• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Just watched GX video about new mii fighter costumes. It is the Flying Man from Earthbound, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia and a bear????:4dedede:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I really wanted Lloyd to be playable, he was my second most wanted character, but oh well, a Mii Costume is better than nothing.

As for Isaac, it seems possible that he will get in.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I think next to King K. Rool, Isaac is almost a shoe-in for DLC. He's perfect for Smash. They could make him like Palutena with different custom moves.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I think next to King K. Rool, Isaac is almost a shoe-in for DLC. He's perfect for Smash. They could make him like Palutena with different custom moves.
Well, so far none of the DLC characters have any customs at all, so that seems unlikely.

D

Deleted member

It looks like that a have weekend before reentering to study, so since i have the time right now, i decided to post some comics before monday:
Im also doing this due to recent events (i think King.K.Rool has entered Pyrosphere if you know what i mean by that).

This honsetly feels like the April Direct all over again during the Assist Trophy showcase, when we were hopelessly waiting to see if they confirmed Isaac as an AT or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's possible Sakurai might have decided to add new franchises (that have been around for a while) to the roster rather than add to existing ones. Of course that would be pretty convenient for Isaac fans.... (and Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars etc. fans)

but I'm honestly struggling with the idea of K Rool possibly failing....if this was all about fan service then he'd almost certainly have been a shoe in. Unless Sakurai has some hidden criteria for the ballot that he's not telling us.

There's 1001 ways Sakurai could be interpreting this ballot and like usual we're out at sea without a paddle trying to figure him out.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's simple, I think he sees adding as many characters as possible through Mii costumes, I think he sees that as fan-service to fans while saving as much development resources as possible.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's simple, I think he sees adding as many characters as possible through Mii costumes, I think he sees that as fan-service to fans while saving as much development resources as possible.
Agreed. Remember when the Mii Fighters were first released?

"I thought, ‘If you want him in the game, why don’t you make him?’ [laughs] So I created a tool for you to do just that. With the Mii Fighter creator, you can have any character you want join the battle."

The costumes just help with that, I guess. It's not ideal, but it's much easier on development (basically just the art team), and it does let you put in characters who otherwise wouldn't make it at all, or who they simply don't have time to fully develop.

Or that they can put out while they're fully developing the characters.

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
That's what I'm most afraid of. At least in the case of Isaac. More character costumes are kool as long as I get the one character I want. I'm sure other people feel the same about which ever character they want most.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
I really wanted Lloyd to be playable, he was my second most wanted character, but oh well, a Mii Costume is better than nothing.

As for Isaac, it seems possible that he will get in.
I still hate this kinda comment

They have a Mii costume! Deconfirmed :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

A mii costume means nothing

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
As much as I want him, I honestly don't think that we'll get Isaac as DLC unless a new Golden Sun is on the horizon. If that ever happens, it would probably be my favorite video game reveal ever.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?
I've always thought that it's the other way around. We need to get Isaac in Smash to get Golden Sun 4 on the horizon. I'm of the mind that Dark Dawn didn't do as well as hoped. Otherwise, with that cliff hanger we got at the end there, we'd already have GS4. We don't have GS4. Nintendo doesn't think it's strong. By voting Isaac (and Isaac proper, not an Isaac Mii Costume, but a playable Isaac character) into Smash 4, we would go a long way to rectifying that.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
I still hate this kinda comment

They have a Mii costume! Deconfirmed :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

A mii costume means nothing
The only argument against that from what I hear is "look, this character got a costume (who has a 100% chance of returning), that means there is still a chance!" We need to treat pre-patch DLC costumes and post-patch DLC costumes differently. I understand this isn't final, but why would Nintendo sell its fan base a costume, giving them the impression that is all they'll get, but later increasing their profits (minimally) by selling playable fighters that match the costume? Seems like a practice Nintendo wouldn't adhere to, especially since in the long run, it would sell more to have DLC costumes as different characters from the DLC playable fighters.

If the next direct doesn't show King K. Rool's announcement, I can't help but think his chances will plummet.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Or we could just get the Isaac that most of us want. Less swordplay, more Earth magic. Djinn in some way. Earth Magic spells out range in my mind.
But thats the thing. Hes not a wizard/sorcerer, hes a warrior that knows how to use Psi.
If you take the Djinn out of the equation hes one damn good swordsman. Put them in the equation hes mostly a one-shot wonder or "pretty good" spell caster, but he still hits REALLY hard especially with Flint's active (Earth Slash i think its called).
I would view it as very out of character if he was based on magic alone, even if he still had his sword for a couple of swings here and there.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
But thats the thing. Hes not a wizard/sorcerer, hes a warrior that knows how to use Psi.
If you take the Djinn out of the equation hes one damn good swordsman. Put them in the equation hes mostly a one-shot wonder or "pretty good" spell caster, but he still hits REALLY hard especially with Flint's active (Earth Slash i think its called).
I would view it as very out of character if he was based on magic alone, even if he still had his sword for a couple of swings here and there.
Make him like he is in the game: Standard attacks are sword combos, Specials are Djinn/Psyenergy. Maybe something like Robin's non held Jab combo is a Djinn attack too.

Edit: These K. Rools cannot be stopped. Every time I post, and immediately go back to the main forum, the King K. Rool thread is on top. I shudder to think what's going on in there...

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I mean you can change his class so...

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Lol yea i know. Nintendo is seriously going to have a lot of hate if they leave him as a mii costume.

And i could get behind the specials are Djinn powers, but everything else is sword. That actually does fit the bill for his character.
Considering they already proved with Ryu that we can have special commands and held/tap commands, i would love to see a "Release" attack like in the games where he performs a nasty attack depending on how many he's got ready, but leaves him in a weakened state for a short time. The release could be either holding neutal B or a special input, so he still has 4 Djinn with the normal commands to use.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yet, oddly enough, I almost never use his sword as an attack.

You speak of Flint's hit. Yeah, it's powerful. But I use Geode and Sap way more often.

Even without Djinn, he's a pretty decent spellcaster. Spire and Quake are pretty awesome spells in the game. With Djinn, he does get some upgrades and more stuff, but he has a lot of Psynergy even without them.

Djinn just let him class change.

Heck, by the end of the game, when I do use standard attacks, it's mostly Isaac casting spells. I mean, Ragnarok is Isaac lifting his hands up and dropping a magic sword on his opponents.

His spells are the majority of what he does in the game. From using Djinn, to using Psynergy in combat, to using Summons, to using Pysnergy on the field, to using Unleashes...

Isaac is not "primarily" a sword fighter. Especially since (still), he can equip more weapons than just swords, and gets no advantage at all for using swords over any other type.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Yet, oddly enough, I almost never use his sword as an attack.

You speak of Flint's hit. Yeah, it's powerful. But I use Geode and Sap way more often.

Even without Djinn, he's a pretty decent spellcaster. Spire and Quake are pretty awesome spells in the game. With Djinn, he does get some upgrades and more stuff, but he has a lot of Psynergy even without them.

Djinn just let him class change.

Heck, by the end of the game, when I do use standard attacks, it's mostly Isaac casting spells. I mean, Ragnarok is Isaac lifting his hands up and dropping a magic sword on his opponents.

His spells are the majority of what he does in the game. From using Djinn, to using Psynergy in combat, to using Summons, to using Pysnergy on the field, to using Unleashes...

Isaac is not "primarily" a sword fighter. Especially since (still), he can equip more weapons than just swords, and gets no advantage at all for using swords over any other type.
Interesting. I'm the opposite. Towards the end game, I start smacking stuff with weapons far more than I do with Psyenergy. Especially trash piles. I really don't use all that much djinn or spells against trash late in the games. The weapons are good, the classes are evolved, it's just a waste to use Psyenergy except against the strongest of trash packs. Granted there's no holding back against bosses, but that's bosses.

Isaac sits in that place between Matter and Mind. He's not a pure swordsman (like Chrom and Lloyd), even if he does have a class named "Swordsman", but he's not a straight up magic user either. There's more to him than JUST magic or JUST sword. He has both, and his moveset should represent that.

Remember when they leaked Brawl's roster? that's what im talking about.
Afraid not.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I'd like Isaac to use as much of his Venus Psynergy and Djinn as they can work in. Those are the elements that make him most unique among the Smash cast, and they're integral parts of his character. He should have a sword, but I'd like the emphasis to be on the traits that will make him stand out. Though technically, I suppose he has a large variety of weapons he could use. I personally remember using bows with him quite a bit just because I liked them.
These K. Rools cannot be stopped. Every time I post, and immediately go back to the main forum, the King K. Rool thread is on top. I shudder to think what's going on in there...
I've been kind of wanting to go check the thread out ever since I saw the K Rool costume, but I'm kind of scared to, lol.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'd like Isaac to use as much of his Venus Psynergy and Djinn as they can work in. Those are the elements that make him most unique among the Smash cast, and they're integral parts of his character. He should have a sword, but I'd like the emphasis to be on the traits that will make him stand out. Though technically, I suppose he has a large variety of weapons he could use. I personally remember using bows with him quite a bit just because I liked them.

I've been kind of wanting to go check the thread out ever since I saw the K Rool costume, but I'm kind of scared to, lol.
His most iconic weapon is his sword so he'll probably have some moves with it (I just want Jab combo and Aerials).

We're not gonna kill you. Its not a warzone in the thread, plus its been a day. Everything has been said about the stupid costume.

Dendros

Smash Apprentice
Seeing what they did with Lloyd today makes me really nervous that they are going to do the same thing with Isaac.

Sakurai: oh, they want another non-fire emblem sword character? Well I'll just make them a costume for the mii sword fighter. Close enough. Now to add super lame characters that no one wanted or asked for, only to apiese my need to suprise everyone with my unheard of originality coughwiifittrainercough...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Seeing what they did with Lloyd today makes me really nervous that they are going to do the same thing with Isaac.

Sakurai: oh, they want another non-fire emblem sword character? Well I'll just make them a costume for the mii sword fighter. Close enough. Now to add super lame characters that no one wanted or asked for, only to apiese my need to suprise everyone with my unheard of originality coughwiifittrainercough...
Hey! Wii Fit Trainer is awesome. Her series sold better than Smash so it warrants her because of her success.

I don't play Wii Fit Trainer though. Like literally no range at all.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Her reveal video was funny as hell though...

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
His most iconic weapon is his sword so he'll probably have some moves with it (I just want Jab combo and Aerials).

We're not gonna kill you. Its not a warzone in the thread, plus its been a day. Everything has been said about the stupid costume.
See, I'd like his Smashes to be sword based, but with added Djinn flare... Maybe same with his aerials so he can stay thematically ground-based, but have some use in the air (unlike a certain boxer I know). As such they're very powerful, but once you've used them once you have a decent, but not great, smash with his sword until the Djinn resets... His specials should all be psyenergy though, he has enough for every slot and some just in his squire class.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
What if Chrom, K Rool and Lloyd are to be announced as playable characters right after the patch launches with their Mii costumes?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
What if Chrom, K Rool and Lloyd are to be announced as playable characters right after the patch launches with their Mii costumes?
Then the people who are currently cursing Sakurai's existence and are heading down to New Orleans to find some Voodoo practitioners will erect Altars with great statues in his likeness upon them, and will begin worshiping him and offering up burnt sacrifice and holocaust in his name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What about X, Zero, Isabelle, the Inklings and the rest of Mii costume characters? do they become playable as well?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Then there is going to be so much vitriol flying everywhere that I'm basically going to avoid Smashboards for months.

K. Rool fans will be ecstatic, sure.

Everyone else is going to be upset as all heck. There are certainly Chrom fans out there, but there are a LOT more people who are going to be upset that there's ANOTHER character from Fire Emblem (and, again, just another generic sword user) over other, more popular characters.

People are going to be upset that the Tales games get character representation, despite being primarily a series that doesn't come out on Nintendo consoles, over other first and even other third party characters.

Really, the **** will hit the fan. I don't even the mods their duty on that day.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Totally down with it. King K. Rool is one of my top picks. Chrom is the only FE character I want (I somewhat like Lyn). Lloyd has two swords, that **** cool.
What about X, Zero, Isabelle, the Inklings and the rest of Mii costume characters? do they become playable as well?
No. I don't want 4 people from Capcom. Isabelle, no Tom Nook and K K Slider first. Inklings yes.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I want this weekend over with.

Just so we can get it all over and done with. Get the salt, get the anger, get the hate, get the tears, get the sadness just get it all out of the way. I want it done with. I want to know that all we've fought for has been just a lame ass Mii Costume. I want to know that some equally lame ass character has been pulled out of the blue and given a coveted roster spot over more popular and cooler characters. I want to know. And I want to know so I can get it over with.

What's going to happen is going to happen. And I want it over with.

As for Inkling, Splatoon's popularity is such that Inkling is going to be in on Smash 5. And who knows, maybe even for Smash 4, but Splatoon doesn't need the hype help. Splatoon generates hype well enough on its own and the August update coming out on the 5th is doing just fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when somebody downloaded the Ryu and Roy patch earlier than intended?
Do you think the same could happen again?

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
I want this weekend over with.

Just so we can get it all over and done with. Get the salt, get the anger, get the hate, get the tears, get the sadness just get it all out of the way. I want it done with. I want to know that all we've fought for has been just a lame *** Mii Costume. I want to know that some equally lame *** character has been pulled out of the blue and given a coveted roster spot over more popular and cooler characters. I want to know. And I want to know so I can get it over with.

What's going to happen is going to happen. And I want it over with.
Sadly, if I remember correctly, there is still one day worth of costumes and stuff to be announced. Everyone just has to hope it isn't Isaac as a costume. Last thing I want is for this thread to melt down into what the K.Rool thread did.

Top Bottom