• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I feel like the color schemes would go like this:

Default - Female; Orange hair, tealish short-sleeved shirt with black writing, black and purple shorts, green shoes (default "mascot" inkling)
2nd - Male; Blue Hair; grey long sleeved shirt with navy sleeves, navy shorts, and charcoal shoes (default male)
3rd - Female; Green Hair, purple short sleeved shirt with white writing, black and orange shorts, grey shoes (tanner skin)
4th - Male; Purple Hair, black long sleeved shirt with red sleeves, red shorts and white shoes (lightest skin)
5th - Female; Pink Hair, black short sleeved shirt with teal writing, white and orange shorts, navy shoes (lightest skin)
6th - Male; Yellow Hair, blue long sleeved shirt with white sleeves, white shorts, red shoes (tanner skin)
7th - Female ; White/Mint Hair, blue short sleeved shirt with yellow writing, white and purple shorts, pink shoes (dark skin)
8th - Male; Black Hair, brown long sleeved shirt with orange sleeves, orange shorts and blue shoes (dark skin)

The skins are just an option, they could maintain the same skin tone if need be, and that seems more like something nintendo would do

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to join the support for the Inkling for Smash 4 DLC or being in Smash 5 as a playable character :)

Quillion

Smash Hero
So I guess Splatoon's not going to have random voice chat (they're probably going to have it only with friends if Smash and Mario Kart are any indication).

Jeez, Nintendo. Just accept the GIFT as an aspect of the internet and stop trying to fight it! Team Battles With Anyone in Splatoon aren't going to be anything good if there's no chat between team members.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So I guess Splatoon's not going to have random voice chat (they're probably going to have it only with friends if Smash and Mario Kart are any indication).

Jeez, Nintendo. Just accept the GIFT as an aspect of the internet and stop trying to fight it! Team Battles With Anyone in Splatoon aren't going to be anything good if there's no chat between team members.
I tend to disagree. Playing a lot of computer games, I don't see the benefit to voice chat with random people. I don't know them nor do I care to talk to them. They may also be 12 year old kids saying how they are the best, blaming the team for our loss, or mike spamming. Voice chat is a must with friends but not needed otherwise.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I tend to disagree. Playing a lot of computer games, I don't see the benefit to voice chat with random people. I don't know them nor do I care to talk to them. They may also be 12 year old kids saying how they are the best, blaming the team for our loss, or mike spamming. Voice chat is a must with friends but not needed otherwise.
It makes cooperation much more viable, which is vital since they won't put in any other modes besides 4v4. (Should've had F4A mode if for just 4 players alone at least).

And besides, I would have loved to see the Trollarch community take on Splatoon.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Voice chat can be really important for a team-based game. It is true that voice chat with random people is a mixed bag at best, but with friends you actually have the opportunity to implement more sophisticated strategies without having to worry about unpleasant people. Voice chat is big for any sort of serious competitive match as well.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
...Huh? Where did this no voice chat thing come from?

Also, like it or not, when actually teaming up with people it can be important for being serious.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There are downsides to voice chat sure, but not having it nowadays in a competitive online team-based game is dumb any way you want to cut it.

Not that the absence will ruin the game, but having the option would definitely make it better, even with all the twelve-year-olds out there. Mute exists for a reason.

Quillion

Smash Hero
So are we assuming that it will have chat with friends (like what Mario Kart and Smash U have done) or are we assuming that it won't have it at all?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Glad there's no voice chat. Even when I'm playing with friends in a game with voice chat support, we still always use skype instead. Planning to do the same with splatoon..

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Anemona Girl and Pet Fish officially localized as Annie & Moe.

I hope the potential Inkling DLC includes an Annie & Moe trophy for the gallery.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anemona Girl and Pet Fish officially localized as Annie & Moe.

I hope the potential Inkling DLC includes an Annie & Moe trophy for the gallery.
A missed opportunity to name the clownfish Nemo or even have him as an Easter Egg character a la Pandaman.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Had Nintendo named the Clownfish "Nemo" it would have been a matter of time for Disney's lawyers to show up at Nintendo's door.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, you guys want an Inkling in Smash as DLC? To me, this may be very unlikely, but that only says so much. Add me to the support list!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You can go ahead and add me to that supporters list - she'd be awesome! Lay down some goo and teleport with it, surprise attack, recover, it would be really unique and fun!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If there are any artists here, Squidboards is having a Splatoon art contest right now, the top 3 submissions will be awarded eShop points from $50 to $25 to $10. The rules can be found here:
http://squidboards.freeforums.net/thread/137/official-squidboards-contest-prizes-included
Hey everyone! In order to generate some Splatoon hype, some of us have decided to host an art contest! We're hoping to bring out the creative side of the Splatoon community with this, so even if you're not confident in your art, or if you usually only doodle, we want to encourage you to post something! We'll be advertising this contest to a few other places, so put on your game face and draw!
  • Create a piece of Splatoon related artwork that clearly includes at least one Inkling
  • Submissions will be posted on this thread
  • Submissions are open starting today, February 9th, and will go until March 2nd at 11:59 PM. 3 weeks!
  • Winners will be decided by private judges. After Submissions close, we'll take 3 days to judge the submissions, and come to a conclusion on March 5th
  • Forum guests are allowed to submit, so long as they provide a way for us to contact them in the post (Reddit, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts are acceptable if you're uncomfortable sharing your email on a public forum)
  • No NSFW submissions
  • No harassing other contestants in or out of the thread
  • No stolen art
  • Only one submission per contestant
  • breaking any of the last 4 rules will result in immediate disqualification
  • Open to NA and Europe only
Feel free to enter. :p

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully this isn't considered a dead topic. Inkling would be awesome in Smash. Add me to the support list.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
What exactly does she say at the beginning. All I hear is "What'swrong?"
That music is cool though.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nice. I love the Squid Girl voice clips. :3

What exactly does she say at the beginning. All I hear is "What'swrong?"
That music is cool though.
"What's wrong? Shark got your tongue, scaredy-fish?"

Oh, by the way, if you haven't yet voted on my poll, please do so.
Done, and voted for Inkling as well as a bazillion others I can't and won't even try to recall.

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I don't mean to be rude, but could you guys add me to the support list? I would love to see the Inkling as a potential DLC/Smash 5 character.

Quillion

Smash Hero
We have a name for Splatoon's most basic weapon (which would be Inkling's neutralB in all likelihood):

Boom! We’ve got some breaking news about one of the weapons used in Turf War battles. This here is the Splattershot! We’ve heard that it strikes the perfect balance between power, range, and rate of fire, making it the ultimate all-arounder. Easy to use but highly effective, it’s apparently the gold standard against which all other weapons are measured!
It's pretty much a Brand X original Super Soaker. For point of comparison:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
And we have a name for...

THE OCTOLINGS!

They can switch between octopus and humanoid form as well.
Name was expected. A little sad that it isn't just a rival and instead just standard powerful enemies. Still pretty cool looking and still hope they are alts. I do have to wonder the advantage of becoming an octopus for them though. The octopuses look like they need to use weaponry.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Name was expected. A little sad that it isn't just a rival and instead just standard powerful enemies. Still pretty cool looking and still hope they are alts. I do have to wonder the advantage of becoming an octopus for them though. The octopuses look like they need to use weaponry.
Maybe they could splatter a lot of their ink in octopus form......

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure they simply act as CPUs, and they have the same benefit as the squid form in their octopus form.

Now I hope they are unlockables. They are as cool as the inklings.

Top Bottom