• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's The End of August and I Believe in the Big Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Ridley will be a at able boss... Like in boss mode now a player can take control of the boss and have someone play against him? Might work out well if he is indeed "too big" or whatever the new reasons are.. And it would draw hype. Plus that tease (I finally learned) might make sense haha

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
The last Nintendo game I really had fun playing was Super Mario Sunshine. So after 12 years of games that were just decent at best, SSB4 is basically Nintendo's last chance for me. Lately it seems like they they put just enough content in the games to get people to buy it, but not enough to make it a satisfying experience.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze's big thing was David Wise returning as the games music composer, and the addition of Cranky Kong as a playable character(only if your player 2, otherwise he is just a glorified pogo stick). Other than a few pretty designs the game felt shallow in comparison to the old DKC games.

Mario Kart 8's big thing was the Koopalings as playable drivers and the F-Zero anti gravity racing. The game looked pretty but again it felt shallow in comparison to the old mario kart games. Even my brother who is a really big Mario Kart fan got tired of it after the first week.

Super Mario 3D World's big draw in was the cat suit and the fact the 4 people could play through the entire game together. There was no surprises beyond that. There was so much they could have done with this game but it just felt like it gave the bare minimum of what people expect from a Mario game.

Pikmin 3's draw in was 2 new types of Pikmin and main game multiplayer (only 2 though despite the fact that there are 3 captains). This game (while still my favorite of the 4 games I mentioned here) really felt uninspired in comparison to the first 2 games. It could have used a lot more content. Plus trying to manage 3 captains was just annoying and hindered the gameplay.

So I'm really tired of buying games when I don't get my money's worth. Since the big selling point of an SSB game is the character roster, unless their is characters I want to play as I see no point in buying it as the first SSB was perfect for what it was.

So it comes down to this:
-If King K. Rool is playable I will go out day one and buy a 3DSXL and SSB4/3DS as well as the Wii U version.
-If there is a least 5 new characters I want to play as (So far I only care about Pacman) I will buy the Wii U version at full price.
-If either of the above requirements are not met I will pick it up when it hits the discount rack or I can get it used... Maybe, as by that time Monster Hunter 4 will be out and I may just forget about SSB4 altogether by then.

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Ridley will be a at able boss... Like in boss mode now a player can take control of the boss and have someone play against him? Might work out well if he is indeed "too big" or whatever the new reasons are.. And it would draw hype. Plus that tease (I finally learned) might make sense haha
The playable boss mechanic is a bad idea and shouldn't happen. Sakurai said no gamepad gimmicks first, and also imagine how boring it'd be to play Yellow Devil! You get to move left and right and shoot eye beams.

Even if you said "just playable boss Ridley", why not just go the extra mile and make him a playable character, then? The fans would be upset because he'd be SO CLOSE to being a playable character, but only on one stage and technically not a part of the true battle since he couldn't win a match and wasn't one of the four fighters. Hell, even if you did just feature playable boss Ridley, people'd start to say things like "well RIDLEY was playable as a boss, why not _______!" and then that's where things start to get iffy and people generally start to get annoyed.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Okay. Take a look at Yellow Devil. Now imagine you have full control over his attack patterns.
See the issue? The bosses are not designed to be played.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And when they don't show up in Holiday 2014 I'm sure it'll get extended to whenever the hell DLC characters stop showing up...

Best of luck anyway to the three Ridley/K.Rool fans that are being realistic in this thread.
The only thing I agree with you on post Japan/worldwide release of 3DS, is that it will become more clear what the business strategy for the Wii U is, because I think it's pretty daft to assume the marketing technique for an entirely separate game is "gee, hope this game will sell enough copies if we throw in board the platforms."

I could be wrong, but the statements of characters being the biggest seller, as well as statements that these are in fact two separate games, make me question why then the populous still reverts back to "They are one game because of one roster."

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I'm with Ridley til' the end! You can be sure about that!

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
Okay. Take a look at Yellow Devil. Now imagine you have full control over his attack patterns.
That reminds me of Powerstone you could unlock the final boss in that game. If you kept spamming the attack when he shoots crystals out of his back, the other player could do nothing to stop you.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That reminds me of Powerstone you could unlock the final boss in that game. If you kept spamming the attack when he shoots crystals out of his back, the other player could do nothing to stop you.
Haha that thing is so broken. I bet Meta Knight can easily defeat it though, no sweat.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Let me put it this way, the way the supporters of the Big Three conduct themselves is enough to turn me away from the Big Three. I didn't refuse to buy Brawl just because Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, Toad, Dixie Kong, Animal Crossing rep, Tingle, Meowth, Starfy, and Krystal didn't get in Brawl. I didn't boycott Brawl just because they cut Melee characters like Mewtwo and Roy and added more clones like Toon Link, Lucas, and Wolf. I didn't demand that Sakurai lose his job or wish pain and suffering upon Sakurai just because Sakurai made decisions that I didn't agree on. I still bought Brawl because I wanted to try out all these newcomers. Sure, I lost one of my mains (Mewtwo) but I found new and unexpected mains like Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Pit, and Meta Knight.

As for SSB4, it really sucks that I lost two of my mains (Lucas and Wolf) and three characters I had fun playing with items on (Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur)... but hey, I finally gained the chance to play as Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Villager, and Mii Fighters. I also get to try out new and unexpected characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. It is likely that some of them are going to be my new mains. Just because I've been denied the opportunity to play as Toad and Dixie Kong in SSB4 is not going to stop me from playing SSB4 and discovering new favorites. I'll just move on and keep on supporting for Toad and Dixie Kong for Smash 5.
On the opposing side of that are the people you do not lump into one group. I started this thread, and experienced what I would think is the worst character cut, in Squirtle/Pokemon Trainer*. I certainly think the three of them merited inclusion, but in a very skewed way I can see a stubborn reasoning as to why Sakurai would not have included them- and as an artist I can respect his vision for the game over all.

His inclusion of Duck Hunt Dog and unique game play of characters like Rosalina and Bowser Junior are sensational, and I am quite pleased for them. Therefore, you are welcome to feel as you do about the characters- but feel about them objectively, and not for the fans, because you are making yourself out to be what you claim to disdain by voicing a loathing for a population which is in the majority not fully occupied by the opinions you proclaim.

*I'm sure anyone can say worse cut, but this was the flat out most original character (Pokemon Trainer) in Brawl, who was the actual WTF character, only see as DESERVING at the time, as he was the protagonist of the game, and added true diversity to the Pokemon cast. I never imagined my childhood favorite fictional character to be playable, nor my favorite obscure Pokemon (who is actually quite popular), and to have him in and then cut, when he is still more iconic to Nintendo than most others cut,, is in fact, quite hurtful, even if I must see it as necessary. Needing to see it as necessary with a potential new trio is the Worst aspect of it.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I guess I was cconsidering him as more of a stage hazard rather than a boss.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I don't really have a Big Three to put down for myself, but I do have two to put down.

Paper Mario
Sceptile or at least Grovyle

Call me crazy, but I still have some faith in these even though Doctor Mario was revealed in the leak as a Mario franchise rep. Which is why I still believe Paper Mario as a rep of his own franchise could happen and brings a second 2D character if G&W truly is coming back. Sceptile because of how he rounds out the starter trinity and promotes Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Even though it's very close to the release of the JP Smash Bros, I'm still sticking with them until the end and especially if the possibility of DLC is a reality.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't really have a Big Three to put down for myself, but I do have two to put down.

Paper Mario
Sceptile or at least Grovyle

Call me crazy, but I still have some faith in these even though Doctor Mario was revealed in the leak as a Mario franchise rep. Which is why I still believe Paper Mario as a rep of his own franchise could happen and brings a second 2D character if G&W truly is coming back. Sceptile because of how he rounds out the starter trinity and promotes Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Even though it's very close to the release of the JP Smash Bros, I'm still sticking with them until the end and especially if the possibility of DLC is a reality.
Don't get me wrong, I actually really want both of those characters to see the light of day in Smash, but then we'd be pushing 8 Mario Reps and 7 Pokemon reps if Mewtwo also comes back in one game while so many other franchises/potential newcomers are ignored. Obviously I understand that those are the two largest franchises Nintendo has and they deserve a fair share of importance, but good lord at some point give the other franchises more instead. I mean I'm already struggling to accept the possibility that Sakurai would add 2 additional Mario reps as unique as they may be instead of one more DK or Metroid rep, and as unique as Paper Mario could be it'd just be harder to stomach then.

Again I do want to see them, and unfortunately if Sceptile was ever to get in, this would be his golden opportunity unfortunately, but I'd rather see the other franchises given some more love first, which is partially why I support the big three (Well Mewtwo doesn't actually fit with that logic, but Ridley and King K. Rool give some desperately needed love to two huge franchises). And that's not even mentioning additional franchise reps that could get in such as the Chorus Boys, Takumaru, Issac, etc. I don't know it's my only real disappointment with the leaked roster is that we do end up with so many Mario characters and yet another Kid Icarus character despite my support for them individually, and also why I hope we have a full 5 spots that can allow for even more diversity and inclusions from other franchises.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I will forgive Dr. Mario if he has the friggin Tornado, but I will never forgive Bowser Jr and Dark Pit. They suck. Ridley is a stage boss, K Rool doesn't seem likely. BEFORE YOU POINT YOUR GUNS AT ME, I said doesn't SEEM likely, but Shulk and Lucy got in. I wouldn't mind if M2 returns, and it seems possible.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Don't get me wrong, I actually really want both of those characters to see the light of day in Smash, but then we'd be pushing 8 Mario Reps and 7 Pokemon reps if Mewtwo also comes back in one game while so many other franchises/potential newcomers are ignored. Obviously I understand that those are the two largest franchises Nintendo has and they deserve a fair share of importance, but good lord at some point give the other franchises more instead. I mean I'm already struggling to accept the possibility that Sakurai would add 2 additional Mario reps as unique as they may be instead of one more DK or Metroid rep, and as unique as Paper Mario could be it'd just be harder to stomach then.

Again I do want to see them, and unfortunately if Sceptile was ever to get in, this would be his golden opportunity unfortunately, but I'd rather see the other franchises given some more love first, which is partially why I support the big three (Well Mewtwo doesn't actually fit with that logic, but Ridley and King K. Rool give some desperately needed love to two huge franchises). And that's not even mentioning additional franchise reps that could get in such as the Chorus Boys, Takumaru, Issac, etc. I don't know it's my only real disappointment with the leaked roster is that we do end up with so many Mario characters and yet another Kid Icarus character despite my support for them individually, and also why I hope we have a full 5 spots that can allow for even more diversity and inclusions from other franchises.
Doctor Mario is hardly unique in how he has the same moves outside of Tornado. Paper Mario hold infinite amount of possibilities and he can still represent his own franchise which is the Paper Mario franchise like how Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong rep their own. While I do respect the idea of other franchises getting more love, I don't have much love for K. Rool. I may be okay with Ridley after I stay the hell away from Smashboards for six months when he is announced to be playable if he ever is. lol Again, I'm still supporting more for these two than Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Doctor Mario is hardly unique in how he has the same moves outside of Tornado. Paper Mario hold infinite amount of possibilities and he can still represent his own franchise which is the Paper Mario franchise like how Wario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong rep their own. While I do respect the idea of other franchises getting more love, I don't have much love for K. Rool. I may be okay with Ridley after I stay the hell away from Smashboards for six months when he is announced to be playable if he ever is. lol Again, I'm still supporting more for these two than Ridley, Mewtwo, or K. Rool.
I didn't think to clarify that I meant Bowser Jr. and Rosalina, oops. Both of which from what we've seen are very unique characters, never meant to imply Dr. Mario was unique in the least bit., because he isn't and if Sakurai was up for including clones then I feel Wolf and Lucas should have been put in long before Dr. Mario was even considered if the leaks cuts are anything to go by. It's easily the most frustrating part of the leak after lack of representation, another Mario clone before more individual characters like Wolf and Lucas. But that's kind of unrelated, just venting that particular frustration. But that's where I come off in saying two unique Mario characters before a new DK or Metroid character would be disappointing to me personally.

I know Paper Mario does hold a lot of potential, and I actually meant to address the fact that he does represent his own franchise very well and didn't for whatever reason. It still stings because he is sort of a Mario rep, even if it is for his own Mario series and even if he is unique. It stung when I first saw Rosalina, it stung when I first saw Bowser Jr. in gameplay, and it'll sting if/when I see Paper Mario. But since they're all unique that'll fade pretty quickly as it has for Rosalina and is for Bowser Jr. right now as I consider his potential more and more, and very likely would for Paper Mario as long he too is unique. That said I totally respect supporting the characters you have stock in, and not really caring about the others you don't. The three I have stock in just happens to be the hype three, and then Issac personally haha.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I guess so, but if that was truly his intention, then why didn't he clarify it after discovering the plan completely backfired? It just confuses me to no end.
I'd guess that he probably isn't aware. Although I'm sure Sakurai has a general idea of what direction online Smash speculation is taking, I don't think he'll be fed constant updates. Naturally he's very busy working on the game, and even if he decided to take a look online during free hours he'd still only be able to read Japanese message boards and forums.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'd guess that he probably isn't aware. Although I'm sure Sakurai has a general idea of what direction online Smash speculation is taking, I don't think he'll be fed constant updates. Naturally he's very busy working on the game, and even if he decided to take a look online during free hours he'd still only be able to read Japanese message boards and forums.
You cannot honestly believe that, can you? He nearly makes direct mark on what happens at times.
Last week we got multiple references to the leaked images- he confirmed it in three PotDs, and I personally believe the Shulk trailer name was a double entendre.

Now, I also believe Sakurai would have known two years ago at the likelihood of a leak happening around now, given the games insane popularity, the power of the internet, and going on precedent with Brawl. I think it is only a given that he would have planned on a leak (or rather, that a smart business plan would have, and that his marketing plan for this game has been insanely strategic).

However, to state he is not given updates on where the fans are in relation to his updates with this series- I think that is rather incredulous.

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
At this point I have given up on just about everything else in regards to Smash....except for 5 characters. I just take solace in that I got Little Mac, I got Lucina (in ew clone form), Palutena looks cool, Rosolina looks amazing, I got Sheik back, I got Ike back, and I got a beam sword user. I'm happy, despite the eye sores being there... *coughDoctorMarioDarkPitcough*

I would LOVE Mewtwo's return. If Doc can be in there is just no reason why Mewtwo isn't in. I would love if K. Rool got in because we need more villains, and I like Dixie and think she deserves a spot, by K. Rool deserves it more. I would like it if Ridely got in. Metroid should have another rep and who better then their main villain? Namesless space pirate B? One of the Hunters? :/

Just like in the case of Isaac from Golden Sun and Krystal from Starfox I will hope and pray and have faith for Mewtwo's return and King K. Rool and Ridley's inclusion of being playable in Smash until they announce that they will stop making DLC for the Wii U version. Until then, those 5 characters will always have my support but I'll be happy whether history favors them or not. Smash has far too much time between iterations, in my opinion, and I love the series too much to let little things like DK only having 2 reps or moderate things like Kid Icarus getting 3 reps, ruin it for me.

So yea.... Mewtwo, Isaac, K. Rool, Krystal, and Ridely. Here's two these brave men, woman, and gender-less psychic badass.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So, how about an extremely optimistic roster?

Notes:
I just made this for fun, not as a prediction.
It's got the big three on it, and a few others. Feel free to guess the spots.
I've kept the organization as close to the leaked CSS as possible, though suggestions are welcome.
I only stuck the Miis on the bottom to keep everything nice and even, they'll likely not be on the actual CSS.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

Notes:
I've kept the organization as close to the leaked CSS as possible, though suggestions are welcome.
I only stuck the Miis on the bottom to keep everything nice and even, they'll likely not be on the actual CSS.
Just out of curiosity who are your Big Three (or are they just the obvious)? Just so we can stay on topic. Also where did you get all the little pictures?

edit: yeah found Dark Pit. I thought u'd put him with his series.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There's no Dark Pit on it. Also where did you get all the little pictures?
Dark Pit is right there, did you just miss him?

And the sprites are by Neorice, all of the confirmed characters at least. I made some of the others myself. Too lazy to make them all.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970

Notes:
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Ridley
... Roy?
Falco
Wolf
umm... Krystal?
No idea
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
ROB
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Rayman

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
I still kinda hope for K Rool, but im satisfied with this roster Including Duck Hunt Dog and Little Mac as one of my most wanted newcomers.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
You're insane.

We'll be lucky if we get even one of them.

Sadly.
Agreed. Mewtwo has the best chance by far and even he isn't that likely. There's a lot of things working against both k rool and Ridley, potential gameplay issues but especially a lack of relevance lately

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Let me put it this way, the way the supporters of the Big Three conduct themselves is enough to turn me away from the Big Three. I didn't refuse to buy Brawl just because Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, Toad, Dixie Kong, Animal Crossing rep, Tingle, Meowth, Starfy, and Krystal didn't get in Brawl. I didn't boycott Brawl just because they cut Melee characters like Mewtwo and Roy and added more clones like Toon Link, Lucas, and Wolf. I didn't demand that Sakurai lose his job or wish pain and suffering upon Sakurai just because Sakurai made decisions that I didn't agree on. I still bought Brawl because I wanted to try out all these newcomers. Sure, I lost one of my mains (Mewtwo) but I found new and unexpected mains like Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B., Pit, and Meta Knight.

As for SSB4, it really sucks that I lost two of my mains (Lucas and Wolf) and three characters I had fun playing with items on (Ice Climbers, Squirtle, and Ivysaur)... but hey, I finally gained the chance to play as Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Villager, and Mii Fighters. I also get to try out new and unexpected characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Greninja, Palutena, Robin, Shulk, and Bowser Jr. It is likely that some of them are going to be my new mains. Just because I've been denied the opportunity to play as Toad and Dixie Kong in SSB4 is not going to stop me from playing SSB4 and discovering new favorites. I'll just move on and keep on supporting for Toad and Dixie Kong for Smash 5.
It's obvious you are plenty happy with the roster. However, for sakurai to ignore massive fan request, particularly with characters with nearly unrivaled potential, combined with the fact that they are EXTREMELY important to their franchises legacy is shameful. Imagine if in brawl, sakurai didn't add wario meta knight or sonic as well as removed falco, and ganondorf. That's what it is akin too.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
It's obvious you are plenty happy with the roster. However, for sakurai to ignore massive fan request, particularly with characters with nearly unrivaled potential, combined with the fact that they are EXTREMELY important to their franchises legacy is shameful. Imagine if in brawl, sakurai didn't add wario meta knight or sonic as well as removed falco, and ganondorf. That's what it is akin too.
Remove Ganondorf? You best stop right there. I don't even care if he is Cpt. Falcondorf.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
No its really not like that at all.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Remove Ganondorf? You best stop right there. I don't even care if he is Cpt. Falcondorf.
If I say it, it may become true! What have I done!!

Seriously though, I don't understand how anyone could not want at least some of the hype 3. Especially looking at weight classes and character styles, nonhuman heavy villains are virtually nonexistent!

@ Naglfarii Naglfarii actually it is very similar. Wario meta knight and sonic were extremely popular, like mewtwo I k rool and Ridley are. Mewtwo is actually more popular honestly. The removal I wolf equates to falco, except wolf was more unique, and ganondorf equates to the removal of Lucas. Plus, smash4 removed fan favorites ice climbers. So yes, the parallels are obvious provided you actually take the time to consider them.

Last edited:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

Seriously though, I don't understand how anyone could not want at least some of the hype 3. Especially looking at weight classes and character styles, nonhuman heavy villains are virtually nonexistent!
All 3 would be cool additions but I'm not gonna call it a disaster if they're not in, that's being dramatic

Cpt.

Smash Lord

@ Naglfarii Naglfarii actually it is very similar. Wario meta knight and sonic were extremely popular, like mewtwo I k rool and Ridley are. Mewtwo is actually more popular honestly. The removal I wolf equates to falco, except wolf was more unique, and ganondorf equates to the removal of Lucas. Plus, smash4 removed fan favorites ice climbers. So yes, the parallels are obvious provided you actually take the time to consider them.
More like heavy weights are virtually nonexistent.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Dixie Kong
K. Rool
Ridley
... Roy?
Falco
Wolf
umm... Krystal?
No idea
Mewtwo
Duck Hunt Dog
Ice Climbers
ROB
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Rayman
Well since no one else is playing the guessing game, it won't hurt to tell you that you got each guess right.

Besides the obvious "no idea." Though I'm actually not sure myself, but I'll probably go with "Mach Rider" or something.

It was a bit difficult to work with the organization, otherwise Krystal wouldn't even be on it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There is no content on the internet with these three... at least none that can find. Anyone have any? I'd ask Yoshi and Toad but I think he made his stance clear

Every OP is best with some artwork!!

Speculator

Smash Ace
You cannot honestly believe that, can you? He nearly makes direct mark on what happens at times.
Last week we got multiple references to the leaked images- he confirmed it in three PotDs, and I personally believe the Shulk trailer name was a double entendre.

Now, I also believe Sakurai would have known two years ago at the likelihood of a leak happening around now, given the games insane popularity, the power of the internet, and going on precedent with Brawl. I think it is only a given that he would have planned on a leak (or rather, that a smart business plan would have, and that his marketing plan for this game has been insanely strategic).

However, to state he is not given updates on where the fans are in relation to his updates with this series- I think that is rather incredulous.
I think a large-scale breach of information is a little bit more important than what fans on English-speaking message boards happen to be talking about at any given time. You'd go to your boss with "Sir, almost all of the characters got leaked online". You probably wouldn't go with "URGENT NEWS SIR, PEOPLE STILL THINK RIDLEY MIGHT BE PLAYABLE". Either way, of those two, which is more likely to provoke an indirect response from Sakurai? A leak is big news. Fans taking a deconfirmation the wrong way is not.

Also, Sakurai didn't write the English Shulk trailer title. Nintendo of America did. The Japanese title (as far as I can tell) is something along the lines of "I must be quiet!" presumably in reference to Shulk sneaking up on Bowser.

EDIT: Actually, thinking about it, I bet it's one of Shulk's lines in the Japanese dub of Xenoblade.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Notes:
With that many open slots Isaac best be one of them... (Is he the one next to Greninja?)

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I believe none of these characters will be in this game. Regardless of their popularity here on smashboards.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
What's the term...
Realist? :troll:

There is no content on the internet with these three... at least none that can find. Anyone have any? I'd ask Yoshi and Toad but I think he made his stance clear

Every OP is best with some artwork!!
Don't get me wrong here, Duke.

I want Mewtwo. I wouldn't even mind Ridley. I even USED to passively support K. Rool until his fanbase pissed me off something fierce with their elitist bull****.

I just don't think we're getting all three, or even more than one, and this blind faith Sakurai's going to give us all three to me seems asinine based on past experiences and a lot of people are going to get their hopes up and then burnt as a result.

I'm not a bad sport though and I'll be more than happy to give you lunatics a nice support badge or something. Give me until Wednesday and I'll draw you guys something nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom