• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Well, I guess this is it guys! We officially have a day left... Felt like forever but I certainly did try! It's all up to the Ballot announcement. To be honest I hate waiting for announcements, id rather them just announce it tomorrow and get it over and done with xD! I really do want Isaac in the game, which is why I chose to vote for him and no one else. That includes Wolf who was my main in Brawl and PM. Really not sure what to think of this because there are lot's of ballot votes with high potential. Will be placing my final vote on Isaac today as I've recently just received my new PC. Hope that this one vote helps a tad bit!:)

alguidrag

Smash Ace
This is it! Our final battle! You're one of us, Isaac, and no "hatters" can change that. Now let's get in smash because i really want play using you

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
It was a long battle, but hopefully we can look forward to the appearance of Golden Boy!

He's been featured on every single list as one of the frontrunners, and he's appeared on Smashified too! I'm confident in his chances!

I'M HOWLING!

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
He only said that because of the two stages, but there can just as easily be one other returning stage, too. Plus there could be a new stage for an existing franchise. I think the most likely outcome is Wolf and two NINTENDO newcomers (its too early for third-parties). My bets are on Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac.
Wolf, K. Rool, and Eyesack?

That seems pretty ideal to me! I'll take it gladly.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
My personal hopes for the three slots are Isaac, K. Rool and Inklings. I wonder if people forgot that Inkling fit the same criteria that Shovel Knight would too, of being a new franchise introduced and needing a new stage (Also squiddy kids, cute and woomy woomy and first party pro too). Snake could also kinda fulfil both criteria, since he'd get his series representation back from zero to one, while also being a series represented in Smash before. Hm? Wolf? Of course I want him back too - but I'm probably starting to feel my want for him is waning having to wait for his inevitable return. He's still in my top 10, if its ever stable enough. Krystal close behind too.

Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros?
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner?
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac?
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?

My responses?
1: Having written a moveset for him, and of course the all-important vote for him in the Ballot, I've done what I can to show my support for Isaac.
2: He's my second most wanted for a reason!
3: 'Course!
4: Would main definitely.
1: ... Honestly? It may seem presumptuous, but I seriously wonder if anyone did more than I. I tried literally everyday to make Isaac more popular, player by player, using our well prepared arguments. And yes, I'm probably a bit crazy for that. :psycho:

2: I 200% hope he's in, he's the only one I actively want. Otherwise, well... I'll have nothing to do with Smash 4 and the Wii U altogether most likely. :c

3: Sure I do! There's no character/franchise that compares to Isaac/Golden Sun when it comes to add new cool things to Smash! :smash:

4: I would be very surprised, but also really pleased. As long as it doesn't mean anything bad for Golden Sun. :surprised:

Lucanic

Smash Rookie
My personal hopes for the three slots are Isaac, K. Rool and Inklings. I wonder if people forgot that Inkling fit the same criteria that Shovel Knight would too, of being a new franchise introduced and needing a new stage (Also squiddy kids, cute and woomy woomy and first party pro too). Snake could also kinda fulfil both criteria, since he'd get his series representation back from zero to one, while also being a series represented in Smash before. Hm? Wolf? Of course I want him back too - but I'm probably starting to feel my want for him is waning having to wait for his inevitable return. He's still in my top 10, if its ever stable enough. Krystal close behind too.

Now then, Adepts. We're approaching that time of closure, and a little personal self-assessment our efforts:

My responses?
1: Having written a moveset for him, and of course the all-important vote for him in the Ballot, I've done what I can to show my support for Isaac.
2: He's my second most wanted for a reason!
3: 'Course!
4: Would main definitely.
1. Yes. In the past I watched some LPs and stream of Golden Sun and now I have started playing Golden Sun for the first time ever. I voted for him and all of my computers and laptops.
2. Isaac is extraordinary swordsmen with Psynergy. He has a variety of moves which can be inplemented in his moveset and he is very popular (except for Japan). You can see that in fan pools. Golden Sun itself got really good reviews. I mean Nintendo should acknowledge one of the successful/best games in the GBA era. Nintendo plz...
3. Yes of course. Although I know Golden Sun/Isaac for like 1-2 years it feels like I know it/him for ages.
4. It would be really awkward to see a adept like Isaac playing Tennis with Mario but I have nothing agianst any appearance of Isaac in future games.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1: Creating and operating the Isaac thread for the past three years and supporting him for more than a decade, creating the support banners and icons, spreading awareness of the ballot and oftentimes keeping the thread active (though not so much as of late) ... I think my contribution could be seen as adequate. :smirk:

2: I hope you would all know my answer to this. :laugh:

3: Of course! Why wouldn't I? Isaac is a great character with a fantastic design and a wealth of potential from a series that is pretty criminally underrepresented for its success and quality. Honestly if you feel shame in supporting any character you support... maybe you should stop supporting them.

4: I think he'd be kind of a poor fit all things considered, but at this point any exposure Isaac gets is beneficial.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If Isaac gets into Tennis Ultra Smash, his signature smash serve thingie would be him using Megiddo, only instead of a meteor/fireball, it's a Tennis Ball.

ferioku

Smash Ace
1: Are you satisfied with your contributions to getting Isaac into Smash Bros? / I'm satisfied, but I feel like i could have gotten a lot more votes... There are many people who I asked but ignored my request to vote for him...
2: How strongly do you hope Isaac is picked as a winner? Honestly, I gave all my voting to Isaac, If he doesn't get in i'll be extremely disappointed, the people in this thread have tried to hard for several years to get Isaac into the game and then there are a few characters that are on the same league as him or higher. I don't mind who gets in as long as Isaac is in the roster, call me selfish but I've waited too long =(!
3: Do you feel proud to support Isaac? I actually do feel proud to support Isaac, I've always been a Link fan but Isaac has really grown own me. He's officially my favorite Nintendo character, I wish he was in earlier!
4: How would you feel if Isaac somehow got into Mario Tennis Ultra Smash? I only want him in Smash and I really don't think he'd fit into Mario Tennis... Golden sun had so much potential but I feel that Camelot are just lazy and don't really care about their fans! I'm highly disappointed in Camelot. Massive delays and little news on Golden Sun games. and no support for Isaac as a Smash character!

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Yes I am still alive, everyone calm down. I know you were all worried:smirk:

Anyways my opinion on the data mine, I think it's Isaac, K.Rool and Wolf,a new stage for Isaac and two returning stages... maybe?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Anyways my opinion on the data mine, I think it's Isaac, K.Rool and Wolf,a new stage for Isaac and two returning stages... maybe?
The characters you mentioned sound the most plausible. A Golden Sun stage seems to be the only thing that I can think would take the stage slot.

XTremeGamer1234

Smash Rookie
If I Isaac did get in, he would likely have a stage bundled with him, so there is a possibility for one of the stages, we'll see at least.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
wow, about time i posted here.....but still managed to check the replies. Anyway, it was a pleasure to share my isaac support with all of you, holding our psynergy hands together with a common cause. Try to not lose hope, any day, soon or later, the golden sun would shine on us, :D

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
So after voting for Roy, I hadn't submitted another vote. Well, I'm going around a whole bunch of computer at my university library and voting for Isaac. I thought about splitting my votes half in half with K rool, but he already has enough demand. Isaac needs the votes.

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
3 characters so Isaac, and 2 requested characters will come to smash? together with 2 stages?
Says who, exactly?

No one knows for sure yet, and with Nintendo specualting is impossible. We'll just have to wait patiently until the ballot is over, and cross our fingers for some info. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything in 2 months, it's Sakurai after all.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It will be great to see the Golden Sun rising on the horizon that is Isaac's confirmation in Smash 4 as part of the Ballot. I hope he does win.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
This is it folks! It's time for Nintendo to seal the deal. Let us hope that our adept gets in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Congrats guys on making it this far while dodging the Assist Trophy and Mii Costume bullets.

Let us hope we have Sakurai's blessings. Good Luck. :)

:231:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well....

It's been a good run folks.

Whether it ends now or at the end.

This is the day.

It's odd I'm getting emotional about this.

I guess it isn't Smash per say.

It's not even a character.

It's getting excited and having fun with people.

We've dodged a lot of bullets.

We can get through anything.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually think Isaac would be pretty neat in Mario Tennis. If Link can be in Mario Kart, I don't see why Isaac can't be in Mario Tennis when the same company makes both his game and MT.

On a Smash related note, i'm just really hoping that Isaac is one of the 3 characters that were leaked yesterday. I honestly don't care if the other 2 are disappointing choices. Isaac, Mewtwo, and Roy are all enough to make me content with DLC in the game.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The final day, I had a lot of fun in this thread, so there's hoping that Isaac will become DLC.

Once that happens, I hope to come here to celebrate and in the future, to talk about Isaac's moveset, possible combos, etc.

D

Deleted member

The day has come my friends. It's been one hell of a ride, but rather than making an emotional speech, i will do what i do best. Here, have the LAST COMIC OF THE GOLDEN SUN 4-KOMA GAG BATTLE.

Thanks for the memories my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The day has come my friends. It's been one hell of a ride, but rather than making a sentimental speech, i will do what i do best. Here, have the LAST COMIC OF THE GOLDEN SUN 4-KOMA GAG BATTLE.

And thank you for bringing us such awesome comics, it was awesome having you around. :ness:

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
i saw the results and Isaac has so many votes!! Is it true then? Is he in? Will he be in Sm4sh? Please say yes!!! Please!!!!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
i saw the results and Isaac has so many votes!! Is it true then? Is he in? Will he be in Sm4sh? Please say yes!!! Please!!!!
It is good to see you back after a long time.

Hopefully the answer is yes. We have all been rooting for him and he still has a decent fanbase all over the internet (sans a few vocal - some very vocal - naysayers). He has topped some fan polls and has come at a decent ranking (top 5) in other fan polls.

Considering all his awesomeness, Nintendo ought not ignore his possibilities in Smash.

Still love your Jenna steals Isaac's armour avatar by the way :D

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Hehe thanks! It is nice to be here again! To be honest, I lurked here many times, but I never actually came online to say something!

So our Earth Shaking Adept has good chances! I am so happy for this! It was a long journey and here we are!!!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. That's all we can do.

The ballot closes today, but you can still probably send in last second votes today.

The real questions are, how long will it be before we find out who's getting in? And then how long will it be before they're actually in?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The day has come my friends. It's been one hell of a ride, but rather than making an emotional speech, i will do what i do best. Here, have the LAST COMIC OF THE GOLDEN SUN 4-KOMA GAG BATTLE.

Perfect ending. "Look forward to the sequel. <3". Darn right we will. Isaac in Smash, and Golden Sun IV!

ferioku

Smash Ace
Hehe thanks! It is nice to be here again! To be honest, I lurked here many times, but I never actually came online to say something!

So our Earth Shaking Adept has good chances! I am so happy for this! It was a long journey and here we are!!!
Sure has! I'm actually confident to say that Isaac's chances are really good and he could actually be in with the influx of votes coming from his fans and others!

Edit: Guys i know this sounds a bit stupid but is it possible to submit votes today? My brother just voted for Isaac after months of me asking LOL!

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think I'll get too emotional about today, after all we have no idea when we're actually going to get information on ballot characters. It could be a bit premature.

I'll save all my emotions for when Isaac actually gets in. :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, I suppose this is the day everything is set in stone.

Best of luck to to all of you. It really would be amazing to see Isaac get in, and I'm hopeful that he will.

Top Bottom