• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreamhack Valencia - Brawl - 2000 Euros in Cash... - July 18th, 2013 - Valencia, Spain

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Disclaimer: The inclusion of Brawl in this lan isn't confirmed yet. This thread has the purpose to confirm it. Continue reading for more information.

What is this tournament?
The tournament is a known LAN party called Dreamhack Valencia, one of the most known eSports tournament series in Europe. You can learn more about the event by going into this link: http://www.dreamhack.es/en/

How do tournaments work?
There's just a fee of 35 euros that will allow you to enter Brawl among other tourneys as well as access the venue for all 4 days including a sleeping area.

So how do we get Brawl as an official tournament?
I'll try to summarize the story: A member of the staff is a smasher and has been pushing to get the game as an official tournament but he didn't succeed. This week though the staff has noticed that they could invest 3000 euros in cash prizes into another game and Brawl is being considered. We just need two things: People and top players. The staff has expressed that they want at least 60 players but also top players from other countries assisting. Spain alone usually gets numbers around 50 or 60 for nationals so the first issue won't be a problem. So what we need is mainly foreign players interested in coming to this tourney. 3000 euros just for brawl is huge and I'm sure players from Europe and maybe the United States will be interested, but please you need to let us know soon so we can confirm it as soon as possible.

This tournament is not only a chance for a big international tourney in Europe, something that hasn't happened for quite some years. It's also a chance that the Spanish Brawl community gets accepted within the rest of eSports communities and thus it has a lot of importance to us.

I'm not a staff member from this tournament but I will try to answer any question you may have. By the way if anyone distrusts this because of ñgamers I'd like to say that screwed up stuff like no replays getting saved won't happen. These guys have been running tournaments for a while and they will let the community run the tournament. There will also be a stream for sure. The tourney is at a LAN party with awesome Internet connection. We still need to get a setup but that we can work around.

As I said earlier I can't say more about this tourney right now and I'm very sorry about that. We can talk via PM if you want to know something I can't say here at the moment. The second Brawl is confirmed to be in I'll be able to make a proper announcement but the thing is it won't get in in the first place if we don't get what I said earlier.

So for now I'll just need people interested and hopefuly in a week we'll know how it ends. Some popular players like Mew2king or Mr.R would probably guarantee that the staff gets interested in picking up Brawl.

clowsui

Smash Legend
3000 euros? what the ****

why isn't this getting more interest lmao. that's 4 fat Gs, and it only takes 1000 at most to get to EU

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Contact AiB mods or something if this is really as big as you say it is. It won't get much coverage if it just lingers on the EU forums. Are we supposed to post here to show our interest and that's that? I wouldn't mind visiting some big Spanish city sometime so I guess this is a great opportunity.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Contact AiB mods or something if this is really as big as you say it is. It won't get much coverage if it just lingers on the EU forums. Are we supposed to post here to show our interest and that's that? I wouldn't mind visiting some big Spanish city sometime so I guess this is a great opportunity.
A list of interested players will be enough for now. Actually the smasher who's part of staff told me to inform in private to anyone who's interested so I guess I could talk with some representatives of different EU communities via PM/Facebook. He just doesn't want anything public since this could cost him the job lol.

I'll just pm you the story in a sec

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
interested most likely confirmed if this **** gets real where are the people leon, mr r for coming to this even usa players should come to this HYPE spread it around people

Four Sword

Smash Cadet
I would be very interested in this.
Obviously I would need to know in advance to get the chance to get some days off of work.

Hopefully it won't take too long to garner the attention of international players.

sinth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sinth_technique
Switch FC
SW-6875-3919-6957
Interested and will let UK know right now.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
you should have VGBootCamp stream it ;)
That would be awesome. The staff member I have contact with knows about VGBootCamp and said that'd be another good reason for his bosses to put smash.

So far this looks great, there's a lot of interested Spanish players as well and there's a chance there might even be a M2K fund. Mr.R also stated he'll be going to this event. Let's see if we can get a confirmation asap!

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
Consider me as a confirmed, if there is such a good even I'll come for sure. Marcjust tell me that's the staff isn't the same as Ngamer? Cause I really really hated this event

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Nah it's not the same. those were some beginners and these guys have experience. I PM'd bluboloise some details about the event, share it with the other frenchies.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
That would be awesome. The staff member I have contact with knows about VGBootCamp and said that'd be another good reason for his bosses to put smash.

So far this looks great, there's a lot of interested Spanish players as well and there's a chance there might even be a M2K fund. Mr.R also stated he'll be going to this event. Let's see if we can get a confirmation asap!
Pm me

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
If this happens, i'll defo be coming so for now interested.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Things are going well, we have gathered about 65 interested players but we may be needing about 100 to secure this tourney. As I said earlier, this may get Brawl (and possibly smash 4) in the same tournaments where other competitive eSports are more often so it's a chance we shouldn't let pass. Also no need to confirm or anything like that. We could get it by next week!

Eddy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-7498-4428
Marcbri do you have FB or skype ? i wanna talk with you about some things like flight and stuff

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Very interested, need more info though unless I end up getting a job, I'll go to this.

Despite what happened with me and that Spanish player (Forgot his name) and him never apologizing/ being patient enough (I'm not kidding when I said I don't have much money myself) hope I can enjoy my time at this, if I do win this I'm still planning on paying that dude regardless of him apologizing or not and I did forget that I need to pay Staco too my bad. Nothing for sure but very interested.

lol just read at Leon's post, I'm in big trouble too ^.^ not even sure what's going to happen for me next week. Hate life.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Certainly didn't expect this but it's nice to hear. I still feel bad that ñGamers was such a let down for you and Leon (and pretty much every1 lol) would be cool to work this out. About that smasher his name was FotuRAN but I'm sure you two will be able to solve this in an easy way.

It's possible that I can announce everything tomorrow, we gathered enough interest, let's see what happens.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
Very interested, need more info though unless I end up getting a job, I'll go to this.

Despite what happened with me and that Spanish player (Forgot his name) and him never apologizing/ being patient enough (I'm not kidding when I said I don't have much money myself) hope I can enjoy my time at this, if I do win this I'm still planning on paying that dude regardless of him apologizing or not and I did forget that I need to pay Staco too my bad. Nothing for sure but very interested.

lol just read at Leon's post, I'm in big trouble too ^.^ not even sure what's going to happen for me next week. Hate life.
wait wait, what happened with foturan last time? did you have an argument? I don't remember that, and for staco it would be hard for you to pay him, since 2011 he disaperred.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@Desti no-one is forgetting ;)

I'll create a thread for this tournament in the french forum. You should get some more interested people soon.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Staco still frequently posts on the german boards in the LoL section. I can drop him a message if you want, Ally.

:059:

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
We'll be having a meeting this weekend with a director of the event. I'll have the confirmation by then I guess. Wish us luck!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
wait wait, what happened with foturan last time? did you have an argument? I don't remember that, and for staco it would be hard for you to pay him, since 2011 he disaperred.
He basically helped me out with some money we're talking about 100-120 euros, I forgot the EXACT amount. I didn't have any euros on me and I kinda got ****ed up trying to fly back home, so I had to pay about 1500$ just to get back to Genesis.

I told him I'd pay him when I'm like not broke anymore? Only thing was he was really not patient, I don't think he's poor so I don't see why he was so urgent to get it, I was really broke and right now it's not going that well. So he started msging me almost everyday on AiB and I told him I'd pay him when I'm more stable, I kinda started to stop responding to his everyday msg because yeah... it's not like I'm going to have money the next day. So he decided to make some blog which was pretty insulting and never apologized, calling me a thief and stuff. I would never STEAL from anyone. After that, I kinda didn't want to pay him back for not apologizing but eh if I go to this and win, I'll def be able to pay him back and Staco, I feel like Staco doesn't even care XD but I gotta give him his doubles money. or if I end up getting a job I'll def pay as well.

Yeah Forturan was very helpful but he really should had more patience.. it was like 2 weeks after I left comon -_-

And yeah you could tell Staco that I haven't forgotten about his doubles money. I'll def have it paid by end of this summer haha.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I posted it on Staco's wall @germansmash. You should get a response soon.

:059:

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
He basically helped me out with some money we're talking about 100-120 euros, I forgot the EXACT amount. I didn't have any euros on me and I kinda got ****ed up trying to fly back home, so I had to pay about 1500$ just to get back to Genesis.

I told him I'd pay him when I'm like not broke anymore? Only thing was he was really not patient, I don't think he's poor so I don't see why he was so urgent to get it, I was really broke and right now it's not going that well. So he started msging me almost everyday on AiB and I told him I'd pay him when I'm more stable, I kinda started to stop responding to his everyday msg because yeah... it's not like I'm going to have money the next day. So he decided to make some blog which was pretty insulting and never apologized, calling me a thief and stuff. I would never STEAL from anyone. After that, I kinda didn't want to pay him back for not apologizing but eh if I go to this and win, I'll def be able to pay him back and Staco, I feel like Staco doesn't even care XD but I gotta give him his doubles money. or if I end up getting a job I'll def pay as well.

Yeah Forturan was very helpful but he really should had more patience.. it was like 2 weeks after I left comon -_-

And yeah you could tell Staco that I haven't forgotten about his doubles money. I'll def have it paid by end of this summer haha.
didn't know that from foturan, he was very cool and very helpfull, sometimes kinda weird but..., I hope you will fin an arrangement and forget that bad story

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Small updates:

meetings have been done and ideas exposed. Official form is filled and we only need a final yes. The staff is actually looking at different TVs to buy to decide which ones suits Brawl best.

This happened around Friday so I'm expecting a final answer this week.

Prize money will only be 2000 and not 3000. I've already talked about it with Ally and some others and first place would take 1k. I'll post some more details later because I've got to go right now.

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Ok, announcement is tomorrow. They will open up a preregister option in the website and leave it there for 7 days. As soon as it hits about 100 players they will confirm it. For everyone coming from outside it's better to confirm ASAP so please be around tomorrow and preregister as fast as you can.

Top Bottom