• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

issues with debug mode.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
After mode games after i've turned it on, the game freezes. I swear that imput for activating it are very unresponsive and often times it will disable my ability to do anything in pause, like quit a match or move camera. I was really looking forward to this feature and it being unplayable for me is disappointing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
When Debug is on, the traditional Pause is replaced by a debug pause. This pause freezes the game and allows you to frame advance with the Z button. To do the regular pause, input X + Dpad Up.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
But sometimes it activates and sometimes it don't So weird. Maybe i'm hitting dpad up and x by accident somehow??

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Debug pause will only occur when Debug mode itself is toggled. For example, if you toggle Debug mode, turn on Hitbox display, and then untoggle it, you can pause using Start as usual.

Arrow (Kyle)

Smash Apprentice
After turning Debug mode off I still get the debug pause rather than the normal pause. I feel like this is the same issue Cyber was referring too. It gets pretty annoying because I'm just checking minor things with Debug and then it becomes rather annoying to quit out.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Another debug-related glitch. Character switching fox+10 (dpad right) gives me a bees freeze.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sorry for being off topic, I was looking for a thread about debug mode glitches, I don't think this is worth its own thread but here you go :
http://youtu.be/YDk-mMsOl4M
This is known, actually. Hitboxes do not display correctly on angled surfaces. We'd have to do a whole lot more math to display them properly on angled surfaces and that's way more work than we'd like atm haha

reptiloidjeanspisser

Smash Rookie
i had debug mode active during training mode earlier and i think at some point i switched debug mode back on while having the training mode menu open. the screen changed to what looked like the character select screen without any character icons and some graphical glitches (?) and shortly after appeared correctly but apparently with debug mode still active. pressing start to try and go back into gameplay activated the debug pause and i was able to advance frames with z. i think i tried to turn debug off but it failed to do so, though i might be remembering that incorrectly

i tried to replicate this a moment ago after restarting and it just sent me back to the character select menu with debug mode off

edit: i just remembered you can just click the "ready to fight" banner, oops. i still think the graphical glitch aspect is interesting though

Last edited:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
is there a list of all the debug mode buttons and options layed out easy to see? Some body should sticky that. That would alleviate some issues people have.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Onscreen indicator of at least
if debug mode is active or not would help immensely as well.

Top Bottom