• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Any pointers to this capture card? Money really isn't an object for me. I can always work for it.
I can only suggest you to see sites like ebay or amazon and try to find more info about how they work, because I know what they do, but I don't own any and I don't know how to use them, so try to get the most info you can out of it to make a smart purchase. As for the prices, I think they are 100€/200€ +.

Also, I like your avatar. Is it a way to celebrate the fact that now Dragalge can have legally Adaptability? :p (Thank you Gamefreak now give us legal Rock Head Tyruntrum and Sakurai, give us Isaac as a playble in SSB4).

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I can only suggest you to see sites like ebay or amazon and try to find more info about how they work, because I know what they do, but I don't own any and I don't know how to use them, so try to get the most info you can out of it to make a smart purchase. As for the prices, I think they are 100€/200€ +.

Also, I like your avatar. Is it a way to celebrate the fact that now Dragalge can have legally Adaptability? :p (Thank you Gamefreak now give us legal Rock Head Tyruntrum and Sakurai, give us Isaac as a playble in SSB4).
Also Contrary Serperior is going to be everywhere in the next month. :troll:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I wish we had Sheer Force Feraligatr but no we can't have that can we?

-----------------

Gonna have to pass on the capture card. Seems like too much of a hassle. Oh well.

Last edited:

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I wish we had Sheer Force Feraligatr but no we can't have that can we?
As someone who has Feraligatr as one of its two favorite Pokémon (the other being Scizor :212: ), I wish this too. :160:

Anyway, great timing guys! It's already #GoldenSunday here in France, and yesterday I had an idea: Let's make Golden Sun's Adepts' Pokémon teams!
Of course, Ground and Grass types will go well with Venus Adepts, Fire types for Mars, Flying and Electric types for Jupiter and Water and Ice types for Mercury. But the obvious put aside, there's also Pokémon like Blissey, Audino or Alomomola for Mercury, because of their healing moves.

I'll try to make mines later today!

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The more I think about the Isaac situation in Smash the more bummed I get.

As for a Earth Adept team I'll just go Garchomp, Excadrill, Primal Groudon, Gliscor, Nidoking, Rhyperior.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
SIGN ME UP AS A SUPPORTER U SKRUB, jk, but srsly sign me up, also can anyone see my signature? it has X's on it so I cant see it myself, atleast quote me and tell me, no one would tell me or notice me :c, but heres a special Gimmick Isaac should have if he came in:
Psypower:The more damage Isaac takes, the more powerful his special attacks are and have more knockback PLUS the size of the hitbox, but they have 2x lag and are very slow AND are easily punishable, to counter this, psypower wont affect Isaac's normal moves, like his simple A's grab's, etc.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Your idea's sound terrible. Special's getting more powerful but super lagtime kills it and basically lets everyone punish you. And then you die.

And your sig has 3 broken images.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
Your idea's sound terrible. Special's getting more powerful but super lagtime kills it and basically lets everyone punish you. And then you die.

And your sig has 3 broken images.
The price of higher power is reasonable.
Not to mention it wont be broken as a Lucario's uncharged forward smash killing at 80% with max aura.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I had a dream that Isaac was an AT just like he used to be. I was playing Smash and he popped up and I thought to myself, "I thought he got cut!". So I quickly went online and checked, turns out he had been added to all the lists of ATs and whatnot. I then thought "what the hell is going on?" and promptly woke up.

The only dream I've ever had about Isaac in Smash to the best of my memory. And it was a rather meh one all in all. :p

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I had a dream that Isaac was an AT just like he used to be. I was playing Smash and he popped up and I thought to myself, "I thought he got cut!". So I quickly went online and checked, turns out he had been added to all the lists of ATs and whatnot. I then thought "what the hell is going on?" and promptly woke up.

The only dream I've ever had about Isaac in Smash to the best of my memory. And it was a rather meh one all in all. :p
Let's hope this dream doesn't come true. This morning I dreamt that the Gamer stage had another stage hazard, one that was even more deadly than Mom/5-Volt - 9-Volt's little sister. (That is, if he even has one, but I'm certain he's an only child) Thankfully, that dream didn't come true either.

On the topic of Golden Sun, I'm playing it right now - I'm in Goma Cave, with Garet and Ivan in the party. Just spotted a Mars Djinn.

EDIT - Back when I used to play Dissidia Duodecim, I often enjoyed playing as Vaan, and thought his HP Attacks would make for good specials in Smash Bros. Looking back in retrospect, I wonder if Isaac would be able to pull off something like this for his moveset...

Neutral Special - Earthquake - Summons a line of rocks along the ground that travel a set distance, like the spears of Master Beast in Classic Mode. The height of the rock pillars is around Isaac's height, and launches foes upwards.

Side Special - Planet Diver - A flaming sword strike in a form of a continual fireball - something along the line of Charizard's Flare Blitz. The main difference being Isaac doesn't take that much recoil damage, but when he hits someone, he strikes with a blazing sword.

Up Special - Whirlwind - Isaac uses Jupiter Psynergy to summon a tornado underneath him to launch him forward, much like the whirlwind on the PictoChat 2 stage. (My favourite stage hazard... So much fun... :laugh:)

Down Special - Douse - Isaac uses Mercury Psynergy to drop a small deluge of rain from above - much like a water version of Pikachu's Thunder - hits multiple times and causes little flinching.

Any criticisms or thoughts on this moveset?

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I had a dream the other day where I sat down next to Isaac in a classroom and started reading a gaming newspaper that had Isaac on the front with other Nintendo characters. Not sure if it was smash related though.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
SIGN ME UP AS A SUPPORTER U SKRUB, jk, but srsly sign me up, also can anyone see my signature? it has X's on it so I cant see it myself, atleast quote me and tell me, no one would tell me or notice me :c, but heres a special Gimmick Isaac should have if he came in:
Psypower:The more damage Isaac takes, the more powerful his special attacks are and have more knockback PLUS the size of the hitbox, but they have 2x lag and are very slow AND are easily punishable, to counter this, psypower wont affect Isaac's normal moves, like his simple A's grab's, etc.
Wait a minute. Adept pysenergy have this ability, It could work very awesome. But sometime, that effect can be very random and the chances work better when everything goes critical.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As someone who has Feraligatr as one of its two favorite Pokémon (the other being Scizor :212: ), I wish this too. :160:

Anyway, great timing guys! It's already #GoldenSunday here in France, and yesterday I had an idea: Let's make Golden Sun's Adepts' Pokémon teams!
Of course, Ground and Grass types will go well with Venus Adepts, Fire types for Mars, Flying and Electric types for Jupiter and Water and Ice types for Mercury. But the obvious put aside, there's also Pokémon like Blissey, Audino or Alomomola for Mercury, because of their healing moves.

I'll try to make mines later today!
Something like this?

Another GS fan had made the Eeveelutions for the full Golden Sun 1 + 2 cast.

art by Inoune on deviantArt

Personally I don't know what my list would be.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well just got my friend into playing the first Golden Sun on VC. Right now, she's been checking literally every jar in the houses and not even at Sol Sanctum yet... Cannot wait for the Reveal psynergy :p

ferioku

Smash Ace

I had a dream that Isaac became a playable character, I was the happiest person in the world, and then I woke up...

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Ok, so I began to make Pokémon teams for each Adept (I also posted the idea on /r/GoldenSun, if you're on Reddit). For the moment I have (Pokémon in italic were suggested by other people):

• Isaac: Torterra (looks like Cybele, Ground/Grass type); Solrock (references the Golden Sun, Rock/Psychic); Dugtrio (Ground type, known for its use of Dig which works like Retreat); Aegislash (in reference to the Sol Blade); Crustle (Rock/Bug, it looks like the Earthquake Psynergy a little bit); Regirock (Rock).

• Felix: Sandslash (Ground type, can use Dig, looks like it could use the Sand Psynergy); Claydol (Ground/Psychic type, looks like the Dancing Idol in Gaia Rock); Golem (or another Ground/Rock type); Cradily (Grass/Rock); Garchomp (Ground/Dragon, refers to Eclipse); Nidoking (Ground/Poison).

• Garet: Camerupt (Fire/Ground type, Eruption Psynergy, low speed); Arcanine (Fire, represents loyalty); Emboar (Fire/Fighting, low speed); Torkoal (Fire, low speed); Magmortar and Darmanitan (Fire).

• Mia: Lapras and Dewgong (Ice/Water type); Alomomola, Vaporeon and Milotic (Use healing moves, Water type); Suicune (Water type).

• Piers: Walrein (Ice/Water type); Samurott (Water type); Empoleon (Water/Steel, represents Poseidon's Trident/Trident of Ankohl); Avalugg (Ice type, represents Diamond Berg Psynergy); Cloyster (Ice/Water, has a Black Orb); Pelipper (Water/Flying, represents the Flying Boat).

• Jenna: Flareon (Fire type, can learn Wish); Delphox (Fire/Psychic); Ninetales and Rapidash (Fire); Moltres (Fire/Flying); Chandelure (Fire/Ghost).

• Ivan: Xatu (Psychic/Flying); Thundurus (Electric/Flying); Zapdos (Electric/Flying); Staraptor (Flying/Normal, can use Whirlwind); Noctowl (Flying/Normal, with Psychic powers), Kecleon (Cloak Psynergy).

• Sheba: Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying type); Emolga (Electric/Flying); Eelektross (Electric type, Levitate Ability like the Float Psynergy); Pidgeot (Flying/Normal, can use Whirlwind); Altaria (Dragon/Flying); Togekiss (Flying/Fairy).

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Ok, so I began to make Pokémon teams for each Adept (I also posted the idea on /r/GoldenSun, if you're on Reddit). For the moment I have:

• Isaac: Torterra (looks like Cybele, Ground/Grass type); Solrock (looks like a (Golden) Sun and Rock type); Dugtrio (Ground type, known for its use of Dig which works like Retreat)

• Felix: Sandslash (Ground type, can use Dig, looks like it could use the Sand Psynergy); Claydol (Ground/Psychic type, looks like the Dancing Idol in Gaia Rock); Onix (or another Ground/Rock type); Cradily (Grass/Rock type).

• Garet: Camerupt (Eruption Psynergy, low speed).

• Mia: Lapras and Dewgong (Ice/Water type); Alomomola (Use healing moves, Water type).

• Piers: Walrein (Ice/Water type).

• Jenna: Flareon (Fire type, can learn Wish).
Screw Wish, Jenna use Flare Blitz.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Ok, so I began to make Pokémon teams for each Adept (I also posted the idea on /r/GoldenSun, if you're on Reddit). For the moment I have (Pokémon in italic were suggested by other people):

• Isaac: Torterra (looks like Cybele, Ground/Grass type); Solrock (references the Golden Sun, Rock/Psychic); Dugtrio (Ground type, known for its use of Dig which works like Retreat); Aegislash (in reference to the Sol Blade); Crustle (Rock/Bug, it looks like the Earthquake Psynergy a little bit); Regirock (Rock).

• Felix: Sandslash (Ground type, can use Dig, looks like it could use the Sand Psynergy); Claydol (Ground/Psychic type, looks like the Dancing Idol in Gaia Rock); Golem (or another Ground/Rock type); Cradily (Grass/Rock); Garchomp (Ground/Dragon, refers to Eclipse); Nidoking (Ground/Poison).

• Garet: Camerupt (Fire/Ground type, Eruption Psynergy, low speed); Arcanine (Fire, represents loyalty); Emboar (Fire/Fighting, low speed); Torkoal (Fire, low speed); Magmortar and Darmanitan (Fire).

• Mia: Lapras and Dewgong (Ice/Water type); Alomomola, Vaporeon and Milotic (Use healing moves, Water type); Suicune (Water type).

• Piers: Walrein (Ice/Water type); Samurott (Water type); Empoleon (Water/Steel, represents Poseidon's Trident/Trident of Ankohl); Avalugg (Ice type, represents Diamond Berg Psynergy); Cloyster (Ice/Water, has a Black Orb); Pelipper (Water/Flying, represents the Flying Boat).

• Jenna: Flareon (Fire type, can learn Wish); Delphox (Fire/Psychic); Ninetales and Rapidash (Fire); Moltres (Fire/Flying); Chandelure (Fire/Ghost).

• Ivan: Xatu (Psychic/Flying); Thundurus (Electric/Flying); Zapdos (Electric/Flying); Staraptor (Flying/Normal, can use Whirlwind); Noctowl (Flying/Normal, with Psychic powers), Kecleon (Cloak Psynergy).

• Sheba: Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying type); Emolga (Electric/Flying); Eelektross (Electric type, Levitate Ability like the Float Psynergy); Pidgeot (Flying/Normal, can use Whirlwind); Altaria (Dragon/Flying); Togekiss (Flying/Fairy).
I use Torterra and Aegislash in Pokemon games. Both are my favorite.

Keep up the good Sunday! (Waiting to camelot show the 20 aniversary. I really hope is not a mario game...)

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I use Torterra and Aegislash in Pokemon games. Both are my favorite.

Keep up the good Sunday! (Waiting to camelot show the 20 aniversary. I really hope is not a mario game...)
Torterra is a great Pokémon, he was my first Gen 4 starter. I used Aegislash in Y and really liked its gimmick. Though that made it quite overused, competitively speaking.

And yes, I'll keep promoting #GoldenSunday, but I hope you'll help me if you can. :158:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, we've made it - 250 Pages. Congratulations, fellow Adepts! :)

EDIT - Spent most of today playing through Golden Sun - Currently working on the Tret 'side-story'.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
So if Isaac is DLC, is it possible that we could Felix as an alt. costume?
Felix is missing. On the Moon with Sheba. So no.

I don't see why not. He is a Earth Adept with the same skillset.

I think Isaac's Special's should work in tier's. Make them charge moves so for example you can charge a move for example Fireball.

Fire > Fireball > Inferno

Similar to Robin's Thunder but with different effects.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So if Isaac is DLC, is it possible that we could Felix as an alt. costume?
As an alternate color, probably?

As an alternate costume... well... that depends. I know people don't go well with clones, but if you spend 8 months-1 year on Isaac, you can turn around and spend 2 months on Felix. I would, however, modify the special moves and make his reaction moves different from Isaac, lest we wind up with another Dark Pit situation.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As an alternate color, probably?

As an alternate costume... well... that depends. I know people don't go well with clones, but if you spend 8 months-1 year on Isaac, you can turn around and spend 2 months on Felix. I would, however, modify the special moves and make his reaction moves different from Isaac, lest we wind up with another Dark Pit situation.
I think by alternate costume he meant the case with Olimar and Alph or Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Exact same moves, and ever just a completely different look.

I wouldn't mind Felix as a modified clone but seeing we didn't get even a single character yet, I doubt we will get 2 characters, one Isaac and one clone.

I still think there is a good chance of getting Isaac though as DLC.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I would be happy with Isaac having both Felix or Matthew as an alt, as for Isaac's specials, here is my idea:

B: Ragnarok/Odyssey - Isaac can charge and keep in until he wants to cast it. When charged, Isaac will send a colossal blade from the skies to strike the opponent, if caught, the opponent will be struck and then the sword would explode, damaging and knocking back the target. If fully charge, instead of sending one huge blade, Isaac would send two smaller ones and if those connect, then Isaac would finish the target with a slash that brings with him a huge blade.

Side B: Move: Isaac would a cast a hand of the same size as him that has as much range as Megaman's full charged side smash, however, this attack doesn't damage, so it can be used on any recovering target to let them fall to their deaths.

Up-B: Retreat: Isaac bursts into colorful bubbles and travels quickly. Once the spell ends or after hitting the ground, Isaac will perform a slash that will steal deal considerable damage and will have a decent knockback, players can also press B during Retreat to perform this right away.

Down-B: Gaia/Mother Gaia/Grand Gaia: Like the name says, Isaac will start charging this attack, however, unlike Ragnarok, Isaac can't keep it, so once he reaches the maximum charging capacity, he will unleash the attack and the more you charge, the more powerful it will be and the range will be bigger too. Also, like the name says, it will change according to the amount of time Isaac has been charging the attack, being Gaia the weakest version, Mother Gaia the stronger version and Grande Gaia the strongest version of the attack.

Also, Isaac's grab can be Grip Psyenergy and this will be the most unique grab in the game, because besides being the one with the biggest range, it has the following gimmick: If Isaac is heavier than the target, then the target will be taken to Isaac, however, if the target is heaver than Isaac, Isaac will be taken to the target. It can also be used to grab the ledges.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
I think by alternate costume he meant the case with Olimar and Alph or Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Exact same moves, and ever just a completely different look.
That's exactly what meant, I mean it'd be great to get Felix as a clone but we don't even have Isaac (yet :p ) so I think instead of asking to add Felix as a clone, why not just an alt. skin/costume or whatever? That's the way I see it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's exactly what meant, I mean it'd be great to get Felix as a clone but we don't even have Isaac (yet :p ) so I think instead of asking to add Felix as a clone, why not just an alt. skin/costume or whatever? That's the way I see it.
Honestly, even if we got another Golden Sun character, I wouldn't want it to be Felix. Not that I have anything against the guy (except that he's kind of a jerk), but that would have the disturbing potential to lead Golden Sun into Fire Emblem Syndrome, and making sure we get no characters except Venus Adepts. There are so many characters who would be either Wolf-style clones that are substantially different, or who could play completely differently to begin with. Why choose the one who is exactly the same as Isaac?

Alt-costume Felix is fine.

Top Bottom