• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

J-Stars Victory Vs. Topic (Plus Update Confirmed for Summer 2015 Western Release)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Boa Hancock is the new playable One Piece rep while Chitoge from Nisekoi, Lala Deviluke from To Love Ru, and Rukia from Bleach are support characters. The game will be having a March 2014 release with a limited edition and the standard edition of J-Stars being released. It's unknown what the limited edition might have, but we'll see in the near future. I'll touch up the OP a bit within these last few minutes

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nisekoi-to-love-ru-girls-join-j-stars-vs-game
http://gematsu.com/2013/10/j-stars-victory-vs-japanese-release-date-set

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, I wasn't expecting the next OP character to be Boa. I was thinking maybe Zoro, Nami, or Sanji. Still, those characters could be added at any moment though. I hope Fist of the North Star gets some attention too in this game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, I wasn't expecting the next OP character to be Boa. I was thinking maybe Zoro, Nami, or Sanji. Still, those characters could be added at any moment though. I hope Fist of the North Star gets some attention too in this game.
That's the thing with fighting games. They are bound to add an unexpected character to throw everyone's predictions off balance or out of the window. Like Super Smash Bros.'s Wii Fit Trainer, Street Fighter x Tekken's Poison, Marvel vs. Capcom 3's M.O.DO.K., J-Stars Victory VS's Taro Yamada, ect.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
so ****ing excited for Chitoge.

but she's only support? D:
Of course, it would be much too difficult for them to pull off a good moveset for her. At least, she has the ability to ban your opponent's partners or assists temporarily with a single bitchslap.

D

Deleted member

Boa Hancock??

Neat I guess... Also, I forgot TLR was Jump... Kinda funny having those characters in this game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's some more news of the limited adition. It will be called J-Stars Victory VS: Anime Sound Edition since it would feature the OST of the original anime on each stage as opposed to the original music on the regular version of the game. That fully explains why this version will be worth around $100. I wonder what type of songs would included in this version of the game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
HYPER UPDATE: Tsuna and Oga are confirmed as new fighters while Kagura will be another assist character. Look at the main OP to see the actual scan or at the source below. The next scan will be shown on November 21 (Two weeks) based on a certain translation of the text on the scan. Just 4 more months of new scans before we'll eventually know the full roster.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ntama-characters-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tsuna could be fun to use. Too bad I couldn't get into his series. Never watched or read Oga's series.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: 4 new supports (or shall I say 2) are confirmed, which are Sket Dan (as a team support like The Ha Ha Brothers from Jump Ultimate Stars) from Sket Dance and Kuroko from the constantly threatened Kuroko no Basuke. I also posted a reminded in regards to the game's inclusion in this year's Jump Festa event. The magazine will be on hiatus for next week before it post the first issue for the 2013 to 2014 period during the first week of December. I expect a new scan by then, or at least a week after its return.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So new playable characters confirmed yet? Not too surprising. I'd like to think that Gohan, Zoro, and Kakashi would make the roster. And definitely one of the Joestars. Most likely Jotaro, maybe with Dio being thrown in too. But I can only really see Dio getting confirmed if they have a trailer for him and other villains.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I highly doubt any of those top 3. The fact that Hancock is playable shows that they're picking at straws for some reason and with the crew having 3 main fighters I can only imagine it's a limitation (self imposed no doubt) of 2 characters per series... it's sad this wasn't made earlier or else Ace would be the perfect choice for a second one piece character :'(.

I think a JoJo character is fairly neccesary, at least as a support (though hopefully playable), same for Kinnikuman... Personally I really want to see one of the Asakura's (preferably Yoh, though I wouldn't mind Hana), Kenshiro (they can't leave him out can they?) and Arale Norimaki... and maybe Train and Eve from Black Cat... oh god there are so many characters I want!!

I want to see Baru Craw in too, but I'd be happy if he's just a support character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe. But we don't know for a fact whether or not each series only gets two characters yet. So I'm still hopeful for those first three characters that I had mentioned.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Two JoJo characters (Joseph and Johnathan) and one Hell Teacher Nube character is confirmed (Nube). Also, Hironobu Kageyama, Akira Kushida, and Hiroshi Kitadani are singing the game's theme song "Fighting Stars." People ho pre-order the game (in Japan) will receive the J-Stars Victory Book, a volume bound like a Jump Comics book and filled with information and visuals of Jump heroes over the years. A free augmented reality (AR) app lets you see the Jump heroes in your surroundings on the PS Vita. That alone sounds badass in its own right. Keep in mind that the game will be featured in Jump Festa for more gameplay and trailers this Winter. ;)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-11/jojo-nube-characters-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: Added a whole new trailer for December along with a list of songs that will be in the Special Edition of J-Stars Victory VS.

Lastly, Koro-Sensei and Neuro (as a support) will be in the game as newcomers. There will also be a story mode with open world exploration. This is starting to be the best game of the century. What do you think guys?

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/j-stars-victory-vs-adds-korosensei-neuro-nogami

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Still gotta wait on how it plays, the original play tests where promising, but they've gotta get that invincibility time after getting hit by specials down (which it looks like they've done in the trailer), 'cos I can see how just plain unfair (and hugely un fun) that would make the game just from camera phone videos... I'm sure it was just to make the game even for people just picking up the controller though, and that things'll be better in the final release! *is hopeful, 'cos otherwise this does sound just too awesome*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Still gotta wait on how it plays, the original play tests where promising, but they've gotta get that invincibility time after getting hit by specials down (which it looks like they've done in the trailer), 'cos I can see how just plain unfair (and hugely un fun) that would make the game just from camera phone videos... I'm sure it was just to make the game even for people just picking up the controller though, and that things'll be better in the final release! *is hopeful, 'cos otherwise this does sound just too awesome*

I agree, that was a concept bought back from Jump Ultimate Stars that should've never been bought in this game. They should be able to fix that problem based on fan feedback overtime. Now that my main man is in the game, this will be my first import since I still have my region free PS3 in hand. There are 3 more months of character reveals and 6 more Anisound Edition songs left to be revealed. I might get the Anisound Edition since my massive college loan makes it easier to buy that version.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alien dude seems interesting. But I'm still hoping for Gohan to be playable. Good to see some JoJo characters too. Do we know if any villains are going to be playable? Maybe Like Frieza, Dio, or Orochimaru? Not sure which One Piece villains would be playable, I don't really follow that series all that well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alien dude seems interesting. But I'm still hoping for Gohan to be playable. Good to see some JoJo characters too. Do we know if any villains are going to be playable? Maybe Like Frieza, Dio, or Orochimaru? Not sure which One Piece villains would be playable, I don't really follow that series all that well.

Considering the approach they are going with, it seems like rivals and heroes at the moment. I do hope they at least include a few villains, unless they might be story mode bosses (since it is going to be open world).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Considering the approach they are going with, it seems like rivals and heroes at the moment. I do hope they at least include a few villains, unless they might be story mode bosses (since it is going to be open world).

I think some of the really popular series could get some more characters. Like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and maybe even Toriko and/or Bleach. I can see the former three series being able to do so. You still have very popular and important characters like Gohan, Kakashi, Zoro, Nami, Piccolo and Tsunade that could fit in well enough.

As for villains, they could be bosses, wouldn't be that far out there of an idea.

Other than representing the more of the popular series. I'd like to think that Kenshiro and Yoh would be shown off at some point. I mean, since no one else from those series are playable yet. How about D. Gray Man? Allen and Lenalee were in Jump Ultimate Stars, they could make a comeback in this game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think some of the really popular series could get some more characters. Like Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece and maybe even Toriko and/or Bleach. I can see the former three series being able to do so. You still have very popular and important characters like Gohan, Kakashi, Zoro, Nami, Piccolo and Tsunade that could fit in well enough.

As for villains, they could be bosses, wouldn't be that far out there of an idea.

Other than representing the more of the popular series. I'd like to think that Kenshiro and Yoh would be shown off at some point. I mean, since no one else from those series are playable yet. How about D. Gray Man? Allen and Lenalee were in Jump Ultimate Stars, they could make a comeback in this game.

Kenshiro and Yoh are a must since they are fan favorites, especially Yoh since there's a Shaman King sequel running in Jump X at the moment.

Allen Walker wouldn't be too much of stretch despite his manga being in Jump Square nowadays. After all, Lala was included and there was a To Love Ru sequel in Jump Square with her as a minor character.

I can easily imagine 3 reps for the more popular series; especially for the first few revealed series like One Piece, Dragon Ball, Toriko, and Naruto (2nd rep for Bleach).

Rukia was demoted to support, so we might get someone like Renji or Hitsugaya instead.

Gohan would be a great Dragon Ball rep and could be easier to make due to similarities.

Coco would be the best option of a third Toriko character due to his poison abilities.

Kakashi, Tsunade, and Hinata are fan favorites amongst the Naturo fanbase and would be potential reps.

Lastly, it's all about Zoro vs. Sanji for the 3rd One Piece rep. LOL.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I still really don't understand why Boa was second One Piece rep, it only makes sense if they only have two slots per big series... and even then Smoker, Blackbeard, Kid and Law (I wish Buggy had made a recent appearance so I could include him) all seem more reasonable decisions in my eyes (well, maybe BB would be too OP; and a shout out goes to Ace who would be the best choice had he not [spoilers redacted]).

As for the villains for bosses, that'd be pretty cool, but there are so many franchises it'd be hard to whittle it down. I think it's safe to say Freiza, Toguro and Crocodile are some of them if they happen given the stages so far shown (and fan popularity). Orochimaru seems most likely for Naruto to me, but as I dropped the manga a little after the time skip I don't know if that would still be true.

I'm not sure how bosses would work though given the battle mechanics, it seems like a game ill-equipped for boss battles... though so is smash bros really, they just switch mechanics, so who knows?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Two new fighters join the fray, the silver haired exorcist Allen Walker and the hotblooded fighter Saint Seiya. It's also confirmed that there will be four player multiplayer and only two player multiplayer when it comes to online gaming. Lastly, Hisoka is teased in the scan, but his role is unknown. He's most likely one of the confirmed bosses in story mode.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...d.gray-man-stars-join-j-stars-victory-vs-game

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Looks like we did get someone from D. Gray Man after all. And Saint Saiya too.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
How did I forget Saint Seiya was Shonen Jump?! D.Gray Man is great too, but there's something about the shows you grew up with and making you hype.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like we did get someone from D. Gray Man after all. And Saint Saiya too.
Just as a minor correction, Allen's a support based on the blue hexagon next to his name. Sad, but true. That's was Anime News Network's fault on their part for not paying attention to such a detail. :(

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just as a minor correction, Allen's a support based on the blue hexagon next to his name. Sad, but true. That's was Anime News Network's fault on their part for not paying attention to such a detail. :(

Ah, okay. My mistake.

Oh, and happy holidays and junk. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I made some changes to the stage list based on the new scan and reuploaded the Koro-Sensei (by Namco) trailer since the other one was removed for copyrights.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

This is a sneak preview of J-Stars Victory VS's story mode. It's will have 4 arcs: Friendly Arc, Cooperative Arc, Winners Arc, and Glory Arc. They won't be really linked to one another like Jump Ultimate Stars and could involve original enemies, like that winged turtle in the image. This could be pretty interesting to know who's the main antagonist (I'm hoping it's not the same Dr. Mashirito from the last 4 Jump crossovers -_-) and what villains would serve him or play a role in these arcs. One more thing to take not of is that the 45th Anniversary Jump Pirate Ship would be your transportation throughout story mode to travel to different countries.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: We finally have villains in the roster. They are none other than Shishio, Freiza, Akainu, and Madara. The scan also leaks more characters like Toguro and Aizen. We might see them along with Hisoka on the 21st next week as playables officially. It also mentions other Jump characters making a cameo in the story mode.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/14/rurouni-kenshins-makoto-shishio-playable-j-stars-victory-vs/

I can't update the topic's title or share the scan due to lack of Wi-Fi, but updated the list at least.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Akainu?!

Did theyjust pick the one piece characters from a hat?
I guess that could be the case. I guess they could demoted to NPC's in Story Mode like Sakura and Kakashi (look at the scan). He could be added in the first place because he killed Ace and was the last Pre-Timeskip Villain. At least there's Aizen, Hisoka, and Toguro to look toward to next week.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now we have Aizen and Togura as playables and Hisoka as a support earlier than we all had expected. I've also updated the OP with both new scans, though the second one only shows Aizen's sleeve instead of his full body. For some odd reason, this forum's new format won't let me edit the titl But you all get the idea.

http://gematsu.com/2014/01/j-stars-victory-vs-adds-younger-toguro-aizen-hisoka

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda surprised they revealed 6 new characters in such a short time frame. With two months left I wonder who else is on the roster?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Akainu?!

Did theyjust pick the one piece characters from a hat?
Dude killed Luffy's bro and gave him a permanet X-shaped scar on his chest.

I'd say that would qualify him as a major One Piece villain(only other one worth mentioning besides him is Blackbeard).

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I guess... he does look to be set for a lot of later appearances being Fleet Admiral and all... There's only really one good pick for OP villain, but other than Blackbeard he is probably the best...

Still... how Boa Hancock got in is still a mystery... I mean if we're talking rivals it really should be Smoker... or buggy...

In other news there's a new Promo video and I think it's tippped my hype-meter just above the current Smash 4 level... doubt it'll stay there long, but it's a worrying sign.

Last edited:
Top Bottom