• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'd wish that Camelot would do to Isaac the same thing that WayForward did to Shantae.

Also, today I got access to a few pcs, so I got more votes to Isaac. Can't wait to see him Smashified.

D

Deleted member

Casuals know NOTHING about Xenoblade
You have to dig real hard to find that game, and even then, people charge over $100 for the dang copy. Speaking of which, I gave in at long last... and played it... and was pretty bored... and irritated.

Anyway, I go away for a while, and this thread got spicy with various issues. Let's try to keep it cool, everyone. All I'm gonna say is; nothing's certain. Just cause we support doesn't mean we feel like it's 100% gonna happen.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
I just recently got Golden Sun, and wow, that game is fun. Support!
Yay, another Golden Sun fan joins the team!
Now go show Camelot your support so we can get a 4th one! :grin:

I'd wish that Camelot would do to Isaac the same thing that WayForward did to Shantae.

Also, today I got access to a few pcs, so I got more votes to Isaac. Can't wait to see him Smashified.
Don't tell me you went around the school library pcs trying to get extra votes for Isaac!? :surprised:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Yay, another Golden Sun fan joins the team!
Now go show Camelot your support so we can get a 4th one! :grin:

Don't tell me you went around the school library pcs trying to get extra votes for Isaac!? :surprised:
It was during a class today were we had to bring our laptops, so I asked some of my closest buddies to let me vote for Isaac.
My University has a PC room, but I already did that on the beginning of the semester. :awesome:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think chances are pretty good one will be Isaac.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
W00T! Can't wait!

Smashified Isaac is gonna be (hopefully, probably, yea it will!) full of win. Hopefully he looks older than his Brawl model though, even the younger Isaac is supposed to be 17 >.<

This should give a bump to his votes during June! This will be great for Isaac's exposure especially if Nintendo decides to pick a leading pick before the ballot ends to start working on.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
W00T! Can't wait!

Smashified Isaac is gonna be (hopefully, probably, yea it will!) full of win. Hopefully he looks older than his Brawl model though, even the younger Isaac is supposed to be 17 >.<

This should give a bump to his votes during June! This will be great for Isaac's exposure especially if Nintendo decides to pick a leading pick before the ballot ends to start working on.
I wouldn't expect them to work on the ballot characters before next year comes around!
The fact they are releasing Lucas in June, two months after Mewtwo, pretty much proves they plan to that for the rest of the year.
That said, you can probably expect other characters around August, October and December.
Then in February or March they might release the first ballot character, who hopefully will be someone deserving like Isaac!
It could happen, but don't go putting the cart in front of the horses...

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
W00T! Can't wait!

Inb4 they confuse Isaac with Matthew. :troll: (Wouldn't be the first time I saw people doing it).

Just kidding, pretty sure the Smashified team will make 17 year old Isaac, which is the one I and probably a lot of people recognize as the face of the Golden Sun series.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
From my understanding they're starting to dabble in actual 3d with the Smashified series.

Look at Travis's video. They had a model of him.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Inb4 they confuse Isaac with Matthew. :troll: (Wouldn't be the first time I saw people doing it).

Just kidding, pretty sure the Smashified team will make 17 year old Isaac, which is the one I and probably a lot of people recognize as the face of the Golden Sun series.
Well, I can see them using DD's Isaac just because it will not be what people expect! :troll:
Wouldn't be mad if they did.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
One idea I think would be neat is a compromise; DD's Isaac without the beard.
Sorry, but I can't agree on this one: Isaac's beard in DD is one of the things making him badass to begin with, and I don't think they would change the character's look themselves. If they want to do a beardless Isaac, they will do his young look from the GBA games.

Last edited:

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, but I can't agree on this one: Isaac's beard in DD is one of the things making him badass to begin with, and I don't think they would change the character's look themselves. If they want to do a beardless Isaac, they will do his young look from the GBA games.
I would definitely prefer young Isaac. That's the look he used for Golden Sun, so it wouldn't make sense to have him look differently from his source game.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
I would definitely prefer young Isaac. That's the look he used for Golden Sun, so it wouldn't make sense to have him look differently from his source game.
I guess we almost all agree that young Isaac is the one who would make the more sense for Smash. Though, since it's not really Smash, I do think it's not impossible to see the Smashified team use the adult look.

I would even say that I don't completely put aside the possibility of seeing DD's Isaac in Smash, actually.
Think about it: Dark Dawn is the most recent game of the series, and if Golden Sun 4 is a thing, we'll also see adult Isaac in it.
Also, there's not a lot of characters who are in the same age group as adult Isaac. There's just Ganondorf who looks like he's ~45/50 years old (when he's already much older than that since it's almost always the same Ganondorf in all the Zelda games).
In theory the Mario brothers could also fit in this category too, but they're cartoony and, according to Melee, they're in fact ~26 years old.

It would be a good occasion to feature an adult, for once, instead of a teenager like all the Fire Emblem characters.
Again, I don't say it's going to be like this if Isaac makes it in the game, buuut who knows?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I guess we almost all agree that young Isaac is the one who would make the more sense for Smash. Though, since it's not really Smash, I do think it's not impossible to see the Smashified team use the adult look.
As long as Nintendo doesn't see Isaac's massive popularity, then look to fan renditions and see the incredibly popular Smashified version and go "oh, so that's what they want" and give us adult Isaac.

I prefer kid Isaac. Is he as unique? No. But which character did I love playing as? Young Isaac. Young Felix. Young Matthew.

The only character who has been aged from his original appearance (Ike) was also a major playable character at that older age. Adult Isaac was playable for ten minutes.

Once we get Golden Sun IV with a playable Adult Isaac for at least half the game, he can make it into Smash. Until then, youthful Isaac it is.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
As long as Nintendo doesn't see Isaac's massive popularity, then look to fan renditions and see the incredibly popular Smashified version and go "oh, so that's what they want" and give us adult Isaac.

I prefer kid Isaac. Is he as unique? No. But which character did I love playing as? Young Isaac. Young Felix. Young Matthew.

The only character who has been aged from his original appearance (Ike) was also a major playable character at that older age. Adult Isaac was playable for ten minutes.

Once we get Golden Sun IV with a playable Adult Isaac for at least half the game, he can make it into Smash. Until then, youthful Isaac it is.
If they put Isaac in the game I'm expecting Mathew as an alternate costume, to be honest. It wouldn't be difficult at all to pull an Olimar with him... it's just a few model and costume tweaks.
Besides that, I agree that until older Isaac is playable in a GS game, he won't be in Smash in that form. (even then, I doubt it...)
For that same reason, we need the young Isaac! He and Mathew are Nintendo's version of Cloud man! (Spiky blonde hair + awesome longsword, a.k.a. Sol Blade)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just give me Isaac already! I don't mind young or older (more badass) version, although we have a 95% chance of getting the young one.

Although Matthew alone with no mention of Isaac would definitely tick me off.

Edit:

Sakurai: They are all asking for Isaac from Golden Sun. What do you say Camelot developers?

Camelot: The latest, worst selling game of the series had his son as the protagonist. Isaac would most likely a major role in the events to follow, but he is not a typical blonde anime-ish teenager character anymore.

Sakurai: Ok, I, Trollhero Sakurai will include his son Matthew with no mention of Isaac whatsoever!

>.<

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Forgot to mention that I totally support this character and thread. I feel like I support so many characters for the sake of others sometimes, but I imagine Isaac would be quite interesting to see especially if they play him up as a mage/conductor.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Although Cloud's got nothing over bearded Isaac :p Except emo-ness.

Last edited:

Wyzill

Smash Cadet
Vote for Isaac!
Posters:

2nd poster made by FalKoopa

Other languages:

Signature Banners:

Other Languages:

Signature adapted by TheRealHeroOfWinds

Other Banners:

Support Videos:

Golden Sun in Smash 4
Music
Battle Scene/Final Boss
Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Weyard NEW!
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Any future GS content will be included here.

sprite made by Abysswolf
It will be Isaac

Calane

Smash Ace
Just give me Isaac already! I don't mind young or older (more badass) version, although we have a 95% chance of getting the young one.

Although Matthew alone with no mention of Isaac would definitely tick me off.

Edit:

Sakurai: They are all asking for Isaac from Golden Sun. What do you say Camelot developers?

Camelot: The latest, worst selling game of the series had his son as the protagonist. Isaac would most likely a major role in the events to follow, but he is not a typical blonde anime-ish teenager character anymore.

Sakurai: Ok, I, Trollhero Sakurai will include his son Matthew with no mention of Isaac whatsoever!

>.<
It's comments like this that actually makes me want Matthew to be chosen over Isaac. Other M is (from my knowledge) the worst received Metroid game ever, and almost nobody likes it, but the game is represented in Smash 4 like it doesn't matter. Samus even looks how she did in that game. I don't think being the "worst selling" game in a series matters. It's how relevant the game is to it's series. Isaac would make more sense, sure, but if for some reason Matthew was chosen and Isaac is nowhere to be seen, I wouldn't really care. I want Golden Sun to be represented in Smash. Isaac, Matthew, Felix, it doesn't really matter. As long as GS gets some spotlight and Camelot sees that the series is still popular, I'll be happy.

I feel that as fans of Golden Sun, we shouldn't act like DD was the worst thing ever. It may not be as good as the first two (though I actually disagree), but it's still the only bit of hope we have to hang onto. I'm sure I'm alone in this, but getting any GS character is better than getting none. That includes Matthew. And besides, if he got in, I'm pretty sure he'd have an Isaac alt anyway (as I believe Isaac would have a Matt alt). I'm sorry if I seem a little angry, it's just that I can't stand the treatment DD gets. It almost makes me dislike the GS fanbase a little, really. I support Isaac all the way, but I'm not opposed to another GS character instead.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It's comments like this that actually makes me want Matthew to be chosen over Isaac. Other M is (from my knowledge) the worst received Metroid game ever, and almost nobody likes it, but the game is represented in Smash 4 like it doesn't matter. Samus even looks how she did in that game. I don't think being the "worst selling" game in a series matters. It's how relevant the game is to it's series. Isaac would make more sense, sure, but if for some reason Matthew was chosen and Isaac is nowhere to be seen, I wouldn't really care. I want Golden Sun to be represented in Smash. Isaac, Matthew, Felix, it doesn't really matter. As long as GS gets some spotlight and Camelot sees that the series is still popular, I'll be happy.

I feel that as fans of Golden Sun, we shouldn't act like DD was the worst thing ever. It may not be as good as the first two (though I actually disagree), but it's still the only bit of hope we have to hang onto. I'm sure I'm alone in this, but getting any GS character is better than getting none. That includes Matthew. And besides, if he got in, I'm pretty sure he'd have an Isaac alt anyway (as I believe Isaac would have a Matt alt). I'm sorry if I seem a little angry, it's just that I can't stand the treatment DD gets. It almost makes me dislike the GS fanbase a little, really. I support Isaac all the way, but I'm not opposed to another GS character instead.
No one here dislikes DD. We just think the others are better.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

No, the reason why Isaac would most likely be chosen over Matthew, and why we'd prefer Isaac over Matthew, is that Isaac is the original and Matthew is a carbon-copy clone of Young Isaac anyway.

Well I don't. But anyway, that's great, and I'm not saying it's wrong to feel that way. I just wish you people wouldn't be jerks about it.
I don't see anyone being jerks about it. The comment was only made because Isaac is the most iconic GS character and he's the most recurring one anyway. No one's being a "jerk" about it. Of course most people would be irritated if we got Matthew with no mention of Isaac at all. (That said I'd accept it because its something GS related at all.)

Regardless, I can't possibly see Matthew chosen without Isaac getting referenced at all.

Calane

Smash Ace
All he said was that the latest game was the worst selling which is true.
Indeed. But then he goes on to say how having Matthew would be a "troll" because his game sold the least. That's stupid. That's all I'm saying. Also, I see stuff like that everywhere I go. I can't even listen to music from the game without reading whiny comments about how much people hate DD. It's not even that bad, I don't understand the hate. Anyway, I'm the weird one here, obviously, and I don't want to start anything. I just got a little irritated by the comment.

@JaidynReiman
I already know, I believe you've said that to me before at one point. Isaac is the most iconic and deserves his spot. I'm well aware, and I don't doubt that logic. As for how people treat DD, yes, people are jerks about it. Maybe you haven't seen it much, but I'm always reading whiny complaint after whiny complaint about the game. Not all on this site, but other places as well. I'm a little sick of it, so I get irritated whenever DD is brought up and made fun of because "It's not as good as the one I played when I was a kid".

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Indeed. But then he goes on to say how having Matthew would be a "troll" because his game sold the least. That's stupid. That's all I'm saying. Also, I see stuff like that everywhere I go. I can't even listen to music from the game without reading whiny comments about how much people hate DD. It's not even that bad, I don't understand the hate. Anyway, I'm the weird one here, obviously, and I don't want to start anything. I just got a little irritated by the comment.
Um, I mentioned having Matthew WITHOUT mentioning Isaac would be trolling. You should have seen the whole context.

Matthew with Isaac as alt is not something I am against. I guess you haven't been around when I mentioned that I was completely hooked onto Dark Dawn. :rolleyes:

I LOVED Dark Dawn, did my comment make it seem like I hated it :confused:? Dark Dawn would have been the best Golden Sun game IF it hadn't made some mistakes in crucial gameplay bits, plus had actually solved some mysteries from past games.

I will say it again: Dark Dawn was awesome :roll:. Just not as great as the first 2. As for representation in Smash Isaac has superiority. A Matthew/Felix alt or vice versa cases are perfectly fine. My "troll" scenario has almost zero chance of happening as Isaac gets all the votes not Matt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom