• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'd love Inkling Amiibo's! Please Nintendo!

They really want the orange Inkling as the main character.
I'm fine with that, as I already know that's the one I'm maining! :p

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm fine with that, as I already know that's the one I'm maining! :p
I think that's what I'll play too. Female Inkling for sure (I really don't like the male's tentacles (this is so wrong to read)) and the orange looks cool, maybe because it looks more like an actual hair color.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I'm maining Yellow Female Inkling in Splatoon, so hopefully that's an option in Smash as well.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Someone update me on Splatoon. Also the other day I saw this anime called Squid Girl I enjoyed it and it made me think of you guys here at the Splatoon thread.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Ika Musume x Inkling should be a thing.

Pair o' images from creator Masahiro Anbe's twitter. Have these been posted before?

In fact...

While I'm not exactly optimistic about DLC, I will 100% support them next game. Go, squids girls!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Pair o' images from creator Masahiro Anbe's twitter. Have these been posted before?

In fact...

While I'm not exactly optimistic about DLC, I will 100% support them next game. Go, squids girls!
Also not what I meant, but I guess that would be cool. If Luffy can get a Mario costume, anything is possible.

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
Also not what I meant, but I guess that would be cool. If Luffy can get a Mario costume, anything is possible.
I got a feeling you were referring to that other thing, but let's face it, the Inklings are Rule 34 bait already, and we don't need any sort of encouragement. I don't even think either of them are legal, anyway.

Besides, the coincidence is simply too big for me to ignore, especially when the creator himself approves.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I got a feeling you were referring to that other thing, but let's face it, the Inklings are Rule 34 bait already, and we don't need any sort of encouragement. I don't even think either of them are legal, anyway.

Besides, the coincidence is simply too big for me to ignore, especially when the creator himself approves.
Well like I said, anything is possible. If anything, maybe they'll throw in a white dress you can wear as a mild reference. If there even are any dresses, from all we've seen there are apparently only tops, you can't even change the shorts into something else.
There's never enough encouragement. It's all fictional, getting worked up over it is as bad as getting upset about killing in Grand Theft Auto.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It would be quite a wonderful day indeed, if/when it happens.

:231:
It would be a HUGE wasted opportunity on Nintendo's part if this didn't happen. We all knew that this game was made for Squid Girl to splat ink everywhere since Day One. :troll:

Ika Musume x Inkling should be a thing.
Still a better love story than Twilight. Hell, any crossover or crack ship is a better love story than that vampire trash to begin with. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I would sell my soul to have some Jet Set Radio DLC in Splatoon if it weren't for Sega and their constant hard-on for that hedgehog. I can already imagine how delicious it would be: Beat and Gum alternate costumes, Shibuya Central level, Spraypaint weapons, a Splatoon remix of "Let Mom Get Some Sleep", and the enemies are reskinned as certain gangs like Poison Jam and the Golden Rhinos.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Honestly, I hope Splatoon takes the route of Minster Hunter 4 ultimate. Free crossover weapons/costumes that can be unlocked, + free minor post release dlc..
Edit: from reddit user lightdasher:
INKLINGS.jpg

And then a request he took from me:
MEGA MAN INKLINGS.png

Something like this (either in game or amiibo unlock or whatever) would be so cool ^~^

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Honestly, I hope Splatoon takes the route of Minster Hunter 4 ultimate. Free crossover weapons/costumes that can be unlocked, + free minor post release dlc..
Edit: from reddit user lightdasher:
View attachment 42323
And then a request he took from me:
View attachment 42324

Something like this (either in game or amiibo unlock or whatever) would be so cool ^~^
That DK Inkling is nowhere near accurate. :troll:

As far as bonus outfits, I'd just go for things that fit the theme, a Blooper, Ika Musume, the Krakken, etc.

FLUDD as a secret weapon would be all kinds of awesome though.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Good to hear more amiibo support! Hopefully we go all the way with new inkling amiibos as well.

I unfortunately won't be able to probably use any amiibo, as I doubt Pikachu will be used, and even if the two amiibos who I have been waiting for two months at this point get here, they are Rosalina and Shulk who probably won't be used...

But man would Rosalina's dress and Shulk's clothes be amazing. Those are pure awesomeness right there.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I think the splat roller makes for a better side Smash attack. It would kinda work like Dedede's hammer. Slow, not as powerful, but also adds a little distance due to the paint flying.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I think the splat roller makes for a better side Smash attack. It would kinda work like Dedede's hammer. Slow, not as powerful, but also adds a little distance due to the paint flying.
Oh, sure, well maybe flicking it. But I think just rolling it and spreading ink on the stage is a great side-b. Would act sorta like Bowser Jr's, quickly cover space but have some endlag but good knockback. Since, well,

I imagine the Inkling (is there a better name for her?) would have a moveset that reflects her game! She wants to have as much stage control as possible by spreading ink everywhere. Then she can use...I guess down-b to transform into her squid form and travel through it, teleport through platforms maybe, but she probably shouldnt have her "choose where to travel to and fly through the air to get there" move from the game.

She could also hide in the ink like in her game! But maybe just for...2 seconds as a time. Should be used to dodge attacks, maybe travel a bit for positioning or getting behind an opponent charging a smash or something. But should have a lil bit of punishable endlag so you dont spam this. But also a little hitbox while rising, so you can still punish with a shield grab, but can't just wait for her to return and smash attack, yknow?

Also, your ink should only stay on stage for about... I guess 7 or 8 seconds, so you're game plan always reflects the game, ya wanna constantly demand stage control by covering it in paint. Or ink? Ahh, sorry, I think I wanna get Splatoon but I havent been following it super closely.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Has anyone put me on the support list yet? Also, how would the trailer for Inkling go? All I can say is this: It needs to include Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
An Inkling trailer should start out looking like Mario Sunshine 2.

Have Mario running around cleaning up ink all over the place with FLUDD, only to find an Inkling spreading it around.

There is literally nothing more perfect.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, have some characters fighting on Delfino's floating platforms. Zoom into Mario FLUDDing some paint. He looks over the shore to see Bowser Jr. tanning with Bowser and Peach though. Confused, Mario looks at the paint again...it is a little different. Out from the water leaps a squid! Transform!
Inkling brings the Paint! (eh, get it?) Inkling sets down that splat roller thing and runs Mario down!
~Gameplay~ including Inkling ramming through a character showcasing a move on a new Splatoon stage every other shot. At the end, zoom out and show the whole stage covered in Ink. Also include a shot of Inkling shooting ink in the air and Peach trying to block with her umbrella. Maybe Marth and Ike fighting and two Inklings appear behind them and spray them with Ink claiming them as their own territory before starting to fight each other.
Ends with Inkling has covered all of Delfino in ink and Mario wakes up after being knocked out only to be arrested by Piantas again.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I recall my brother and I discussing a possible trailer for them.

It involved intervening in Wario's graffiti-tagging vandalism with extreme inky prejudice, cue jaunty synth soundtrack.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Trailer ideas?

I was thinking more the lines of this:

The nintendo characters are having a peaceful picnic/beach day/something peaceful. For example, the princesses are having tea, maybe have a few characters playing ball, maybe have a character like Bowser Jr being causing minor mischief, but nothing too bad. It's a pretty simple day.

Then suddenly INK EVERYWHERE. Suddenly the princesses' pretty dresses are ruined! The characters playing ball are blinded/slip on the ink. Bowser Jr gets mad he is being outdone!

They all want to know who is responsible for this mess!...but they see no one. They all are confused. But then they see a pair of eyes in a puddle. They all become curious and huddle over it. The weird pair of eyes blinks.

The group is quite puzzled but they become even more curious so they bend over a bit more to take a closer look.

Just then, the inkling in squid form jumps out of the puddle, surprising everyone and knocking them on their butts. The inkling does an epic twirl with an amazing look at her transforming back into human form. When she finally finishes transforming she reaches the max height of her jump. She strikes an awesome pose in the air and then:

INKLING (INSERT TAGLINE HERE!)

And it's all awesomeness after that point with amazing gameplay footage.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My idea for an Inkling trailer:

It starts in a white generic city covered in blue ink. Mario with FLUDD walks in from the side and begins cleaning it. After clearing the area, he lets out a sigh of relief, and turns around to see the area he just cleaned covered in orange ink. Suddenly, a crosshair lines up onto Mario's chest, and just as he notices it, a blast of ink is fired at Mario and sends him flying offscreen.
An Inkling in squid form then comes from offscreen through the orange ink, turns humanoid, and looks at the camera while proudly waving her ink gun.
Cue splash text and trailer.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Also, I was thinking something more along the lines of a reverse Bowser Jr. and Koopalings reveal trailer where the Inkling(s) (the default orange female and her alts, which could be the other Inklings, male and female) are beating down Jr. and the Koopalings, in their Junior Clown Cars, no less!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

Didn't have a series emblem to work with, and I did the shoddy transparency job myself, but I had to try.

Top Bottom