• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Peach and Sheik are easy to use. Not Falco, Fox, or Puff though.
None of those characters are easy to use, and according to a lot of the omaha peeps, Falco is the easiest character to use in the game.

Sheik looks easy, but

Dash dance SH nair is so difficult
This man speaks the truth, all of the easy stuff with other characters is hard as sheik, SHN/WD are impossible.

Welp, now David has to work Saturday. :-(

:phone:
JBM job johned a few hours ago :(

So I doubt NE is coming anymore unless someone wants to drive.

Cook

Smash Master
No, I'm not still coming. Too far to go by myself. And I was really getting excited today, too... :(

I declare right now that if the next one is not on a date where I'm doing something really important (unlikely) then I will come, even if it is by myself (which hopefully it wouldn't be).

You gotta believe me!

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: Apparently we did. That said, can you bring your Wii U and stuff? It looks like it may turnout to be an IA only event, and if it does everyone should still show up. It has been a long time since everyone has gotten together. Get Grinnell, CBK, Kudou, and everyone else to show up. I think we would have a blast playing Brawl, Wii U and PSA.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Don't think it's just a IA only event

KC bringing 4. Be there between 1 and 2pm

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Looking forward to seeing everyone today if I don't end up getting sick overnight. No crt unfortunately :/

My roommate should still be bringing his laptop though, and I have low-end recording equipment for it.

Dr. Ed

Smash Rookie
Completely forgot about this...

But if anybody wants to teach a scrub a thing or two about melee or project m I'd be willing to drive to Ames or Des Moines or anywhere relatively close to Ankeny. Heck I'll even try out some Brawl- though I'm not any good at it.

PM me! I want to LEARN! Mondays and Fridays people! All day I'm sitting around with nothing to do! :psycho:

*goes back to lurking*

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
@Greg: Apparently we did. That said, can you bring your Wii U and stuff? It looks like it may turnout to be an IA only event, and if it does everyone should still show up. It has been a long time since everyone has gotten together. Get Grinnell, CBK, Kudou, and everyone else to show up. I think we would have a blast playing Brawl, Wii U and PSA.
If you want to get some Wii U time in, I can host something Wednesday night at my place. Probably start at 8:30

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Great games everyone and thanks for the PM matches Schizm.

Joker- Next time make sure Melee gets an actual side event though! lol

And sorry how my roommate couldn't make it; he had a sore tooth or something dumb

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Yeah it's cool; I can't play Brawl competitively just because the whole game is about knowing a lot of tiny little nuances about character specific matchups and stage stuff and all that street fighter 4 kind of jazz. You can't get the reward for spacing and playing safe in general that leads into momentum, and instead have to get a lot of hard reads for individual hits that I just can not do. I might be able to play with like, 1.2 damage or something where a few hits each mean something important, but it's to draining to go for that many reads lol

Good games though everyone anyway for the seven or so Brawl friendlies I played using Fox and Jigglypuff and pretended like I was in Melee.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Singles:

1: MJG :bowserbrawl::dkbrawl::diddybrawl::foxbrawl: :icsbrawl::ikebrawl::dededebrawl::kirbybrawl: :linkbrawl::lucasbrawl::mariobrawl:
:metaknightbrawl: :olimarbrawl::peachbrawl::pikachubrawl::pitbrawl: :ptbrawl: :squirtlebrawl::ivysaurbrawl::charizardbrawl: :samusbrawl::zssbrawl::wariobrawl::yoshibrawl: :zeldabrawl::sheikbrawl::falconbrawl::falcobrawl: :ganonbrawl::jigglypuffbrawl::lucariobrawl: :luigibrawl::marthbrawl::gwbrawl::nessbrawl: :robbrawl::snakebrawl::sonicbrawl::toonlinkbrawl: :wolfbrawl:

2: DeLux :bowserbrawl::dkbrawl::diddybrawl::foxbrawl: :icsbrawl::ikebrawl::dededebrawl::kirbybrawl: :linkbrawl::lucasbrawl::mariobrawl:
:metaknightbrawl: :olimarbrawl::peachbrawl::pikachubrawl::pitbrawl: :ptbrawl: :squirtlebrawl::ivysaurbrawl::charizardbrawl: :samusbrawl::zssbrawl::wariobrawl::yoshibrawl: :zeldabrawl::sheikbrawl::falconbrawl::falcobrawl: :ganonbrawl::jigglypuffbrawl::lucariobrawl: :luigibrawl::marthbrawl::gwbrawl::nessbrawl: :robbrawl::snakebrawl::sonicbrawl::toonlinkbrawl: :wolfbrawl:

3: JJROCKETS :diddybrawl:

4: Bpow
5: Dustin
5: Ngamer3k
7: Lvl1
7: T22
9: mook
9: sorry
9: Fragger

Doubles:

1: Bpow/MJG
2: JJROCKETS/PortCity
3: Joker/DeLux
4: Mook/Valk

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Well guys it was a good run, had a lot of fun playing Brawl met a lot of good people who came good friends, I saw many come and go but it was fun hanging with everyone specially when traveling to tourneys but this was my last tourney.

I want to wish good luck to Brandon keep up the good work and represent Iowa ^.^

Thanks to Skizm, Razor and Metal for teaming with me for the longest time and Pcity for teaching me how to play doubles >.0

Sadly I never got to team with many of Kansas finest but I did got to team with Lux for one last time so thank you my good sir.

Special thanks to Razor cause he pushed me to get better and helped me with a lot of my bad MUs.

And thanks to the Iowa smash scene even though small we manage to turn some heads our way.

Also I will like to apologize cause I was never able to take us to Sex World lol
inside joke and probably no one here knows what I'm talking about >.<

I'll still be going to Marvel tourneys maybe Playstation all star but if both Marvel and Brawl are in one venue I'll probably see you guys there >.> apex maybe 0.0

Again thanks everyone for everything ^.^

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
This was a godlike tourney series. Joker is one of the TOs out there, truly. I had a blast at every single one I attended. The legacy will live on in the FGC though!

Let's GO! :')

When's Marvel?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't get why he would quit when Nebraska is building a local scene for him to take the money of.

It's not like I haven't gotten any less free.

Oh, all I have to do is throw a marvel tournament, that's easy.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Is there a way to archive the thread? There are a TON of pointless conversations that need to be archived for future generations to laugh at :)

DeLux

Yea you're supposed to announce that kind of stuff so people have a last chance to go

So you need to host a proper retirement tournament like I did :p

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Super derps because I also have one of your AV cords attached to my capture card Joker >_<

Going to get the cord and Brawl disc sent tomorrow

Also who is everyone that played PM? I need to get people's faces and names together for the future of IA tournaments.

§chizm

Smash Lord
If you want to get some Wii U time in, I can host something Wednesday night at my place. Probably start at 8:30
I'd be up for it if you do, I have nothing else going on Wednesday.
Great games everyone and thanks for the PM matches Schizm.

Joker- Next time make sure Melee gets an actual side event though! lol

And sorry how my roommate couldn't make it; he had a sore tooth or something dumb

Had I been there earlier I would've tried to set up some sort of Melee shiz if people were interested but I had to work unfortunately.

But yeah GGs.
Charizard y
[COLLAPSE=""]
[/COLLAPSE]

Thanks to Skizm, Razor and Metal for teaming with me for the longest time and Pcity for teaching me how to play doubles >.0

<3
Knightmares yoooooooo.

Partyvan too good.

I don't get why he would quit when Nebraska is building a local scene for him to take the money of.

It's not like I haven't gotten any less free.

Oh, all I have to do is throw a marvel tournament, that's easy.
Nebraska has no local scene.
Super derps because I also have one of your AV cords attached to my capture card Joker >_<

Also who is everyone that played PM? I need to get people's faces and names together for the future of IA tournaments.
:hamtaro: :ike:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Nair is so funny. I've looked extensively into every frame of the move to figure out to be maximum homo with it.

We really have to figure out what to do with the IA scene if this really was Joker's last tournament :c

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nebraska has no local scene.

:hamtaro: :ike:
I have my own place now so I can host fests whenever I want or tournaments when I want. Rocha would have came to Jokers if JBM didn't job john
My car sucks and I don't trust it going past Lincoln. Also no cruise control :(
, Rocha is interested in the game, as is his roommate bobby. Another kid is trying to learn pikachu and wants to get into brawl and he could convince other Bobby to play.

If Iowa enters melee, Nebraska typically enters brawl so JBM/David/Devon/Me/Tyser if it's free.

Then Jman brings people from SD, like 3.

Currently, Jarrel (d-yosh), Aura and Thugz are either in town or is coming into town in a few days. I've already played with Aura.

I might run a bi-weekly :0

DeLux

Driving all the way to Iowa City would be pretty hard for KS. The difference between a 5 hour trip and a 3 hour trip has ramifications like having to stay overnight and things like that which hurts our chances of going substantially.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: Yeah snowstorm killed the hype

@Nebraska: Ummm.....definitely not confirmed by ANY means but......15% chance I'm moving to Omaha this summer for a potential professor job at UNO...discuss

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You'd move to #1 on the Nebraska PR pretty quickly.

Until I learn you.

You can do basically whatever you want at UNO as far as teaching curriculum, most departments vote on classes and the heads are liberalish.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yea you're supposed to announce that kind of stuff so people have a last chance to go

So you need to host a proper retirement tournament like I did :p
See now the few that where here can say I was there man lol but you never know I might plan something o.0

That will be much appreciated.

<3
Knightmares yoooooooo.

Partyvan too good.
^.^

Top Bottom