• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting interaction between nana and Yoshi's side platforms.

voorhese

Smash Master
Go to yoshi's get on a side platform, and desynch a blizzard with nana. As she does her blizzard drop through the platform. While she remains on top of the platform, with you under it, do a jump. She jumps also but barely leaves the ground, kind of odd. I tried it on battlefield like once but she just kept coming down, feel free to explore it's uses and post about em! She can do aerials basically standing like this.

ilysm

sleepy
Interesting! If I had to guess I'd say that what's causing the shortened jump is 'the Force', or the weird magnetism that causes Nana to gravitate towards Popo when they're nearby. I can only see it being pretty situational but it could make for some interesting shield pressure in that regard. This should also probably work at the right platform heights on Fountain...hm...

Last edited:

OddishGuy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is the force at work. This works only on YS, PS, and FoD, as once you reach a certain vertical distance of separation Nana enters regroup mode. You can actually see this distance by heading down the slope on YS and increasing the distance from Nana, she will regroup with you after you're about halfway down the slope.

Top Bottom