• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's Dark Matter's time to... wait.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
For all you minimalists out there, here's some new icons. so shiny
What do you think?

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Things have been a bit slow lately so I think now is a good time to start a new discussion. Something that we're missing that some of the other threads have is a color palette for our character. So what I would like to know is what do you all think about potential color swaps for Dark Matter? Should he have color changes to his entire body like Kirby or maybe more subtle changes like Pac-Man? What different colors do should the skins be?

Personally, I feel that Dark Matter's skins should focus more on his armor and only have subtle changes to the color of his body. The standard colors, red, blue, green, and yellow, could be applied to his armor while only causing a slight change on his body. There could be exceptions with something like a white skin that makes Dark Matter look like Zero by giving him a white body and red armor.

If you have any ideas, feel free to put them forward.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Dark Matter Red (2).png
Do you think this would be a nice color scheme? Sorry for the crappy unclean quality, I'm not very good at MS Paint, nor am I a good artist.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Do you think this would be a nice color scheme? Sorry for the crappy unclean quality, I'm not very good at MS Paint, nor am I a good artist.
That looks great! It isn't of the highest quality but it definitely gets the point across. Thank you for contributing!

Hopefully we get a few more so I can put them all together for the OP. I could do it all myself, but that wouldn't really be in the spirit of a discussion thread. It's meant to be a group effort, so I'm really glad you took the time to do this.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Hello there everyone. It's been a couple weeks since this thread has been posted in so I thought I should give a quick update.

First off, if anyone has any ideas for colors, please post them. You don't need to draw anything, just saying it would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I have recently been made aware of Dark Matter's placing on Week 6 of the Smash Ballot Poll. Dark Matter placed at 59 out of 215 characters with a total of 6 votes. Now this may not seem to great considering Adeleine and Bandana Dee are both way ahead of us but how about instead of looking at who we lost to, we look at who we beat.

Magolor: Magolor got six votes, which is the same as Dark Matter but because Dark Matter comes before Magolor in the alphabet, we are one space ahead of him. I think that counts for something.

Quote: Cave Story is probably one of the greatest games ever created. Quote is very popular and is considered one of the most likely indie game characters. Dark Matter stomped him, receiving 50% more votes that he did.

Lip: I've never played Panel de Pon but that thread is pretty popular and we got double the votes. That's pretty good.

Skull Kid: One of the more requested Legend of Zelda characters I've seen. Dark Matter received six times as many votes has him.

Now some might say this means nothing because its a small poll of only around 2000 voters and the people who like those characters aren't voting, but right now, logic isn't important. I'm proud of everyone who helped this happen and I would like to ask you all to please continue your support in the future.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think there should be a color scheme similar to Drawcia's color scheme, and another similar to Yin Yarn. Those characters are vaguely similar design-wise
Maybe Magolor and Zero based palettes also?
Every other palette should keep him black changing only the color of his cape.

EDIT:
I think possessing the opponent is cool for the grabs.
He should be like Donkey Kong, who can walk while grabbing an opponent: the opponent is possessed by Dark Matter and the player who is controlling Dark Matter can walk slowly from inside his opponent.
But I'm not too sure about the directional moves after a grab... maybe Dark Matter is the only character who can't throw away the opponents during grabs, but he can force them to use their regular moves (not smash) doing damage in the meanwhile, kinda like Pichu in Melee? This could be a bit useless in 1vs1, but in a free for all, being able to control the opponent for a while and using his moves and his body to attack the other players could be very useful, especilly if you can't get damage while controlling your opponent.
Or else, possession is his neutral B, kinda like Kirby's inhale, while his grabs are regular grabs. Don't know.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I think there should be a color scheme similar to Drawcia's color scheme, and another similar to Yin Yarn. Those characters are vaguely similar design-wise
Maybe Magolor and Zero based palettes also?
Every other palette should keep him black changing only the color of his cape.

EDIT:
I think possessing the opponent is cool for the grabs.
He should be like Donkey Kong, who can walk while grabbing an opponent: the opponent is possessed by Dark Matter and the player who is controlling Dark Matter can walk slowly from inside his opponent.
But I'm not too sure about the directional moves after a grab... maybe Dark Matter is the only character who can't throw away the opponents during grabs, but he can force them to use their regular moves (not smash) doing damage in the meanwhile, kinda like Pichu in Melee? This could be a bit useless in 1vs1, but in a free for all, being able to control the opponent for a while and using his moves and his body to attack the other players could be very useful, especilly if you can't get damage while controlling your opponent.
Or else, possession is his neutral B, kinda like Kirby's inhale, while his grabs are regular grabs. Don't know.
That's a really interesting idea. It would definitely make him a more unique character. It could be similar to Donkey Kong's forward throw, where forward throw would posses the opponent while the others would act as normal throws. It would be useless in 1v1 but using it to suicide would pretty funny.

Those color ideas are great too. I like the idea of basing his colors on the different final bosses of Kirby games. It would be a good way to represent them since there are too many to include them all. Thank you for contributing. I plan on making a color palette once we get enough ideas.

Also, something I wanted to mention to everyone, the thread theme is subject to change. If there's a Kirby related song you think would fit, feel free to suggest it.

Last edited:

monzer

Smash Journeyman
One more thing, if dark matter does make it in, it will be the most powerful character in smash canonically. If a Kirby character deserves to make it in, it would either be Dark Matter or Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
One more thing, if dark matter does make it in, it will be the most powerful character in smash canonically. If a Kirby character deserves to make it in, it would either be Dark Matter or Bandana Dee.
I'm glad you think so highly of Dark Matter! I would like to ask you why you think Dark Matter is the most powerful canonically, I know he's strong but the roster includes some characters that are extremely powerful in their own games like Palutena, Ganondorf and even Kirby. That point really got me really curious.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad you think so highly of Dark Matter! I would like to ask you why you think Dark Matter is the most powerful canonically, I know he's strong but the roster includes some characters that are extremely powerful in their own games like Palutena, Ganondorf and even Kirby. That point really got me really curious.
It has been shown to posses Claycia, a reality warper, so it's same to assume that it can just posses any character other than Kirby. It also has like, 8 different forms, all with stats higher than Kirby. The only character I see beating it is Magalor soul because of the whole universal control, but even the master crown might also be dark matter.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
It has been shown to posses Claycia, a reality warper, so it's same to assume that it can just posses any character other than Kirby. It also has like, 8 different forms, all with stats higher than Kirby. The only character I see beating it is Magalor soul because of the whole universal control, but even the master crown might also be dark matter.
Dark Matter's ability to posses a control stronger beings then himself is a good point. That probably does make him the most powerful canonically.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm surprised nobody has suggested a Final Smash where Dark Matter possesses the target.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporters list. Dark Matter is freaking cool. Might make a moveset soon I'll see.
Thanks for the support! I'm looking forward to seeing that moveset!

I'm surprised nobody has suggested a Final Smash where Dark Matter possesses the target.
It has been suggested as one of his throws but using possession for a Final Smash could also be interesting. As a Final Smash it would give a feeling of total control (since the opponent can't shake out of it) which would really fit the character.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
It has been suggested as one of his throws but using possession for a Final Smash could also be interesting. As a Final Smash it would give a feeling of total control (since the opponent can't shake out of it) which would really fit the character.
So you can literally control the other character and make them walk of the stage. That would be awesome.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
So you can literally control the other character and make them walk of the stage. That would be awesome.
It would be even better if you could pop out of them as they're about to touch the blast zone and float back up. Only optionally of coarse because some people would want to suicide anyway.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Dark Matter seems like an interesting choice. If we were to obtain a Kirby newcomer, I would like it to be Dark Matter. We need more villains. I prefer history over relevance (as you can tell with my extreme support for Ray from the Custom Robo series).

Feel free to add me to the supporter list. Every vote matters.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Dark Matter seems like an interesting choice. If we were to obtain a Kirby newcomer, I would like it to be Dark Matter. We need more villains. I prefer history over relevance (as you can tell with my extreme support for Ray from the Custom Robo series).

Feel free to add me to the supporter list. Every vote matters.
Thank you for supporting Dark Matter!

I feel the same way about history over relevance. Every time a see people supporting brand new characters who have no history with Nintendo, it confuses me. This is especially true with characters like Yooka and Laylee as well as the Inklings before Splatoon was released since very little was known about them.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Thank you for supporting Dark Matter!

I feel the same way about history over relevance. Every time a see people supporting brand new characters who have no history with Nintendo, it confuses me. This is especially true with characters like Yooka and Laylee as well as the Inklings before Splatoon was released since very little was known about them.
No prob dude!

Yeah, I've started to notice that a lot as of late. Personally, I think a character should appear in a decent amount of games, have an important impact on their franchise (or Nintendo in general), and/or have something unique to bring to the Smash series. Dark Matter is important to the Kirby series due to him being one of the most important villains (and THE most important true villain character IMHO as Dedede and Meta Knight are more like Anti-Heroes at this point [at least to me]). In addition, we don't have a possession character in the Smash series yet. I'm always up for a character who adds a new playstyle to the fray. It gets more people to play the game (managed to get good friend at college to play Yellow Robin and she LOVES it (matches her hair and her favorite hoodie)!) and makes the game more interesting to watch.

There are obviously some exceptions to this rule (i.e. Greninja was decided on before Pokemon X and Y came out, Roy was included to help sell FE6, etc.), but generally characters represent something unique or important to the history of Nintendo.

I can actually see the possession mechanic borrow some elements from Quan Chi's Trance move from MK9 and MKX. It would allow him to set up for a strong move once the opponent's percentages are high or a combo opportunity if the damage is low. Of course, some balancing would be needed to ensure that he isn't overpowered, but I think he would be a very interesting character to have in the game. In addition, he could borrow some elements from Miracle Matter, the Sword version from Dream Land 2 (I'm assuming that's the primary form of Dark Matter being supported in Smash as opposed to the "eyeball" form [though both are pretty cool]), 0, 02, possessed Dedede (the chomping attack and the "stomach eye" attacks come to mind), and so on. In addition, isn't Dark Mind the mirror version of Nightmare and Dark Matter combined? He could borrow some attacks from there (mirrors, lasers, stars, bombs, etc.). Overall, he has a TON to go by for source material and history.

Off topic, but I wonder if Kracko will get a nod from the Smash series (besides that one Brawl Trophy) someday. He's pretty important in the Kirby series, being a recurring boss and all.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've started to notice that a lot as of late. Personally, I think a character should appear in a decent amount of games, have an important impact on their franchise (or Nintendo in general), and/or have something unique to bring to the Smash series. Dark Matter is important to the Kirby series due to him being one of the most important villains (and THE most important true villain character IMHO as Dedede and Meta Knight are more like Anti-Heroes at this point [at least to me]). In addition, we don't have a possession character in the Smash series yet. I'm always up for a character who adds a new playstyle to the fray. It gets more people to play the game (managed to get good friend at college to play Yellow Robin and she LOVES it (matches her hair and her favorite hoodie)!) and makes the game more interesting to watch.
You made a lot of good points. In fact, you gave me an idea for a new section in the OP that should have been there from the start. I'll get on that right away.

There are obviously some exceptions to this rule (i.e. Greninja was decided on before Pokemon X and Y came out, Roy was included to help sell FE6, etc.), but generally characters represent something unique or important to the history of Nintendo.
It's interesting how Roy worked out. I like to call him the only original Smash Bros character since it was technically his first game. Somehow it worked out and now he is a fan favorite. It seems like a lot of fans want to repeat that rise to fame with other new characters, which I don't think is healthy since there are so many other forgotten franchises and characters that could use that boost in popularity.

I can actually see the possession mechanic borrow some elements from Quan Chi's Trance move from MK9 and MKX. It would allow him to set up for a strong move once the opponent's percentages are high or a combo opportunity if the damage is low. Of course, some balancing would be needed to ensure that he isn't overpowered, but I think he would be a very interesting character to have in the game. In addition, he could borrow some elements from Miracle Matter, the Sword version from Dream Land 2 (I'm assuming that's the primary form of Dark Matter being supported in Smash as opposed to the "eyeball" form [though both are pretty cool]), 0, 02, possessed Dedede (the chomping attack and the "stomach eye" attacks come to mind), and so on. In addition, isn't Dark Mind the mirror version of Nightmare and Dark Matter combined? He could borrow some attacks from there (mirrors, lasers, stars, bombs, etc.). Overall, he has a TON to go by for source material and history.
I took a look at Quan Chi's Trance move and it definitely seems like something that could work for Dark Matter even if its a bit different than normal (since he usually enters the victims body). It could be something along the lines of a ranged Focus Attack. You seem to have a lot of ideas, would you be interested in providing a moveset?

Off topic, but I wonder if Kracko will get a nod from the Smash series (besides that one Brawl Trophy) someday. He's pretty important in the Kirby series, being a recurring boss and all.
The problem with Kracko is he's not as iconic as Whispy Woods. They are both reoccurring but Whispy appears more often and has been more important to the series. Whispy Woods also already appears in the game as a stage hazard so there isn't much room for Kracko to make an appearance outside of a trophy.

StormC

Smash Hero
Kracko is basically perfect as an Assist Trophy or stage boss.

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Kracko is basically perfect as an Assist Trophy or stage boss.
You're right about that. If you've ever played Kirby's Air Ride, his incarnation in Top Ride would probably be how he'd work. Either that or he just moves across the top of the screen firing lighting down at the fighters. The problem is Kirby already has two assist trophies, Knuckle Joe and Nightmare. I really like Kracko, but there isn't much room for him to fit in. Who knows though, maybe he'll get in next time.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
You made a lot of good points. In fact, you gave me an idea for a new section in the OP that should have been there from the start. I'll get on that right away.

It's interesting how Roy worked out. I like to call him the only original Smash Bros character since it was technically his first game. Somehow it worked out and now he is a fan favorite. It seems like a lot of fans want to repeat that rise to fame with other new characters, which I don't think is healthy since there are so many other forgotten franchises and characters that could use that boost in popularity.

I took a look at Quan Chi's Trance move and it definitely seems like something that could work for Dark Matter even if its a bit different than normal (since he usually enters the victims body). It could be something along the lines of a ranged Focus Attack. You seem to have a lot of ideas, would you be interested in providing a moveset?

The problem with Kracko is he's not as iconic as Whispy Woods. They are both reoccurring but Whispy appears more often and has been more important to the series. Whispy Woods also already appears in the game as a stage hazard so there isn't much room for Kracko to make an appearance outside of a trophy.
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! :)

I also consider Roy an original Smash Bros. character as he appeared in Melee before Binding Blade/Sword of Seals/Fuuin no Tsurugi. He's loved in Smash Bros., but he's kinda low on the list of favorite FE Lords (one of the lowest I think) when you go over to the FE Fanbase (i.e. Serenesforest, etc.). Heck, his DLC chapter in Awakening is called "Smash Brethren". I know a (cute) gal over at college who uses Roy all the time in Melee and PM (and likely Smash 4 when we meet again in a common room). She hasn't played any of the Fire Emblem games, but Roy is her favorite character in Smash Bros (she also liked Ike when she tried Brawl).

That being said, I think characters who represent a portion of Nintendo's history and/or have unique moveset potential should have priority over recently popular characters (i.e. Inklings, Nate Adams/Jibanyan [Yokai Watch characters], Shovel Knight [even though I love the game a ton], etc.). My general priority list for characters is classic characters (and how they impacted Nintendo and their series), un/under-represented franchises, then moveset potential. Dark Matter represents categories 1 and 3, being a classic character that has impacted Nintendo's Kirby franchise greatly back in the day while still having several influences to this day (Nidoos [those fake Dark Matter doors] appear in Kirby Triple Deluxe) and a character with unique moveset potential.

Speaking about movesets, I'll think of one for Dark Matter and will post back here once I figure it out. It's kinda fun to do these kind of things as it allows for creativity and the like. I created movesets for Ray (ranged combo fighter with horizontal air dashes instead of double jumps), the T-Rex Vivosaur (heavyweight character with a Fossil Point management system), Ganon (magic & trident user who focuses on overpowering the enemy with both ranged and close up attacks), Simon Belmont (whip user who uses vampire slaying tools to support him and offer stage control), and Ephraim (moves are based on Spartan Hoplite combat) in the past, so I think I can whip up something for Dark Matter (though I do like the current movesets on the OP as well).

Dark Matter does tend to go inside its host's body. However, it can split up into smaller dark matters to individually possess different hosts (at least in DL3 and 64). At one point, 3 Dark Matters were chasing Ribbon:

Granted, the "main" Dark Matter seems to possess the Political ruler of the world it tries to take over (King Dedede in all 3 titles, Fairy Queen in 64, and so on). But for Smash purposes, it could send off a tiny Dark Matter being that would enter the host and control them for around 120 frames on higher percents.

And good point about Kracko. Still, he could make it in Smash 5 (whenever that is made) as a Boss or an Assist Trophy. Whispy does outclass Kracko in reputation though.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! I appreciate the kind words! :)

I also consider Roy an original Smash Bros. character as he appeared in Melee before Binding Blade/Sword of Seals/Fuuin no Tsurugi. He's loved in Smash Bros., but he's kinda low on the list of favorite FE Lords (one of the lowest I think) when you go over to the FE Fanbase (i.e. Serenesforest, etc.). Heck, his DLC chapter in Awakening is called "Smash Brethren". I know a (cute) gal over at college who uses Roy all the time in Melee and PM (and likely Smash 4 when we meet again in a common room). She hasn't played any of the Fire Emblem games, but Roy is her favorite character in Smash Bros (she also liked Ike when she tried Brawl).

That being said, I think characters who represent a portion of Nintendo's history and/or have unique moveset potential should have priority over recently popular characters (i.e. Inklings, Nate Adams/Jibanyan [Yokai Watch characters], Shovel Knight [even though I love the game a ton], etc.). My general priority list for characters is classic characters (and how they impacted Nintendo and their series), un/under-represented franchises, then moveset potential. Dark Matter represents categories 1 and 3, being a classic character that has impacted Nintendo's Kirby franchise greatly back in the day while still having several influences to this day (Nidoos [those fake Dark Matter doors] appear in Kirby Triple Deluxe) and a character with unique moveset potential.

Speaking about movesets, I'll think of one for Dark Matter and will post back here once I figure it out. It's kinda fun to do these kind of things as it allows for creativity and the like. I created movesets for Ray (ranged combo fighter with horizontal air dashes instead of double jumps), the T-Rex Vivosaur (heavyweight character with a Fossil Point management system), Ganon (magic & trident user who focuses on overpowering the enemy with both ranged and close up attacks), Simon Belmont (whip user who uses vampire slaying tools to support him and offer stage control), and Ephraim (moves are based on Spartan Hoplite combat) in the past, so I think I can whip up something for Dark Matter (though I do like the current movesets on the OP as well).

Dark Matter does tend to go inside its host's body. However, it can split up into smaller dark matters to individually possess different hosts (at least in DL3 and 64). At one point, 3 Dark Matters were chasing Ribbon:

Granted, the "main" Dark Matter seems to possess the Political ruler of the world it tries to take over (King Dedede in all 3 titles, Fairy Queen in 64, and so on). But for Smash purposes, it could send off a tiny Dark Matter being that would enter the host and control them for around 120 frames on higher percents.

And good point about Kracko. Still, he could make it in Smash 5 (whenever that is made) as a Boss or an Assist Trophy. Whispy does outclass Kracko in reputation though.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think you have some good ideas, so I'm really looking forward to seeing that moveset! Also, I didn't know people actually cared about Yokai Watch, it didn't seem that exciting and its not released yet.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm thinking about going into deeper support with Dark Matter....

I can't vote for him via Smash Ballot as I already have my 1 vote per person reserved to Bandana Dee and unlike many I want to follow those rules...but I think I'll be here more often I will be making a moveset for Dark Matter so be on the lookout

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking about going into deeper support with Dark Matter....

I can't vote for him via Smash Ballot as I already have my 1 vote per person reserved to Bandana Dee and unlike many I want to follow those rules...but I think I'll be here more often I will be making a moveset for Dark Matter so be on the lookout
Thank you! I always love reading people's ideas. Also, it's fine if you already spent your vote, I only voted once myself.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Created a moveset for Dark Matter! Feel free to critique! Sorry it took a while!

SSB4 DLC Movesets: Dark Matter

One with an Eye for Evil

Name: Dark Matter

Game: Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (1995), Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (1997/1998), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (2000/2001), and Kirby Mass Attack (2011). Has a lingering presence in other titles though like Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, Nidoos, Mariel, and so on.

Series: Kirby Series (1992-Present)

Company: Nintendo & HAL Laboratory. Kirby is co-owned IIRC, so it is sort of like a 2nd party scenario due to HAL being affiliates with Nintendo.

Moveset Focus: Morphing and Trickery with a hint of Possession.

Characteristics & Strengths:
  • 2nd Bulkiest Kirby Character.
    • Basically, Dark Matter has a weight of 96 units, which is the same as Pit’s and Dark Pit’s weight. Compare that to Kirby’s 77, Meta Knight’s 80, and King Dedede’s 119.
    • That being said, Dark Matter is lighter than Mario (who is 98 units heavy), so it is still kinda light.
  • Floaty.
    • As Dark Matter is made of, well, dark matter, it is a bit floaty. It also floats in the Kirby games, so there’s that.
    • This means that Dark Matter shouldn’t have too much trouble getting back onto the stage if knocked away to one of the sides.
  • Fast Fall is fast.
    • When compared to Dark Matter’s normal vertical movement, its fast fall creates a great change in speed.
  • Decent Air Speed.
    • Can move around pretty well for a floaty character. This is because of how it can float. It isn’t Wario levels, but at least it’s better than Kirby’s.
    • Helps with horizontal recovery.
  • One of its special moves is the ability to “possess” the opponent.
    • When possessing the opponent, Dark Matter can control where the opponent walks by holding down the B button and pressing the desired direction.
  • Can wall cling and wall jump.
    • When clinging on a wall, Dark Matter “melts” onto it.
  • Has access to 2 midair jumps.
    • It floats in the source material, so it gets an extra jump.
Weaknesses:
  • Has the least amount of jumps for a Kirby character.
    • Has the ground jump and just 2 aerial jump.
    • You’d think that a character that could float in the air would be able to jump more….
  • Due to how floaty Dark Matter is, it is prone to getting KO’d on the upper blast line.
    • Floaty characters are a bit easier to KO due to their slow falling speed.
  • Dark Matter has slow running speed.
Misc:
  • For the majority of the time, Dark Matter is in its Swordsman form with its blade. However, it will not be a character that relies COMPLETELY on its sword.
  • This form of Dark Matter borrows attributes from Miracle Matter, 0, and Dark Mind (mainly the mirrors). Miracle Matter covers the elements that Dark Nebula has to cover already (seriously, Dark Nebula was a weak final boss) and Magalor is not that well tied with the Dark Matter family, despite him having an eyeball similar to Dark Matter in his final form.

Moves:
The following movies are for reference as to where certain moves come from.
Kirby's Dreamland 2:
Kirby's Dreamland 3:
Kirby 64 (Miracle Matter):
Kirby Quest:
  • Jab:
    • Slice:
      • Dark Matter slices once with its sword. Has good weight to it, but is surprisingly quick. 7% damage with decent knockback. Based on what Dark Matter sometimes does in the Kirby’s Dreamland 2 boss fight. Slash effect is used. See around 2:44 in Dreamland 2 video.
  • Dash Attack:
    • Cutter Rush:
      • Dark Matter uses Miracle Matter’s Cutter ability and transforms into a saw briefly. Does 4 hits of 1.25% where the final hit has standard dash attack knockback. Slash effect is used. See around 2:30 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Forward Strong/Forward Tilt:
    • Dark Beam:
      • Dark Matter transforms into its eye form temporarily and shoots a Dark Laser Beam forward. Has a good reach (reaches about 1 Battlefield platform away), but it isn’t the quickest attack. 10% damage with good knockback. Has Darkness effect. Based on attack that the True Form does in Kirby Quest. See around 0:42 in Kirby Quest video.
  • Up Strong/Up Tilt:
    • Dark Moon:
      • Dark Matter swipes the blade above it. Deals 9% damage and has a Slashing effect.
  • Down Strong/Down Tilt:
    • Orb Attack:
      • Dark Matter sends off an orb lining that travels low to hit the opponent. Deals 4% damage and minor knockback.
      • Based on the attack where Dark Matter’s True Form launches one of its orb linings from Dreamland 2 and 3. See around 4:03 in Dreamland 3 video.
  • Side Smash:
    • Lighting Storm:
      • Dark Matter charges up its eye and fires a condensed bolt of dark lightning. Deals 15% damage and has good knockback for a forward smash. The area it covers is the nice part about this move. Has an Electrical Effect. Based on the move that the True Form uses in Kirby’s Dreamland 2, but with less range and more power. See around 3:56 in Dreamland 3 video and 4:53 in Dreamland 2 video.
  • Up Smash:
    • Needle Fortress:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter uses the Needle ability to turn into a spiky core that covers the area around it. End lag is a BIT long (not as bad as the ending to Ike’s Up Smash though). Deals 13% damage and decent knockback. More of a defensive move. Stab effect is present. See around 1:29 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Down Smash:
    • Flame Plume:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a core of fire and blasts both sides of it with fire plumes. Each plume deals 11% and covers good distance. They expand (slightly) more when charged. Has Fire effect. See around 3:19 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Neutral Air/NAIR:
    • Glacier Spin:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter turns into an Ice Block and spins around with 6 icy pyramids. Does 6 hits of 1.5%. Has Ice effect and is able to freeze at higher percentages. See around 1:23 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Forward Air/FAIR:
    • Rainbow Killer:
      • Dark Matter does a fierce downwards vertical slash (think Ike's FAIR) that deals 15% and can KO well if timed right. Has a Slashing effect.
      • Name is reference to the Rainbow Sword, the weapon used to defeat Dark Matter in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.
  • Back Air/BAIR:
    • Spark Shot:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a ball of electricity and shoots a single line of charge. The line goes through the opponent and deals 2% each hit (can get about 4-5 hits with it). After a while, the line turns into a ball of electricity that moves around slowly. This ball deals 5% damage with weak knockback (it can NEVER KO) and slight homing ability. Does dissipate after 170 frames (2.86 seconds). Both attacks are Electrical. See around 1:09 in Miracle Matter video.
      • Unique thing about this move is the fact that Dark Matter can angle the attack upwards or downwards like some Forward Tilt attacks.
  • Up Air/UAIR:
    • Crystal Cracker:
      • Dark Matter stabs upwards with its sword, dealing 13% with good knockback. Has a Stab effect.
      • Name is reference to the Crystal Shards and the Crystal Gun, the items used to repel Dark Matter in Kirby 64.
  • Down Air/DAIR:
    • Stab in the Heart:
      • Dark Matter stabs downwards with its sword. The sword is considered a Meteor Smash if hit during the moment of the thrust. Deals 13% and has a Stab effect.
      • Name is SORT of a reference to the Love-Love Stick, the weapon used by Kirby against Dark Matter and 0 in Kirby’s Dreamland 3.
  • Grab Air/ZAIR:
    • N/A:
      • Dark Matter lacks a ZAIR.
  • Grab:
    • Grab:
      • Dark Matter materializes a hand from its stomach and uses it to grab the opponent.
  • Pummel:
    • Dark Squeeze:
      • The hand tightens. 2% with moderate rate of fire.
  • Forward Throw:
    • Bomb Bubble:
      • Dark Matter encases the opponent in a black bubble. It then taps the bubble away. The bubble bursts and deals 9% damage. Can KO well due to Dark Matter pushing the bubble away. See around 0:31 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Back Throw:
    • Boulder Roll:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. While still grabbing the opponent, Dark Matter does backwards rolling somersaults while in stone form and then tosses them backwards. Deals 4%, 4% (rolls over opponent twice), and then 2% (toss) with decent knockback for a back throw. More of a damage oriented throw than anything. Has a Flame effect. See around 2:06 in Miracle Matter video.
      • For those who have played Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, think Ken's Hell Wheel (back throw) move but with a giant boulder.
  • Up Throw:
    • Trick Shot:
      • Dark Matter tosses the opponent into the air (3%). It then generates a mirror and fires a laser from its eye into it, reflecting the shot into the opponent (5%). The mirror does 3% damage if touched. Not exactly the best throw for KOing the opponent, but it is quick and flashy.
      • A reference to Dark Mind.
  • Down Throw:
    • Bite:
      • Mimicking the time that it possessed King Dedede, Dark Matter gnaws into the opponent 4 times (1.75% each time). Knockback is low (and diagonally up and forward), so it can combo at certain percentages. See around 1:32 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.
  • Neutral Specials (variants of Possession)
    • 1: Possession:
      • Borrowed from 0 (technically) (see around 4:52 in Dreamland 3 video). Dark Matter sends out a tiny Dark Matter eyeball that moves forward in a somewhat quick fashion. If it managed to hit the opponent, it possesses the opponent.
      • If the possession is successful, then Dark Matter is able to control the opponent while holding down the B button. Actions that are permitted are mobility based actions (barring fast falling as that would make kills SUPER easy), shielding, taunting, and all attacks that aren’t special moves. If the B button is let go while an action is performed, then the possessed character will keep on performing that action. For example, say Jigglypuff is facing Dark Matter and gets hit with the possession move. Dark Matter’s player can hold down the B button to activate the possession. He/she chooses to shield as Jigglypuff. While holding down the shield button, the player lets go of the B button. Jigglypuff is still shielding and will continue to do so until its possession wears off or it gets hit. Knowing that Jigglypuff dies when its shield pops, the Dark Matter player keeps the Jigglypuff player shielding and closes in with an attack that pops the shield.
      • The formula that determines the number of frames that the possession is active for is the following:
        • Duration = (Damage)*(98/Weight).
        • For example’s sake, let’s say Kirby gets hit with the Possession attack at 135%. Kirby’s weight is 77, so we perform the following calculations:
        • Duration = (135)*(98/77) = 172 Frames, which is about 2.86 seconds.
      • After the effect wears off, the victim performs the animation that occurs when the effects of a shield break are done.
      • A couple of things to ensure that the move isn’t super broken:
        • The mini Dark Matter can be blocked.
        • If Dark Matter flinches during the process, the possession is cancelled due to it losing focus.
        • If the victim flinches during the process, the victim breaks free.
        • The victim cannot be commanded to fast fall, so jumping off a cliff is harder to do. Still, characters with Stall-Then-Fall moves are at a huge risk when fighting Dark Matter.
    • 2: Total Possession:
      • The mini Dark Matter that is sent out is MUCH slower than before. However, Dark Matter is able to possess the opponent for twice as long. Can’t be blocked either.
    • 3: Dark Orb:
      • Dark Matter fires an orb of energy that tracks the opponent twice. Deals 5% damage with decent knockback, but lacks the ability to possess the opponent. Up to 3 can be on the screen at once.
      • Based on Possessed Dedede’s other attack where the eyeball shoots orbs out to hurt Kirby. See around 1:11 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.
  • Side Specials (variants of Sword Dash):
    • 1: Sword Dash:
      • Dark Matter rushes forward with its sword (see around 2:55 in Dreamland 2 video and 0:07 in Kirby Quest Video). Dark Matter has Heavy Armor while performing this move, but the move is a bit slow. Dark Matter can delay the attack to make it move faster however by holding down the special button. Deals 12% damage with moderate knockback. Has a Stab effect. Doesn’t cause Dark Matter to enter freefall state in the air. However, it can’t act for a bit after the move is completed in the air (like Fox Illusion).
    • 2: Hasty Dash:
      • Dark Matter moves as fast as a fully charged Sword Dash without the need to charge. However, knockback is reduced, the damage is 6%, and Dark Matter lacks Heavy Armor.
    • 3: Chain Dash:
      • The Dash deals multiple hits (7 hits of 2%) and has more knockback, but it doesn’t move as far.
  • Up Specials (variants of Flight):
    • 1: Flight:
      • Borrowed from Indefinite Minimum’s moveset. Dark Matter transforms into its true form (the eyeball) and floats in a free direction (think similar to how Rosalina’s Up Special works, but without the spinning).
    • 2: Burst Flight:
      • Dark Matter has orb linings surrounding it that spread out and attack while flying. Dark Matter also tackles the opponent while performing this move. Dark Matter pauses for a bit before performing this move, so it can be predictable. The tackle deals 9% damage while the orbs deal 5% damage.
      • Based on the tackle attack that Dark Matter’s True Form does in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.
    • 3: Teleport:
      • Dark Matter teleports. Based on how several Kirby bosses teleport.
  • Down Specials (variants of Sword Beam):
    • 1: Sword Beam:
      • Dark Matter generates energy from its blade. There are 3 levels in this attack.
        • No charge: Dark Matter fires a quick sword beam that can be rapid fired with the rate of Brawl Falco’s lasers in the air. The deal 2% damage with little knockback. Comes from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 3:20 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video.
        • Some charge: Dark Matter fires an energy ball that is fired forward. The opponent can reflect it like a tennis ball. As more hits are done, the ball moves faster and deals more damage to the victim. Deals 7% damage default, but it can skyrocket to insanely high levels. Based on attack from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 2:46 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video.
        • Fully charged: Dark Matter fires a sword wave that moves fast and deals 13% with good knockback. Based on attack from Kirby Quest. See around 0:15 in Kirby Quest video.
      • Dark Matter has to do the charge on one go. If things look hairy, Dark Matter can opt to cancel the move by shielding or rolling. All attacks have a darkness effect to them.
    • 2: Rapid Beam:
      • The quick sword beam deals 3% damage. However, Dark Matter can no longer charge the attack.
    • 3: Charge Beam:
      • Dark Matter can store the charge of the beam. However, it loses access to the Rapid Beam.
  • Final Smash:
    • Invasion:
      • Dark Matter calls upon its “family” to invade the battlefield. The skies darken and Miracle Matter, Dark Matters, Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, and 0 appear to wreak havoc on the scene. Lasts for 20 seconds.
  • Ledge Attack:
    • Dark Matter fires a quick laser beam out of its eye. 5%.
  • Get Up Attack (Sitting):
    • Dark Matter creates a quick burst of dark energy. 5%.
  • Get Up Attack (Face Up):
    • Dark Matter fires a beam around it. 7%.
  • Get Up Attack (Face Down):
    • Dark Matter spins around with its sword. 7%.
Idle:
  • Normal: Dark Matter is floating up and down. Cape and hair are flowing and sometimes Dark Matter jolts with electricity. Sword is out as well in a horizontal position like its KD2 sprite. Basically a mix of the KD2 and KQ sprites.
  • Special 1: Looks at the screen with its eye menacingly. Eye turns red briefly.
  • Special 2: An eye pops out of Dark Matter’s stomach briefly. Dark Matter looks at it and it goes back inside.
Taunts:
  • Up: Dark Matter looks upwards and creates a shower of dark lighting above it. Can deal 1% damage with low knockback.
  • Side: Envelops sword with Darkness and Electricity and sticks it out menacingly. It then brings it back with a slice, dispelling the effects from the blade.
  • Down: Spins sword around it as if it is orbiting Dark Matter.
Victory Poses:
  • The camera looks upwards and an invasion of Dark Matters appear. Dark Matter poses similarly to its official artwork from KD2 as other Dark Matters (in the eyeball form) continue on flying by. An occasional Miracle Matter appears as well.
  • Dark Matter does some snazzy poses with its sword. It stares at the camera with its eye menacingly.
  • A rainbow appears in the background. Dark Matter then appears and cuts the rainbow in half with its sword. The rainbow crumbles and darkness starts to form around the victory screen. Dark Matter looks onward.
Costumes:
  1. Default
  2. Crimson Colors (Similar to Fire Dark Nebula)
  3. Green Colors (Similar to Electric Dark Nebula)
  4. Light Blue Colors (Similar to Ice Dark Nebula)
  5. Deep Blue Colors (Similar to Gooey)
  6. Purple, Silver, and Red (Dark Mind Colors)
  7. White and Red (Miracle Matter and 0 Colors)
  8. Grey and White (N-Z Colors)
Feel free to leave any comments and stuff mates!

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
This is a great moveset! You really went all out, it is very impressive. I'll go through it and tell you what I think.

Created a moveset for Dark Matter! Feel free to critique! Sorry it took a while!

One with an Eye for Evil

Game: Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (1995), Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (1997/1998), Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (2000/2001), and Kirby Mass Attack (2011). Has a lingering presence in other titles though like Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, Nidoos, Mariel, and so on.

Company: Nintendo & HAL Laboratory. Kirby is co-owned IIRC, so it is sort of like a 2nd party scenario due to HAL being affiliates with Nintendo.

• Basically, Dark Matter has a weight of 96 units, which is the same as Pit’s and Dark Pit’s weight. Compare that to Kirby’s 77, Meta Knight’s 80, and King Dedede’s 119.
    • That being said, Dark Matter is lighter than Mario (who is 98 units heavy), so it is still kinda light.
  • Floaty.
    • As Dark Matter is made of, well, dark matter, it is a bit floaty. It also floats in the Kirby games, so there’s that.
    • This means that Dark Matter shouldn’t have too much trouble getting back onto the stage if knocked away to one of the sides.
  • Fast Fall is fast.
    • When compared to Dark Matter’s normal vertical movement, its fast fall creates a great change in speed.
  • Decent Air Speed.
    • Can move around pretty well for a floaty character. This is because of how it can float. It isn’t Wario levels, but at least it’s better than Kirby’s.
    • When possessing the opponent, Dark Matter can control where the opponent walks by holding down the B button and pressing the desired direction.
Weaknesses:
    • You’d think that a character that could float in the air would be able to jump more….
  • Due to how floaty Dark Matter is, it is prone to getting KO’d on the upper blast line.
Misc:
  • For the majority of the time, Dark Matter is in its Swordsman form with its blade. However, it will not be a character that relies COMPLETELY on its sword.
  • This form of Dark Matter borrows attributes from Miracle Matter, 0, and Dark Mind (mainly the mirrors). Miracle Matter covers the elements that Dark Nebula has to cover already (seriously, Dark Nebula was a weak final boss) and Magalor is not that well tied with the Dark Matter family, despite him having an eyeball similar to Dark Matter in his final form.
Dark Matter is big but still made of a gaseous material so having an average weight makes sense, it's possible to go either way really. Instead of having an extra jump, I think it would it make more sense if he could float like Peach. Most characters that have extra jumps have wings or can inflate themselves. Dark Matter just sort of floats on the air, so he's more similar to Peach. I also think a float would work well with some of your ideas later on if the moveset.

Moves:
Kirby's Dreamland 2:
Kirby's Dreamland 3:
Kirby Quest:
  • Jab:
    • Slice:
      • Dark Matter slices once with its sword. Has good weight to it, but is surprisingly quick. 7% damage with decent knockback. Based on what Dark Matter sometimes does in the Kirby’s Dreamland 2 boss fight. Slash effect is used. See around 2:44 in Dreamland 2 video.
  • Dash Attack:
    • Cutter Rush:
      • Dark Matter uses Miracle Matter’s Cutter ability and transforms into a saw briefly. Does 4 hits of 1.25% where the final hit has standard dash attack knockback. Slash effect is used. See around 2:30 in Miracle Matter video.
    • Dark Beam:
      • Dark Matter transforms into its eye form temporarily and shoots a Dark Laser Beam forward. Has a good reach (reaches about 1 Battlefield platform away), but it isn’t the quickest attack. 10% damage with good knockback. Has Darkness effect. Based on attack that the True Form does in Kirby Quest. See around 0:42 in Kirby Quest video.
  • Up Strong/Up Tilt:
    • Dark Moon:
      • Dark Matter swipes the blade above it. Deals 9% damage and has a Slashing effect.
  • Down Strong/Down Tilt:
    • Orb Attack:
      • Dark Matter sends off an orb lining that travels low to hit the opponent. Deals 4% damage and minor knockback.
      • Based on the attack where Dark Matter’s True Form launches one of its orb linings from Dreamland 2 and 3. See around 4:03 in Dreamland 3 video.
I really like the idea of Cutter Rush as a dash attack. I didn't incorporate Miracle Matter too much in my moveset and you've made me realize there's a lot of creative ways to use it. I think it would be best if the Miracle Matter transformations didn't change the color of his body very much since it wouldn't really fit the character, so the saw would be black with orange or white spikes.

I like your idea for Dark Matter's down and up tilts. Large sweeping sword motions work well on Dark Matter since the sword isn't attached to his body. The down tilt seems like the perfect way for Dark Matter to set up combos. He could send out a petal which knocks the opponent above him for a follow up. This would work well with up tilt because of its range.

Dark Beam is a really good idea for forward tilt considering your decision to make Dark Matter slow. A quick long range attack would really help him out.

• Side Smash:
    • Lighting Storm:
      • Dark Matter charges up its eye and fires a condensed bolt of dark lightning. Deals 15% damage and has good knockback for a forward smash. The area it covers is the nice part about this move. Has an Electrical Effect. Based on the move that the True Form uses in Kirby’s Dreamland 2, but with less range and more power. See around 3:56 in Dreamland 3 video and 4:53 in Dreamland 2 video.
  • Up Smash:
    • Needle Fortress:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter uses the Needle ability to turn into a spiky core that covers the area around it. End lag is a BIT long (not as bad as the ending to Ike’s Up Smash though). Deals 13% damage and decent knockback. More of a defensive move. Stab effect is present. See around 1:29 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Down Smash:
    • Flame Plume:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a core of fire and blasts both sides of it with fire plumes. Each plume deals 11% and covers good distance. They expand (slightly) more when charged. Has Fire effect. See around 3:19 in Miracle Matter video.
Needle Fortress is a really cool idea for Up Smash. I can imagine Dark Matter shrinking down into a small orb then bursting into a ball of black spikes. Flame plume is a great idea too. Charging for extra range means a fully charged Down Smash would cover a very large area for a pretty long time if it is anything like Miracle Matter's attack. It would be really good for ledge guarding but less useful on stage. Lighting Storm works well with Dark Matter and would probably look really cool.

• Neutral Air/NAIR:
    • Glacier Spin:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter turns into an Ice Block and spins around with 6 icy pyramids. Does 6 hits of 1.5%. Has Ice effect and is able to freeze at higher percentages. See around 1:23 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Forward Air/FAIR:
    • Rainbow Killer:
      • Dark Matter does a fierce downwards vertical slash (think Ike's FAIR) that deals 15% and can KO well if timed right. Has a Slashing effect.
      • Name is reference to the Rainbow Sword, the weapon used to defeat Dark Matter in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.
  • Back Air/BAIR:
    • Spark Shot:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a ball of electricity and shoots a single line of charge. The line goes through the opponent and deals 2% each hit (can get about 4-5 hits with it). After a while, the line turns into a ball of electricity that moves around slowly. This ball deals 5% damage with weak knockback (it can NEVER KO) and slight homing ability. Does dissipate after 170 frames (2.86 seconds). Both attacks are Electrical. See around 1:09 in Miracle Matter video.
      • Unique thing about this move is the fact that Dark Matter can angle the attack upwards or downwards like some Forward Tilt attacks.
  • Up Air/UAIR:
    • Crystal Cracker:
      • Dark Matter stabs upwards with its sword, dealing 13% with good knockback. Has a Stab effect.
      • Name is reference to the Crystal Shards and the Crystal Gun, the items used to repel Dark Matter in Kirby 64.
  • Down Air/DAIR:
    • Stab in the Heart:
      • Dark Matter stabs downwards with its sword. The sword is considered a Meteor Smash if hit during the moment of the thrust. Deals 13% and has a Stab effect.
      • Name is SORT of a reference to the Love-Love Stick, the weapon used by Kirby against Dark Matter and 0 in Kirby’s Dreamland 3.
Glacier Spin is what I thought would work really well with the float ability since it would likely be a long lasting move that covers a large area. You could float towards you opponent in the air while protected by blocks of ice.

This is the only part of your moveset where I would make major changes. I would make Rainbow Killer a Back Air instead of Forward Air, because I think a projectile attack would work better as a forward air. Back Air is also typically the stronger of the two aerials and a sword swing would fit that theme better.

This is the part were I incorporated Zero's abilities in my moveset. I can tell you where trying to avoid that, which is fine, but I personally prefer Zero's red orb projectiles as a Forward Air rather than a complicated homing projectile. I also think Zero's spike would work better as a Down Air, especially because the downwards sword stab has been done many times before (Shulk, Ike, Roy, Link). Either one would work well with the float ability since Dark Matter could hover over the edge of the stage to spike opponents.

Crystal Cracker is simple but effective.
  • Grab Air/ZAIR:
    • N/A:
  • Grab:
    • Grab:
      • Dark Matter materializes a hand from its stomach and uses it to grab the opponent.
  • Pummel:
    • Dark Squeeze:
  • Forward Throw:
    • Bomb Bubble:
      • Dark Matter encases the opponent in a black bubble. It then taps the bubble away. The bubble bursts and deals 9% damage. Can KO well due to Dark Matter pushing the bubble away. See around 0:31 in Miracle Matter video.
  • Back Throw:
    • Boulder Roll:
      • Borrowed from Miracle Matter. While still grabbing the opponent, Dark Matter does backwards rolling somersaults while in stone form and then tosses them backwards. Deals 4%, 4% (rolls over opponent twice), and then 2% (toss) with decent knockback for a back throw. More of a damage oriented throw than anything. Has a Flame effect. See around 2:06 in Miracle Matter video.
      • For those who have played Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, think Ken's Hell Wheel (back throw) move but with a giant boulder.
  • Up Throw:
    • Trick Shot:
      • Dark Matter tosses the opponent into the air (3%). It then generates a mirror and fires a laser from its eye into it, reflecting the shot into the opponent (5%). The mirror does 3% damage if touched. Not exactly the best throw for KOing the opponent, but it is quick and flashy.
  • Down Throw:
    • Bite:
      • Mimicking the time that it possessed King Dedede, Dark Matter gnaws into the opponent 4 times (1.75% each time). Knockback is low (and diagonally up and forward), so it can combo at certain percentages. See around 1:32 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.
These are some really creative ideas for throws. Bomb Bubble seems like the kind of throw that could be used for kill setups at high percent since the opponent would be trapped in a bubble. Boulder Roll reminds me of Sonic and Pikachu's back throws. Trick Shot is an interesting idea. It would be neat if you could angle the mirror yourself for the sake of style. Bite as Down Throw is a funny idea since it would be like Pac-man's only more violent.

• Borrowed from 0 (technically) (see around 4:52 in Dreamland 3 video). Dark Matter sends out a tiny Dark Matter eyeball that moves forward in a somewhat quick fashion. If it managed to hit the opponent, it possesses the opponent.
      • If the possession is successful, then Dark Matter is able to control the opponent while holding down the B button. Actions that are permitted are mobility based actions (barring fast falling as that would make kills SUPER easy), shielding, taunting, and all attacks that aren’t special moves. If the B button is let go while an action is performed, then the possessed character will keep on performing that action. For example, say Jigglypuff is facing Dark Matter and gets hit with the possession move. Dark Matter’s player can hold down the B button to activate the possession. He/she chooses to shield as Jigglypuff. While holding down the shield button, the player lets go of the B button. Jigglypuff is still shielding and will continue to do so until its possession wears off or it gets hit. Knowing that Jigglypuff dies when its shield pops, the Dark Matter player keeps the Jigglypuff player shielding and closes in with an attack that pops the shield.
      • The formula that determines the number of frames that the possession is active for is the following:
        • For example’s sake, let’s say Kirby gets hit with the Possession attack at 135%. Kirby’s weight is 77, so we perform the following calculations:
      • After the effect wears off, the victim performs the animation that occurs when the effects of a shield break are done.
        • If Dark Matter flinches during the process, the possession is cancelled due to it losing focus.
        • The victim cannot be commanded to fast fall, so jumping off a cliff is harder to do. Still, characters with Stall-Then-Fall moves are at a huge risk when fighting Dark Matter.
      • The mini Dark Matter that is sent out is MUCH slower than before. However, Dark Matter is able to possess the opponent for twice as long. Can’t be blocked either.
      • Dark Matter fires an orb of energy that tracks the opponent twice. Deals 5% damage with decent knockback, but lacks the ability to possess the opponent. Up to 3 can be on the screen at once.
      • Based on Possessed Dedede’s other attack where the eyeball shoots orbs out to hurt Kirby. See around 1:11 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.
      • Dark Matter rushes forward with its sword (see around 2:55 in Dreamland 2 video and 0:07 in Kirby Quest Video). Dark Matter has Heavy Armor while performing this move, but the move is a bit slow. Dark Matter can delay the attack to make it move faster however by holding down the special button. Deals 12% damage with moderate knockback. Has a Stab effect. Doesn’t cause Dark Matter to enter freefall state in the air. However, it can’t act for a bit after the move is completed in the air (like Fox Illusion).
      • Dark Matter moves as fast as a fully charged Sword Dash without the need to charge. However, knockback is reduced, the damage is 6%, and Dark Matter lacks Heavy Armor.
      • The Dash deals multiple hits (7 hits of 2%) and has more knockback, but it doesn’t move as far.
      • Borrowed from Indefinite Minimum’s moveset. Dark Matter transforms into its true form (the eyeball) and floats in a free direction (think similar to how Rosalina’s Up Special works, but without the spinning).
      • Dark Matter has orb linings surrounding it that spread out and attack while flying. Dark Matter also tackles the opponent while performing this move. Dark Matter pauses for a bit before performing this move, so it can be predictable. The tackle deals 9% damage while the orbs deal 5% damage.
      • Based on the tackle attack that Dark Matter’s True Form does in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.
      • Dark Matter generates energy from its blade. There are 3 levels in this attack.
        • No charge: Dark Matter fires a quick sword beam that can be rapid fired with the rate of Brawl Falco’s lasers in the air. The deal 2% damage with little knockback. Comes from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 3:20 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video.
        • Some charge: Dark Matter fires an energy ball that is fired forward. The opponent can reflect it like a tennis ball. As more hits are done, the ball moves faster and deals more damage to the victim. Deals 7% damage default, but it can skyrocket to insanely high levels. Based on attack from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 2:46 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video.
        • Fully charged: Dark Matter fires a sword wave that moves fast and deals 13% with good knockback. Based on attack from Kirby Quest. See around 0:15 in Kirby Quest video.
      • Dark Matter has to do the charge on one go. If things look hairy, Dark Matter can opt to cancel the move by shielding or rolling. All attacks have a darkness effect to them.
      • The quick sword beam deals 3% damage. However, Dark Matter can no longer charge the attack.
      • Dark Matter can store the charge of the beam. However, it loses access to the Rapid Beam.
  • Final Smash:
    • Invasion:
      • Dark Matter calls upon its “family” to invade the battlefield. The skies darken and Miracle Matter, Dark Matters, Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, and 0 appear to wreak havoc on the scene. Lasts for 20 seconds.
  • Ledge Attack:
Your Neutral B seems like a great way to implement possession. The only problem is it makes certain match ups a lot more polarizing since it could mean an instant kill on some characters. It would have to be very difficult to land for that reason. Forcing your opponent to taunt at a high percent and then killing them is an awesome idea because of how stylish it is.

Sword Dash is very similar to Ike and Mii Swordsman's Quick Draw. It would be cool if it stalled in mid air to differentiate it and make it fit with Dark Matter more. It would also work better if Dark Matter had the ability to float that I mentioned before.

I like the Up B.

Down B is a good way to incorporate Sword Beam. I think Dark Mind's Mirrors would work best as a Down B but I also had Sword Beam as Neutral B in my moveset. Because there's not really any other spot for it, it believe it takes priority over a reflector. Switching it with Neutral B so Down B is Possession instead makes more sense to me. The reason for this is charge moves are usually Neutral B's and Kirby would be able to copy Possession otherwise. The three different stages add a lot of variety to move, much like Robin's Thunder, which is a nice idea.

Your Final Smash is cool but there might be a bit to much going on. Five large objects appearing on the screen and spamming projectiles everywhere would probably kill the 3ds and your opponents eyes. I prefer the idea of just summoning Zero since he's kind of like the leader of all Dark Matter.

I don't have much to say about the ledge and get up attacks. They're good but they aren't really something I pay much attention to.

Idle:
  • Normal: Dark Matter is floating up and down. Cape and hair are flowing and sometimes Dark Matter jolts with electricity. Sword is out as well in a horizontal position like its KD2 sprite. Basically a mix of the KD2 and KQ sprites.
  • Special 1: Looks at the screen with its eye menacingly. Eye turns red briefly.
  • Special 2: An eye pops out of Dark Matter’s stomach briefly. Dark Matter looks at it and it goes back inside.
Taunts:
  • Up: Dark Matter looks upwards and creates a shower of dark lighting above it. Can deal 1% damage with low knockback.
  • Side: Envelops sword with Darkness and Electricity and sticks it out menacingly. It then brings it back with a slice, dispelling the effects from the blade.
Victory Poses:
  • The camera looks upwards and an invasion of Dark Matters appear. Dark Matter poses similarly to its official artwork from KD2 as other Dark Matters (in the eyeball form) continue on flying by. An occasional Miracle Matter appears as well.
  • Dark Matter does some snazzy poses with its sword. It stares at the camera with its eye menacingly.
  • A rainbow appears in the background. Dark Matter then appears and cuts the rainbow in half with its sword. The rainbow crumbles and darkness starts to form around the victory screen. Dark Matter looks onward.
Costumes:
  1. Default
Idle Special 2 is amazing, Down Taunt stands out the most of the three, the cutting a rainbow idea is hilarious and all the colors make sense.

The time you put into this moveset really shows. It is incredibly detailed and filled with tons of awesome ideas. This is a wonderful addition to the thread, thanks a bunch!

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
This is a great moveset! You really went all out, it is very impressive. I'll go through it and tell you what I think.

Dark Matter is big but still made of a gaseous material so having an average weight makes sense, it's possible to go either way really. Instead of having an extra jump, I think it would it make more sense if he could float like Peach. Most characters that have extra jumps have wings or can inflate themselves. Dark Matter just sort of floats on the air, so he's more similar to Peach. I also think a float would work well with some of your ideas later on if the moveset.

I really like the idea of Cutter Rush as a dash attack. I didn't incorporate Miracle Matter too much in my moveset and you've made me realize there's a lot of creative ways to use it. I think it would be best if the Miracle Matter transformations didn't change the color of his body very much since it wouldn't really fit the character, so the saw would be black with orange or white spikes.

I like your idea for Dark Matter's down and up tilts. Large sweeping sword motions work well on Dark Matter since the sword isn't attached to his body. The down tilt seems like the perfect way for Dark Matter to set up combos. He could send out a petal which knocks the opponent above him for a follow up. This would work well with up tilt because of its range.

Dark Beam is a really good idea for forward tilt considering your decision to make Dark Matter slow. A quick long range attack would really help him out.

Needle Fortress is a really cool idea for Up Smash. I can imagine Dark Matter shrinking down into a small orb then bursting into a ball of black spikes. Flame plume is a great idea too. Charging for extra range means a fully charged Down Smash would cover a very large area for a pretty long time if it is anything like Miracle Matter's attack. It would be really good for ledge guarding but less useful on stage. Lighting Storm works well with Dark Matter and would probably look really cool.

Glacier Spin is what I thought would work really well with the float ability since it would likely be a long lasting move that covers a large area. You could float towards you opponent in the air while protected by blocks of ice.

This is the only part of your moveset where I would make major changes. I would make Rainbow Killer a Back Air instead of Forward Air, because I think a projectile attack would work better as a forward air. Back Air is also typically the stronger of the two aerials and a sword swing would fit that theme better.

This is the part were I incorporated Zero's abilities in my moveset. I can tell you where trying to avoid that, which is fine, but I personally prefer Zero's red orb projectiles as a Forward Air rather than a complicated homing projectile. I also think Zero's spike would work better as a Down Air, especially because the downwards sword stab has been done many times before (Shulk, Ike, Roy, Link). Either one would work well with the float ability since Dark Matter could hover over the edge of the stage to spike opponents.

Crystal Cracker is simple but effective.
These are some really creative ideas for throws. Bomb Bubble seems like the kind of throw that could be used for kill setups at high percent since the opponent would be trapped in a bubble. Boulder Roll reminds me of Sonic and Pikachu's back throws. Trick Shot is an interesting idea. It would be neat if you could angle the mirror yourself for the sake of style. Bite as Down Throw is a funny idea since it would be like Pac-man's only more violent.

Your Neutral B seems like a great way to implement possession. The only problem is it makes certain match ups a lot more polarizing since it could mean an instant kill on some characters. It would have to be very difficult to land for that reason. Forcing your opponent to taunt at a high percent and then killing them is an awesome idea because of how stylish it is.

Sword Dash is very similar to Ike and Mii Swordsman's Quick Draw. It would be cool if it stalled in mid air to differentiate it and make it fit with Dark Matter more. It would also work better if Dark Matter had the ability to float that I mentioned before.

I like the Up B.

Down B is a good way to incorporate Sword Beam. I think Dark Mind's Mirrors would work best as a Down B but I also had Sword Beam as Neutral B in my moveset. Because there's not really any other spot for it, it believe it takes priority over a reflector. Switching it with Neutral B so Down B is Possession instead makes more sense to me. The reason for this is charge moves are usually Neutral B's and Kirby would be able to copy Possession otherwise. The three different stages add a lot of variety to move, much like Robin's Thunder, which is a nice idea.

Your Final Smash is cool but there might be a bit to much going on. Five large objects appearing on the screen and spamming projectiles everywhere would probably kill the 3ds and your opponents eyes. I prefer the idea of just summoning Zero since he's kind of like the leader of all Dark Matter.

I don't have much to say about the ledge and get up attacks. They're good but they aren't really something I pay much attention to.

Idle Special 2 is amazing, Down Taunt stands out the most of the three, the cutting a rainbow idea is hilarious and all the colors make sense.

The time you put into this moveset really shows. It is incredibly detailed and filled with tons of awesome ideas. This is a wonderful addition to the thread, thanks a bunch!
Thanks for the feedback mate! I agree with replacing the 3rd jump with a float. Makes more sense in hindsight.

Regarding the aerials, I agree with you as well (swapping BAIR with FAIR, changing FAIR to blood, and making DAIR 02's green stalk thing). I'm kinda having a hard time determining how I can use the Spark Ability. Maybe make it the pummel where the Spark travels through Dark Matter's hand via the "arm" and then have it electrocute the victim. Each press of A deals 3 hits of 1% or something I guess.

As for the specials, forgot about Kirby. I agree with swapping Down B with Neutral B in that case. Also, Side B in the air should mimic how it works in game (like you said). Maybe have it be constant in distance and have the speed be decided based on how long the button is held down (like Ryu's Hadoukens). That way, it isn't chargeable like Ike's but it offers different speeds. Also, maybe allow the Aerial version to move slightly up or down?

Feel free to make those changes on the OP if you want mate! I basically agree with you 100%. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
02 (Zero Two) is one of my all time favorite final bosses. Something so epic, so disturbing, coming out of a Kirby game (my all time favorite Kirby game and one of my top 5 favorites on the N64 mind you) was very memorable. Because your character idea here is related to 02 I would gladly welcome it into Smash, especially if it had a 02 Final Smash.

Oh, and Sakurai? Thank you oh so very much for 02's theme in Smash, it's one of my favorites, but please do not SCREW IT UP NEXT TIME. It's supposed to be off putting, moody, and almost kinda tragic sounding while also being threatening and sinister....not that peppy crap remix you had on the Halberd stage, what with the constant "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!" you have in there which throws the entire thing off.

/end rant

Then again I welcome any Kirby 64 representation, and by extension any of the Dark Matter era games, in Smash. So I support.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Definitely a more interesting Kirby newcomer than a freaking Waddle Dee. Count me in as supporter, though I am primarily an Adeleine support at heart.

Edit: I love 02's remixed theme in Smash >_> Sure it is nothing like the original, but... it sounds good!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Definitely a more interesting Kirby newcomer than a freaking Waddle Dee. Count me in as supporter, though I am primarily an Adeleine support at heart.

Edit: I love 02's remixed theme in Smash >_> Sure it is nothing like the original, but... it sounds good!
I guess I prefer the more tragic violin side of it than the beat side of it. There's a pretty awesome remix out there

Which is everything I want in a 02 remix.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

One with an Eye for Evil

• Floaty.
  • Fast Fall is fast.
  • Decent Air Speed.
Weaknesses:
Misc:

Moves:
Kirby's Dreamland 2:
Kirby's Dreamland 3:
Kirby Quest:
  • Jab:
    • Slice:
  • Dash Attack:
    • Cutter Rush:
    • Dark Beam:
  • Up Strong/Up Tilt:
    • Dark Moon:
  • Down Strong/Down Tilt:
    • Orb Attack:
  • Side Smash:
    • Lighting Storm:
  • Up Smash:
    • Needle Fortress:
  • Down Smash:
    • Flame Plume:
  • Neutral Air/NAIR:
    • Glacier Spin:
  • Forward Air/FAIR:
    • Rainbow Killer:
  • Back Air/BAIR:
    • Spark Shot:
  • Up Air/UAIR:
    • Crystal Cracker:
  • Down Air/DAIR:
    • Stab in the Heart:
  • Grab Air/ZAIR:
    • N/A:
  • Grab:
    • Grab:
  • Pummel:
    • Dark Squeeze:
  • Forward Throw:
    • Bomb Bubble:
  • Back Throw:
    • Boulder Roll:
  • Up Throw:
    • Trick Shot:
  • Down Throw:
    • Bite:
  • Final Smash:
    • Invasion:
  • Ledge Attack:
Idle:
Taunts:
Victory Poses:
Costumes:
  1. Default
I love the moveset..I don't know if I'm too into the Miracle Matter stuff but I LOVE THIS

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I guess I prefer the more tragic violin side of it than the beat side of it. There's a pretty awesome remix out there

But I still like the Brawl 02's remixed theme ^_^

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
But I still like the Brawl 02's remixed theme ^_^
Fair enough, your opinion is as good as mine. I should be counting my stars and be glad 02's theme is in the game at all at this point.

((Oh who am I kidding, I sold my Wii U so I don't get any 02 theme at all on the crappy 3DS version which for some reason is not good enough for My Music))

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Thread Title: Darkness Matter Vote Dark Matter for DLC

Here I wanted to help so I made a reboot for the thread.

Welcome to the Dark Matter support thread! This is the thread where all of us Dark Matter supporters gather to discuss Dark Matter being a character for Smash 4 DLC!

Who is Dark Matter?

Dark Matter is a major villain in the Kirby series. It is controlled by Zero, as well as his revived form 02. It is a major villain in Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards. It is a shadowy sphere lined with smaller orange (originally purple) spheres, with a single eye in the middle. Dark Matter first confronts Kirby as a swordsman-like being in its debut. It usually possesses someone to help it with its goal. This is usually King Dedede. "Dark Matter" does not necessarily refer to an individual, but rather any of a number of shadowy clouds. Naturally, these clouds amass to form a comet the size of a planet (containing Zero at its center) from which they can break off of to reek havoc on Pop Star or even envelope entire planets, as shown during their attack on Ripple Star. Although Zero can be thought of as the Dark Matter clouds' collective mind, they actually appear to be a "species" capable of independent thought. Generic enemies such as Nidoo and Mariel are also technically made out of Dark Matter, though not the entity's base form. It also made appearances in modern Kirby games as well. In Kirby Kirby: Canvas Curse (A drawing in Paint Panic), Kirby Squeak Squad (In a villains group portrait), Kirby Super Star Ultra (a collectible card in Card Swipe), and in Kirby Mass Attack ( the final boss in Kirby Quest). It and Zero has a massive fan following among Kirby fans, especially older ones. Its appearance in newer Kirby games proves a that Sakurai may has a soft spot for it despite being created by Sakamoto. Also, Kirby's Dream Collection for the Wii will be containing Dark Matter's appearances (Kirby's Dreamland 2 to Kirby 64), which will mark its current appearance. Dark Matter also is reoccurring and appears in 7 games, making it equally as important as Bandana Dee.
Why Dark Matter?

Dark Matter is a true villainous being in the Kirby series

While people argue that Magolor or some other one off villains of the Kirby series are true villains to the series Dark Matter has not only played a major antagonist in every appearance (unlike Magolor and Daroach) but has at least partially carried out its plan.

Dark Matter is unique.

One of Sakurai’s main criteria for a character to make it into Smash is uniqueness and Dark Matter is a character like no other in the Smash Roster. You may be thinking, “Wouldn’t he just be a generic sword fighter?” but while it may be true that Dark Matter uses a sword, he has plenty of other aspects that make him unique as well as a multitude of forms to draw a move set from. Another thing to keep in mind is that Dark Matter’s sword is not connected to his body, and as shown in his boss fight in Kirby Mass Attack, he can make it appear and disappear at will. This opens the possibility for a wide variety of both sword based and non-sword based attacks. He also has the somewhat rare quality of being a villain, which is not common among the Smash roster

Dark Matter has great moveset potential.

There is a ton of source material to draw from for Dark Matter's moveset. His swordsman form uses a lot of different sword based attacks and projectiles and his ball form has used a variety of lasers and lightning based attacks. Dark Matter could also draw from his relatives for even more potential. Zero has used a lot of different projectiles like lasers and shooting smaller Dark Matters from its body, and he has also attacked by using his green spiked tail. Miracle Matter used attacks based off each of Kirby's copy abilities from Kirby 64, Dark Mind used mirror based attacks and Dark Nebula used forms based off of fire, ice, and electricity. Dark Matter could even use some moves he got when he possessed King Dedede like opening his stomach into a large mouth or even the act of possession itself.

Dark Matter fits the style.

Dark Matter’s Swordsman form has a cartoonish design that fits well with the other characters. He’s not too detailed and complex but he also has some intricacies to his design that help him look the part. He shares this trait with King Dedede and Meta Knight. An objection to this may come from 02 who is well known for spewing blood from his eye during his boss fight, but much like violence in Metroid games, this can simply be left out as it does not apply to Dark Matter’s swordsman form and is not a major part of his character.

Dark Matter is just plain AWESOME.

Dark Matter is the kind of character people would want to play as. He has the potential for a lot of cool attacks and has a similar aesthetic to popular characters like Ganondorf. He can properly fill the evil character slot for the Kirby series and also add another villain to the roster which is also a great thing!

Current arguments against Dark Matter

He's not relevant

Well technically Matter is nor created or destroyed.

BAHAHAHAHA Ok let's get serious.

Some characters in the Smash roster are also irrelevant such as Captain Falcon, Doctor Mario, Marth, Ike, and Jigglypuff. While Dark Matter may not have appeared in the series in a while he is still an actual antagonist for the Kirby series making him incredibly important to the series history.

There are better choices

While Bandana Dee, Adeliene, and Magolor are commonly brought up for Kirby representatives they all don't have the history that Dark Matter has with the Kirby series. Bandana Dee has only gained popularity recently and Magolor and Adeliene have no reason to appear in a future Kirby game.

Kirby doesn't need another representative.

To quote another thread:
"There really is no way to tell since "need" is such a subjective word. If Kirby, Meta knight, King Dedede, and Bandana Dee were all playable in a roster with forty-five characters, that only gives the Kirby series representation of 8.88% for the entire roster.
With Mario now getting 5 different representatives, it wouldn't hurt to follow that pattern adding a fourth representative to Kirby, considering it's popularity and being one of the largest Nintendo series."
This clearly points out the nonsense inside of this entire "counterargument"
just replace Bandana Dee with Dark Matter ;3

Miracle Movesets
General:
Jumps - 2
Weight - Heavy
Speed - Average
Fall Speed - Slow

Normals:
Jab - Dark Matter swings his sword downward then fires a short laser beam from the tip of his sword straight forward, based on one of his attacks from his boss fight in Kirby's Dreamland 2.

Forward Tilt - Dark Matter thrusts his sword forward in a straight line.

Up Tilt - Dark Matter forms spikes on his back and thrusts upwards, based on his some of his animations from Kirby Mass Attack.

Down Tilt - Dark Matter thrusts his sword forward and low to the ground quickly.

Dash Attack - Dark Matter holds his sword out in front of him while continuing to move forward.

Smashes:
Forward Smash - Dark Matter holds his above and in front of himself horizontally and them forcefully drops it straight down.

Up Smash - Dark Matter fires a laser from the tip of his sword straight upwards.

Down Smash - Dark Matter rotates his sword a full circle around the bottom of his body.

Aerials:
Forward Air - Dark Matter fires a flurry of small red orbs from his eye, based on one of Zero 2's attacks from Kirby 64.

Back Air - Dark Matter forms spikes on his back the pierce his cape. The cape reforms right after somehow. Does anyone know what his cape is made of? It kind of just appears on him.

Up Air - Dark Matter moves his sword in a half circle above his head.

Down Air - Dark Matter protrudes a large green spike from the bottom of his body, based on the spike that appears on Zero 2 during his boss fight in Kirby 64.

Specials:
Neutral B: Dark Matter charges a ball of energy on the tip of his sword for a moment and immediately fires it after it is finished charging, Based on one of his attacks from Kirby's Dreamland 2.

Forward B: Dark Matter lifts his visor and fires a beam of black lightning from his eye. Based on his laser attacks from multiple games.

Up B: Dark Matter takes on his more ball like form and launches upward at a controlled angle. Based on his ball form from multiple games.

Down B: Dark Matter summons mirrors on both sides of himself that shatter if they are touched. They can also reflect projectiles. Based on Dark Mind's mirrors.

Final Smash: Zero is summoned to the battlefield to fire red beams of energy and smaller Dark Matters at the fighters. Based on the Zero boss fight from Dreamland 3

STATS
Screen Name: Dark Matter
Offense: 7/10
Defense: 4/10
Weight: 5/10
Speed: 9/10
Jump: 8/10
Size: 6/10
Fall Speed: 6/10
Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes.

ATTACKS
Legendary:
Attack, Attack name, description.

Standard attacks
Combo: Sword Combo: Dark Matter swings its blade left and right and finishes with a dark jab.
Side Tilt: Sword Smack: It smacks you with the end of its blade.
Up Tilt: Overhead Swing: Dark Matter swing its sword above its head.
Down Tilt: Stab: It stabs the ground.

Smash attacks
Side Smash: Dark Pulse: Dark Matter bulges its eye out of the "belly" to shove anyone ahead of it.
Up Smash: Dark Spear: Dark Matter thrust it sword above itself with a heavy amount of darkness.
Down Smash: Split Up: This is an easy one. Dark Matter splits two pieces of itself (Mini Matters) to attack anyone one either side of it.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: Sword Twirl: It swirls its blade in front of it.
Front Aerial: Thunder Lance: It jab itself blade forward with electricity.
Back Aerial: Backhand Swing: It swings its blade behind itself.
Up Aerial: Upwards Swing: Name says it all…
Down Aerial: Dark Spike: Dark Matter converts its bottom into a black spike and stab anyone below it.

Situation attacks
Dash Attack: Sword Rush: Dark Matter rushes at its fe foe with the blade outstretched.
Ledge Sweep (under 100%): Ball Lunge: It converts into its true form as it "climbs" and rams the foe.
Ledge Sweep (over 100%): Heavy Slice: It climbs up on land, and does a heavy slice.
Get up attack (under 100%): Dark Force: It emits a Dark Burst from itself.
Get Up Attack (over 100%): Dark Formation: It converts into a ball and thrust itself upwards before turning back to its original form.

Grabs and Throws: Miracle Matter
Grab and Pummel: It possesses it foe and messes with their mind.
Front throw: It converts into a saw blade and cuts its foe.
Backwards throw: It converts into an ice ball and attack it foe with 4 ice balls, the final causing knockback. Depending on how high the foes damage percentage is, the foe will be frozen.
Up throw: Dark Matter controls the person to jump while spiking its foe in a form of a needle as it leaves the body.
Down throw: It converts to its into a fireball and attacks below itself with a flame burst.

Misc. Animations
Sleeping: It bends down a little and faints while breathing.
Stunned: It struggles with its forms and sizzle.

Neutral Special: Dark Lightning: Dark Matter's eye glows red for about a second, and then a surge of black lightning comes from its eye extending about four Kirbys away. The lightning can be aimed much in the manner that Fox's Fire Fox recovery works, except Dark Matter can only fire the lightning diagonally in front of him. If hit, it doesn't do much knockback at all, but deals out decent damage. The slight lag on this move makes it unspammable, but still is quick. Also, because the knockback sucks, but the range is good, a good strategy involves Dark Matter dodging attacks and firing these off until high enough damage is dealt then use a Smash attack. Unfortunatly, a reflector can reflect this attack, which is dangerous due to it's range.
Side Special: Dark Flurry: Dark Matter raises its sword to charge energy. As he charges, a grey color begins to cover his sword. Once Dark Matter decides to release the attack, he swings his sword, and undulating grey blobs fly from his sword straight forward. These grey blobs are unique in that they can be reflected, yes, but by any attack, meaning that Dead Man's Volley* games can be played with them. However, as you hit the grey blobs, they go faster, and volleying can become harder, and the stakes grow higher, as they deal more damage depending on how fast they are going. This move can bring out a minimum of one grey blob, to a maximum of four. This move can be good for mixing things up in crowded group, as if Dark Matter needed to better at dealing with multiple opponents. The attack does deal average knockback and damage, and hanging back from a big fight, and then releasing four blobs at the fighting group and then either they will get hit, or they will get involved in a Volley, which is just what you want, as it causes distraction of dealing with an opponent, and Volleying at the same time. The move is much less effective in one-on-one combat, and unless you have great reflexes, isn't a bright idea to use often in one-on-one.
Up Special: Dark Matter Rush: Dark Matter suddenly bursts from its swordsman disgiuse, dashes higher into the air, and once the top of the recovery is reached, is surrounded by darkness, and then gains new armor and sword. This also gets rid of the graphical effect of the forward taunt. The move comes out surprisingly fast, and starts with amazing speed, buts ends slowly, and the ending lag of the transformation makes it a strictly recovery-only attack, not meant as a real attack. It can be surprising, and deals plenty of knockback if used as an attack, however. However, a smart opponent will punish you for using this move at the wrong time, as the ending lag is terrible.
Down Special: Zero's Wound: Dark Matter's eye turns to red, and small red discs begin to fly out of him, just like Zero's most common attack in Kirby's Dream Land 3. Also, while the move is being executed, a ghostly image of Zero appears right over Dark Matter while it is preforming this attack. The attack does low knockback and decent damage, and in addition hits multiple times, as about 5 discs fly out of Dark Matter. The discs travel about as quick as Mario running (not dashing) normally. The move can be good to pressure opponents, especially in tandem with a fully-charged Dark Flurry, as multiple projectiles fly at the opponent at one time. The attack has some bad lag at first, but ends very quickly, and in fact, the second the last disc leaves Dark Matter's body, Dark Matter may move freely, allowing for pure pressure to be used with this move. It also works well against groups, but shines in one-on-one, where freaking out a single enemy is a lot simpler than causing a group to panic.
Final Smash: Zero Two's Revenge: Dark Matter's eye becomes red, and looks fairly weak once his Final Smash has been activated. A bright flash of light, and in Dark Matter's place is Zero Two, revived once more! As Zero Two, you may fly around the stage to your content. Zero Two can fight for about 30 seconds before dissappearing. A variety of attacks are at your disposal as well. You may use:
Neutral Special: Zero's Wound: The same as Dark Matter's down Special, but with bit of added strength. Each disc deals about 15%
Side Special: Tail Thrust: Zero Two shows its backside to the opponent and thrust its large green cactus tail out of it's butt. The move deals 12% damage and heavy knockback each time.
Up Special: Misery Barrage: Zero does a quick fly-by in the background and fires large red spheres at the players. If used, it ends Zero's Final Smash and deals 40% damage per hit.
Down Special: Crystal Storm: Basically, a scattershot of explosive crystals. This attack was used by Zero Two. The crystals do about 10% each, but have heavy knockback and are short ranged.
Kirby Hat - Kirby wears a visor with one eye in it with black spikes for hair as well as Dark Matters Thrust Blade Ability.

TAUNTS

Taunt 1 – Dark Matter begins to "melt" lightning shoots up over its body and several Dark Matter eyes open on its body as it reforms and the eyes close.

Taunt 2 – Dark Matter looks into the background and Zero begins watching the fight from a distance. If Dark Matter is KO'ed, or deals a Final Smash, Zero teleports away in a dark cloud of smoke.

Taunt 3 – Dark Matter points its sword forward, and it slowly becomes black, as if it was made of Dark Matter. In addtion, eyes appear on the sword. This has no effect on any of Dark Matter's abilities, it is simply a graphical effect.

Victory Posses and Losing pose.
Up: It laughs as Zero's eye looms over the scene.
Down: It swings its blade twice and looks away from the screen.
Side: It turns into multiple Mini Matters and fly around before forming back into its original form.
Losing: It melts into the ground and disappears.

SNAKE'S CODEC FOR DARK MATTER
CODEC CHANNEL: 140.85

COLONEL: Come in Snake! Are you there Snake?

SNAKE: Ugh, sorry- this thing is giving me the willies.

COLONEL: That's Dark Matter Snake, no one really knows what it is.

SNAKE: That's comforting.

COLONEL: Dark Matter has proven to be a dangerous adversary its known abilities include possession, being able to split itself into hundreds of parts, manifesting weapons and even eclipsing an entire planet in darkness. Be careful in dealing with it Snake.

SNAKE: Got it....hrm...

COLONEL: What is it?

SNAKE: Nothing,...its just... You really didn't put my nerves to rest...

COLONEL:...Sorry.

SIDE NOTES

ENTRANCE - A black ball of energy floats down to the stage crackling with blue electricity as it transforms into the sword wielding Dark Matter.

Victory Music - Kirby Series Victory Theme (Meta Knight Ver.) -
[link]

WII-MOTE SFX - Something like a moan is space? something like this:
[link]

COLORS

Colors:
DARK PURPLE - Dark Matter Purple
DARK RED - Zero Red (RED Team)
DARK BLUE - Deep Dark Blue (BLUE Team)
DARK GREEN - Shady Green (GREEN Team)
PINK - Star Warrior Pink
BLACK - Darkest Black

One with an Eye for Evil

Name: Dark Matter Game: Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (1995), Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (1997/1998), Kirby 64: The Crystal
Shards (2000/2001), and Kirby Mass Attack (2011). Has a lingering presence in other titles though like Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, Nidoos, Mariel, and so on.

• 2nd Bulkiest Kirby Character. Basically, Dark Matter has a weight of 96 units, which is the same as Pit’s and Dark Pit’s weight. Compare that to Kirby’s 77, Meta Knight’s 80, and King Dedede’s 119. That being said, Dark Matter is lighter than Mario (who is 98 units heavy), so it is still kinda light.
  • Floaty. As Dark Matter is made of, well, dark matter, it is a bit floaty. It also floats in the Kirby games, so there’s that. This means that Dark Matter shouldn’t have too much trouble getting back onto the stage if knocked away to one of the sides.
  • Fast Fall is fast. When compared to Dark Matter’s normal vertical movement, its fast fall creates a great change in speed.
  • Decent Air Speed. Can move around pretty well for a floaty character. This is because of how it can float. It isn’t Wario levels, but at least it’s better than Kirby’s. Helps with horizontal recovery.
  • One of its special moves is the ability to “possess” the opponent. When possessing the opponent, Dark Matter can control where the opponent walks by holding down the B button and pressing the desired direction.
  • Can wall cling and wall jump. When clinging on a wall, Dark Matter “melts” onto it. Has access to 2 midair jumps. It floats in the source material, so it gets an extra jump.
Weaknesses:
  • Has the least amount of jumps for a Kirby character. Has the ground jump and just 2 aerial jump. You’d think that a character that could float in the air would be able to jump more….
  • Due to how floaty Dark Matter is, it is prone to getting KO’d on the upper blast line. Floaty characters are a bit easier to KO due to their slow falling speed.
Misc:
  • For the majority of the time, Dark Matter is in its Swordsman form with its blade. However, it will not be a character that relies COMPLETELY on its sword. This form of Dark Matter borrows attributes from Miracle Matter, 0, and Dark Mind (mainly the mirrors). Miracle Matter covers the elements that Dark Nebula has to cover already (seriously, Dark Nebula was a weak final boss) and Magalor is not that well tied with the Dark Matter family, despite him having an eyeball similar to Dark Matter in his final form.

Moves: The following movies are for reference as to where certain moves come from. Kirby's Dreamland 2: Kirby's Dreamland 3: Kirby 64 (Miracle Matter): Kirby Quest:

Jab: Slice - Dark Matter slices once with its sword. Has good weight to it, but is surprisingly quick. 7% damage with decent knockback. Based on what Dark Matter sometimes does in the Kirby’s Dreamland 2 boss fight. Slash effect is used. See around 2:44 in Dreamland 2 video.

Dash Attack: Cutter Rush - Dark Matter uses Miracle Matter’s Cutter ability and transforms into a saw briefly. Does 4 hits of 1.25% where the final hit has standard dash attack knockback. Slash effect is used. See around 2:30 in Miracle Matter video.

Forward Strong/Forward Tilt: Dark Beam - Dark Matter transforms into its eye form temporarily and shoots a Dark Laser Beam forward. Has a good reach (reaches about 1 Battlefield platform away), but it isn’t the quickest attack. 10% damage with good knockback. Has Darkness effect. Based on attack that the True Form does in Kirby Quest. See around 0:42 in Kirby Quest video.

Up Strong/Up Tilt: Dark Moon - Dark Matter swipes the blade above it. Deals 9% damage and has a Slashing effect.

Down Strong/Down Tilt: Orb Attack - Dark Matter sends off an orb lining that travels low to hit the opponent. Deals 4% damage and minor knockback. Based on the attack where Dark Matter’s True Form launches one of its orb linings from Dreamland 2 and 3. See around 4:03 in Dreamland 3 video.

Side Smash: Lighting Storm - Dark Matter charges up its eye and fires a condensed bolt of dark lightning. Deals 15% damage and has good knockback for a forward smash. The area it covers is the nice part about this move. Has an Electrical Effect. Based on the move that the True Form uses in Kirby’s Dreamland 2, but with less range and more power. See around 3:56 in Dreamland 3 video and 4:53 in Dreamland 2 video.

Up Smash: Needle Fortress - Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter uses the Needle ability to turn into a spiky core that covers the area around it. End lag is a BIT long (not as bad as the ending to Ike’s Up Smash though). Deals 13% damage and decent knockback. More of a defensive move. Stab effect is present. See around 1:29 in Miracle Matter video.

Down Smash: Flame Plume - Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a core of fire and blasts both sides of it with fire plumes. Each plume deals 11% and covers good distance. They expand (slightly) more when charged. Has Fire effect. See around 3:19 in Miracle Matter video.

Neutral Air/NAIR: Glacier Spin - Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter turns into an Ice Block and spins around with 6 icy pyramids. Does 6 hits of 1.5%. Has Ice effect and is able to freeze at higher percentages. See around 1:23 in Miracle Matter video.

Forward Air/FAIR: Rainbow Killer - Dark Matter does a fierce downwards vertical slash (think Ike's FAIR) that deals 15% and can KO well if timed right. Has a Slashing effect. Name is reference to the Rainbow Sword, the weapon used to defeat Dark Matter in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.

Back Air/BAIR: Spark Shot - Borrowed from Miracle Matter. Dark Matter transforms into a ball of electricity and shoots a single line of charge. The line goes through the opponent and deals 2% each hit (can get about 4-5 hits with it). After a while, the line turns into a ball of electricity that moves around slowly. This ball deals 5% damage with weak knockback (it can NEVER KO) and slight homing ability. Does dissipate after 170 frames (2.86 seconds). Both attacks are Electrical. See around 1:09 in Miracle Matter video. Unique thing about this move is the fact that Dark Matter can angle the attack upwards or downwards like some Forward Tilt attacks.

Up Air/UAIR: Crystal Cracker - Dark Matter stabs upwards with its sword, dealing 13% with good knockback. Has a Stab effect. Name is reference to the Crystal Shards and the Crystal Gun, the items used to repel Dark Matter in Kirby 64.

Down Air/DAIR: Stab in the Heart - Dark Matter stabs downwards with its sword. The sword is considered a Meteor Smash if hit during the moment of the thrust. Deals 13% and has a Stab effect. Name is SORT of a reference to the Love-Love Stick, the weapon used by Kirby against Dark Matter and 0 in Kirby’s Dreamland 3.

Grab Air/ZAIR: N/A: Dark Matter lacks a ZAIR.

Grab: Dark Matter materializes a hand from its stomach and uses it to grab the opponent. Pummel: Dark Squeeze: The hand tightens. 2% with moderate rate of fire.

Forward Throw: Bomb Bubble - Dark Matter encases the opponent in a black bubble. It then taps the bubble away. The bubble bursts and deals 9% damage. Can KO well due to Dark Matter pushing the bubble away. See around 0:31 in Miracle Matter video.

Back Throw: Boulder Roll - Borrowed from Miracle Matter. While still grabbing the opponent, Dark Matter does backwards rolling somersaults while in stone form and then tosses them backwards. Deals 4%, 4% (rolls over opponent twice), and then 2% (toss) with decent knockback for a back throw. More of a damage oriented throw than anything. Has a Flame effect. See around 2:06 in Miracle Matter video. For those who have played Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike, think Ken's Hell Wheel (back throw) move but with a giant boulder.

Up Throw: Trick Shot - Dark Matter tosses the opponent into the air (3%). It then generates a mirror and fires a laser from its eye into it, reflecting the shot into the opponent (5%). The mirror does 3% damage if touched. Not exactly the best throw for KOing the opponent, but it is quick and flashy. A reference to Dark Mind.

Down Throw: Bite - Mimicking the time that it possessed King Dedede, Dark Matter gnaws into the opponent 4 times (1.75% each time). Knockback is low (and diagonally up and forward), so it can combo at certain percentages. See around 1:32 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.

Neutral Specials (variants of Possession)

1: Possession - Borrowed from 0 (technically) (see around 4:52 in Dreamland 3 video). Dark Matter sends out a tiny Dark Matter eyeball that moves forward in a somewhat quick fashion. If it managed to hit the opponent, it possesses the opponent. If the possession is successful, then Dark Matter is able to control the opponent while holding down the B button. Actions that are permitted are mobility based actions (barring fast falling as that would make kills SUPER easy), shielding, taunting, and all attacks that aren’t special moves. If the B button is let go while an action is performed, then the possessed character will keep on performing that action. For example, say Jigglypuff is facing Dark Matter and gets hit with the possession move. Dark Matter’s player can hold down the B button to activate the possession. He/she chooses to shield as Jigglypuff. While holding down the shield button, the player lets go of the B button. Jigglypuff is still shielding and will continue to do so until its possession wears off or it gets hit. Knowing that Jigglypuff dies when its shield pops, the Dark Matter player keeps the Jigglypuff player shielding and closes in with an attack that pops the shield. The formula that determines the number of frames that the possession is active for is the following: Duration = (Damage)*(98/Weight). For example’s sake, let’s say Kirby gets hit with the Possession attack at 135%. Kirby’s weight is 77, so we perform the following calculations: Duration = (135)*(98/77) = 172 Frames, which is about 2.86 seconds. After the effect wears off, the victim performs the animation that occurs when the effects of a shield break are done. A couple of things to ensure that the move isn’t super broken: The mini Dark Matter can be blocked. If Dark Matter flinches during the process, the possession is cancelled due to it losing focus. If the victim flinches during the process, the victim breaks free. The victim cannot be commanded to fast fall, so jumping off a cliff is harder to do. Still, characters with Stall-Then-Fall moves are at a huge risk when fighting Dark Matter.

2: Total Possession - The mini Dark Matter that is sent out is MUCH slower than before. However, Dark Matter is able to possess the opponent for twice as long. Can’t be blocked either.

3: Dark Orb - Dark Matter fires an orb of energy that tracks the opponent twice. Deals 5% damage with decent knockback, but lacks the ability to possess the opponent. Up to 3 can be on the screen at once. Based on Possessed Dedede’s other attack where the eyeball shoots orbs out to hurt Kirby. See around 1:11 in Kirby's Dreamland 3 video.

Side Specials (variants of Sword Dash):

1: Sword Dash - Dark Matter rushes forward with its sword (see around 2:55 in Dreamland 2 video and 0:07 in Kirby Quest Video). Dark Matter has Heavy Armor while performing this move, but the move is a bit slow. Dark Matter can delay the attack to make it move faster however by holding down the special button. Deals 12% damage with moderate knockback. Has a Stab effect. Doesn’t cause Dark Matter to enter freefall state in the air. However, it can’t act for a bit after the move is completed in the air (like Fox Illusion).

2: Hasty Dash - Dark Matter moves as fast as a fully charged Sword Dash without the need to charge. However, knockback is reduced, the damage is 6%, and Dark Matter lacks Heavy Armor.

3: Chain Dash - The Dash deals multiple hits (7 hits of 2%) and has more knockback, but it doesn’t move as far.

Up Specials (variants of Flight):

1: Flight - Borrowed from Indefinite Minimum’s moveset. Dark Matter transforms into its true form (the eyeball) and floats in a free direction (think similar to how Rosalina’s Up Special works, but without the spinning).

2: Burst Flight - Dark Matter has orb linings surrounding it that spread out and attack while flying. Dark Matter also tackles the opponent while performing this move. Dark Matter pauses for a bit before performing this move, so it can be predictable. The tackle deals 9% damage while the orbs deal 5% damage. Based on the tackle attack that Dark Matter’s True Form does in Kirby’s Dreamland 2.

3: Teleport - Dark Matter teleports. Based on how several Kirby bosses teleport.

Down Specials (variants of Sword Beam):

1: Sword Beam - Dark Matter generates energy from its blade. There are 3 levels in this attack. No charge: Dark Matter fires a quick sword beam that can be rapid fired with the rate of Brawl Falco’s lasers in the air. The deal 2% damage with little knockback. Comes from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 3:20 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video. Some charge: Dark Matter fires an energy ball that is fired forward. The opponent can reflect it like a tennis ball. As more hits are done, the ball moves faster and deals more damage to the victim. Deals 7% damage default, but it can skyrocket to insanely high levels. Based on attack from Kirby’s Dreamland 2. See around 2:46 in Kirby's Dreamland 2 video. Fully charged: Dark Matter fires a sword wave that moves fast and deals 13% with good knockback. Based on attack from Kirby Quest. See around 0:15 in Kirby Quest video. Dark Matter has to do the charge on one go. If things look hairy, Dark Matter can opt to cancel the move by shielding or rolling. All attacks have a darkness effect to them.

2: Rapid Beam - The quick sword beam deals 3% damage. However, Dark Matter can no longer charge the attack.

3: Charge Beam - Dark Matter can store the charge of the beam. However, it loses access to the Rapid Beam.

Final Smash: Invasion - Dark Matter calls upon its “family” to invade the battlefield. The skies darken and Miracle Matter, Dark Matters, Dark Mind, Dark Nebula, and 0 appear to wreak havoc on the scene. Lasts for 20 seconds.

Ledge Attack: Dark Matter fires a quick laser beam out of its eye. 5%.

Get Up Attack (Sitting): Dark Matter creates a quick burst of dark energy. 5%.

Get Up Attack (Face Up): Dark Matter fires a beam around it. 7%.

Get Up Attack (Face Down): Dark Matter spins around with its sword. 7%.

Idle:

Normal: Dark Matter is floating up and down. Cape and hair are flowing and sometimes Dark Matter jolts with electricity. Sword is out as well in a horizontal position like its KD2 sprite. Basically a mix of the KD2 and KQ sprites.

Special 1: Looks at the screen with its eye menacingly. Eye turns red briefly.

Special 2: An eye pops out of Dark Matter’s stomach briefly. Dark Matter looks at it and it goes back inside.

Taunts:

Up: Dark Matter looks upwards and creates a shower of dark lighting above it. Can deal 1% damage with low knockback.

Side: Envelops sword with Darkness and Electricity and sticks it out menacingly. It then brings it back with a slice, dispelling the effects from the blade.

Down: Spins sword around it as if it is orbiting Dark Matter.

Victory Poses:

The camera looks upwards and an invasion of Dark Matters appear. Dark Matter poses similarly to its official artwork from KD2 as other Dark Matters (in the eyeball form) continue on flying by.

An occasional Miracle Matter appears as well. Dark Matter does some snazzy poses with its sword. It stares at the camera with its eye menacingly.

A rainbow appears in the background. Dark Matter then appears and cuts the rainbow in half with its sword. The rainbow crumbles and darkness starts to form around the victory screen. Dark Matter looks onward.

Costumes:
Crimson Colors (Similar to Fire Dark Nebula)
Green Colors (Similar to Electric Dark Nebula)
Light Blue Colors (Similar to Ice Dark Nebula)
Deep Blue Colors (Similar to Gooey)
Purple, Silver, and Red (Dark Mind Colors)
White and Red (Miracle Matter and 0 Colors)
Grey and White (N-Z Colors)

Palutena's Guidance
Pit: Who's this guy, Lady Palutena?
Palutena: Pit, be careful, that's Dar-*voice gradually starts to fade out*
Pit: Lady Palutena, what's going on?
Dark Matter: Hello, Angel.
Pit: Is that...you?!
Dark Matter: Amusing, you're enough of a fool to challenge me, but too much of a coward to address me face to face.
Pit: What--who are you?
Dark Matter: I've gone by many names in my life, but my favorite is Zero, enemy of the Star Warrior.
Pit: You're Kirby's bad guy?
Dark Matter: Indeed, the little monster has been a thorn in my side since I started my mission of enveloping the galaxy--no, the universe in Dark Matter. Although I doubt you'll provide the same challenge.
Pit: Hey!
Dark Matter: Although, I do see the potential killer in you, O slayer of the Chariot Master.
Pit: Wha--How did you know about--GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
Dark Matter: Oh, I'm already much deeper than that, Angel. If you truly want to be rid of me, you'll have to best me in combat, speck.
Pit: Challenge accepted!
Dark Matter: Very well, let the battle begin!

(Dark Matter's lines are best read with this guy's voice in mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZW-kUFiOGE

Last edited:

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Feel free to make those changes on the OP if you want mate! I basically agree with you 100%. Thanks for the feedback! :)
No problem. I have been having a bit of trouble getting the spoilers to work right. Every time I change something it creates an extra blank spoiler, like this.

It's really annoying.

So I'm not going to be making any changes to it for now.

edit: I just check the OP and it happened again. I'm not sure how considering it was fine yesterday.

02 (Zero Two) is one of my all time favorite final bosses. Something so epic, so disturbing, coming out of a Kirby game (my all time favorite Kirby game and one of my top 5 favorites on the N64 mind you) was very memorable. Because your character idea here is related to 02 I would gladly welcome it into Smash, especially if it had a 02 Final Smash.

Then again I welcome any Kirby 64 representation, and by extension any of the Dark Matter era games, in Smash. So I support.

Thank you both for your support! Dangeraaron10, you mentioned one of the main reason Dark Matter and his relatives are so interesting. They stands out so much from the rest of the games, which is one of my favorite parts about them.

This is also my favorite Zero 2 theme remix.

Last edited:
Top Bottom