetched if they are promoting him to playable status since the developers did do slight changes overtime like changing Hisoka's mitchmatched facial marks and updating Lala's artwork to her To Love Ru Darkness appearance.
i think this is posablle .

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
This pops into fourth place for me, behind Atelier Escha and Logy (it was technically released last year, but the English version isn't 'till this year), A Hat In Time and Ar No Surge... it manages to sit pixels in front of Smash Bros 4, and mostly that's due to this having a release date. Whenever we get interesting new Smash info it jumps ahead for a few days...

That's still pretty impressive all things said mind you.

Now, if Dragon Quest X is coming to the west I shift literally everything down 1 spot, but until then this is well within my top 5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The comedy quadruplets (Arale, Luckyman, Bobobo, and Saiki) are now playable, with half of them being joke characters. Hinata from Haikyu!! is there as new support to promote the upcoming anime. For those wanting Don Patch to be playable, he's sadly a part of Bobobo's moveset like what might happen with Jelly Jiggler. I least expected Luckyman and Saiki to be playable, but they are great additions regardless (Koro Sensei vs. Saiki Kusuo rematch for the win!).

Edit: I've added the villains and Kenshiro gameplay trailer to the OP.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-slump-bobobo-bo-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This makes me happy
If you thought that is good, here's some food for thought. There will be an announcement of an "unexpected character" (they didn't say whether it will be more than one given the full roster would be 56) on February 21st based on the text below Arale's feet.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
If you thought that is good, here's some food for thought. There will be an announcement of an "unexpected character" (they didn't say whether it will be more than one given the full roster would be 56) on February 21st based on the text below Arale's feet.
Well the thing is , i think they ment shocking as in a zap shock , so i think hunter x hunter's killua is who it is i think.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well the thing is , i think they ment shocking as in a zap shock , so i think hunter x hunter's killua is who it is i think.
That could be the right guy since he's basically the second most popular character in the series. For a minute, I was going to be scared that Hisoka would be playable over him and it turned out false after the reveal. The addition of a few more rivals/villains would make this game A-OK in my book.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: 3 news songs for Bobobo, Dr. Slump, and Luckyman have been added to the Anisound Edition of the game. That means there's one last song that could be added in the final game.

There is a rumor going a around that Momotaro (Playable), Heihachi (Support), Ace (Support), Hiei (Playable), and Killua (Playable) are the last few characters in the game. We'll see about that when the V-Jump scan comes out this Friday (or when ever it is leaked ahead of time).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Bu... but Yoh and Kinikuman?! Hopefully we either get secrets or DLC, there are way too many characters I still want to see in this game!

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Update: 3 news songs for Bobobo, Dr. Slump, and Luckyman have been added to the Anisound Edition of the game. That means there's one last song that could be added in the final game.

There is a rumor going a around that Momotaro (Playable), Heihachi (Support), Ace (Support), Hiei (Playable), and Killua (Playable) are the last few characters in the game. We'll see about that when the V-Jump scan comes out this Friday (or when ever it is leaked ahead of time).
i heard this too .

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Had to look up a couple of those characters, but they seem okay. I do think that they could have gone with a couple more series, however. It's a good roster none the less.

I would just hope that there are more support characters yet to be announced to help even things out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The rumor is true after all since we do see a leak of the scan (though it's partial until Friday). Ace, Killua, Hiei, Heihachi, and Momotaro are in the game after all. While details on the new characters are scant, the report indicates that all characters might be playable with the exception of Heihachi Edajima, who is a support character. That means One Piece gets the most playable reps like in all Jump crossovers and the final roster is 52 characters (including support). We won't be getting any more reveals until March 19 (launch date), though we can still expect gameplay trailers soon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/1...nters-killua-zoldyck-join-j-stars-victory-vs/

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
The rumor is true after all since we do see a leak of the scan (though it's partial until Friday). Ace, Killua, Hiei, Heihachi, and Momotaro are in the game after all. While details on the new characters are scant, the report indicates that all characters might be playable with the exception of Heihachi Edajima, who is a support character. That means One Piece gets the most playable reps like in all Jump crossovers and the final roster is 52 characters (including support). We won't be getting any more reveals until March 19 (launch date), though we can still expect gameplay trailers soon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/1...nters-killua-zoldyck-join-j-stars-victory-vs/
i think ace is assit tbh

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If Ace is support and Hancock is playable I may just cry from the lack of logic... I think One Piece deserves to have the most playable being the most popular manga in Japan atm, but the choices still baffle me. I've accepted Akainu, though I still think Smoker would have been a better pick... but Hancock just doesn't make sense to me!

Oh well, all the characters in this update are good inclusions, Hiei's cool, and does rep the demons in the series... I'd personally either of the other two secondary protagonists, but he makes sense.

Sad we've still not seen Yoh, Yugi or Kinikuman, but I can't imagine a Jump game without the Latter two, and a still have fairly high hopes for Yoh being a surprise... Less so for Eve/Train, but I'll keep my fingers crossed, I also keep my fingers crossed for Light Yagami Assist.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
If Ace is support and Hancock is playable I may just cry from the lack of logic... I think One Piece deserves to have the most playable being the most popular manga in Japan atm, but the choices still baffle me. I've accepted Akainu, though I still think Smoker would have been a better pick... but Hancock just doesn't make sense to me!

Oh well, all the characters in this update are good inclusions, Hiei's cool, and does rep the demons in the series... I'd personally either of the other two secondary protagonists, but he makes sense.

Sad we've still not seen Yoh, Yugi or Kinikuman, but I can't imagine a Jump game without the Latter two, and a still have fairly high hopes for Yoh being a surprise... Less so for Eve/Train, but I'll keep my fingers crossed, I also keep my fingers crossed for Light Yagami Assist.
from what i have heard , this is the final roster.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Serious? Damn!

I guess I shouldn't be complaining, other than the random misteps when it comes to One Piece it's still a cool roster, but there're so many Jump series deserving of a character I feel a lot of series could've done with a more cut back roster then...

Well, I'll hoold out hope for DLC then I guess...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Serious? Damn!

I guess I shouldn't be complaining, other than the random misteps when it comes to One Piece it's still a cool roster, but there're so many Jump series deserving of a character I feel a lot of series could've done with a more cut back roster then...

Well, I'll hoold out hope for DLC then I guess...
They did say no paid DLC, though it's not clear whether there isn't any DLC or it will be free. If the former is the case, we might as well hope the game sells well enough for a sequel (It could happen for the PS3 or PS4 in 3-4 years.) like with Jump Super Stars and the first Famicom Restuden Jump RPG.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Damn these game developers explaining their games fully for domestic audiences but not for the rest of the world who want to import it in a flagrant disregard for the lack of international release and copywright laws! Can't they think of us for a minute?!

Well, I'd best order a few more copies for my friends or something to get said sequel happening. Or hope Tornado bus driver is wrong... whichever one works.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
characters I'm surprised didn't make the final cut:
-Yoh Asakura,Iron Maiden Jean, Hao asakura(was expecting all 3 or the Ruro gang series to get repped-Ruro gang being Watsuki, Oda, and Takei)
-dio Brando(though this could be debated due to the JoJo Fighter)
-Trafalgar Law(would have made sense with the whole Hero/Rival/Villain theme)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The real scan was released today and I was right about Ace being playable with Momo, Hiei, and Killua. I might add it to the sig soon.

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/02/j-stars-victory-vs-killua-ace-hiei-momotaro-are-playable/

finalark

SNORLAX
I saw Alan Walker in the thread title, and now my interest in this game has been rekindled.

Do we know if its going to get a NA/EU localization yet?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I saw Alan Walker in the thread title, and now my interest in this game has been rekindled.

Do we know if its going to get a NA/EU localization yet?
Too many licenses for them to handle (Kochikame, Chinyuki, ect.), so the chances of localization is low. However, you can buy the game from sites like EBay or PlayAsia. The latter (Play-Asia) is accepting pre-orders at the moment. There no need to worry since all Sony platforms have no form of region lock and one guy (ShonenGameZ) is planning on translating the story, controls, and menus online for anyone that imports the game.

If you were hoping to play with Allen Walker, he's just a support character as opposed to a playable fighter.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can you even get the DLC/Patch updates if you import it?

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Considering you can get the Blazblue DLC characters and it's easy enough to whip up a JPN PSN account anywhere in the world, I imagine so, but you may have to jump through a few hoops

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I've added Sakigake!! Otokojuko's opening to the Anisound list and the final roster J-Stars trailer. Check it (the trailer) out since it just explains Jump's history in so much beautiful detail with everyone's gameplay. It also talks more about the story mode, model viewer, and card collection that will be featured in the game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I've added a few translated scans (courtesy of ShonenGameZ) that reveals the entire map for J Stars's massive story mode and another scan that gives you some insight on some features like team building and the J Shop (which will be where you buy characters and stages with J Points). They seem to be going out with this game and it will be more than just a simple fighting game. I just hope this sells well enough for a potential sequel with more fighters and features within 3-4 years.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I would, but the character selection choices are disappointing.

I would have loved to have played as Nougami Neuro from Majin Tantei, Kagura from Gintama, or even Nami from One Piece.

But pretty much all my favourite characters have been removed or moved to supports ;___;

I can understand Tetsu Kuroko being a support because of moveset issues, but still. :/

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I would, but the character selection choices are disappointing.

I would have loved to have played as Nougami Neuro from Majin Tantei, Kagura from Gintama, or even Nami from One Piece.

But pretty much all my favourite characters have been removed or moved to supports ;___;

I can understand Tetsu Kuroko being a support because of moveset issues, but still. :/
I think they did that because they wanted to get recognizable characters instead of lesser-known characters.

Top Bottom