• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Saleswise, I don't think it is silly to believe Splatoon will flop, but hopefully it sells decently so we can have a sequel in the future.

I have no doubts it will be an amazing game, though.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Saleswise, I don't think it is silly to believe Splatoon will flop, but hopefully it sells decently so we can have a sequel in the future.

Salewise, I agree that it will not be on a Mario scale, but considering all the praise + all of Nintendo communication auround it, I doubt it will simply be forgotten in every video game stores.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
The shop keepers in general are just fantastic. Though I feel the crab is just lacking a tiny bit in comparison. But the rest of the character design is so good i'm not complaining.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The shop keepers in general are just fantastic. Though I feel the crab is just lacking a tiny bit in comparison. But the rest of the character design is so good i'm not complaining.
Same here. The sea anemone is awesome, though. The Shrimp too.

Is it me or is he dressed like a Tenpura?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The huge hub world looks brilliant. This and the Xenoblade Chronicles X footage were my highlights of the direct.

Splatoon just keeps getting deeper.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Holy balls, this game looks better and better every time they show it off. It was already a day one buy for me, but now it's an uncomfortable waiting game. I just want to ink things right now :sadeyes:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Sorry about that. I mean if the differing palette choices for the Inkling would be handled like the Villager, but with having 2 costumes for the girl each with 2 separate colors and the same for the boy variation.
Ah, I see. That makes much more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!
I WANT THE HUB WORLD AS A STAGE
I'd imagine, if an Inkling made it into Smash, and they came with a stage, this would be the one they come with. It'd probably be a "tour stage" like Pilotwings, Isle Delfino and Town & City. And that would be awesome! The Hub just has so much personality and so many defining characteristics in it, I really don't think any other location would be even measure up to this one. So you might get your wish, in a weird, twisted way:p. And on the topic of the shopkeepers, the Sea Anemone really takes the cake.
May can't come fast enough!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't know how, but every time I see more of this game I keep falling more in love. It at least shows that Nintendo can still make new IPs with the same magic as they've always had, even if they don't do it as frequently. Looking to be a day one buy.

Is it a bad thing that the customization is the biggest reason that I want this game? It looks like there's so many outfits, and even though you can only pick three different categories, the combinations are amazing. And the Inklings are just so cute.
I need a list of all of the outfits we've seen so far.

The Inkling has definitely secured a spot as my fourth most wanted DLC character. And a spot in my heart.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Agreed.

MILITARISTIC CRAB.

I will not be satisfied until that becomes a meme even if I must do so by my own hands.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I WANT THE HUB WORLD AS A STAGE
This, it will at least make up for the fact that it's too late for a Nintendo Land stage. Who am I kidding, this looks MILES better when in comparison to that childish game park in terms of visuals and aesthetics.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
MILITARISTIC CRAB.

I will not be satisfied until that becomes a meme even if I must do so by my own hands.
Attack the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I now have an obligation to be a regular in this thread, I would main Inkling so hard if she got into Smash.

Splatoon also comes out on my birth month so I definitely have to get it. And try on every outfit in the game.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Attack the weak spot for MASSIVE DAMAGE.

I now have an obligation to be a regular in this thread, I would main Inkling so hard if she got into Smash.

Splatoon also comes out on my birth month so I definitely have to get it. And try on every outfit in the game.
I see the change of avatar, mya ha ha~

I've been supporting Inkling since after Robin's reveal when it suddenly hit me, "Ye gods, this character is perfect for Smash!"

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I see the change of avatar, mya ha ha~

I've been supporting Inkling since after Robin's reveal when it suddenly hit me, "Ye gods, this character is perfect for Smash!"
I've been supporting for a while, but I just now decided that I need this to happen.

I'm probably going to go overboard once I actually play the game.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This rocks!
Yep, looks like the orange haired girl will get the spotlight if Inklings get into Smash. Didn't really doubt that because of the initial e3 trailer though.

Also, May HYPE! I might change my avatar as well.

Overall the e3 portion of Splatoon was great!

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wow, Splatoon is looking like it will be a really fun game. It already seemed like a fun concept when it was first shown off, but each new detail revealed shows an impressive amount of depth to the game as well (customizable characters and lots of weapon choices? That's awesome!).

I think I'll have to pick up this game sometime when it comes out.

And maybe then I'll offer my full support for their inclusion as Smash DLC.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Until I actually see some Star Fox Splatoon is far and away my most hyped game this year.

I WANT IT NOW

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Inklings may have the best chance as DLC when it comes to unrepresented series, unless Splatoon bombs, which I really hope it doesn't because the game is looking amazing. I'm so damn excited for it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Splatoon is also my most hyped game of the year, at least for home consoles. Majora's Mask 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mortal Kombat X are on the list of hyped games as well. :)
Aren't Star Fox U and Splatoon being developed by the same team?
Nah, Splatoon is being developed by the people who develops Animal Crossing. Which explains why Splatoon is so charming, colorful and wonderful.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Looking at the new trailer again ( which is awesome by the way), I can now easily see them have different custom moves like :4palutena:considering all of the weapons they have.

Heck, we can have them be like :4mii:and unlock different hats and outfits for them!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yep, looks like the orange haired girl will get the spotlight if Inklings get into Smash. Didn't really doubt that because of the initial e3 trailer though.

Also, May HYPE! I might change my avatar as well.

Overall the e3 portion of Splatoon was great!
I kept watching Treehouse Live because i wanted to see more of Splatoon when they were showing the matches. I was not disappointed.
Splatoon is also my most hyped game of the year, at least for home consoles. Majora's Mask 3D, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Mortal Kombat X are on the list of hyped games as well. :)

Nah, Splatoon is being developed by the people who develops Animal Crossing. Which explains why Splatoon is so charming, colorful and wonderful.
That...actually makes a ton of sense. And it explains why we haven't gotten the obvious Animal Crossing U yet.

Staarih

Smash Master
Splatoon is shaping up into an amazing looking game. Definitely a day one buy for me! May, come faster!

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The hub looks cool, but I don't think its fit for a Smash stage. It would make much more sense to have stage where the Inklings actually battle. It would actually showcase the game its based on.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
They've released a larger version of Splatoon's boxart, if anyone here wants to bask in its full glory.
I have to say, I love how the ink actual splatters onto the Wii U banner. It's a touch you don't see all that often these days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom