• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Which is the better option when Inkling goes in the ink, crouching or using Down-B?
Well, we did have Samus keep using the Morph Ball as a roll instead of a crawl.

If that's any indication, ink swimming will probably be just a roll.

The Ink Barrier seems to be a better down B option, though like I said, that would make them too similar to the Star Fox characters.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Well, we did have Samus keep using the Morph Ball as a roll instead of a crawl.

If that's any indication, ink swimming will probably be just a roll.

The Ink Barrier seems to be a better down B option, though like I said, that would make them too similar to the Star Fox characters.
The Inklings can move around with the Shield on in Splatoon but it uses up ink, so maybe the Inkling could move around with the shield on in Smash to help separate it from the StarFox characters.

Quillion

Smash Hero
The Inklings can move around with the Shield on in Splatoon but it uses up ink, so maybe the Inkling could move around with the shield on in Smash to help separate it from the StarFox characters.
Honestly, I think the best Down-B choice would be Splash Bomb, with a custom move that changes it to the other version that does explode on contact.

ϟPlazzapϟ

Smash Apprentice
The Octopus Inkling on the new trailer with the goggles would make a great alt

Id imagine she'd shoot purple ink if she ever is an alt, let alone inkling playable

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Crouching. They have too much to waste a B move on that.
Personally, I'd go for a Dash Attack that transform them into squids. I'm not against crouching, but what if you want to do a Down Tilt or Down Smash while being on some ink?

Last edited:

ϟPlazzapϟ

Smash Apprentice
One of those ink ropes an inkling was traveling up could be a tether recovery

another recovery move could be one of those paint gysers

ThePocketPencil

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0411-0276
One of those ink ropes an inkling was traveling up could be a tether recovery

another recovery move could be one of those paint gysers
those are enviromental aspect though, not the actual inkling, although i'm not sure on the tether.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I have this mental image of Sakurai watching the Splatoon reveal trailer for the first time, and the first thing that comes to his head is "THIS NEEDS TO BE IN SMASH BROS".

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm genuinely excited to glean more of this game's lore. The world-building thus far is wonderful, it's going to be something special when it all comes together~

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
i hate their design, but their moveset would be so frickin cool. Sign me up -- I don't care.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have this mental image of Sakurai watching the Splatoon reveal trailer for the first time, and the first thing that comes to his head is "THIS NEEDS TO BE IN SMASH BROS".
"BUT YOU KNOW WHO WOULD BE EVEN BETTER!? RUSTY SLUGGER!!"

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If Inkling becomes playable, I assume either the orange Inkling girl from the first trailer or the green one from the second will be the default.

Either way, he DEFINITELY needs to be an alt:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Whichever Inkling takes the spotlight on the game's cover will be the one that's the default in Smash. Callin' in.

Has the cover been seen yet btw?

ThePocketPencil

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1006-0411-0276
If Inkling becomes playable, I assume either the orange Inkling girl from the first trailer or the green one from the second will be the default.

Either way, he DEFINITELY needs to be an alt:

I'm pretty sure that it would be the orange female inkling, being the default, and the others being color swaps like bowser jr. With an octo girl alt. She's too cool looking to pass up.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I honestly really dislike their design, but I still really think they would be awesome in Smash, and I'm definitely getting the game shortly after it releases.

Sign me up.

Inkling Star Fox clones confirmed.

Sakurai thanks you for giving him that glorious idea! Thanks, Quillion! :dkmelee:

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I honestly really dislike their design, but I still really think they would be awesome in Smash, and I'm definitely getting the game shortly after it releases.

Sign me up.

Inkling Star Fox clones confirmed.

Sakurai thanks you for giving him that glorious idea! Thanks, Quillion! :dkmelee:
Huh; only realized just now that DK's Melee stock icon is pretty much a trollface.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I haven't posted in here? Huh.

Normally I'm not all that fond of newer characters, but the Inklings kind of grew on me. Not only are they as cute as can be, but they've got tons of moveset potential to boot. I'm not a big supporter, but I'd definitely like to see them in DLC or the next game.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I dont quite get how I have managed to not post here yet. Add me to a supporter list!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

The customization seems to be so deep. She even has a mouth guard like holy cow.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522

The customization seems to be so deep. She even has a mouth guard like holy cow.
Is that a gas mask on one of them?
Dear lord, this IS turning into Nintendo's version of TF2!

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena

Here is the Information that was posted with that picture.

Report from the Squid Research Laboratory.
In Turf Battles, the amount of area covered by ink becomes your points. The number of times you knocked out enemies and the number of times you were knocked out is counted to, but these don't contribute to your score. This means that the ones who spread the most ink are the best.

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
They are really going all out with Splatoon. O.o
I wonder if there will be more modes to overwhelm my expectations for this game.
actually it isn't a mouth-guard, it's just her very very sharp teeth.

Inklings have very sharp teeth for some reason, I know what the pummel should be.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
actually it isn't a mouth-guard, it's just her very very sharp teeth.

Inklings have very sharp teeth for some reason, I know what the pummel should be.
That is inconceivably adorable terrifying.

It's like Lovecraft got really really high and penned a comedy anime.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
They are really going all out with Splatoon. O.o
I wonder if there will be more modes to overwhelm my expectations for this game.
We probably don't even know the half of it. My reasoning is simple. They want to make this game "Have the same impact on shooters like Mario kart," so they need to go all out. Which means a Nintendo Direct dedicated to Splatoon.

Depending on when Splatoon releases, we could even see an e3 trailer. Nintendo really needs to just go to town with this. They need to really bring the nintendo charm into it.

Top Bottom