• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Peach seen as Cheap or Too Strong?

Oaty

Smash Cadet
When I play with my casual friends they seem to think Peach is the cheapest character in the game. Honestly one of them just spams Dsmash and beats them all so maybe when they get better they will start to realize Peach isn't cheap at all. I've never heard complaints of Marth being cheap but maybe that's because my casual Marth friend is absolute trash.

VegiLohrd

Smash Apprentice
When I play with my casual friends they seem to think Peach is the cheapest character in the game. Honestly one of them just spams Dsmash and beats them all so maybe when they get better they will start to realize Peach isn't cheap at all. I've never heard complaints of Marth being cheap but maybe that's because my casual Marth friend is absolute trash.
Let me tell you about my friend group I play with. Lets call them 20XX Lite: Marth Only, no items, Final Destination.

The Fsmash spam with no platforms to evade....the horror....the hooooorror

Doublecork

Smash Apprentice
Peach is not the easiest character, but also not the most difficult. I think that makes her fair, because it's not like wobbling, which you can learn in 10 minutes.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
How do you win a match in Smash? Last time I checked it's not who can AT the most in 8 minutes.

Peach takes no skill

I won a tournament of 32 as her. 2nd placer played Peach. And 5th placer. And 7th placer. That's half of the top 8 playing Peach. I'm pretty certain we don't practice tech skill or anything with this character. Like, inputs/second are so slow. There are not frame tight timings for things either. An ability to combo isn't even required. Just space float and throw turnips. Not much else to her beyond that

No skill

Top Bottom