• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think that tomorrow, besides Isaac, we may also see news about sandbag from the Apex video (probably home-run contest), as well as new stages, maybe new modes and who know, an history mode, maybe like SSE (I think it is called Flash of Shadows).

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
The year is 20XX. No more DLC has yet to be revealed for Smash, Golden Sun 4 has yet to be announced. And The Lost Age is STILL not out on NA Virtual Console.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The year is 20XX. No more DLC has yet to be revealed for Smash, Golden Sun 4 has yet to be announced. And The Lost Age is STILL not out on NA Virtual Console.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
FILS-A-MECH!!!!! THE SUPER GAMING ROBOT!!!!!! BUILT TO PLEASE ITS FANS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
By later this year I'm quite sure the first and third of those will have happened.

D

Deleted member

Well, at least the McLeod trailer will do me well, considering how craptastic tomorrow night's gonna be for me (Royal Rumblez).

Anyway, I was thinking that Golden Sun 4 is probably gonna have a low-key announcement and release, and that's alright by me... but I would wish if there was a large announcement if and when the game is formally announced.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd like to care about SSF2, but if even the announcement of Isaac doesn't really do anything for me, I guess it's just not for me.

I'll be hyped to the moon and back when we see him in P:M though. Let alone actually in Smash.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I really like SSF2, because of the roster, besides Pikachu, that has always been my 2nd favorite Pokémon and favorite character in Smash, it will also have Isaac and it already has Lloyd Irving, another one of my favorite video game characters.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Do you think a new Golden Sun game becoming successful may prompt more content in future Smash games?

It's a bit of a stretch, but I'm sure there's a lot of possibilities for it to be an interesting and endearing development, hypothetically speaking.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Of course it would.

Isaac is already popular, a new game would skyrocket his popularity (in 2010 he was first on the poll due to DD), and if it was successful, it wouldn't just be in the niche demographic or the west where he's been largely relegated. And if the game is successful, the chance of getting another follow-up would be pretty good, and apparently that's one of Sakurai's criteria for getting priority (though honestly I think having recent success ended up being more important than future potential). Not to mention the GS series is already one of the most notable Nintendo ones not to have playable representation along with Wars, Rhythm Heaven, and potentially Splatoon.

I think the better question is how could it not? A highly popular character, a longstanding series with three out of four games being a success, and a recent, successful game?

It's not hard to get more GS content in Smash than we got this time. I think even a GS4 of so-so success would prompt that.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I stand by what I said. A successful recent game was probably the main thing stopping Isaac from being included this time anyway. If DD had had the same reception as Awakening, Xenoblade, or Uprising I can't imagine he wouldn't have made it.

Characters plural though I doubt we'll get unless GS becomes a more frequent and prominent occurrence.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey, it just started as soon as I logged in to the page!
Isaac's moveset looks cool - Think it would be applicable in an actual Smash Bros game? I'll watch the full video a bit later.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
the direct was wery cool Isaac has a very cool moveset I specially liked the recovery it was something like this i was thinking ^^! And Sora's gameplay is very close to KH2's, and being a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts i really loved it ^^

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I'd have loved me some Ragnarök love. Then again, we haven't seen any of his smashes, let alone the Final Smash. So, we still got something to look forward to. All in all, that was a really good Direct. They get more and more professional every time.

Also, we have yet to see the stage which this amazing remix plays on.

Last edited:
First the fact a 14 year old is making a better Ridley model that's playable and now this. Makes me wonder if Sakurai is serious about leaving the franchise
Am I the only one who found that Ridley model to look absolutely ridiculous at that size? I'm fine with his inclusion, but he looked funny. :p

As for Isaac, you can say that for any character not included. No need for aggression towards the developers when you support a character. Just show the community what your pitch is all about and have some fun with it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah he looks ok I guess. Not what I really envisioned, but not bad. Kinda underwhelming considering how flashy all his attacks are in GS.

And I'd still take Master Chief and Kratos and the like in Smash any day over Ichigo and Naruto and Goku.

At least they're still gaming characters. But wataryagonnado. :/

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Also, it seems that Isaac's neutral air is a sword spin, his forward air is a sword slash, his back air is a kick, his down air seems like some sort of rotation thing I guess? His Up-Tilt is Punji Strike, his Forward Smash is a powerful sword attack and his Down Smash is Earthquake. I like it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
His moveset in SSF2 looks pretty interesting. I like how his down b works (seems similar to Greninjas attack), it makes a lot of sense for Isaac to be able to aim his earth attacks.

Although I'd make Move his neutral b, change his down b to his side b and change his growth attack to down b.

I like his moveset, I just think the button mappings don't really match up. (Not to mention I don't think Growth should be the move Kirby gets when he copies Isaac)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I find it disconcerting that half of SSF2's newcomer roster is an anime looking sword-user with some sort of gimmick.
Isaac looks interesting though...even though I know next of nothing about Golden Sun I feel like more could have been done with him...
His special moves seem a bit broken, also.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It seems to me like a lot of Smash Bros fan games end up with many animesque characters. Game characters like Lloyd Irving or Cloud are one thing but it starts feeling rather ridiculous when characters like Naruto, Goku or that guy from Bleach appear.

Then there's this other tendency to flood the rosters with Sonic characters.

SSF2 is definitely one of the more interesting ones though. Chibi Robo is really an inspired choice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I mean, to be fair, I like the movesets they've made for Goku and Naruto, they're creative and true to the character. I can't say anything about Ichigo since I have zero interest or knowledge of Bleach. Side note: To round out the presence of Shonen Jump's anime characters in the game they should add Luffy.

However, the game characters they've added, Bomberman, Black Mage, Chibi-Robo, and Isaac, are all not only good fits for a Smash game, but have really inspired moves. I love the little touches they didn't have to make, like Telly Vision following Chibi-Robo around, to Black Mage's entrance being selected from a party. It all makes SSF2 seem really lovingly well made.

Top Bottom