• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Intro To Samus + Character Match-Up's

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
yeah ur right i love fair

i like popping people up on platforms lol
i find it so amusing sometimes i will spam it and not combo out of it
except into more fair

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
(Replying to any of the ganon comments too lazy and tired to quote) missiles apply pressure <.<... a good almost ANYTHING high tier will break your missiles.... it's the fact that ganon is slow that it helps more so... I said wear him down... He's not going to be able to fair cancel quicker than you can WD attack (usually f-tilt so you're not punished) after the fair. obviously a bunch of straight missiles to anyone successfully will kill them fast even for ganon.

My strategy is to simply outlast the ganon, and play really annoying... and uhhh B-AiR! (whenever it is possible lawl)

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Against Ganon WD backwards F-smash is amazing. If you do it right it out-spaces his fair.
If I'm imagining this right your spacing would have to be impeccable and your timing on point. Ganon's hitbox is also larger than it seems so you'd have to make sure to compensate for it's ridiculous range.

Pi

Smash Hero
If I'm imagining this right your spacing would have to be impeccable and your timing on point. Ganon's hitbox is also larger than it seems so you'd have to make sure to compensate for it's ridiculous range.
idk about immaculate, samus kind of does the same thing ganon's fair does with her fsmash

lean back a little, then lunge forward with it

her fsmash has some beast reach

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i thought ganon 101 was fair->jab?

so wd fsmash wouldn't work?
i guess if you got the timing right or something?
i'm just wondering

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Since Samus is a timing-based character you guys should have timings down >_>

The F-smash starts coming out as the fair is landing, but since you have momentum from the WD back it misses, and then the giant gun hits him in the face before jab comes out. Trust me.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Stone him.

Edit:
Beat Ganon by not getting hit 4 times by him for every life you take of his. Do this by NOT GETTING HIT.
Pro tip:
Don't get hit.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't think I'll ever play Yoshi seriously Vectorman. The most I ever do with him is show people the amazing shrinking Yoshi glitch with Kirby. Samus is more than fine for me. For everything.

Getting a critique thread for him, though, might help you guys evolve the meta of Yoshi. Coming to a consensus of what a "Good" Yoshi is vs a "Bad" one may help outline/highlight parts of his mechanics that need tuning in order to more rapidly accelerate him into the spotlight.

Now all you need to do is make a 5 page write-up of how to play yoshi and some basic character match-ups and you will have completely copied me XD

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
Stone him.

Edit:
Beat Ganon by not getting hit 4 times by him for every life you take of his. Do this by NOT GETTING HIT.
Pro tip:
Don't get hit.
that's right because he's a lot easier to avoid than say sheik who one hit is a sheik combo and she's not easy to avoid because mostly everything she does is so quick.

Also, he's an easy edgeguard where even if u don't finish him you will rack up ganon sized damage.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Im going to take falco to pokefloats and marth to jungle japes. I think its going to work out in my favor =)

Top Bottom