1. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 140,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 14 million posted discussions!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2. Get the first ever Smashboards shirt - available for a limited time only! Click here to get the shirt today for under $20!

3. The official Nintendo White Controller is on sale for under $33 right now! Get it before the price increases! Also, get the special Wii U - Smash Gamecube controller here!

4. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

Discussion in 'Brawl Workshop' started by InternetExplorer, Jul 22, 2013.

1. InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer Smash Lord

• Project M Dev Team
    Replacement SoundBank Engine (RSBE)
    (v1.20)

RSBE is an addition to the File Patch Code which allows SFX files to be loaded from the SD card. Using a mod of Super Sawndz, you can You can take .sawnd files and put them straight onto your SD card for easy SFX loading. This works for any soundbank including characters, menus, announcer, you name it!

What You Need

The code:

→ File Patch Code

→ Super Sawndz

How To Use
    1. Open your .brsar in Super Sawndz MOD
    2. Replace your desired SFX
    3. Highlight the sound group you'd like to export
    4. Click "Create sawnd"
    5. Put your .sawnd file in: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sfx
    6. Note: Your .sawnd file must be named after the Group ID, eg. Mario's soundbank must be named 8.sawnd
    Background

Hey, everyone! I'm InternetExplorer, a developer of Project M and SSBM Online. After many months of hard work, my greatest contribution to the Brawl modding community is complete. A warm thanks goes to Dantarion for helping me past a few hurdles.
    Although SFX replacement has previously been possible with Riivolution, RSBE provides a streamlined way of creating and sharing soundbanks in a way that is as simple and effective as it is to share costumes, music, etc. I am excited to see some of the soundbanks our talented Brawl modders can design.

NOTE: Remember that there is a file size limit. Making too large of a soundbank will freeze the game, so try to use sound effects that are equal or shorter in length to the default sounds. Sounds should also be in mono with a bit rate of 22050.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Twitter: @dansalvato1
    YouTube: dansalvato1
    Twitch.tv: dansalvato
  2. -Ran

-Ran Smash Master

Good Great job.
  3. MaxThunder

MaxThunder Smash Lord

InternetExplorer you are very very awezome and i'd give you all my moneys but i need them for food so...
    Xinc and SpiderMad like this.
  4. Dantarion

Dantarion Smash Champion

Woo! Nice to see this out in the air
    InternetExplorer likes this.
  5. Shun_one

Shun_one Smash Ace

• Premium
    NNID:
    shun_one
    This rocks. Good job. Now I can release KIU Pit for everyone!
  6. Nevergreen

Nevergreen Smash Lurker

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    0817-3854-3643
    NNID:
    Nevergreen
    This is incredible! I've wanted Japanese Meta Knight since day one of Brawl and it's finally gonna happen! You guys are seriously the greatest.

EDIT: Will this be included in future releases of Project M, or will we have to insert the code manually?
  7. hotdogturtle

hotdogturtle Smash Master

I've never used Sawnds or any of the sound effect programs before because I didn't care for Riivolution. What does it mean if makebnk.exe stops working when I'm trying to export the .bnk? I just replaced one menu sound that I was going to use as a test for the code.

Edit: Never mind, I was just missing a Python file. It looks like it worked now.
  8. Segtendo

Segtendo Smash Master

3DS FC:
    1306-5158-7205
    NNID:
    Segtend0

Said this over on KC:MM, but I love you.
  9. Mr.Jackpot

Mr.Jackpot Smash Lord

Are you Jesus?
    JediKnightTemplar likes this.
  10. Segtendo

Segtendo Smash Master

3DS FC:
    1306-5158-7205
    NNID:
    Segtend0

To those who get an error while running MakeBNK, just get python27.dll. Fixes things right up.
  11. Keitaro

Keitaro Smash Legend

OMG I will have this for my next hack pack for sure!!!
  12. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    Thanks for pointing that out. I will package this dll will the program and zip it back up. I forgot to test the program on a machine without Python installed. Can python27.dll just be put in the application folder, or does Python need to be installed completely?

Basically, my "integration" of .bnk support into Super Sawndz was just lazily compiling my old Python script into an exe and running it through the program, haha. I didn't feel like putting in the effort to re-code the thing in C#. =P
  13. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    Super Sawndz fixed, please re-download if you had problems.
  14. [TSON]

[TSON] Hella.

thank u for existing.
  15. Boasting Toast

Boasting Toast Smash Rookie

Wow, great job on this. Incredibly useful! Bravo!
  16. Eternal Yoshi

Eternal Yoshi The most specific General

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3394-4459-7089
    And thus Riivolution is now a thing of the past for the Smash modding community.
    Rood, Juushichi, felipe_9595 and 2 others like this.
  17. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    A while back I spoke with one of the Riivolution devs about the inner workings of the program (which ended up being not very relevant), but they basically said to me "good luck trying to emulate our superior method of file replacement"

Which I find particularly funny.
    Rood, Juushichi, Segtendo and 7 others like this.
  18. Zero Requiem

Zero Requiem Smash Cadet

3DS FC:
    0877-1638-6732
    Cannot wait to try this! thank you so much.
  19. [TSON]

[TSON] Hella.

I dunno about you but I'm feeling 22 probably still going to use it because of RiiFS being so convenient.
  20. Keitaro

Keitaro Smash Legend

Screw their method. If you take out the sd card during Riivolution it freezes. Also it's very confusing. I picked Gecko + ISO hacking over Riivolution. This new method you guys came up with can help me avoid ISO hacking with sounds, which is very annoying.
  21. Segtendo

Segtendo Smash Master

3DS FC:
    1306-5158-7205
    NNID:
    Segtend0

Like said above, it saves so much time with editing sounds in the BRSAR, replacing it in the ISO, save out a copy, and put it on the USB. Such a hassle, but it's a thing of the past now.
  22. Meiling

Meiling even miku looks at you with disgust

• Premium
    wait wait, so this effectively makes gecko able to have custom sounds now?
  23. hinkage

hinkage Smash Apprentice

Finally I can replace the Mach Tornado sfx with the crowd cheering
  24. NaijaboyIrin

NaijaboyIrin Smash Apprentice

does this work with the homebrew version of Project: M? And if so, where do i put the soundbank engine codes?
  25. Justyouraveragenoob

Justyouraveragenoob Smash Rookie

3DS FC:
    0259-0470-1716
    NNID:
    Notinteresting
    What exactly is the file size limit? I keep getting freezes (on the strap screen) when trying to replace menu sounds. Second thought, I even took out the .bnk file from the SD card and it was freezing after I selected a stage. Took out the code and everything was fine. I'm a bit confused here. (Please help....)
  26. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    Most file sizes can't get much larger than the default size in Brawl. Try to make the custom sounds no larger than the ones you replace. Put your sound in Audacity and cut away ALL silence from the beginning and end of the sound effect. Lowering the bit rate will also probably help.
    Justyouraveragenoob likes this.
  27. Justyouraveragenoob

Justyouraveragenoob Smash Rookie

3DS FC:
    0259-0470-1716
    NNID:
    Notinteresting
    Well, for some reason, the one I was trying to use was 2.62MB. I tried again, and then I was promptly able to get one that was 1.31MB, so I think that should put a stop to the first freeze. I'm still however, trying to tackle the second freeze (the one that occurs after I select a stage.). I'll try rearranging the GCT so RSBE comes before Alternate Stage Loader, as the code (ASL) has always tended to mess up some of the other codes in the gct. I dunno if that'll work, but it's worth a shot.

EDIT: I got it up and working. Thank you.
  28. Obskore

Obskore Smash Apprentice

Is there a problem using this code with Project M?
    i got 3 freezes in a row trying to use Japanese Falco, Melee Mario and Melee hit SFX
  29. MrJazzbo

MrJazzbo Smash Rookie

• Premium
    Is it possible to use this in combination with Riivolution? It'd be nice to have separate soundbanks for each mod like I do in Riivolution, but using this method instead of having everything condensed into 1 file.
  30. Supreme Dirt

Supreme Dirt King of the Railway

• Premium
    Would it be possible to get a version of the PM codeset with this code?

nvm was not lazy and did it myself
  31. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    I just updated RSBE to v1.20. This version supports native .sawnd files and does not support .bnk files. I highly recommend you update, and .bnk files are now obsolete.
  32. SAHunterMech

SAHunterMech Smash Rookie

I have a few comments for you regarding the RSBE...

1. I noticed that on this page, the code for the RSBE is still 1.11, but at the BrawlVault post it is 1.20.

2. I've been having a little trouble with your modded Super Sawndz; in the old version (1.11), I could export .bnk files, but they would always freeze my game, even when I made them obscenely small. Just to clarify, I triple checked that my imported .wavs were mono, 22500kHz, and had ADPCM compression, in addition to being shorter/smaller than the sounds they replaced.

In your new version of Super Sawndz (1.20), when I go to insert a sound, soundconv.exe starts up, and then it stops suddenly without actually inserting a new .wav.

3. If .bnk files are now obsolete, do we still have to use your modded version of SuperSawndz, or can we use the original version to make .sawnd files? That version works for me fine.

In any case, I very much appreciate your work to bring custom sounds to us Gecko users.
  33. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team

The code posted here is actually v1.20, I just forgot to update the version number.
    The original Super Sawndz works fine now, so go ahead and use that.
  34. SAHunterMech

Thank you very much, sir! I can't wait to finish my CD-i Ganon sawnd Hack...

...or else you will DIE!
  35. NoDes

NoDes Smash Cadet

I am so sorry for this but can some one upload the Project M GCT with the RSBE code? i have tried but gotten no luck. i really cant do this myself orz
    Meiling likes this.
  36. SonicMario

SonicMario Smash Champion

If Mario's Soundback is 8.sawnd. Can you post a list on what the other character's numbers are?
  37. SmashBroski

SmashBroski Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    1907-9072-8026
    NNID:
    BookerDewott
    Thank you based InternetExplorer for this blessing, I can finally have my JPN sfx for my space animals and Ike.

One question though, though this may not be the best place to ask, but will the RSBE code be implemented into future installments of Project M?
  38. InternetExplorer

• Project M Dev Team
    Yes. I created this code for use with Project M, and it is necessary for the sound effects of clone characters as well as other sound effect changes.
    SmashBroski likes this.
  39. SmashBroski

SmashBroski Smash Journeyman

3DS FC:
    1907-9072-8026
    NNID:
    BookerDewott

The Group ID is the number that appears in the Group ID field when you select a character's soundbank in Super Sawndz.

So for example, when I click Fox, the Group ID field is designated as 17, so I'd name my .sawnd file for Fox as "17.sawnd."

Hope this helps!
  40. SAHunterMech

InternetExplorer,

I'm back, and I've got a question about volume this time. You know the volume setting in BrawlBox? The value you can adjust when editing sounds? Can .sawnd files use a value other than the default? Some of my sounds just aren't loud enough..