• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Investigation - Your character's hardest Match Up?

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Hi. This is an investigation that I made because of curiousity. I got the idea from SuSa, who made an investigation on what was each character's most important match up to learn, whom I PM'd and asked if I could do this investigation. I was allowed to.

Basically, the rules for this investigation is exactly the same as SuSa's, except for the fact that you, in this investigation, are allowed to vote in as many Character Boards as you want to.

I'm posting this investigation in every Character Board on Smashboards. The purpose of this investigation is to figure out what character is one character's hardest. You may discuss it in this thread before you vote.

When you vote, you simply say one particular character you find the hardest for the character in question. But it is your first vote that matters. Whenever I see people have voted in this thread, I edit and write the name of the person that voted and then the character the person voted for.

If you have any question, ask it.

OK, let's get started!

KoozyKris - Snake
Chuee - Marth
Are-Sigh - Snake
Tokaio - Olimar
Kile0692 - Snake

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Snake/Marth/D3. Done.

Also, SuSa has no say on what is allowed and what is not allowed on the boards. To get permission to do project like these, get clearance from a Super Mod or Admin or the likes.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Snake/Marth/D3. Done.

Also, SuSa has no say on what is allowed and what is not allowed on the boards. To get permission to do project like these, get clearance from a Super Mod or Admin or the likes.
No, you only pick one character.

Also, sorry, I didn't think about that. There are always things I don't think about before doing an investigation on a forum...

KoozyK

Smash Ace
My personal worst matchup is DK. Every donkykong player ive played knows the weak points of lucas and knows how to make sure we get gimped. i usally thrive off their mistakes when i do win.
tilts are all of good range, having better priority than lucass pk fire.
his back air is rival to that of D3
getting grabbed by DK is easy damage put on lucas and possibly death.
those are just a few points i have to say about DK

i really believe snake is the worst though.
he can camp, and has really good close range,
mid range pk fire camping can be destroyed by simple powershielding and that stupid uptilt of his. either that or he'll just dashattack-into upsmash to shut that down.
and counter picking isnt that easy either cant use a place with to many platforms or a place thats way to flat.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
after seeing mekos play kadaj the way he does im not to sure about marth being our worst mu

Chuee is about to make that amazing 3,100 post!!!!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Snake is my biggest personal problem. Getting destroyed by a Snake that actually knows the MU sucks hard. Shady has played a lot against Mekos (since they usually meet up in bracket) and knows the MU. My god... it's just so **** hard.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
My personal worst is Olimar. I still can't play against him because it's impossible to approach him >_>
The character's worst match-up is Marth IMO. I don't find Snake too bad tbh.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
Yea rocket i agree with you, a snake that knows the MU will def. win. if u just have a snake that is doing normal snake shiza u should win. it all comes down to who knows the MU better. for that im thinking the snake and marth is about even

Kole

Smash Lord
Snake is only easy if the Snake is playing with his feet.

Or if the Snake player is a dog.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Actually Olimar is my worst for both of my primaries (Lucas, duh, and Toon Link) Even when I'm playing with one of my friends who fail with Olimar they will still beat me.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If short-stepped infinites are allowed, Marth is ******** for me. I don't get too many issues from Snake. His camping is not all that bad if you know how to deal with it. He most definitely out camps us, but i think we have better options in the air, if not, at least we have options. If you can get Snake in the air, you can air chase him to get him offstage. If he uses Cypher too high up, we can just air chase him again. If he uses it low, we can gimp, edgehog, or edge-guard. If he self-C4s, we can footstool him by predicting where he'll DI after the explosion. We can pivot grab DACUS. We can use SH-Nair OoS up close, but it's a tad risky, especially if you're at KO percents. Our worst thing here is how easily Lucas can be killed by almost any move Snake has. PK Fire his shield when he pulls out a nade, then jump in and Nair when he wastes time trying to throw it out. If he keeps his shield up, just stay back and throw PK Fires at his shield to slowly help him eat it away. When he knows he's going to risk breaking his shield if he tries to play too much defensive, he'll be forced to camp or attack to allow his shield to recover. Quick Tethering is effective in this MU. It allows us to stall the ledge, whereas he'll be waiting onstage with a shield in an attempt to punish us when we get up. Most likely a grab at low percents, Utilt at KO percents. I think he's able to punish all of our ledge options, though, so there's another fault.

In terms of our worst MU, i think it's DDD and Marth. I hate to play Marth, lol, it's just so hard when they're playing correctly and punish just about everything.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm...Out approach sucks against snake and he outcamp us :S
Marth´s attacks are counters to any single thing lucas has.
Donkey´s chaingrab is ******** >.>
I do not find DDD harder than DK. The real pain is his Utilt and the chaingrab IMO. Just be careful with the chaingrab. Run shield his ugly monsters spam (SideB) and punish with Ftilt. Careful with Utilt if you are on a platform. Down smash is pretty good in Smashville and Battlefield and Nair his shield and ALWAYS fall behind him. Uh and take him out of the stage and pk thunder. :3

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
DK. What a ******** grab release infinite. Snake as a pretty distant second, because its not unmanagable. I've never been in a region where Marth's grab release is legal on the little boys, so I find Marth to be pretty much just after Snake. DK is for sure the most ridiculous though.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^
This. If GR infinites are banned, Snake, Marth, and DK all feel the same for me. Aside from Snake's camping game, which I don't find to be a major issue. I got to play a Snake main and a Marth today, I two stocked them twice. I can easily say that Marth was a tad harder than Snake. I haven't really been able to play a DK yet.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Mmmm with GR banned Marth is the hardest. Marth´s attacks shut down every single thing Lucas can do :S At least against snake you can rack up damage heavily when he´s offstage and with donkey you can Dair spike him while he´s recovering, but you can do nothing against Marth, you get badly punished for everything :/

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Mmmm with GR banned Marth is the hardest. Marth´s attacks shut down every single thing Lucas can do :S At least against snake you can rack up damage heavily when he´s offstage and with donkey you can Dair spike him while he´s recovering, but you can do nothing against Marth, you get badly punished for everything :/
Marth definitely keeps all we have at bay. We can at least beat Snake out in the air, and go toe-to-toe with him at camping. We can grab him out of DACUS, throw him into the air, and put him at a major disadvantage. DK isn't hard to gimp considering you've got a spike with a disjointed hitbox. We can slightly out-camp DK, and we can punish his Bair with OoS Nair or defensive Fair. When Snake's offstage, you can easily gimp at around 30%, and footstool his self-C4s until he falls.

Edit: I think our worst MU could be D3, though.

Top Bottom