• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I've been experimenting...

Down Bound

Smash Rookie
Okay, so here is the full story behind this. (4chan triangle conversation with myself)
>I like disrespecting people and having fun.
>I've been looking for a main for a few months now with the intention of two things: Disrespect and Swag.
>Obviously I could get the disrespect part down with ICs. But how would I swag?
>A combo video named "Black Ice" convinced me ICs could be swaggled with.
>So the same night I picked up ICs and started experimenting.
>This is one of the things I found.
(I'm bad at game mechanics and no nothing, so can a fellow IC who knows what they're talking about figure dis out)
Jabbing and then down smashing led to what looks like a phantom hit downsmash. I don't think thats what it is, but I have no game mechanic knowledge. My other theory is that the jabs reset the state of being grabbed and then the downsmash doesn't knock them away. Whatever, it looks cool with the spinny nana/popo. It does 5-8 damage per down-smash. Maybe someone found this before, and I'm just resurfacing it. idunno.
swag on IC brothers.
btw i messed up a bunch in the video cuz #1 I'm bad #2 I was listening to Nina Simmons "Feeling Good" which I assure you, is not between 180-220 bpm #3 I rushed to get this onto video #4 No Johns

Swaggling = Grab -> Down-smash + Jab Infinite

popo backthrow into immediate back air with nana
is so fun lmao, I know its not a true combo, but :dazwa:.
i wish everyone DI'd into the stage always. QQ

Last edited:

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Staled d-smash isn't strong enough to break grabs. I saw something like this in an old grab demonstration video (might've been "Two Ice Climbers, Two Hands"), but I've never tried using it as an infinite. Looks pretty cool if it works.

Down Bound

Smash Rookie
Staled d-smash isn't strong enough to break grabs. I saw something like this in an old grab demonstration video (might've been "Two Ice Climbers, Two Hands"), but I've never tried using it as an infinite. Looks pretty cool if it works.
what I don't get though is that I can do it on second or even first downsmash of the game. Am I misunderstanding how staling works?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
what I don't get though is that I can do it on second or even first downsmash of the game. Am I misunderstanding how staling works?
It shouldn't work with the very first d-smash to my knowledge. If you've hit d-smash within the last 10 moves (with either Popo or Nana) it will be staled by some amount.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
That isn't what I showcased, but I guess kind of similar? Now that I think of it, not even similar. But okay haha.
No, but at 1:20 he shows "chainsmashing" which is the same thing (though he was performing it far too slowly to be an infinite). This is the video I was thinking of in my original post.

Top Bottom