• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Invincible Ledgedashes

hectohertz

Smash Ace
I had Kadano walk me through the inputs for a perfect ledgedashes, figured I'd share them with you guys.

"For Sheik, it is very similar, but her perfect execution is a low Shino stall (so that the explosion doesn’t come out). Regular Shino stall gives her a −1 ledgedash (one frame less actionable intangibility than with perfect execution)."

"I proposed that we consider Sheik’s high ledgestall (where the hitbox is active) optimal."

"For the ledgedash afterwards:
1-8 (ledgegrabbing lag)
9 drop from the ledge with control stick or C-stick
10 jump with the control stick held towards the stage
11-16 hold the control stick towards the stage
17 hold an angle between approximately 330° and 343° and press L/R"

"Doing so will give you 11 frames of actionable intangibility, just 1 less than with “perfect” execution (requires low up-B ledgestall and an earlier waveland timing that would produce a suicide in the “optimal” scenario)"

so i asked the sensai: "when you drop from the ledge, should you use down or back or does it not matter?"
to which he replied:

"It technically doesn’t matter, but if you use down and hold it for at least one additional frame, you will fast fall, which screws up the follow-up timing.
Here is a diagram with all control-stick ledge options:
http://www.ssbwiki.com/File:CliffWait_ANA_options.png
I think using the part of the ledgedrop shape that is aligned slightly forward would be optimal."

so i asked: "so for the transition on from 9-10, you need to have the stick down/back on frame 9, then in on frame 10?"

to which he answered:
"Yes, exactly. If you use the part of the shape I just mentioned, this will be much easier to do within 1 frame."

praise be unto him. now start invincible grabbing/tilting :D

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
from playing around in debug mode, the hardest part appears to be that you must airdodge on a specific frame in order to land immediately

Last edited:

HodgyDot

Smash Apprentice
Im not quite sure i understand, are you talking about the fact that a shino stall that not perfect can be edge guarded?

hectohertz

Smash Ace
Im not quite sure i understand, are you talking about the fact that a shino stall that not perfect can be edge guarded?
no. this is a guide on how to do invincible ledgedashes, which is where you waveland onto the stage from the ledge fast enough that you carry over your invincibility. what you are doing on the ledge beforehand effects the timing on the ledgedash (see the OP for details). i can answer a specific question if you have one

The Lemon

Smash Cadet
Thanks for this! Also, do you know how man frames of invincibility you get for grabbing the ledge?

The Lemon

Smash Cadet
Derp, I guess if I do the math, that would be 28 invincibility frames D=

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Thanks for this! Also, do you know how man frames of invincibility you get for grabbing the ledge?
Edit: I'm bad at explaining things, so I'll just quote kadano's post instead:
Grabbing the ledge is intangible and takes 7 frames for every character except Link (3 frames). After this animation is completed, you will stay intangible for another 30 frames, regardless of what action you do during this period.

Last edited:

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
is it the platform uair drop where u stay on the platform for some reason?

looked through the sheik boards but couldnt find itt

i think I found it on reddit just now

Last edited:

hectohertz

Smash Ace
is it the platform uair drop where u stay on the platform for some reason?

looked through the sheik boards but couldnt find itt

i think I found it on reddit just now
hmm no thats not what i was talking about. i think thats a platform cancel aerial. and i've never seen that done with a uair, just nair. got a link?

ill find what i was talking about, one sec

Top Bottom